Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One - Cover

Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 12

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Mid-18th century North America is a hotbed of unrest between many feuding Native American tribes. By this time, most of the Kiowa bands have been pushed west by the Lakota. However, one small Kiowa band is determined to stay in their homeland. Sky Dancer, a beautiful Kiowa widow, and proud Lakota warrior, Dark Horse, are forced to marry in order to create an alliance between their peoples. Can they overcome their hatred to find love or will distrust keep them from the reward they both crave?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western  

Three Deer kept up a steady stream of chatter the next morning as Red Sun helped her pack for the trip. It had surprised her when Dark Horse had informed the both of them that she would be going along to help Sky Dancer cook and attend to the men’s needs.

Even more surprising had been Three Deer’s enthusiastic reaction to his announcement. She’d actually thanked him for allowing her to go along, to which he’d responded, “Do not thank me. Thank my wife. She specifically requested that you be allowed to go.”

As she’d gone to bed that night, Three Deer pondered why the foreign woman would have done such a thing and why Dark Horse seemed cranky about it.

However, this morning, she didn’t care about her brother’s reason for bending to Sky Dancer’s request.

“What should I take, Mother? Dark Horse says that we will be gone for three days. You always pack when we move,” she said.

Red Sun smiled. “Perhaps if you had helped me more, you would know how to pack for various trips. These are the things every woman should know, especially when she is of marrying age, as you are now. There are few men who value a woman who cannot take care of the home, Three Deer.”

Three Deer shrugged. “I do not care about marriage right now. Someday, perhaps, but I am content for now.”

Red Sun tamped down her annoyance over her daughter’s unconcern about her future. She didn’t want to fight before Three Deer left on the trip, so she changed the subject.

“I want you to listen to Dark Horse. Do as he says without question to prevent making him look bad in front of the others, especially Sky Dancer’s people. Mind your manners and do not speak unless you are spoken to. Unless there is a dire emergency, do not even think about interrupting the council meeting. You must represent our family well and do nothing to hurt our status. Do you understand, daughter?”

Three Deer listened attentively to her mother. If she made a good showing of herself on this trip, she might be allowed to go on others in the future. “Yes, Mother. I promise to do as you say.”

Her somber tone and serious expression made Red Sun believe her. “Good. Now, take your blue-quilled dress and moccasins...”

As Red Sun instructed her, Three Deer’s excitement grew, but she remained attentive, storing away the knowledge her mother imparted. As they finished, Sky Dancer entered the tipi and smiled at them.

“Good morning,” she said in stilted Lakota.

Three Deer giggled at her pronunciation but was impressed that her sister-in-law was showing an interest in learning their language. “Good morning.”

Sky Dancer signed, “Are you ready? I have already packed my things on one of the horses. If you come with me, we will pack yours, too. We do not want to make your brother angry by holding things up.”

Three Deer quickly rose and grabbed her two bags. “I am ready.”

Her eagerness amused Sky Dancer. “We go.”

Red Sun followed the other two women from her tipi. She was nervous about Three Deer going, but she knew that Dark Horse wouldn’t let anything happen to her. As Sky Dancer instructed Three Deer about properly packing a horse, a prick of jealousy stung Red Sun’s breast. She should be the one teaching Three Deer these things, but maybe Sky Dancer would be able to get through to her daughter.

The men arrived and Dark Horse looked over the horse the women had just packed. Grunting in satisfaction, he smiled at his mother. “Sister, please tell my mother to stop worrying. I will keep you safe.”

Red Sun chuckled. “Three Deer tell my son that he knows me well, but that mothers always worry about their children. Tell him also that I wish you all a safe and successful journey.”

She hugged Three Deer and then stood back as her three family members mounted and started out. She watched them until they disappeared behind a tipi. With a sigh, she went back inside the tipi to begin her daily work.


To Dark Horse’s surprise, Soaring Falcon had brought along one of his granddaughters, Hummingbird. The pretty, slightly plump fifteen-year-old was as excited to be along as Three Deer. Although the girls didn’t know each other well, their shared enthusiasm broke through any shyness they may have felt, and they chatted quietly as they rode side-by-side.

Rushing Bull rode at the back with the women, keeping an eye out for trouble. This was his usual place during journeys, and, unlike some men, he didn’t mind being with the women. Sometimes they were more entertaining than the men, and he enjoyed harmlessly flirting with them. He also gleaned information from conversation that he overheard. While he never revealed secrets, he sometimes used the information to make suggestions about improving certain situations.

Riding next to Sky Dancer, he signed, “Do not worry about Clover and Rippling Water. They will come around.”

She looked ahead at the two women. Slither’s wives had been polite but cool when they’d been introduced, and then had studiously ignored Sky Dancer. Their unfriendly treatment bothered her, but she didn’t let on.

“They either will, or they will not. I would like to make friends, but my first duty is to Dark Horse, and I will perform my duties to the best of my abilities no matter what,” she said.

Rushing Bull said, “I am sure you will. Slither’s wives are experienced travelers who know how to set up a temporary council lodge quickly. I am not sure why Soaring Falcon brought Hummingbird along other than this is good training for her, and she is a good storyteller.”

Sky Dancer nodded, but she’d caught sight of Dark Horse, who rode next to one of the older council members. She only half-heard Rushing Bull as her mind filled with the memory of their heated embrace last night. Her hands itched to caress and knead his strong back muscles and her body tingled with the need to taste his kiss again.

Rushing Bull’s deep chuckle drew her back to reality. His eyes shone with a teasing light. “By the way you cannot keep your eyes off him, I think you are pleased with your new husband.”

Lowering her lashes, she allowed a small smile to curve her lips. “Perhaps a little pleased.”

Rushing Bull let out a hearty laugh. “You are a good match for him. He needs a woman who challenges him. Many maidens would not question him, but you are not afraid of him. Wakan Tanka knew what He was doing when he brought you together.”

“I suppose.”

“I am right. You will see,” he responded.

Sky Dancer was saved from responding when Three Deer slowed her horse so she could ask her some questions about cooking. Grateful for the distraction, she eagerly began conversing with her sister-in-law and her new friend.

Rushing Bull dropped back again, uninterested in a discussion involving such mundane matters. He caught Dark Horse glancing back at his wife a few times and smiled to himself. Yes, Wakan Tanka, this has Your hand all over it.


They briefly stopped at noon to rest and water the horses, eating a hasty meal of wasna and cold fry bread, before moving on. They arrived at the designated meeting place late that afternoon and immediately set about erecting the council lodge.

Sky Dancer did her fair share before showing Three Deer and Hummingbird how to make a temporary shelter. To her surprise, Dark Horse came to help them, seeming unconcerned about doing women’s work. He teased Three Deer and flirted a little with Hummingbird, making the girl giggle and blush.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.