God of War: Love & Strength - Cover

God of War: Love & Strength

Copyright© 2023 by AchtungNight

Chapter 4: Assisting Freya

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 4: Assisting Freya - Kratos & Freya seek reconciliation, post-Ragnarok

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Celebrity   Fan Fiction   GameLit   Humor   War   Aliens   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   FemaleDom   Rough   Anal Sex   Massage   Oral Sex   Slow  

Time around Kratos unfroze in answer to his command, as if a higher entity was controlling his surroundings.

“Kratos!” Freya shouted from outside just then. “I need you!”

“Go to her, brother!” Mimir shouted as Kratos at once leaped to his feet. “I can wait for you here!”

Kratos activated his Draupnir ring and a spear appeared in his hand. He also recalled his Leviathan Axe to his open hand so it would be close if needed. The Blades of Chaos he left behind for now.

His weapons ready, Kratos rushed to the training yard and there found Freya in combat with several Hel-Walkers. Wandering Monsters near my home, Kratos judged them, recognizing the blue humanoid undead creatures wielding various weapons. I may have to renew the Protection Stave.

He threw his Draupnir spear at the nearest Hel-Walker, hitting it in the throat. Kratos summoned another spear as the Monster dissolved into blue mist, lunging quickly at a pair of Hel-Walkers that were moving towards him.

Freya smiled as she watched Kratos eliminate the Monsters with a quick series of thrusts. Three more Hel-Walkers were close to her. She wielded her Aesir sword and engaged them, covering the Monsters in Bifrost energy with several sword slashes. A quick ballet switch to her Vanir sword, and the energy exploded with her next strike, destroying two of the Hel-Walkers. The Bifrost had faded from the third Hel-Walker, which evaded her thrusts. Freya waved her hand and a vine came out of the ground, knocking the Hel-Walker off its feet. The vine then coiled around the Hel-Walker at Freya’s direction, and she sliced off the entangled Monster’s head.

Kratos, having slain his own opponents, looked around for further threats. Two Hel-Archers were on a ridge nearby, aiming arrows in his direction. Two quick thrown spears vanquished them. Another Hel-Walker was approaching Kratos from the right. A thrown spear took care of that Monster also. Another Hel-Archer was nearby, a stronger one. Kratos threw his Axe at that enemy and eliminated it.

“Hel-Viken!” Freya shouted. “On your left!”

This large muscular Hel-Walker would require more advanced tactics, Kratos recalled quickly. The Hel-Viken’s club wounded Kratos while he debated tactics. He thrust a spear into the Monster’s stomach, released that spear and backed away, then summoned another spear and slammed its stave on the ground. The spear embedded in the Hel-Viken exploded, knocking it down. Freya waved her hand and vines entangled the Monster. Kratos threw and exploded several more spears, destroying the Hel-Viken. Freya meanwhile dispatched two more Hel-Walkers approaching them with her Vanir sword, moving quickly with use of her Valkyrie Wings.

“Are there more?” Kratos asked her, recalling his Axe to his hand as he looked around.

“On your right!”

Kratos’ thrown Axe slew the aiming Hel-Shadow Archer right after its arrow wounded Kratos. The wound was not serious, thankfully.

“Tatzelwurm at your feet!”

Kratos quickly stabbed the furry reptile rising from the ground with his newest summoned spear. He then left that spear embedded in the twitching Tatzelwurm as he leapt away, then quickly detonated the spear to destroy the Monster.

“Enemy behind you, Kratos!”

Kratos turned around quickly and saw another Hel-Viken approaching, flanked by two more Hel-Walkers. All three of the Monsters wounded Kratos while he debated tactics. He moved quickly, scrambling to get away. Kratos summoned another spear and directed a blast of wind magic at the monstrous trio, sweeping them back. A wall of vines summoned by Freya rose to further separate and isolate each of the Monsters. Kratos moved to slay them, unleashing various moves from his arsenal. The situation was not right for his spear now, so he summoned his Leviathan Axe and swapped between them. A Light Runic Attack to damage the Hel-Viken, a Heavy Runic Attack to dispatch it. Kratos switched weapons as he engaged the other two enemies. Two quick spear stabs for one Hel-Walker, a few Axe swings for the other. A Spartan Kick to another Tatzelwurm that appeared, followed by another embedded and detonated spear. A Hel-Archer was taking aim. Kratos’ thrown Axe defeated that target. One more Hel-Walker was attacking Freya, it was already covered in Bifrost. She had slain three more Hel-Walkers approaching her also. Kratos killed the final Hel-Walker with a Bifrost explosion trigged by his thrusting spear.

“That was the last,” he said after another look around. No further enemies threatened them. Time to check on Freya now, Kratos decided, since the immediate threats are gone. This fanfic author threatening me can wait, Freya is my main concern. “Are you injured?”

Freya looked at a deep cut on her arm and healed it with a quick spell. “Not any longer. You?”

Kratos smashed several Health Stones dropped by his slain enemies and relaxed as he absorbed their magic. “I am fine.”

“Good. I already renewed your Protection Stave.”

It took him an instant to realize the implication in Freya’s words. Kratos recalled his Axe, summoned another spear, and turned to face Freya, keeping the weapons ready. “You canceled the Protection Stave’s magic on my home?”

“By accident. I was seeing if it needed strengthening. The Jotnar magic was unfamiliar.” Freya held her open hand in a peaceful gesture, keeping her sword lowered but ready in case Kratos were to attack. She had faith he would not, that was obvious from her expression, but she still appeared uncertain what he would do.

As she should be, Kratos thought. There was a time when her presumption would have earned her death from me, no matter her intention. I remind myself now that Freya is my friend. I can think of no better ally than her. So her presumption must be excused. “The Monsters were nearby?”

“Yes. They got in before I could renew the Protection Stave. Do you know much about its magic?”

“Some things,” Kratos said after a moment, “but not enough. Fey tried to teach me the magic of Protection Staves, but never finished her lessons. Atreus and Mimir know such magic better than I.”

“I thought as much. I will have to teach you what I can. Later. Are you ... angry with me?”

Kratos let out a heavy grunt. “No,” he said after a pause. “But please ask me next time before you take such presumptive action.” He waved his hand and his spear disappeared. He had already sheathed his Axe.

“I apologize,” Freya sighed, putting away her drawn sword. She ran a hand through her hair and took a deep breath. “The Monsters were on me before I could reactivate the Stave. I renewed it after we dispatched the first group. I’m glad those Monsters could remind us we need each other.” She frowned. “There was also a raven flying away- Munin, one of Odin’s command ravens. I do not see Munin now.” She looked around nervously.

“Munin is Odin’s raven no longer,” Kratos informed her. “Atreus directs Munin and Hunin now.”

“Oh? His letter told you this? Good.” Freya nodded as Kratos grunted and looked around. “Your Stave was hard to charge from a distance, but I have expanded its magic now,” Freya said after making a series of gestures. “It now encloses the area around your home in a sphere with a four mil radius.” She translated that measurement when Kratos asked her and he grunted in reply. “We are safe, there are no other immediate threats. However, I do need to speak with you about something.”

Kratos looked around to make his own tally of threats, saw none, and then turned back to Freya. “Speak.”

“Let’s keep this between you and me,” Freya said, glancing at the hut. “I would prefer we not involve Mimir in this if not immediately necessary. It is good you left him inside. I have cast a spell of silence around us to prevent eavesdropping. Also, I have been told a ‘fanfic author’ is writing about us. Do you know what that means?”

“Hmph,” Kratos grunted, raising a thick eyebrow.

“I see,” said Freya, interpreting his grunt. “Your ‘main author’ CB talked about this author to you, I’m guessing. I’ve spoken to his agents as well, Snorri Sturluson in particular spoke to me about the author. He is to me what CB is to you. Do you know what all that means?”

Kratos grunted again.

“I’m already on the fanfic author’s side, I just need support from you and to provide further explanation of how it happened,” Freya said. “Do you understand?”

“Hmph,” grunted Kratos.

“Good. Let’s get to the main challenge then. You may want to sit down.” Freya directed him to a nearby log. She wiped some sweat from her brow with her sleeve, then sat down on the log herself.

Kratos sat down beside her as requested. He had a good amount of sweat on his biceps and other muscles, but he did not need to wipe that sweat at this moment. “Speak,” he said again when Freya seemed to have recovered her composure.

“I do not wish to arouse your anger,” Freya said carefully. “When I knew Thor, I taught him a mantra to use when making peace with enemies. There’s no magic in it, just appropriate words.” She frowned, nervous. “You seem like a calm and reasonable person. Are you a calm and reasonable person?”

Kratos grunted, recognizing the mantra. Thor had said it to him when they first spoke, a long time ago. That meeting had ended in bloodshed, as had their next meeting. He glanced towards a frozen lightning bolt visible on the horizon, remembering both events.

“Thor used those words when he first came to my home,” the God of War told Freya. “You should know. Atreus’ letter had details regarding Thor. Thor’s spirit survived Odin’s death blow. Thor is now a... ‘Higher Being’.”

“Yes, I know,” Freya said, smiling. “I spoke with Thor and Snorri moments ago. We call such beings as Thor’s new form ‘Angels’, among other things. Have you encountered them before?”

“Athena,” Kratos said after a pause. “A Goddess of War and Wisdom from my home Realm. She was my ally for a time. Then she died. Then her spirit became my ally again, and then my enemy. I have not seen her in...” He trailed off, grimacing. It had been many years. Was Athena still alive? Was she still his enemy? Could lesser beings like him be sure of anything concerning ‘Angels’?

“This Athena sounds like a possible ‘Fallen Angel’,” Freya said. “A very dangerous Higher Being. Does she have any power over you?”

“No,” Kratos said, remembering the last time he had seen Athena. Had her spirit been a hallucination then? Or was it real? He did not know. It did not matter. “I told Athena when I last saw her that I am her Monster no longer.”

“Good.” Freya looked nervous for a moment, then sighed heavily. “Thor is definitely not our enemy. He and I spoke while you were inside your home and I was out here. Angels can freeze time for communication. Thor and I had a long conversation, very difficult at first, but...” She sighed again. “Thor said there is a Higher God above Angels, a God whom he serves now. I had heard rumors of this God before, but ... Thor did not mention this ‘Athena’.”

“Do ‘Fallen Angels’ serve this Higher God?” Kratos asked.

“No. Angels have Free Will, as do nearly all beings their God created. Fallen Angels are in rebellion against the Higher God. There was one Fallen Angel in particular Thor mentioned who may be a future enemy for us. One of his names is ‘Adversary’. I...” Freya paused, waving her hands. “There is a lot to explain, Kratos. It is not all immediately necessary, or easy for me. Can you please let me direct this conversation?”

Kratos paused, then grunted, looking around. “Is this ‘Adversary’ threatening us immediately?”

“No. Thor did not think so, anyway. Adversary has various other Fallen Angels allied with him, and there are others that are not his allies, but no, none of them are threatening us either, not immediately. There is another matter we need to talk about.”

“Speak of it, please. I can ignore ... distractions.”

“Good.” Freya released another heavy breath. “How do I put this? Thor said I needed to cement an alliance with you for the future. He showed me that last Jotnar Prophecy you saw, the ‘path you never imagined’. Do you remember?”

“Yes.” Kratos did not add that several things about that Prophecy’s painting still bothered him. Why were so many mortals in the painting obviously respecting him, cheering for him? Why did so many of them look unfamiliar? What were the strange tablets and other objects so many of them held? A mortal named “Cory Barlog” was standing at his side, other mortals directing Kratos in his future. Mortal Instruments of Gods of Fate? Kratos wondered. Should I oppose their powers? Or are they Higher Beings I cannot defeat? Hmm. I will have to wait and see. Jotnar Prophecies have power I do not understand. I can only wait for them to develop. Could “CB” be Cory Bartog? Could he also be a boat captain like this author I am facing now? I do not know.

“The Higher God above the Angels gave the Jotnar their Prophecies,” Freya continued. “Thor said you and I are part of several possible future Prophecies from this God, though he could not provide many details. I asked, but ... there are more important matters. You ... you still owe me blood payment, Kratos.”

Kratos grimaced and grunted. “What? I thought I...” He had helped Freya regain her power and overthrow Odin, had he not? Was that not enough repayment for the death of her son Balder? He asked Freya this with a frown.

She shook her head, smiling. “You don’t know much about blood payment, do you?”

“I do not.”

“It was Tyr’s law, originally. He created the law as a method of peace between various tribes of mortals in our Realm, and a way to maintain that peace. There was much war before Tyr created the law. My brother modified it somewhat, as did I, as did Odin and various other powers in this realm. The Jotnar originally suggested this law to Tyr. Can you guess which God suggested it to the Jotnar?”

Kratos raised both his eyebrows. “Hmph.”

“Yes, you can. Good. Blood payment, as you know, is earned when a being in our Realm makes another being suffer. That being who suffers is called a victim. A victim can demand blood payment from any other being, including immortals like us. Blood payment may be unjust sometimes, any mortal or immortal authority may attempt to cancel it. However, ultimate cancellation of blood payment can be granted only by the judgement of the victims, and no being that earns blood payment can cancel the debt. No being is above blood payment, not even a Higher God.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.