Finding Her People in Another Multiverse Series 2 Book 2 - Cover

Finding Her People in Another Multiverse Series 2 Book 2

Copyright© 2023 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 11: The Challenge

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 11: The Challenge - Horti's team prepares to travel to the dying multiverse of her people. Saboteurs and traitors dog every step of their preparations. Frozen worlds rapidly losing power hang on desperately. Many have lost hope, and chaos reigns on some planets. They must first unify the two most prominent civilizations and then deal with kidnap, extortion, biological warfare, and rampant terrorism. The clock ticks down faster and faster to inevitable disaster.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Science Fiction  

“This has been quite a day. I enjoyed the conversation with the queens at the table. They are interesting people. Strangely, the worker drones all sit together and talk amongst themselves. It is a stratified society,” said Horti. “Jiskassa, are you guys the same?”

“We are similar. I think of them as workers. They are as able as we are but obey the queen’s orders. I strolled over to talk to the Colza workers. From what I can see, the workers play the same role as ours in Nasta 9. Horti, we are a highly stratified civilization. The queens are ranked as our workers. We prize queens who produce a higher ratio of queens of better quality. It was awkward when I approached the workers; they assumed I was trying to get them to do some work for us. How was your food, Horti?” Jiskassa asked.

“It was bland but palatable. Did you see the old patrol look in and then move on? I am sure the Queens we were talking to knew we were contestants. They spoke slowly as if we were country bumpkins. It was good of them to suggest we sit out of sight behind a wall,” said Horti. “I am sure I felt and even heard the ground moving. We need to check the directions in the morning. The old patrols take it seriously, but I suspect the rest help the challengers.”

“I spoke to a king next to me. He was pretty small, as were the other kings. He said there are continuous challenges during Yensk, but not during this time of the year. They love them. He told me several useful pieces of information I thought were interesting. They rotate the tunnels clockwise and turn you away from the brood chamber. It would be best if we took left turns to compensate,” said Craig. “They can only turn the tunnels once daily and turn them no more than twenty degrees. Several contestants got to the brood chamber in a couple of days but were too tired to get to the queen. The more we socialize with non-patrol groups, the more help we get, even with tunneling. He then shut up and wouldn’t talk about the contest. He warmed up again when I told him about our universe when he asked.”

“I got our mentor to admit they expect all contestants to demonstrate tunneling expertise. Yes, we can get help. Invading queens used the available Colza to help them. You must act as if you are recruiting a working party,” said Emic.


“Move closer, Craig. It is cold here,” said Horti climbing out of the hammock. “Hell’s teeth, this damn hammock is uncomfortable. Climb out, and I will smooth it out.”

Craig wearily climbed out on his side. “Yes, m’dear.”

“Tomorrow, I will prepare the hammock. This one was all lumpy. It would help if you let the silk out smoothly,” said Horti.

Horti climbed back onto the hammock after Craig. She moved restlessly.

“I am too hyped up to sleep; tell me a bit about yourself as a child, Craig.”

“Lauren was a mean older sister who behaved more officiously than my mother. My mother was a professor and often came home late. She was absent-minded and didn’t notice the passage of time,” said Craig.

“What about your grandparents?”

“My grandparents often told us stories about the Empire. To me, they were myths and legends, never real. My father was home promptly, a few minutes before 6. The grandparents usually cooked, and we ate well. My mother had little interest in cooking but was loving and warm. Dad cooked when he could. He was an excellent cook and loved food. I remember cooking with him on many occasions,” said Craig.

“What was Jason like as a father?” Horti asked.

“Dad was a great father until I gave him the cold shoulder. Even then, he tried and didn’t give up. Dad had nightmares of the Vietnam War. Sometimes they were every night and then not for years. The grandparents lived nearby, and they were around us a lot. They took us to sports and arranged all kinds of activities for us. Dad was warm and a genuinely decent person. When I turned against him in my teens, he was tolerant and was never mean. Both parents expected a lot of us, as did the grandparents. We always tried to do our best at everything. I was busy with music, piano, then guitar. I played football, tennis, squash, and cricket. I acted in school plays and competed in debates. Tell me about you, Horti.”

“I will tell you about me tomorrow; I am suddenly exhausted and must sleep. Make sure your learning goodie is on. We have a long day tomorrow,” said Horti and fell asleep.


Horti woke and felt refreshed but stiff and sore.

Craig had climbed out of the hammock and was getting everything ready. “Let’s do everything the Colza do. I got the directions to the gym last night,” said Craig. “The others will be outside in two minutes. Lisirra grumbled about going to the gym, but Annjus got her moving. Everyone was aching after all the walking and climbing yesterday. The more normal stuff we do, the less likely patrols will notice us.”

They went to the gym for a workout. It was much like the one they had trained in.

“Your sparring standard is not bad, but we modified our techniques in the last few million years. I identified your learning machine codes. I will update your training so you don’t stick out like a cracked claw. I also noticed your marching in the passageway. The movement of your front legs and the rear echelon is also dated. I will show you how to move more convincingly. We will make Colza of you yet,” said the instructor Queen. “I admire your pluck. The tunnels rotated anti-clockwise for the first time. Don’t take the first left under any circumstances. It will lead you to a dead end. Take the second and go no more than a kilometer, or you will go too far.”

She drilled the group until they marched when they finished sparring, as did the other Colza patrols and work teams.

“What is your cover story?” The sparring instructor asked.

Horti told her.

“No, that won’t work. We abandoned Vitus half a million years ago. It was when we consolidated our planets. It has long since gone into the digestive tubule of the black hole. Say you came from Brion S5. Nobody expects a lot from them, and no invading queen would ever admit to having come from Brion S5. Be polite with patrols. Invading queens who were arrogant and self-promoting revealed themselves. Have a good breakfast, and may you overcome the challenge; you have come a long way.”

“The king we met last night told us the tunnels rotated clockwise,” said Lisirra.

“Everyone who helps you must give you one false fact. Check everything anyone tells you.”

“What way did I tell you the tunnels rotated?”

“Anti-clockwise,” said Annjus, “but you did say turn left, and it is a dead end, so they must rotate clockwise.”

She waved them out, sending delighted biosignals.

“Odalis, I suspect this section also rotated. I noticed a subtle shift,” said Horti.

Horti smelled Zhan, who was pleased Horti had noticed the move. They turned left at the second turn.

“I smell food; I am famished,” said Kalalal. “I noticed at breakfast several people using a magic recharge point. We must keep our reserves full. Even the pipes don’t have a lot of power. Nearly all the service stations in the passages are not operating. They have lots of portals, but none are operational. I don’t think they switched them off to frustrate us, either. They are dusty and unused.”

Horti nodded and pointed to the canteen opening, pulling to the right so the others felt her. “Here is the canteen; I am also famished.”

Several queens and two small kings joined them after fetching food and drinks.

“You are doing very well,” said the most potent-looking Queen. She was half Horti’s size. Most Colza were smaller than Horti. The kings were a third to half of Craig’s size. Most were a third of his size.

“Thank you, we are enjoying the trip so far very much,” said Horti. “We have met many wonderful Colza.”

Horti noticed a queen on the other side of the canteen stand and walked jerkily toward them. Horti nudged Aubrey. They stood together and created a double bubble around the queen.”

“We have her in a magic bubble. Call security and tell them she is under the influence of an abnormal crystal,” said Horti loudly enough to be heard throughout the canteen. “She was coming our way to assassinate our group. I am sure you noticed her jerky movements.”

Horti turned to Zhan. “Should we leave before they arrive?”

“No, Horti, you are not in danger. A modern patrol will be here shortly and will take her away.”

A patrol arrived moments later. Horti explained to the startled guards about assassins and abnormal crystals. They looked uncertain and disbelieving until Zhan identified herself, commanded them to take action, and told them precisely what she wanted to be done. Aubrey released the bubbles, and the guards took the confused-looking Colza away.

There was a stir in the canteen until Horti stood and explained what happened on the other side and the kidnap of Chak. Craig then explained what he knew about telepathic and crystal assassins. Many queens joined them at their table.

“How is your universe?”

“It is young and has plenty of resources. The Colza there are happy and flourishing. They send best wishes to you all. They trained us as best they could. They are ready to build the gates when we can get the Enphaet engineers and scientists to provide the plans,” said Jiskassa.

“How did you know who we are? You knew so quickly.” Annjus asked curiously.

“Our real security tracks you to the millimeter, and we all tap in to observe your progress. How did you disguise yourselves so well?”

“Several of us are Colza, and I am a closely related species to you in the other universe. One of us is a slug; I will send you a picture; we have another type of insect and a creature called a dragon. We can all change into another body in an instant. My Colza form is stored in transdim space when I use another body. Nearly all of our Empire can change shapes and bodies at will. It reduces interspecies tension.” Jiskassa sent an image of the slug, Missmy and the Gromelix Griffexor. She also showed Mystera’s insect form.

“It is a simple idea, but we didn’t consider it. We are not as advanced as we thought.”

“We brought supplies to add to your power reserves. To whom shall we give them?” Horti asked. “Our mentor cannot say.”

“You are speaking to a power engineer. Please give it to us. We are in desperate need of fuel. The fungus no longer grows anywhere.”

Horti and the others unloaded their supplies and pulled several transdim packages of mushroom extract from the bags they carried over their back, one on each side like saddle bags.

The engineer opened one bag.

“This is wonderful. Your contribution is enough to keep us warm and power half our fleet. Most of our fuel goes to the shields and repulsers that keep us from the hunger of the black hole.”

Horti smelled that she was overcome with gratitude. Several others joined them and slapped them across their back legs in appreciation.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.