Bond-mates: Necessary, Sometimes Horrible, Usually Magnificent - Cover

Bond-mates: Necessary, Sometimes Horrible, Usually Magnificent

Copyright© 2023 by Sterling

Chapter 3

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Humanity has a different and peculiar sexual structure. Sex might make a couple form a bond, which means they share in each other's feelings and thoughts, enhancing sex and creating a sense of closeness. Everyone needs one bond, but no one can have more than two. If your mate has a bad secret, a bond can be painful. The story explores the resulting complexities.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fiction   Humor   Tear Jerker   Science Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Sharing   Group Sex   Exhibitionism   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Voyeurism  

Op-ed piece: Why are our sexual patterns so unusual?

Evolution by natural selection is a theory that has been confirmed a million times over. No one could doubt its truth. And yet there are still puzzles. One of the greatest is the sexual patterns of our very own species.

Our closest relatives are the great apes. They have different sexual systems, but they all fit within the framework of evolution by natural selection. The gorillas live in widely separated bands and have a strict harem model. Chimps live in troops with promiscuous mating. Humanomorphs form lifelong pair bonds and jointly provide for their offspring.

We are compelled to have sex as adults. In every other species, sex is its own reward. Some members of every species don’t get partners, but they don’t get sick. In the humanomorphs, the pairings are lifelong, so they can raise their children together and continue their sexual relationship to make more. Our bonds hardly ever last for the entirety of a single childhood. Instead of monogamy, the need for bonds enforces an ever-shifting web of sexual partners, enhanced by the greater pleasure from sex within a bond. Our system does allow pairings that are unrelated to bonding, and that at least makes sense. But adults are pulled apart by the greater pleasure of outside relationships, and men and women alike are typically devoting resources to children who are not their biological offspring.

Scientists have discovered that in all our ape cousins and many other animals, there are sexually transmitted diseases. In our species, there are none.

The mind-melding aspects of bonding are an intriguing subject. We have not detected that in any other animal. There is a plausible benefit to that in evolutionary terms. People can experience a wider variety of perspectives on life, notably how life feels to the opposite sex. Also, it is much harder to keep antisocial secrets, and that may confer a survival benefit within groups.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.