Traitor: The Old Man and the Priest's Betrayal Book 1 Series 1 - Cover

Traitor: The Old Man and the Priest's Betrayal Book 1 Series 1

Copyright© 2023 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 30: Nirvana

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 30: Nirvana - Jason Kargo is falsely accused of his wife's murder, but fate has other plans for him. His aunt, the Empress of a distant Empire, invites him to join her and his grandfather in an alien society. The Empire boasts advancements in artificial intelligence, education, and health technology, but a sinister traitor plots to destabilize it. Jason embarks on an exhilarating journey through the stars to protect the Empire he loves. Ver 2 in the Warlord and Multiverse, Series 1. Version 2 2023

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fiction   Science Fiction  

“The search for Nirvana, like the search for Utopia or the end of history or the classless society, is ultimately a futile and dangerous one. It involves, if it does not necessitate, the sleep of reason. There is no escape from anxiety and struggle.”

―Christopher Hitchens, Love, Poverty, and War: Journeys and Essays

Andrea hid the fleet behind a gas giant in Nirvana’s solar system. They were close to Nirvana.

Linda, Matilda MacArthur, Janet Malone, and Celia organized the teams to assault the compound and capture Papa Zora.

Jason spent the day with the cyber-warfare group, AI specialists, and the communications team. He learned how easy it was to program and debug in the Empire. Jason didn’t need an interface to the AI, as did the others. He defined the program in his mind, and the AI produced a model. He revised the model on the hologram, and the AI developed the program. Previously, he had worked with AI at too low and laborious a level.

“Jason, we built more sophisticated versions of your viruses. We will introduce them with ours to disrupt the civil systems and the defense of Nirvana,” said Chief Adams. “We gained access to the wave-nets from inside the compound through an administrative AI used by a secretary. Before the attack, we’ll cause havoc. Your methods help us add precious minutes of computer disruption. We’ll also block all inward and outward communication. We’ll start our cyber warfare attack after our covert group attacks the compound from within. I want to avoid alerting the priests.”

Jason returned to the large conference facility next to the bridge. Two million troops, along with Marine AIs, assembled in the hangars.

“Andrea, I think Papa Zora will escape along with many other shuttles. They will go around the planet and try to escape. I’d like us to move the fleet to straddle the planet, so we can trap him. Can we destroy the shuttle engines, then grab him?” Asked Jason.

“Jason, dear, we’ve done that and more. No one will escape the planet. We are yours to command or before you command. When we know how your devious mind thinks, we’ll do what you might want long before you think it,” said Linda, giggling.

“We’ll deploy troops to the cities to find the senior priests. We’ll take control of the cities quickly. We will shut down rather than destroy the planetary defenses,” said Celia.

“Peter Kane and Morgan James will switch off the planet’s defenses. We’ll deploy our fighters to support our ground operations. They don’t have enough fighters and gunships to slow us down. The assault gunships that Morgan James gave us are powerful weapons platforms; I will be interested to see how they work in practice,” said Andrea.

“We renamed the human tanks Mech Warriors,” said Celia, “or as most call them, the Mechs.” We intend to deploy them in the compound and use them to terrify the reinforcing troops.”

“When we attack, we’ll broadcast there’s a curfew as we are protecting the planet against an enemy attack. Anyone on the streets will be at risk of being injured. We’ll warn the planet that the enemy will shoot down anyone who attempts to escape Nirvana,” said Linda.

“We’ll jump the fleet around the planet to cover all escape paths. Even if we search every space on every ship, we will find Papa Zora. Our sophisticated equipment will pick him up,” said Felicia confidently.

“Now, Jason darling, sit back, relax, or rub my shoulders and observe. Watch your women do your bidding,” said Linda, giving Jason a quick kiss. “We sent the secret code to your aunt,” she laughed. “She’s your family, Jason, and I must do as you wish, not what I’d have liked to do. It’s always your family, dear. What do you ever do for my family?” Asked Linda as she watched Jason’s startled expression. She smiled, and they both laughed.

Jason raised his eyebrows. “My darling, you have a war to run; please take it more seriously and leave my family out of it. You might upset my aunt if she knows your feelings about her!”

Linda saluted him and turned back to her War AI. She smiled at Andrea, who was listening to them. Andrea saluted Jason, her fist to her chest; the seated salute?

“Yes, Sir,” they said together.

“The first Empire Marine transports are lifting off and toward the Empire fleet. Your aunt is a champ. It’s a high-speed evacuation, much like we use when one Army replaces another on the field. They leave their bases and areas in a checkerboard pattern, and we occupy the empty squares. Those on the planet are not aware anything has changed. It’s a simple way to invade Nirvana.”


Capt. Jock McPherson and his team had rehearsed their role for a week. His covert special operations team was ready to deploy. They entered the compound in cloaked shuttles and occupied the Temple of Paradise’s unused rooms. The public visitors’ section where they entered was sparsely furnished. His Eminence had twenty-five plush suites for guests. His quarters and those of his cardinals were opulently furnished. Papa Zora had large ballrooms, multiple dining rooms of different sizes, libraries, conference facilities, and meeting rooms. There were many cozy nooks with comfortable chairs where groups could relax and enjoy themselves.

The covert units used sophisticated electronics and holographic projectors to obscure the hiding places. They explored the entrances to the escape routes and found them booby-trapped and inaccessible. Spy drones confirmed the locations of the cardinals. Twelve guards accompanied Papa Zora everywhere.

At 04:30, Jock McPherson instructed the units to commence the attack and notified Gen. Celia McPherson, who deployed reinforcements and assaulted the garrisons.

The three special force units split up to cover twelve rooms as explosions rocked the close garrison and the garrison slightly further away but within a hardened fort.

The doors were all but one, unlocked. The troops burst into the rooms, capturing most of Papa Zora’s senior group feasting together on a ‘fast day.’ The final door resisted the initial explosives.

A special forces group caught the last member of Zora’s inner circle halfway down a hidden corridor.

Three units raced toward Papa Zora’s chambers. The sergeant running slightly ahead of the lieutenant, tripped a concealed sensor that triggered an alarm. The alarm was silent, but within seconds, the cyber warfare group heard increased activity from within the palace and warned the troops within. They ran faster.

An alarm blared. The special forces’ stealth boots softly striking the floor were lost in the noise.

Papa Zora’s chamber was around a dog leg from the corridor. The first two Marine AIs were faster than the other Marines. They ran ahead and around the corner. The pair took fire from eight guards standing in doorways. The AIs zig-zagged into cover in a doorway and shot five before the Marines behind them took out the remainder. One of the Marine AIs was severely damaged. The other continued with the platoon.

They used three times the usual explosive charges to blast the armored door, then took fire from four bodyguards. Papa Zora was nowhere to be seen. After neutralizing the guards, they found another locked reinforced door hidden behind a hologram. The triple blast failed to open the door. The Lieutenant communicated the situation to the Captain.

“Captain, Papa Zora got away, and our explosives barely scratched the door. It sounds thick and heavy. Papa Zora got away,”

Papa Zora managed to buy enough time to escape!

Capt. McPherson heard the muffled sounds of assault frigate engines, fully loaded with tanks, Mechs, Marine AIs, and Marines.

They established a perimeter and progressively added troops, antitank, and anti-fighter cannons and missiles. The special forces group sent the captives to the fleet and remained behind. Gunships destroyed the defenses. Hundreds of enemy soldiers escaped the damaged garrisons through underground passageways and linked up with others returning from leave in the city. Zora’s troops, armed with tanks, launched a counterattack. Enemy tanks and gunships loaded with troops joined them from outside the city.

The ships’ fighters patrolled overhead.

Swarms of enemy fighters emerged from hidden underground fighter bases; several pitched dogfights commenced over the city. Enemy gunships joined the fighters and covered the ground counterattack. Celia hit the previously hidden facilities with transdim missiles. Felicia reinforced the fighters, ground assault frigates, and gunships.

“The priests had far more troops than we discovered. They are doing their best to mess up our day,” said Celia. “Linda, do you think I should send more troops?”

“We want to give our people as much experience as possible and see how we work with the AI Marines. You should be fine, but let’s deploy more than we need.”

Celia grinned. “That is a good idea. I’ll send assault crates and give them atmospheric cover, gunships, and tanks. They haven’t revealed their deep bunkers. We’ll force them to play their hand.”

“We have missiles incoming and masses of fighters accompanying bombers speeding our way. Our frigates and destroyers are racing to intercept them. I am launching more fighters from our carriers,” said Felicia.

“I am expecting more surprises,” said Jason.

“Oh no, not one of your dreaded predictions!” Exclaimed Linda. “Celia and Felicia, beware of his predictions.”

“Are they accurate?” Asked Celia.

“Yes, he is accurate. Jason knows a few minutes ahead if something else will happen,” said Andrea. “Watch your sensors and make sure your guys are alert. Something will happen.”

Felicia warned the reserves and placed the fleet on alert. Felicia sent out scout drones and fighters.

There were dogfights all around the fleet. Several missiles hit a frigate, severely damaging it. Seconds later, a torpedo hit a destroyer and triggered a series of explosions.

“We’ve knocked out most of the incoming missiles,” said Felicia. She enlarged the central hologram and pointed—”That looks like an incoming fleet. Could it be more clones, the Mob attacking, or Papa Zora had more reinforcements we didn’t know about?”

“That is a substantial fleet, and I put my money on it being a Mob fleet. It’s a quarter the size they will need to take the planets. The AI will identify it shortly,” said Jason. “The Mob launched their attack here, knowing the planet was not well defended, and they will create a distraction while the bigger assault fleets assemble and prepare to attack elsewhere in the Empire. I suspect the Mob didn’t trust Papa Zora more than he trusted them. The priests didn’t want the Mob to stab them in the back, and the Mob thought the same but acted ahead of the priests.”

“I am reinforcing the cities preparing for a ground assault by the Mob,” said Celia.

“The priests’ fighters are turning back. They know what is incoming,” said Felicia. “Jason, you are correct. They are a Mob fleet and debarking fighters, bombers, and assault gunships in droves.”

“I want them to believe what they see here is our fleet. They will think they are facing a fleet smaller than themselves. Once they engage, I’ll bring in our reserves. Andrea, could you look out for Papa Zora while I concentrate on this battle?”

Celia looked at the holograms of the ground conflict. “The priests are loading troops and pulling back to reinforced bunkers. I’ll hit them with transdim missiles when they are all inside. We are on a tight timeline to get the hostages out before we engage with the Mob.”


A thousand Marines searched the estate and the compound, winkling out servants and lower-level functionaries but few senior priests.


The priests tightly guarded the hostages’ prison near the city’s center. Guards stood on duty and patrolled outside. The gaol designers fortified the entrance and placed guns and missiles in holes in the wall, on the roof, and on nearby buildings across the cobbled square. It was a large underground facility that extended for a kilometer under the city. The priests staffed it with correctional officers and four platoons of troops. Heavy doors and gates separated different sections of the prison. Defensive emplacements overlooked the open areas. The inside of the prison was designed to repel a much larger force than the defenders. The defenders had barriers for cover and several nooks along the walls where they installed heavier weapons. It was a daunting underground fort.

Col. Janet Malone commanded the assault on the hostage facility.

Intense cannon fire and missiles met the tanks and Mechs that converged on the entrance. The priests disabled the vanguard. Marines rappelled from the roof to reach the well-protected rapid-fire cannon and missile emplacement. The priests shot them down from the buildings opposite. Janet called down two missile gunships to hit the emplacements. Hidden ports on the roof opened and shot down the attackers.

A second missile ship hit the targets from a distance but sustained damage. Janet called for a heavier aerial strike.

Felicia sent two assault frigates supported by a destroyer to neutralize the prison’s defenses. The destroyer used its cannons on the prison roof and the nearby buildings, then the frigates approached and continued firing until they silenced the defenses. Both frigates sustained damage but breached the prison entry before returning to the carrier.

The Marines blasted their way in. Small Mechs led the way into the facility, tearing aside blocks of mescrete obstructing progress. They fought a pitched battle as they moved down passageways and moved down levels. The attack triggered a lockdown which kept the hostages in their rooms. This protected them from the guards who were killing hostages. Janet sent hundreds of Mechs to prevent the Marines from being massacred by the heavy weapons emplacements on every wall.

The Mechs and Marines slowly fought their way into and through the prison. The enemy fanatically defended the facility. Celia informed Janet about an impending Mob ground assault and poured in reinforcements and more Mechs to rapidly subdue the prison and rescue the hostages.

The Mechs supported Marines blasting open heavy reinforced doors. Enemy cannons covered every corridor and passageway. The enemy cannons damaged twenty-three Mechs before the Mechs and Marines disabled them. Janet’s troops faced enemy fire from behind protected emplacements at every junction.

The AI Marines were first to the control room, a Mech close behind them. The Mech blasted open the door, and the AI Marines rushed in. They were heavily outnumbered but not outgunned. The first fell under heavy fire, but more Mechs, Marines, and AI marines joined them. The cyber warfare group joined them to shut down the defenses and find the remaining resistance.

In a remote prison section, guards attempted to extract hostages from the cells. They lined up seven high-value hostages and opened an escape door in the rear. Troops raced to intercept them but were too late. The door was as thick as that on a bank vault.

“Colonel, we’ve located the exit on the outside,” said a lieutenant, sending the map to Janet.

The troops and Mechs finally blasted open the cleverly hidden escape door to chase the group while Janet cut off their escape.


A half-an-hour later, Janet called the ship. “Celia, we would have had horrifying casualties without the Mechs and AI marines. The priests built this place like a fortress. I’ve never seen a similar prison anywhere in the Empire. Even so, we sustained heavy casualties,” said Janet. “We’re sending the injured back along with the damaged Mechs and AI Marines.”

“Janet has taken the prison and rescued the hostages,” said Celia. “It was a nightmare of a battle,”—Celia showed a speeded-up version of a collection of holovids from different perspectives—”we have hundreds of injured Marines, a similar number of damaged AI marines, and eighty-seven wrecked Mechs. She is restoring power to the building to get the hostages out. She believes she will get them out before the Mob hits the ground. Janet’s snipers saved seven hostages from a group of guards who removed them through an escape tunnel leading to a high-speed train.”

Peter Kane was delighted to reunite with his wife and son two and a half hours after the assault began. His wife and son were amongst the hostages being extracted.


The engineers drilled into the door and used heavier explosives to open the reinforced door to Zora’s escape passageway. The explosion triggered the tunnel behind to collapse. The engineers sent in drones to clear the tunnel. A probe triggered another explosion that once more collapsed the tunnel. Telepathic Marines searched for the location of Papa Zora underground. They identified him, a clone, four pilots, and the remainder of his bodyguards five kilometers away. He was moving. The engineers attempted to clear the obstructions to catch up with him.

“Patriarch Zora is in an undocumented escape tunnel, and we cannot reach him,” said the major.

The major ordered the Marine telepaths to attack Papa Zora to slow him down. Papa Zora was a powerful telepath, as was his clone and one of the guards. Papa Zora and his small group counterattacked and severely injured nine Marine strike telepaths and disappeared.

The ships monitored all the known exits. Fighter aircraft and Mech Warriors blanketed the area.

Fifty fighters and ten gunships exploded out of hidden bunkers. The gunships split up, each with five fighters. Dogfights began in earnest. Two sleek shuttles emerged from the far end of the lake, escorted by gunships and more fighters. The enemy fighters and gunships escorted the shuttles as they accelerated into the upper atmosphere. Mechs raced from below, supporting the fighters chasing the escapees. The shuttles darted around the planet to avoid the concentration of ships above, then accelerated to distance themselves from pursuit.

“Incapacitate those ships, now!” Andrea commanded.

Zora’s fighter escorts exploded when hit by the firestorm from the vessels above and fighters waiting in ambush. The shuttles evaded the first missiles using countermeasures and antimissile cannons. They again changed direction to distance themselves from the ships. The shuttles bobbed and weaved.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.