Mail Order Mystery: the Chance City Series Book One - Cover

Mail Order Mystery: the Chance City Series Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Epilogue

Romantic Sex Story: Epilogue - A lady farmer and a disgraced detective--will what starts as an arrangement turn into something more? Brought together by necessity, will Leigh and Cy find love or will their attempt to find lasting happiness meet with disaster? Join the Chance City adventure as its citizens battle opposing forces and mayhem in their searches for love and a brighter future.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Mystery   Western  

As autumn began, Daphne gave up hope that Brock would ever come around and let that dream die. She thought that Cy had been right, that she’d been foolish to ever think that a man who hated the Comanche so much could ever accept her. She had more important things to concentrate on, such as taking care of her family.

Sly’s family grew increasingly concerned as he withdrew far into himself. Unless he had something important to say or he was asked a direct question, he rarely spoke. He stopped going to the bars, preferring to spend his time alone when he wasn’t working. He felt dead inside and being around a lot of people was too exhausting. His family prayed that one day he would heal and be able to find happiness again.

Under Leigh’s guidance, Sundance Ranch turned a small profit when their steer sold fairly well at the fall sale. It wasn’t much, but it was a start. They built a woodshop for Johnny, and he started receiving work orders. Leigh hadn’t felt such contentment in a long time. She once again had a husband and family she loved, and they would be her anchor during the storms of life. Working the ranch and helping it prosper was also satisfying because it helped ensure her family’s future and wellbeing.

Cy was proud of his wife for all the positive changes she had brought about on the ranch. However, the ones that she’d brought to his heart and outlook on life were the ones most precious to him. No matter how badly his day went at work, knowing that he had her to come home to bolstered him and helped him through the hard times. If he was her anchor than she was his refuge in a sea of uncertainty.

Sly Lone Wolf wasn’t the only one trying to recover from the tragedy of Catherine’s death. Carly Branson had her plate full. Between dealing with her own grief and wading through all the legal issues her father’s blackmail scheme had caused, there were days when she wanted to walk away from it all. Not only that, but the damage to her family’s reputation also caused her political problems, and she feared that she wouldn’t be able to overcome them by the time that the election came around next year.

November brought more than cold temperatures to the land. To some it brought a bleak season that fit right in with the pain in their hearts, while to others, it brought excitement over the coming holidays. Could the season of hope and joy overcome sadness and despair, or would it bring nothing but painful reminders of happier times gone by? One never knew which way the winds of Fate would blow because, after all, this was Chance City.


About the Author

Robin Deeter fell in love with the written word the day she picked up “The Black Stallion” by Walter Farley, and that love affair continues to this day. In high school, she realized she could do more than read good stories; she could learn to write them, too. She went on to hone her craft with the Creative Writing Program through Full Sail University.

But her first love was entertaining, so she tried her hand at singing and acting. But Motown and Nashville didn’t call, and Hollywood and Broadway ignored her. So, she concentrated her creative juices on writing to entertain others. And she’s been writing ever since.

In between writing her historical western and contemporary romance novels, she still pursues her love of music and theatrics with local performances. She currently writes two book series: the Chance City Series and the Paha Sapa Saga. She’s also involved in several other multi-author series and has more novel ideas that she’s exploring.

If you can’t find her writing or performing locally in Pennsylvania, where she resides, you’ll catch her sporting the Black and Gold and cheering on her Pittsburgh Steelers.

Connect with her on social media at https://linktr.ee/authorrobindeeter and join her exclusive Facebook readers group at Deeter’s Readers


This novel is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, business establishments, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 2016 Robin Deeter

EBook copyright © 2016 Robin Deeter

EBook published by: Word Mine Publishing 2017

Cover design by: Taylor Sullivan

All rights reserved. Except for quotes used in reviews, this book may not be reproduced or used in whole or in part by any means whatsoever without written permission from the author.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.