Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One - Cover

Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 1

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Mid-18th century North America is a hotbed of unrest between many feuding Native American tribes. By this time, most of the Kiowa bands have been pushed west by the Lakota. However, one small Kiowa band is determined to stay in their homeland. Sky Dancer, a beautiful Kiowa widow, and proud Lakota warrior, Dark Horse, are forced to marry in order to create an alliance between their peoples. Can they overcome their hatred to find love or will distrust keep them from the reward they both crave?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western  

Sweat glistened on his body as Lightning Strike, a Kiowa brave, walked through a vast expanse of fields on a hot late summer day, but he paid no attention to the searing heat. His destination rose in the distance; his village lie several miles ahead, tucked into the lee side of a small mountain. He had important information for his chief and time was of the essence, so he didn’t slow his pace as the sun beat down.

Fang, his brother-in-law, walked beside him, keeping a sharp eye out for danger.

“I am glad that we were successful in finding bison, but I wish they were closer,” Fang said.

Lightning Strike grunted. “Me, too, but perhaps Chirping Cricket can call them closer. There is water close to our village. It may attract them, too.”

“Let us hope so,” Fang said.

Lightning Strike broke into a jog, eager to reach home. Fang kept pace with him, and they soon reached the cool shelter of the trees among which their camp was located. They were greeted by a few of the children, including Lightning Strike’s nephew, Spotted Pony.

“Did you find them?” the ten-year-old asked, his black eyes shining. Lightning Strike gave the boy a small smile of confirmation before hurrying on to Chief Growling Wolf’s tipi. The old man sat outside it, whittling a new pipe. He looked up as the two braves approached.

He smiled at them. “I see from the looks on your faces that you had good luck.”

“Yes, Chief,” Fang said. “There is a small herd a half a day away from here.”

Growling Wolf frowned. “Hmm. Nothing closer?”

“No, the Lakota have taken most of the bison for themselves,” Lighting Strike replied, speaking of their hated enemy. “Perhaps Chirping Cricket can call them closer.”

Growling Wolf grunted his doubt. “He could not call a dog closer let alone bison.”

“We will take our horses and drive them closer,” Fang said. “If we are in position tomorrow morning at dawn, we can cut the distance in half.”

Growling Wolf nodded. “Yes. That is a good plan. It is lucky that you were able to steal those trappers’ horses. They will come in handy. Gather the men you will need. I will ask Chirping Cricket to call the bison, but I do not hold out much hope that he will be effective. He is too young, but with our last medicine man dying, he is all we have.”

Growling Wolf missed his old friend, Singing Water, who had passed away two moons ago. He did not say the deceased medicine man’s name, as was the Kiowa tradition. This was one of the few things they had in common with the Lakota—a healthy respect for death and the deceased.

Lighting Strike said, “Maybe his power will grow as he gets older.”

With a sigh, Growling Wolf stood, his knees crackling with arthritis. “Perhaps.” His tone said that he didn’t believe such a thing would ever happen. “Go now and make your preparations.”

The two braves left him then, intent on picking out the best hunters from the rest of the braves.

With a glance at the heavens, Growling Wolf prayed to their supreme deity, “Sendeh, please give Chirping Cricket some power so that he can call the Bison to us so that our people do not starve.” Sighing, he went to find their young medicine man.

As Dog Soldiers, Lightning Strike and Fang were charged with keeping the younger braves in line to ensure that the hunt was carried out in an orderly fashion. A rash hunter could potentially ruin a hunt, bringing hunger or even starvation to their band. Keeping this is mind, they chose only the best marksmen who exhibited cool heads under pressure.

Once they’d picked out eight other hunters, Fang, the leader said, “This hunt is critical to our survival. Think of your wives and children who are depending on you to fill their bellies and give them hides for shelter and clothing.

“Do you want to watch them grow thin and sick? Do you want them to die? You must act carefully. This may be the last of the bison we see for a while since the Lakota are pushing us out and taking them for themselves.” He looked at Lightning Strike. “Do you have anything to say?”

“Only one thing,” Fang’s brother-in-law said. “We only have a few horses left. Do not make us shoot them because you cannot control yourselves.”

When hunting, the Dog Soldiers rode on the fringes, keeping an eye out for any hunters whose actions would cause the hunt to go wrong. If that was the case and the hunter didn’t heed their warnings, the Dog Soldiers would shoot their horse to prevent the hunter from interfering further.

Lighting Strike and Fang were very strict and tolerated no foolishness on their hunts. The lives of their tribe’s people depended too much on their success. Their meat supply was terribly low, and they needed the bison desperately.

Once the plans were finalized, the two Dog Soldiers went to the medicine lodge to talk to Chirping Cricket. Lightning Strike scratched on the tipi flap and Chirping Cricket gave them permission to enter.

He smiled upon seeing them. “You have come about the hunt.”

“Yes,” Lightning Strike said. “Do you think you can call them?”

An anxious expression passed over the sixteen-year-old’s face. “That remains to be seen. My mentor did not have much of a chance to teach me about calling. I will do my best.”

Fang said, “That is all we ask. You must have confidence in yourself. Your mentor would not have chosen you if he did not think you were worthy.”

Chirping Cricket sat down. “I suppose so. I know that Growling Wolf does not have much faith in me. He left right before you came.”

Sympathy for the boy’s plight rose in Lightning Strike. “Now is the time to show all of the doubters that they are wrong.”

“I will try,” Chirping Cricket said. “I am about to prepare myself to start calling. I will fast and call all through the night.”

Fang nodded. “We will give you privacy. We have faith in you.”

Chirping Cricket smiled his thanks and they left. With a heavy sigh, he began purifying himself for the task ahead.

Growling Wolf was usually one of the first people up in their village. He hadn’t slept much the previous night, so he was up even earlier than usual. Without disturbing his wife, Sleek Doe, he rose from their sleeping robes and went outside. He froze at the sight before him.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.