Finding Her People in Another Multiverse Series 2 Book 2 - Cover

Finding Her People in Another Multiverse Series 2 Book 2

Copyright© 2023 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 3: It Begins

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 3: It Begins - Horti's team prepares to travel to the dying multiverse of her people. Saboteurs and traitors dog every step of their preparations. Frozen worlds rapidly losing power hang on desperately. Many have lost hope, and chaos reigns on some planets. They must first unify the two most prominent civilizations and then deal with kidnap, extortion, biological warfare, and rampant terrorism. The clock ticks down faster and faster to inevitable disaster.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Science Fiction  

Vivian passed around pieces of Horti’s favorite apple pie indulgently served with double thick cream on the top and a dollop of ice cream on the side. Horti’s friends ate the pie silently before sitting back. Sammy rubbed his stomach.

Vivian placed a chocolate cake with lighted candles on the table. Horti blew out the candles. The group cheered and sang happy birthday.

“Have you heard from the Azloc priestesses?” Aubrey asked.

“I received a message just before blowing out the candles. I have a funny feeling it could be the Azloc priestesses.” Horti looked at her slate.

“The priestesses want us to join them during the break; they will pick us up along with the group who will join us,” said Horti.

“Who is coming along?” Heather asked.

“Lisirra, a Zaos Empress and an intelligence specialist, Trackrof Graf from the Coven; Jiskassa Sabins, one of the senior Azloc Queens; Kalalal Ravengus, an Azayal Royal with training as an assassin in special forces; Griffexor Omulix a Gromelix, medical, Annjus Vaghund Drewek-Michelle another Empress an Uzliumbax, Emic Sondadar a Dinnion royal, Marcela Arsenia a Destroyer Priestess, Missmy Ssimon a Schlogg also medical, and Mystera Magnus of the Collective. The One, Monty, the leader of the Una, will meet us on the planet, along with Odalis Klohn, the Azloc Priestess.”

“That is an illustrious team,” said Vivian. “You have empresses and even a leader of a remarkable civilization.”

Horti nodded absently.

“Do we have any Ordreg, one of those four-armed humanoids, or any from the Empires of Cassius, Felix, or even the Warriors?” Aubrey asked.

“No, I had a message from our medical genetics super-brains to say our genes did not take in all those you selected, Horti. The doctors think the others may need to spend time with us and receive several injections. It’s not going to happen; we don’t have the time,” said Sammy. “We must get together and train.”

“You would think we are preparing for battle,” said Craig. “I suppose it is better to be over rather than underprepared and have an outstanding team at one’s side. My father is always prepared and has several contingency plans. He is also a great selector of outstanding people.”

“We met all of the group mentioned except Marcela Arsenia, the Destroyer priestess. She is a surprise. Do we know if Odalis intends to come along?” Heather asked.

“No, I don’t know if she will train us or come along. I know Jason was surprised Monty, the One, volunteered,” said Horti. “Not one of the people we interviewed turned us down. They all accepted the offer of our genes without hesitation.”

“It is a no-brainer,” said Charlie laughing. “No, that is not correct. I was happy to discover my brain is improving, and I have grown an extra brain annex! There is no downside. I learned runes easily and improved my magical skills. Women find me irresistible, and riches will soon start flowing my way. I get the game free and popcorn during breaks. What more can a person want? I will have a holiday in a different multiverse and lounge on a beach under a fading sun while chatting with a queen,” said Charlie.

“If the sun is fading, the beach will be freezing, and you won’t be lounging on any beach, boyo!” Said Aubrey.

“Charlie, did you love the rehabilitation after the restructure?” Sammy asked, grinning.

“I admit it was horrific, but it was worth getting this super body,” said Charlie. “I also got to meet a real live Grork; that was also fun. She did give me a bit of headache, but it was transient, and if I think about it, better a teensy migraine than die with a cooked brain.”

Horti rolled her eyes.

“The One, Monty was worried his avatar might not work in the multiverse. Do you know what he decided to do, Sammy?” Horti asked.

“Monty and his people resolved to give up their energy bodies and transition to humanoid forms. The Collective and the Dinnion are rebuilding his people. He chose a body with the same percentage of our genes as mine as the rest of the Una. The doctors reduced the time to ten days to build one of our bodies. Monty finished his rehabilitation a few days ago. He and the rebuilt Una are relocating to a Una planet which the Azayal moved from Bekta Delta,” said Sammy. “The Una in the Bekta Delta universe has a delicate body with wings. They have not yet decided to migrate to our bodies.”

“So, Horti, it is getting more real; what are your thoughts?” Charlie asked.

“I was enjoying myself on the farm. Craig and I were getting to know each other, and I had my head in the sand. I tried not to think about my huge responsibility. Part of me wants to enjoy life at home, but another part itches to get going. However, I appreciate how much you guys have helped me so far. I am terrified of going to a massive empire and going on a mission for which I am ill-equipped. I have a dream team, but we will be primitives in a truly ancient society. The worst part is that we know nothing about what we face and rely on information and direction from oracles and a game,” said Horti.

“Chak was of no help. I didn’t get a good feeling from her.”

“She was obstructive,” said Sammy.

“Chak was not how I remembered her.” Horti stuck her tongue to the side of her mouth and rolled her eyes. “I am not mature enough for all this responsibility. I am grateful I have a fine family, a solid well, connected prospective husband, and fine friends. You helped me so much last year. I couldn’t have a better family, partner, and friends,” said Horti.

“What about you, Craig?” Charlie asked. “What are your thoughts about the future?”

“Charlie, that is a question I have been asking myself daily. On Earth, I had a business and thought I was happy, and all I wanted to achieve by studying here was the same business but a more sophisticated version. After our first meeting, I met Horti and you guys and found myself in a whirlwind. We go for dinner in town and get attacked by a gang of students. I realized after that night Horti was pretty special, but I didn’t realize how special she was until I saw how she handled the police. My life has been constant drama since then,” said Craig.

“Your boys did pretty well,” said Heather.

“My sons constantly impress me; they learned much during their time with the bugs,” Craig added. “I was pretty freaked out when I heard what the oracles predicted and learned about your genes. I was envious of the extra brain you had. I discovered a burning desire to learn magic and realized my life had been as dull as ditchwater,” said Craig.

“Your dad had much the same experience as you did,” said Horti.

“Before the day of the fight, I never realized I was in a rut. I had a craving for something else, but I repressed the feeling. On fight night, I finally knew I was my father’s son. I wanted adventure and to do something beyond consulting and advising pleasant but boring clients. I want to do something significant!”

“Do you feel any different?” Sammy asked.

“This year, my perspective on life shifted radically. My relationship with my father improved enormously. My father used to send me packages of information and updates on what he was doing. I didn’t look at it until I had been here a while. I didn’t want anything to change my view of my father,” said Craig.

“What was your view of your father?” Heather asked. “I don’t know anything about it.”

“My father was my hero as a child, which is the case with many children. I liked and respected him in my early teens. He and my mother were close; she was a wonderfully warm, loyal, devoted mother and wife.” Craig rubbed his chin and frowned. “One day, I came home from school and passed his study. I heard him talking to a woman and arranging to meet her at her house. I couldn’t believe it. I wrote down the place and the time and cycled there at the appointed time. It is the first time I ever truanted.”

Craig sat and held his head, looking down at the table.

“So what happened?” Heather asked.

Craig looked up, brushing a wandering tear from his cheek.

“I saw Dad and a woman who was a close friend of my mother lying on a bed together. I walked up the drive with my bike, vomited behind the sandstone wall outside, and then slowly cycled back home. On the way home, a van nearly hit me when I went through a stop street. I hit the curb and scraped my knee.”

“Did you confront him?” Heather asked.

Craig shook his head. “I was upset for several weeks. I tried to speak to Lauren, my sister, but she said it was part of who we were and from where we came,” said Craig. “She told me it was a non-issue and that she and my mother knew what was happening and weren’t concerned. I thought she was mocking me.”

“Why was that?” Horti asked.

“Do you know I have never told anyone this story before?” Craig shook his head. “I will finish telling you what happened and then explain Lauren’s behavior. I got angry, and my rage remained on a low boil until this last year. It happened again. Some months after the previous assignation, I heard my father again arranging a liaison with another woman!”

“You thought your father was a serial womanizer?” Heather asked with eyebrows raised.

“Exactly, and he was hurting my mother and laughing behind her back,” Craig replied.

“Did you go and watch?” Aubrey asked.

“Yes, I went, but I only confirmed his car was at her house and then went back home. I was furious,” said Craig. “I couldn’t bear to see my father in bed with yet another woman.”

“What did you do?” Heather asked.

“I bottled it up and was icy cold to my father from fourteen until recently.”

“Did your mother ever find out?” Heather asked.

“When I was seventeen, during an argument with my mother, I blurted out my father was a womanizer.”

“How did she react?” Charlie asked.

“She smiled and replied, ‘That is why you hate your father. Now I understand. Your father is no womanizer, women fall for your father, but he doesn’t pursue them without my say-so. I arrange what your father does. Your grandparents and Lauren all know we have good reasons for doing as we do.’ She explained about the issues in the Empire,” said Craig. “I didn’t hear a word she said. I was confused and angry. I felt humiliated about the whole thing and never asked my mother to repeat the explanation.”

“What was it about?” Asked Aubrey.

“I thought my mother forgave his indiscretions after other women seduced him. I do remember a few very odd conversations we had over dinner. My mother talked about the women I had seen my father meet, their pregnancies, and their children. She remained close friends with them and fussed over their children. I was freaked out by her behavior and confused. I remember Lauren looking at me oddly and smiling. That only added to the confusion,” Craig explained.

“What happened after that?” Asked Heather. “What did you think was going on?”

“I wanted to get away as soon as I could. I liked computers, and so did Lauren. After finishing university, my father was the only person prepared to employ me. Lauren was working for him and loved it. I looked around for several months but reluctantly accepted a job working with him while applying for jobs in America. I loved the work in the company, and my father was an excellent boss, but I struggled to stomach being with him for the two years it took to find something in the States.”

“So you did nothing and resented him,” said Sammy.

“Dad hates to be the day-to-day leader and administrator. He gave the company to Lauren to run and stepped back. She grew the company and moved internationally. She and I partnered on many projects, but I nurtured my anger toward the old man. I am ashamed to admit I was pleased to hear he was in trouble with the police and had a heart attack after my mother’s suicide,” said Craig.

“What did Sean and Harry think of him?” Heather asked.

“They loved him and spent time with him when they could. He arranged for them to study in the Collective. I went to the ship to take advantage of the medical pods. I refused his offer to train elsewhere until I realized I had no future if I didn’t. I received regular updates from him, learning machines, and even a simulator. I had several invitations to visit from my great Uncle Cassius and Aunt Alana and my father and his wives. Philippa spoke to me regularly. I liked her very much. I finally visited Gromelikine. I was blown away but never admitted it.”

“Did anyone pick up on what was happening?” Asked Heather.

“I think the empresses knew something about my attitude; none spoke to me until Ooryphyon, the Teokraeus confronted me about my father. She was gentle, but I wasn’t listening. I was an idiot because I later realized my grandparents had explained it all to me, but it wasn’t real until I came here and did anthropology; it clarified the issues,” said Craig. “When I saw the ratio of females to males, it rammed the fundamental issue home. The behavior of women further reinforced what I had denied.”

“What do you mean?” Heather asked.

“On campus and in the city, I could see many women and only an occasional man. The Dinnion men complain about the women never leaving them alone and demanding they father children. Anthropology classes reminded me of the unequal ratio of women to men in many societies, including the Cassius Empire, where we were originally from. I used to hear stories of the Empire incessantly from my grandparents. They used to joke when I was in my teens that in the Empire, women would chase me as the men were infertile and there were more women than men. I remember my grandmother telling me the women were not jealous as many women wanted children, and many men were infertile. If they didn’t share the men who could father children, they would have slowly died out,” explained Craig.

“Did your grandparents explain your parents’ behavior?” Heather asked.

“Yes, directly several times. I remember my grandmothers’ explained the people of Empire origin stuck together and intermarried on Earth. It was their duty to have children and keep the numbers up. They spelled out the women helped their friends who had infertile husbands to become pregnant.”

“Why didn’t you click?” Aubrey asked.

“I didn’t think about my parents as being of the Empire. I was born on Earth, and the Empire was a mythical place, and that mythical place had abandoned us. No, that is only a tiny part of it. I wanted to nurture my resentment. I didn’t want to hear anything contradicting my ill-formed grudge against my father,” Craig reflected.

“I understand that,” said Sammy.

“After Gromelikine, everything became real. I even visited Emperor Cassius and Aunt Alana. I knew my days on Earth were numbered, but I used my grudge against my father as my excuse to stay home. Once the boys left, I realized my wife was a foreign woman I hardly knew and whose attitudes and beliefs I detested. As the restructuring of Earth began in earnest, I knew my business was about to become moribund, and I must leave. The marriage ended unpleasantly,” explained Craig.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.