Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One - Cover

Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 14

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 14 - Mid-18th century North America is a hotbed of unrest between many feuding Native American tribes. By this time, most of the Kiowa bands have been pushed west by the Lakota. However, one small Kiowa band is determined to stay in their homeland. Sky Dancer, a beautiful Kiowa widow, and proud Lakota warrior, Dark Horse, are forced to marry in order to create an alliance between their peoples. Can they overcome their hatred to find love or will distrust keep them from the reward they both crave?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western  

Dark Horse took Sky Dancer twice more that night before they were finally satisfied. He drew the part of the blanket they weren’t laying on around them as they lay entangled with her half on top of him.

He kissed her forehead. “We will begin planning the wedding as soon as we go home. It is time for us to begin our marriage.”

She rose up a little to look at him. “KičhíyuzA?”

He smiled at her use of the Lakota word for getting married. He nodded. “Háŋ.”

Sky Dancer sat up and he followed suit.

“The women in my family will help you with the preparations,” he signed. “Do not worry.”

She ran her fingers through her mussed hair before answering. “I cannot help it. I do not want to make mistakes and look bad in front of your tribe. I do not want to make you look bad, either.”

He smiled reassuringly. “I have faith in you and with Mother’s guidance, you will do very well.”

She let out a sigh. “I hope so.”

He stood up and held out a hand to her as she finished finger-combing her hair. “Come. There is a small stream not far from here. We can cool off before going back.”

Sky Dancer let him help her up and they dressed just in case they ran into someone or any sort of trouble. As she finished rolling up the blanket, Dark Horse caught her around the waist and pulled her close. He kissed her softly and Sky Dancer’s bones seemed to melt.

Drawing back from her, Dark Horse took her hand and they walked to the stream where they bathed and made love a last time before heading back to their camp.

Dark Horse didn’t want to part from her, but he couldn’t sleep in the women’s tipi, and she couldn’t stay in the lodge where the other men were sleeping.

“Soon, we will not have to leave each other at night,” he signed as they stood outside of the women’s tipi.

Sky Dancer smiled, surprised that she was actually looking forward to sharing a home with him. It amazed her how much things had changed between them. They weren’t in love, but they had passion and a growing respect for each other, and it was enough for now.

“I will be glad when that day comes,” she said.

He would have kissed her, but she playfully avoided his grasp and ducked into the women’s tipi. Dark Horse chuckled quietly and went to the men’s lodge. As he settled on his sleeping pallet, he smiled as he replayed his night with Sky Dancer. He would indeed prompt his mother to hasten the preparations for their wedding.

“Are you all right?” Lightning Strike asked Growling Wolf as they neared their destination.

The elderly chief grunted. “I am fine.”

Although he put on a brave face, Growling Wolf’s body protested the journey, short as it was. His arthritis kept him from riding most of the time, so traveling this far was hard on his joints and back. It was also an eye-opening experience.

How could he possibly make the trek with his band to join their Kiowa kin who had gone west? He would slow them down and put them in harm’s way. He couldn’t allow that. It was time to name a new chief who was young and strong and able to lead with authority and intelligence. But who?

He was jolted from his thoughts by the lowing of the young heifer they’d brought with them. She wasn’t enjoying the journey, either, but it was necessary to bring her. Two braves suddenly blocked their way. Growling Wolf recognized Rushing Bull, but he didn’t know the other man. They’d been guarding the clearing from unwanted intruders.

Rushing Bull smiled and said something to his companion in Lakota, no doubt telling him who they were.

He came forward, signing, “It is good to see you again, Chief Growling Wolf.”

Growling Wolf grasped arms with him before responding. “It is good to see you, too. Who is your friend?”

“This is Slither, one of our most decorated braves,” Rushing Bull said.

Introductions were made and then Rushing Bull noticed the heifer. “Why have you brought this white man’s cow?”

Growling Wolf smiled secretively. “You will see.”

Rushing Bull looked at Chirping Cricket, who wore the same expression, and his curiosity rose. However, it wouldn’t have been polite to press them and keep them from the council meeting.

“Come. Everything is ready,” he said, motioning for them to follow.

As they filed into the clearing, several men and women stood up upon seeing them. Growling Wolf and Broken Bow smiled at Sky Dancer, who beamed at them. Growling Wolf saw her desire to run to them as they dismounted, but she held herself in check, following social etiquette.

Growling Wolf’s gritty determination not to appear weak helped him reach the ground without assistance from anyone. He stretched his back a moment before going forward to greet Sky Dancer.

“Granddaughter, you look well,” he said, clasping hands with her.

“As well as I can be,” she said. “I miss all of you terribly.”

Broken Bow embraced her. “We miss you, too.”

The sadness in his voice brought tears to her eyes. She wanted to go home with them so badly, but she couldn’t say so. She’d assured Dark Horse that she could withstand leaving her people again without falling apart, and she had to honor that promise. She forced a smile to her face as she broke away from her father.

The arrival of Soaring Falcon and the council prevented further conversation. The two chiefs stood taking each other’s measure. Both had worn fine garments that denoted their status, but that’s where their similarities ended.

Growling Wolf was several inches shorter than Soaring Falcon and slightly stooped, whereas Soaring Falcon was at least fifteen years younger and still stood straight. Their hair styles were different since Growling Wolf still wore his cut short over his right ear.

Soaring Falcon noticed the beautiful bone and feather earrings Growling Wolf wore. There was also a metallic glint to them when the sun hit them just right and he wondered what caused it. He would have to find out.

Although older than him, Soaring Falcon wasn’t fooled into thinking that the other chief couldn’t be a formidable opponent mentally. Growling Wolf’s eyes were clear and sharp, wisdom shining in their black depths. Dark Horse was right. This man will bear close watching as we negotiate.

Growling Wolf was similarly impressed with Soaring Falcon, who radiated confidence and cunning. The younger chief would test him, but he welcomed the opportunity to stretch his mental muscles in coming to an agreement with him. And come to an agreement they would, he thought. His tribe’s future depended on it, and he wasn’t going to let them down.

The onlookers watched the two men step towards each other.

Growling Wolf motioned for Willow to step closer so that she could translate. She did so, tossing a disdainful look at Soaring Falcon before lowering her eyes.

Growling Wolf said, “It is an honor to meet the esteemed Soaring Falcon. I have heard much about you.”

Soaring Falcon nodded. “I am also honored to meet the honorable Growling Wolf. I have heard much about you, too.”

As they talked, Chirping Cricket began feeling woozy and put a hand on his horse to steady himself. The two chiefs moved towards each other and held out their arms. It grew harder for Chirping Cricket to breathe and when the chiefs grasped arms, white-hot pain exploded in his brain. He crumpled to the ground in a lifeless heap.

Lightning Strike hurried to his side and saw that Chirping Cricket’s eyes were open, but that he was still breathing. In fact, his chest rose and fell rapidly, his shallow breaths creating a raspy sound. When he saw Chirping Cricket’s condition, Lightning Strike warned the others away from him.

“Do not touch him and make no loud noises,” he said, in a low voice while signing. “He is having a vision.”

Growling Wolf’s brows drew together in concern. “Are you certain?”

Lighting Strike nodded. “I am sure. I have seen him have a vision twice now. We must leave him be.”

Soaring Falcon motioned to Smoking Fire to come closer. “Do you think that the boy is having a vision? Can you assess him without disturbing him?”

Smoking Fire looked at the protective way Lightning Strike and Willow now guarded Chirping Cricket. “I can if they let me.”

“Willow, please translate for me,” Soaring Falcon requested respectfully.

Nodding curtly, Willow moved closer even though she wanted nothing to do with any of the Lakota.

Soaring Falcon addressed Growling Wolf. “This is our head medicine man, Smoking Fire. He would like to make sure that Chirping Cricket is all right. He can do so without interfering with the boy if he is having a vision. Will you allow it?”

Growling Wolf’s right eyebrow arched when he saw genuine worry in the other chief’s eyes. His own concern overrode his distrust. “Yes, I will allow it.”

Lightning Strike moved away slightly but remained watchful as Smoking Fire neared Chirping Cricket. Smoking Fire noted his wide-open eyes and shallow breathing, but it didn’t seem as though he was having a seizure. The young medicine man didn’t shake and there was no froth coming from his mouth.

A sudden wave of power hit Smoking Fire, and he quickly backed off. Wakan Tanka, or some other deity was warning him away. “It is as Lightning Strike says. He is having a vision and must not be disturbed.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.