Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One - Cover

Sacrifice and Reward: Paha Sapa Saga Book One

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 10

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Mid-18th century North America is a hotbed of unrest between many feuding Native American tribes. By this time, most of the Kiowa bands have been pushed west by the Lakota. However, one small Kiowa band is determined to stay in their homeland. Sky Dancer, a beautiful Kiowa widow, and proud Lakota warrior, Dark Horse, are forced to marry in order to create an alliance between their peoples. Can they overcome their hatred to find love or will distrust keep them from the reward they both crave?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western  

Bidding her tribesmen goodbye, the next morning filled Sky Dancer with grief and fear, but she did her best to be stoic, refusing to give into tears. She’d tried to convince Willow to stay with her, saying that she shouldn’t travel since her ankle was injured.

While Willow sympathized with her friend’s plight, her duty was to her tribe, and it was time to get back to them. She tried to reassure Sky Dancer by promising to visit her as long as relations between the two tribes remained friendly.

When she hugged Sky Dancer, Willow said, “You are one of the strongest people I know. You must try to make the best of the situation. Try to be positive. Your new husband is handsome and does not seem like a terrible man.”

Sky Dancer scoffed. “He is arrogant and irritating and my enemy.” She took a calming breath as she stepped back from Willow. “But you are right. I must carry on and represent my tribe well.”

Willow nodded and then grinned as she looked at something behind Sky Dancer. Turning around, she saw that Laughing Eyes had enveloped Chirping Cricket in a crushing hug. The youth almost disappeared as the woman’s meaty arms pressed him to her large bosom. His eyes were huge, and his expression reflected his acute embarrassment.

Sky Dancer put a hand over her mouth to suppress a laugh. When Laughing Eyes let him go, she took a package from Stag Chaser and thrust it upon the medicine man.

“Food for your journey home,” she said.

Soaring Falcon joined them. “I see my cousin is taking good care of you.”

The Kiowa foursome looked at Dark Horse. If his aunt was cousin to the chief, that meant that he was also Soaring Falcon’s cousin.

“You did not tell us that you were related to the chief,” Sky Dancer said accusingly.

He shrugged. “I do not boast about it.”

Soaring Falcon smiled. “He just does not want to admit it.”

In Kiowa, Willow muttered, “I do not blame him.”

Lightning Strike nudged her. “Behave, cousin.”

She sent him a hard glance before hopping over to her horse and pulling herself onto its back.

Soaring Falcon ignored her insolent attitude, which actually amused him. When he’d sent Dark Horse and Rushing Bull to fetch Chirping Cricket, he’d never dreamt that his soldiers would bring three more Kiowas back with them or that they’d be so entertaining.

“Chirping Cricket, I see why your former medicine man chose you. Though you are young, there is a certain wisdom about you. It has been an honor to meet you and I look forward to seeing you again in three days. You are all welcome in our village,” he said.

Chirping Cricket smiled modestly. “Thank you. It was an honor meeting you, too.”

Soaring Falcon squeezed his shoulder and gave him another little shake. Chirping Cricket wondered if this was a common Lakota greeting even though he hadn’t seen anyone else do it. The fatherly gesture didn’t offend him because it was not done in condescension but was a genuine expression of friendship.

The chief clasped arms with Lightning Strikes. “I bid you safe journey and hope to see you at our council.”

Lightning Strikes nodded. “I will be there.”

Willow’s expression darkened when Soaring Falcon approached her, holding out his arm to her. She stared down at him, hatred in her black eyes. Barely suppressing a snarl, Willow clasped arms with him. Grudgingly, she admitted that he honored her by accepting her as a warrior and not just a woman. Grasping arms was not something he would have done with any other woman.

“Again, I offer you an apology for what happened. I hope your ankle heals soon,” he said.

“Thank you,” she said stiffly. “It will be fine.”

She pulled her arm from his grip, not wanting to touch him any longer than necessary. The twinkle of amusement in his eyes grated on her nerves, and she fought down the impulse to kick him in the face and stab him in the heart.

Lightning Strike and Chirping Cricket mounted their horses and trotted off, breaking into a canter upon reaching the outskirts of the camp. Sky Dancer watched them leave, her heart pounding as they disappeared from view. She desperately wanted to steal a horse and ride after them, but she couldn’t.

She was stuck here with these strangers, her enemies. Looking around all she saw were hate-filled eyes and suddenly she couldn’t breathe. Despite being outdoors, she felt as though she was sealed inside an airless box. She needed to escape all of the prying eyes for a while and regain her wits.

“I am going for a walk,” she managed to sign without her hands shaking too badly.

As proudly as possible, she strode away from the others, heading for the creek. Willow had shown it to her that morning when they’d gone to bathe. She knew the way now and she quickly walked through the maze of tipis until she’d reached the open prairie.

Birds, rabbits, and other small creatures fled before her as she walked along the hard-packed path. Unlike her village that was situated in the woods, the Lakota camp stretched over a broad expanse of open prairie with little shade. However, the creek was lined with various species of trees.

Finding a comfortable spot under a tall maple tree, Sky Dancer sat with her back braced against its trunk. A squirrel chattered overhead, scolding her for disturbing him.

“I am sorry, friend squirrel, but I only wish to sit here for a little while,” she said aloud.

It dawned on her as she spoke that she wouldn’t hear her native tongue for quite some time. She would be forced to learn Lakota now. Loneliness and heartbreak crashed down upon her and she couldn’t hold it at bay. Drawing her legs up, she wrapped her arms around them, rested her forehead on her knees, and wept.


Dark Horse had followed his wife to make sure she was safe. He saw her under the maple tree and heard her sobs. His first impulse was to go to her, but upon second thought, he knew that she didn’t want anyone to see her weakness. If he let his presence be known, she would become angry and defensive, and he wanted to avoid that. So, he retreated just far enough to be hidden from her, but still able to hear her.

He clenched his jaw as she let out her turbulent emotions, her sorrow hard to witness. Despite what she might think, he was not a callous man without regard for the feelings of others. He couldn’t imagine leaving his people to go live with an enemy tribe and felt that her grief was justified.

After several minutes, he heard her sobs slow and then stop altogether. He waited a few more minutes before approaching her to give her time to compose herself. When he emerged from his hiding place, he did it in such a way that his appearance wouldn’t be sudden and startle her.

The pain in her expression when she looked at him squeezed his heart. “I wanted to make sure you were safe.” He said the words as he signed, feeling that she should start learning Lakota right away.

She watched him as he sat down, enjoying the play of his muscles even though it made her feel guilty to do so. “I am fine. I needed some time.”

He smiled because she’d spoken in Kiowa. “I understand.”

Her delicate brows drew together. “I doubt that.”

Ignoring her jab, he said, “We must talk about something.”

“All right.”

“As you know, I have high status in our tribe. Certain things are expected of me and will be of you as well. Mother and Laughing Eyes will teach you our customs and what is expected of you,” he said.

“I will do my duty and I will appreciate the help. Both of them have been very kind to me.”

A bit of leaf clung to one of her braids and he picked it from the silky strands. “They are good women. I know that we are married by your tribe’s standards, but because of my station, a Lakota wedding is expected. You will continue to stay with my aunt and uncle until we are wed. Then we will begin our life together. This will give you time to get to know people and for us to become better acquainted.”

She nodded. “I thought that you would want your people to see you become married. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.” She was a widow and shouldn’t be shy about the physical side of marriage, but bashfulness stole through her. “What about my wifely duties?”

He’d been expecting her question. “While you are a very desirable woman and I would enjoy sharing sleeping robes with you, I will leave it up to you to decide when it happens. If it happens before the wedding, so be it, since we are already married, and you are a widow. However, it will definitely start once we are married ... again.”

His teasing smile made her chuckle even though her stomach knotted with anxiety. Then she gave him a coy look. “If you keep being so thoughtful and nice, it might happen before the wedding.”

He laughed, a rich, warm sound that captivated her as much as his appealing smile. “I will remember that.”

Dark Horse took her hand, but she pulled away from him with a wary look. “You must get used to me doing this, Sky Dancer.”

When he picked up her hand again, Sky Dancer didn’t resist. His hands and fingers were as attractive as the rest of him. They were strong and nimble, yet his touch was gentle as he pressed her hand between both of his. She was fascinated by the sight of his hands engulfing hers and the feel of his slightly rough palms against her skin.

He tapped the top of her hand. “Napé,” he said, then signed, “That is how we say ‘hand’. Napé.

Sky Dancer smiled and repeated the word. “Napé.” She paused and then said, “Máun, ” the Kiowa word for the same body part.

The delighted way he smiled and shifted into a more comfortable position reminded her of an eager little boy, ready to play a game. It was such a change from the cynical, brooding war leader that her earlier sadness was temporarily held at bay. A language lesson with this Dark Horse was just what she needed to keep from crying and a good way to get to know him better.

For the next hour, they taught each other their respective languages, laughing over blunders and miscommunications. They argued good-naturedly and kidded each other about bad mispronunciations.

She found out just how silly he could be when she teased him over a particularly bad mistake. He stood up and walked a short distance away, crossing his arms over his chest and turning his back on her the way a child does when angry. The way he peeked over his shoulder to see if she was watching him made her laugh.

Playing along, she got up and went to him, but he turned away again, forcing her to chase him. It started off an unexpected game of tag. They ran and laughed the way they had when they’d been children, the way they still did with the children of their respective tribes.

Sky Dancer finally stopped, out of breath. “I quit. You win.”

He grinned and came back to her. “You are fast for a woman,” he signed.

The way her eyes sparkled with laughter and the flush in her cheeks made her even more beautiful and he was surprised by the desire to make her laugh more often.

“I may not be able to run as fast as you, but I am sure that I can beat you at knuckles.”

Her declaration made him laugh. “Are you suggesting that we make a bet?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.