Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One - Cover

Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 13

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Mid-18th century North America is a hotbed of unrest between many feuding Native American tribes. By this time, most of the Kiowa bands have been pushed west by the Lakota. However, one small Kiowa band is determined to stay in their homeland. Sky Dancer, a beautiful Kiowa widow, and proud Lakota warrior, Dark Horse, are forced to marry in order to create an alliance between their peoples. Can they overcome their hatred to find love or will distrust keep them from the reward they both crave?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western  

Dark Horse sat with the other men around the fire that night, but he didn’t participate much in the conversation. He was too busy watching Sky Dancer as she worked on a pair of moccasins she’d brought along. The other women also worked quietly on various projects—except his sister.

Three Deer sat gazing off into the night, looking completely bored. He suppressed a sigh of frustration over her lack of interest in domestic pursuits. Hopefully Sky Dancer could exert some influence on the girl and make her see that it was in her best interests to learn how to take care of a home and family. His concern for her welfare was strong. He wanted to see her happily married to a good man who would provide well for her and their children.

His gaze returned to Sky Dancer. He felt more positive about their relationship, but would love come of it? Thinking about their passionate exchange the previous night created an ache in his loins. Holding her lush body and kissing her incredibly soft lips had made a sensual fever burn inside and stopping had been torture.

Dark Horse’s body reacted even more, and he forced his mind away from thoughts of undressing Sky Dancer, instead concentrating on the conversation around him. If he didn’t, his craving for his wife would be very visible.

He caught Rushing Bull looking at him. His friend sent him a knowing smile. Dark Horse just smiled and shrugged a little. There was no shame in wanting his wife. Once again, he had to halt those thoughts.

What is the matter with me? Why does she have such a strong effect on me? Of all the women in the world, why is this Kiowa woman the one who drives me half-mad with desire?

The answer was right in front of him. She was the most beautiful woman he’d ever laid eyes on. Her long, silky hair hung in a loose black curtain around her shoulders, catching the firelight. Her luminous dark eyes held humor when she glanced at him from time to time. Did she know what she was doing to him? He thought she must.

Her pretty hands worked the sinew and needle she was using with graceful movements and all he could think about was the way they felt on his body. He clenched his teeth and ripped his gaze from her.

Blessedly, the group began breaking up for the night, sparing Dark Horse from having to pretend to listen to the conversation any longer.

He went to her where she still sat at the fire and held out a hand to her. “Walk with me?”

Sky Dancer looked at his large hand and then up into his eyes. The heat in them made her heart leap in her chest. What was he asking of her? What did she want him to ask of her? Could she give her body to him when her heart still belonged to another? Would that be enough for him for now?

She couldn’t resist his magnetic pull on her and she slipped her hand into his calloused palm, allowing him to assist her to her feet. “I have to put my sewing away,” she signed.

He nodded. “I will wait here.”

Sky Dancer’s hands trembled as she put away her work. She gave him a tight smile before going to the women’s tipi and ducking inside. As she put her satchel by her sleeping pallet, she attempted to quiet her pounding heart. Maybe he just wanted to talk, and she was worried for nothing.

You know better. When a man looks at a woman like that, he is not interested in talking. It was her duty since they were married, and he had every right to expect her to fulfill her obligation. She wouldn’t lie to herself. Dark Horse excited her, and he possessed kindness and a good sense of humor. Over the past week, she’d come to see that while he could be quick to anger, most of the time he was kind and humorous.

She smiled remembering the way they’d played tag and their language lessons. Quickly, she ran a wooden comb through her hair and made sure her dress was smoothed down. She almost giggled aloud when she realized that she was preening for Dark Horse.

It made her feel almost like a maiden again and she decided to just enjoy the fun of the moment. In fact, she would take the rest of the evening moment by moment. Accepting the fact that this was now her life, and that Dark Horse was the man she’d be with for the rest of her life, gave her a sense of freedom. She put her comb away and left the tipi. And ran straight into Dark Horse’s hard chest.

“Ooff!”

He chuckled as his hands closed around her upper arms to steady her.

“I thought you were waiting by the fire,” she said.

He picked up “wait” and “fire” and understood what she meant. With a naughty smile, he said, “I no wait fire.”

She laughed, pleased that he’d put together his first Kiowa sentence, even if wasn’t quite correct. “That was very good,” she signed.

The way her eyes shone with happiness made him want to make her smile all the time. He tested out another sentence. “Bring blanket you.”

She was so excited that she clapped her hands together and giggled before complying. When she came back out again, she took his hand without his offering it and they walked from camp along the deer trail he’d seen while hunting earlier that evening.

Since he was attempting her language, Sky Dancer felt that it was only right that she does the same. A little way from their little camp, they came out into an open field, scaring away a couple of does and their young ones.

“Stars pretty,” she said in Lakota, spreading out the blanket.

He grinned as he helped her and said the Kiowa word for yes. “Hā’.”

As they sat on the colorful, woven blanket together, Sky Dancer wished that it could be easy between them like this all the time. However, since both of them had matched tempers, she knew that wouldn’t be possible. But if they could keep finding common ground, perhaps their fights would become fewer.

He scooted around until he faced her, signing, “Tell me more about your first husband and your daughter.”

Sky Dancer’s smile faltered, and a grief squeezed her chest until it ached. She lowered her gaze to hide the sheen of tears she knew must be in her eyes. But Dark Horse wouldn’t let her be.

He gently tipped her chin back up. “Do not hide from me. Perhaps it will do you good to talk about them. I need to know you better and I would like to know more about them because they are a part of you.”

His request surprised her. She’d thought that he’d brought her out here to seduce her, not to have a serious discussion.

“Speak while you sign,” he said.

She nodded and gathered her thoughts. “As I told you, my husband and I knew by the time we were perhaps fourteen winters old that we would marry.” She smiled. “He was determined to earn enough coup as soon as he could so he could make an offer for me before any other brave did. He did anything to earn coup. Stole ponies, took many risks, and became one of our best hunters. All because he wanted me so much.”

A spear of jealousy shot through Dark Horse. He could understand why Badger would want her so badly. He also admired the man for achieving his goal.

Sky Dancer laughed quietly. “As soon as he stole his first three ponies, he gave them to my father. Every time he stole ponies, he gave my father more than he kept for himself. By the time we were old enough to marry, he had given Father forty horses, and he had counted plenty of coup from skirmishes.”

Dark Horse smiled. “He loved you very much.”

“Yes, and I loved him. He proved himself to Father and we were married five winters ago. I was eighteen winters old, and he was twenty winters at the time.” She grinned. “Our daughter was born the first winter we met Ames. He says that he got lost and wandered into our camp, but I do not believe that. Ames has never gotten lost.

“He arrived a few days before my daughter was born. We were surprised that he spoke Kiowa. Ames speaks many languages. He was very excited when he saw that I was close to delivering and patted my stomach without asking permission.”

Dark Horse smiled. “Was your husband angry?”

“Oh, yes. Very angry at first. Ames just laughed and said that there was nothing wrong with brothers-in-law teasing their sisters-in-law.”

“I am confused. I thought Ames is a French fur trader,” Dark Horse responded.

“He is. He was joking. When my husband demanded to know how they could possibly be brothers, Ames kept insisting that they looked exactly alike,” Sky Dancer said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.