Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One - Cover

Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 3

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Mid-18th century North America is a hotbed of unrest between many feuding Native American tribes. By this time, most of the Kiowa bands have been pushed west by the Lakota. However, one small Kiowa band is determined to stay in their homeland. Sky Dancer, a beautiful Kiowa widow, and proud Lakota warrior, Dark Horse, are forced to marry in order to create an alliance between their peoples. Can they overcome their hatred to find love or will distrust keep them from the reward they both crave?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western  

Chirping Cricket sat in the medicine lodge. He’d purified himself with sweet grass and cedar smoke and had given praise to Sendeh for sending him his vision. He’d asked for help seeing more and had done his best to clear his mind and relax.

He found himself fighting sleep. His eyelids didn’t want to stay open, and he jerked a couple of times when he felt himself starting to slump over. Even though it was hot out, he’d put cross-sticks outside the tipi entrance and shut the flap so that he wasn’t disturbed. Not even the chief would bother him unless it was a dire emergency.

Since the day the bison had come, Chirping Cricket had gained status and respect, something that was hard to do in Kiowa society. Their strict hierarchy rarely changed except through marriage. Low-born people rarely moved up in ranking unless they did something very impressive.

The young medicine man was one of the few exceptions. Singing Water had sensed something different about him and had taken him as an apprentice, despite Chirping Cricket’s parents’ low status. Chirping Cricket hadn’t received quite two years’ worth of instruction before Singing Water had passed on, placing a heavy burden on the young man’s shoulders.

Although he excelled at the medicinal side of his position, he’d lacked in the more spiritual aspects of it. He knew all of the rites and ceremonies, but until a few days ago, performing great acts of power had eluded Chirping Cricket. His people now looked at him with more respect in their eyes and spoke a little more deferentially to him.

As he drifted in and out of slumber, Chirping Cricket concentrated hard on the Lakota camp from his vision. The village didn’t come into view, but two Lakota braves on horseback did. They galloped their horses straight at him, their expressions set in grim lines.

His spirit-self protectively covered his head and closed his eyes as they rode by on either side of him. The wind they created lifted his long hair and dirt from under the horses’ hooves peppered his body. Opening his eyes, he waited for more warriors arrive, but the forest back the way they’d come remained quiet and empty of other riders.

With a start, he awoke, looking around the lodge in confusion. He was disoriented and incredibly hot. Getting up, he threw open the tipi flap and went out into the glaring sunlight. He put the cross-sticks to the side and wiped sweat from his brow with his forearm as he contemplated the vision. A few people walked by, nodding to him, but he barely responded to them.

Slowly, Chirping Cricket made his way to Growling Wolf’s tipi, gathering his thoughts before arriving there. He wanted to be prepared for any questions the chief might ask of him. Upon reaching the chief’s tipi, he encountered Sleek Doe, who was busy scraping a deer hide.

She smiled up at him. “Háːcho, Chirping Cricket. How are you?”

Háːcho, Sleek Doe. I am fine. Is Growling Wolf here?”

Sleek Doe noticed Chirping Cricket’s anxious expression and felt sympathetic towards him. Her husband could be intimidating, and Chirping Cricket was still so young.

“Yes.”

A-hou.” Chirping Cricket gathered his courage and walked past her to the tipi. The flap was open, so he scratched on one side of the entrance.

Hébe!”

Receiving permission to enter, Chirping Cricket ducked into the tipi and allowed his eyes to adjust to the darkness before moving forward. “Háːcho, Growling Wolf. I have news.”

Growling Wolf motioned for him to sit down. “I thought something important must have happened when I saw the cross-sticks outside the medicine lodge.”

Chirping Cricket nodded and tried to quell his nerves. “Yes. I had two visions today. Well, one vision and one dream.”

Growling Wolf grew curious at the excited light in Chirping Cricket’s eyes. “Go on.”

In great detail, Chirping Cricket told the chief about them. Growling Wolf watched and listened both with astonishment and amusement as the boy gestured expressively and gained confidence the longer he spoke.

In closing, Chirping Cricket said, “I do not know if others will, but at least myself and Lightning Strike will go to the Lakota camp. Those two warriors are messengers, coming to get us.” Finished, he fell silent and waited for Growling Wolf’s response as nervous sweat trickled down his spine.

Growling Wolf’s mind spun with the implications of this information. Would this bring trouble to their tribe or be an opportunity to create an alliance? While the idea of Kiowa and Lakota tribes creating an alliance was absurd on the surface, they were off to a good start. Shouldn’t their generosity with the bison count for something?

“When will they come?”

Chirping Cricket’s spirits rose a little. The chief believed him.

“No later than the day after tomorrow.”

Growling Wolf frowned. “That does not give us much time to plan.”

“Plan what?”

Growling Wolf didn’t answer that. “Do you know why you are going there?”

“No. That was not revealed to me,” Chirping Cricket replied.

Growling Wolf smiled at him. “You have done well.” An idea occurred to him. “Please call an emergency council meeting to start in one hour.”

Chirping Cricket’s eyes grew round, and his anxiety returned. “Me?”

“Yes, you. You are the medicine man and have the right to call meetings. You must get used to fully assuming all of the authority that has been bestowed upon you. I know that is hard because you are young, but you must.”

Chirping Cricket realized that Growling Wolf was right. He was the medicine man, and it was time that he started acting like it. “I will call the meeting.” He rose and left with purposeful strides.

Growling Wolf chuckled to himself. Singing Water had known that Chirping Cricket was the right person for the job. He shouldn’t have doubted his friend’s judgment. Then he sighed. His next task wouldn’t be pleasant, but if his plan was going to work, he needed to succeed.


“No! I will not agree to this!”

Growling Wolf crossed his arms over his chest and glowered at his daughter, She Sings. “I am not speaking to you as your father. I am your chief, and you will treat me as such.”

She Sings’ midnight eyes glittered with anger. With her angular features and slightly hooked nose, she was the spitting image of her father. She’d also inherited his stubborn nature.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.