Traitor: The Old Man and the Priest's Betrayal Book 1 Series 1 - Cover

Traitor: The Old Man and the Priest's Betrayal Book 1 Series 1

Copyright© 2023 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 28: Fort Sentinel - The Boneyard

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 28: Fort Sentinel - The Boneyard - Jason Kargo is falsely accused of his wife's murder, but fate has other plans for him. His aunt, the Empress of a distant Empire, invites him to join her and his grandfather in an alien society. The Empire boasts advancements in artificial intelligence, education, and health technology, but a sinister traitor plots to destabilize it. Jason embarks on an exhilarating journey through the stars to protect the Empire he loves. Ver 2 in the Warlord and Multiverse, Series 1. Version 2 2023

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fiction   Science Fiction  

“Ohmigod! This place is so cool!” This was Tracy, who was sashaying into the warehouse, looking around like she just hit the candy garden with a chocolate stream at Willy Wonka’s.

—Kristen Ashley, Mystery Man.

Jason’s fleets moored at the colossal space dock. It was one of seven surrounding the planet. Enormous as the ships were, the port infrastructure dwarfed them. Jason had never seen such a colossal structure. It dwarfed the one on Porquenta. The docks supplied and serviced tens of thousands of vessels mothballed in orbit around the planet or parked in groups nearby. Warehouses covered the surface of the planet. The Empire filled the warehouses with every weapon produced in the Empire. A fleet patrolled nearby, and the planet-based defenses were formidable. Multiple layers of space-based armament platforms bristling with projectiles and guns protected the atmosphere and beyond. Two reserve fleets patrolled between the warehouse worlds.

“Jason, do you want to see any specific weapons types?” Morgan asked.

“Morgan, I have some ideas about what I’m looking for, but I am always open to being inspired. I’ve noticed that the simulations have hardly changed over thousands of years. The weapons improved, but I saw no new categories of weapons. Why is that?” Jason asked. “If the enemy has been studying the Empire and our tactics, we need radically new ideas and concepts, or they will know exactly what to expect.”

“Jason, I can’t agree with you more. Many share your concerns. You and your wonderful ladies would love to see what we have in those warehouses. Something unexpected will inspire you, and I’d like to show you some of my favorite unused weapons systems. I’m also sure you’ve got things that would be on your imaginary wish list,” said Morgan, grinning and rubbing his hands together.

Jason nodded. “I have some ideas I would like to pursue. Morgan, did you contact our cousin?”

“I contacted Bertie, and he’s setting up a meeting with the Empress. Bertie had an appointment to talk to her about some new courses they planned to set up. When I told him I met you, he was curious about you and what we wanted to discuss. He is also worried about your grandfather.”

“What did you tell him?” Jason asked.

“I told him we would reveal everything, and he would know much more after meeting with the Empress. Bertie is a well-regarded General, Jason, and a fine man. He’s a War College professor specializing in Gunship and Tank Warfare. He fought in both Mob wars, and most see him as a fine officer and gentleman. I’ve worked with him on many occasions. He is trustworthy.”

Gen. Morgan James flew Jason, the flag, and general officers, with their staff to the surface in a four-hundred-and-fifty-seat gunship. “There’s a lot of exciting and esoteric equipment we stored here that no one used. Generals and admirals commissioned equipment and moved on. Many of our admirals and generals resist new ideas. We have many conservative risk aversive senior officers in charge of our military,” said Morgan.

“Why are they like that?” Jason asked.

“Most of our senior flag officers are hopeless because they nitpick and criticize each other,” said Peter. “In peacetime, the issues are trivial, and they argue about minor decisions. Morgan, how many general officers have visited your facilities?”

“I’ve never conducted a tour for anyone above the rank of captain in the Navy or colonel in the military. We keep the equipment in perfect order and can show any piece. No one before you and your group have been interested in looking at what we have. You will surprise me if you don’t find many weapons that interest you.”

“You’ve certainly whet my appetite,” said Jason.

“If we can find something we can use, how do we requisition it?” Asked Linda.

“You can take as much of anything that appeals to you as you wish. You can order more supplies, and we can ship them. Look to your left. You can see a thousand giant cargo transporters. There’s so much here that will otherwise sit unused. I’ve five such planets under my command, so don’t be shy. I can get it elsewhere if you want more of something, and we don’t have it.”

“Morgan, are you ready to mobilize your fleets, and how long will it take?” Asked Andrea.

“The space docks can prepare five fleets per week for action. I’m preparing my staff for a fast response to The Mob, and I suggest you load your fleet to capacity, so you can move on the Mob when they attack. The Empire will mobilize the reserve fleets when The Mob attacks. I can hide your acquisitions if needed, but I doubt we’ll need to resort to deception. They will beg for our help, and our yard supplying you won’t be an issue. The boneyard is a repository of equipment for forces to prepare for various conflicts. I hope you find unexpected and irresistible temptations so I can clear some space. There’s enough equipment here to supply fifty fleets and keep them in the field for a hundred years.”

“Will the Empire mobilize fast enough?” Asked Celia.

“The Empire will be ready earlier than The Mob expects. In peacetime, the Navy shrinks to a shadow of its wartime self, but many fleets are ready for action, and we can call up massive reserves. The Empire is enormous. There are large fleets that protect planets—other fleets patrol to keep the Empire safe from pirates and serve as a first-reaction force. I’ll do all I can to get things going. Internal sabotage is alive and well and will slow things down. During the last Mob war, many enemy agents acted against us. No doubt we will find the same once again.”

“Peter, how do you think the conversation will go with the Empress?” Matilda asked.

“The Empress will require you to present your argument persuasively and cogently,” said Adm. Peter Kane. “She must be inordinately careful about how she’s seen to act, as her views on the Patriarch are so well known.”

“Jason has already met her and briefed her on the priests. He also sent her a package of supporting information,” said Connie

“Confirm she received your information, and then I’ll tell her what happened to my son. We then warn her in the bleakest of terms about the impending attacks. We will tell her about the problems. Jason, don’t lead her by the nose to any solutions. Let her steam about it first,” said Peter.

“Does she scare you, Peter?” Asked Morgan, grinning broadly.

“I’m scared to death of that woman. I heard her take apart piece by piece one of my intelligence staff, a colonel if I’m not mistaken, after she delivered an economic analysis of the industrial capacity of the Norvast. Your aunt, amongst other things, is a renowned mathematical economist and lectures at the university,” said Peter.

“Peter, who or what are the Norvast?” Asked Jason.

“Jason, the Norvast live in our galaxy and control a remote criminal Empire they call a conglomerate. We traded with them and had conflicts over a border and some of their activities. They are prickly people. The Norvast comprises criminal organizations, but despite their criminal activities, they educate the population, have developed a sophisticated manufacturing industry, and make superb AIs. They were smuggling illicit substances into the Empire and were behind pirate attacks on our ships. The situation was tense, and a major conflict was brewing. They constantly export their criminal organizations and their activities to us. They blinked when we were on the brink of war. One day they will provoke us; we will conquer them and root out the corruption,” said Peter. “I don’t know how they function, but they are a wealthy civilization and have been around for a long time.”

“What do they look like?” Asked Linda.

“They are humanoid like us. They developed separately and independently from us,” Peter explained.

“Carry on, you were talking about the Empress,” said Morgan.

“The Empress took the intelligence colonel’s analysis apart, line by line, and showed how she was underestimating the enemy’s capacity. The Empress used the data to show how her economic appraisal based on the colonel’s data fitted far better. We sat there open-mouthed. We underestimated the Norvast because of what we knew of the political system. The Empress then said her house relied on economic intelligence, and she had further developed her house’s methods. Competitor analysis is much the same as the analysis of the enemy, and economists developed the techniques years ago. Intelligence was underestimating the Norvast and the industrial capacity of a potential enemy. She is a brilliant woman and is bullshit-proof,” said Peter.

“How did it work out for the colonel?” Asked Connie.

“The Empress told the colonel her work was sloppy and would have endangered the lives of others and suggested she reconsider her career,” said Peter Kane. “There is no coming back from that.”

The group sat in silence for a few moments.

“Jason, do you know what you are looking for?” Morgan James asked.

“Morgan, do you have a huge mechanized vehicle that a man or an AI can direct? It would look like a huge mechanical man or an insect and be heavily armed. Games on Earth have a concept of a mechanical warrior driven by a soldier who climbs up to sit in the head. They are like a walking tank. I am also looking for AI soldiers,” said Jason.

“Yes, we have the weapons you describe. No one used either. You may fit the ones we have into your fleet. You will have tons of spare space even when fully armed and supplied. The Empire builds enormous ships and carries a big stick. You have a massive logistics fleet that follows you. I can give you as many supply ships as you think you will need. You may get my message; please take as much as possible. I have available fifty merchant fleets. You can take my entire supply if you like anything unused here.”

They landed in a parking lot near the administration buildings five minutes later.

As Morgan suggested, Jason and his group dressed in heavy armor. The ground facilities extended for many city blocks and comprised offices and AI facilities. The buildings were five floors high. The ground defenses were everywhere, with scattered defensive missiles and heavy cannons on roofs and at intersections. Every building bristled with fortifications.

Drones vacuumed the dust off the roads. Humanoid and insect-like drones and AIs moved along the streets and between buildings. Cargo shuttles were so many; they were like clouds in the sky.

Many waved at Morgan and the group. He introduced many people to Jason. Hundreds of small open transports constantly moved between facilities transporting men and machines. Jason saw twenty-five huge types of transport carry unidentifiable, variously shaped, and covered pieces of equipment and large crates.

“I’ll take you to see the AI Marines first,” said Morgan James excitedly. “They were the brilliant idea of your great-grandfather. They have impressive specifications and can work in environments humans can’t tolerate. I can’t understand why we’ve never used them when we use AIs in every fleet area except as soldiers and naval crew.”

Gen. Morgan James took them on five hundred-person floating personnel carriers to a breathtakingly massive warehouse. It was six blocks wide and long and five floors high.

“This warehouse is like a million others of the same size on this planet. Now you can get an idea of how the Empire operates,” said Morgan as he pressed a button on his pad. Almost as high as the warehouse, two doors opened to show thousands upon thousands of armored soldiers standing forty rows deep in the front, near the door. They looked like soldiers sleeping while standing. Containers stood twenty high, extending far into the distance.

“These AIs are my pride and joy. They are magnificent, powerful, and intelligent and have sat here for centuries. Towards the end of the second Mob war, your great-grandfather completed testing, and we manufactured them. The current military is painfully conservative. They do not see new weapons as legitimate or valuable if it’s not in the simulations. No one has defined how they will use them in battle, deployed them, and put them in the simulations. It’s their loss and your gain. No one wants to risk making a fool of themselves and exposing themselves. Wars are necessary to clear out the deadwood.”

“Won’t sabotage extend the war?” Celia asked.

“Despite our mediocre approach, this war will be over in weeks, even if enemy agents delay our response! We will get it wrong, get into trouble, lose battles, but eventually, after losing a lot of assets, we will mount an overwhelming response,” said Peter.

Morgan switched on an AI with his pad. The AI straightened, became conscious, and then alert.

“All systems checked and validated. Sensor scan confirms Archduke Kargo is in command. AI B77 KLX reporting” said the AI. “My Lord Kargo, what is your command, or do you delegate authority?”

“Report to me. State your current available weaponry and the alternative loads you can accept.”

The AI Marine went through a long list of weaponry. Jason recognized much of it. The AI then listed optional weapons loads. Jason looked quizzically at Linda.

“They have impressive weaponry, but I struggle to see how I would use them when we have so many well-armed and armored troops,” she answered.

“Morgan, I can see the problem. The simulations on the ship, the fleet, and the war colleges don’t include AIs. Commanders don’t see the potential. No one would have adopted mines as we implemented them. Now Patton has included my techniques in simulations and will promulgate them after the war. Soon they will be commonplace. If we use AIs, people will think of them. Linda, I’ll change your mind in twenty seconds,” said Jason confidently.

“Never!” Linda said with a grin, looking at Jason impudently and mischievously. “I’m an old conservative and won’t try something new!”

“AI ... specify your reaction time, relative to the variety of species within the Empire, and summarize your operational specifications.”

“My reaction time to fire a weapon is one-thousandth of the fastest species in the Empire. My weapon’s rate of fire is seventy-five percent faster than the fastest species in the Empire. Yet, I am impervious to telepathic attacks but can attack others telepathically. I can operate indefinitely in space, on planets of high temperature, and in radioactive environments.”

“I have a series of questions for you. Please answer in order. What operational advantages do you have relative to humans? I’d also like to know what kind of combat we designed you for and your limitations,” Jason asked.

“I can operate continuously for a thousand years, day and night, without refueling and fly independently from the ship to the ground. When deployed from our special containers, we are ready for combat and can begin action before landing. We can survive sustained weapons fire a hundred times longer than an armored person and can continue to fight when severely damaged.”

“What level of AI do you have?” Jason asked.

“My intelligence level is equivalent to an AI on a destroyer. I can act as a battlefield AI for ten thousand troops and equipment while continuing to fight, run or assemble a bridge. Fifteen of us clustered can serve as a war AI and control up to fifty-million troops while linking with battle AIs. We can do the same for an Admiral and integrate with ship AIs.”

“Can you operate with a human squad?”

“I can relate to a human as a team member and friend. Our King trained us together with his troops. Many of us lived with the Kargo family.”

“Do any of you remain on our estate?”

“Someone recently deactivated those of us remaining with the ex-King. The Archduke would never deactivate us.”

“Can you operate independently?”

“I can fulfill a series of objectives independently without further instruction. I can rapidly analyze battlefield contingencies and on the field act as a battle AI for specially tasked human troops removed from the network when cyberattacks render the battlefield AIs inoperative.”

“What roles did we design you for?”

“Your great-grandfather designed us to be front-line shock troops to reduce troop casualties. We substitute or supplement soldiers as the Empire population declines.”

“What level of firepower can you deploy?”

We carry heavier weapons than soldiers, similar to the firepower of an armored shuttle but marginally below a tank. Each of us can substitute for twenty Marines.”

“What happens if you get damaged?”

“The AI marine AI is in a block of armor, but we can service each other or accept service from a technician with sufficient security clearance. We have inbuilt micro-bot and nano-bot-operated self-repair capabilities.”

“When we built you, how long did we intend you to function?”

“We can work for a thousand years. All parts are interchangeable and replaceable if major repairs are required.”

Jason stood silently, looking at the floor. Everyone looked at him. The AI Marine waited for the next question.

“Thank you, Marine, that will be all. Morgan, these AI Marines are fantastic. How many do you have?” asked Jason. He would use them regardless of anyone else’s opinion. They were an army unto themselves.

“You can deploy ten thousand in ten seconds. They will help you prepare the rest for shipment and brief the logistics AIs. I have twenty million stored in boxes. I’ve another twenty or thirty million stored elsewhere. There may even be more; I’ve not looked elsewhere.”

“If we deploy them from the ships, how fast can they fly?” Asked Linda.

“Linda, he can fly to the ground at the same speed as a shuttle but can’t travel between planets. We deploy them in quick exit crates that carry reserves of equipment and ammunition.”

“How many do you have in quick exit crates?” Jason asked.

“There are twenty-thousand readily available in quick exit crates in each facility. I’ll ship the reminder to the ships as cargo. The larger boxes act as assault craft and can deploy from any vessel. I’ll give you the launch systems. They are very much like fighter launch systems but use cargo doors,” said Morgan.

“How do we activate them?” Asked Felicia.

“You can do so using an AI marine or as I did from my slate. I’m amazed the AI recognized and identified you so quickly. They communicate with each other, and anything one learns, they all know. You can activate them using your palm on the neck.”

“What happens to the attack crates on the ground?” Asked Celia.

“We reuse the attack crates. The AI Marines can self-pack into their crates. We deploy and return our Marines using similar methods, but we can deploy fewer Marines per box than AI Marines.”

“AI, can you tell me if there are any operational roles,” asked Jason of the AI, “that you wouldn’t undertake or couldn’t undertake?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.