Bed Hopping - Cover

Bed Hopping

Copyright© 2023 by Myll Apila

Chapter 60

Hector instinctively raised his wrist to look at his watch then swore under his breath when the cuffs jolted it to a halt. Instead he had to lean towards the radiator to read the time. “It’s nearly eleven. Officially I’m the night shift, eight till eight. But since I’m staying here with my sister anyway, they only send an officer for the day shift if I ask. If I call in now, they can have someone here to relieve me by noon. It will take me a couple of hours to secure the items and drop them off, assuming you live somewhere in town.”

I reluctantly decided I had to risk giving Hector my address because I needed the equipment to improve my chances of survival. With the resources of the police still at his disposal, I was sure he could find it anyway. Mrs Ferguson gave me a pen and paper and I wrote it down for him. “My mum will be calling me on our home phone to let me know her lunch arrangements,” I said. “She might come home to have lunch with me if she can get away. It would be a very bad idea for her to see you. Could you drop off the items between half two and three? That means you’ll be gone before my sister gets home from school.”

“I’ll do my best,” said Hector.

“When do you intend to try this so-called sleepwalking?” asked Mrs Ferguson.

“Some time tonight if I can, when the kidnappers will hopefully be asleep.”

“Thank you. If you can find Alex, I don’t know how I’ll ever be able to repay you,” she said.

“I’m doing it for Alex. She’s a wonderful girl.”

I reckoned there wasn’t anything else to say so I chucked away the handcuffs’ key down the hallway then made a quick exit. When I was outside and on my bike, I risked a peek through the lounge window. Hector had already freed himself - he must have had a second key - but was making no move to follow me. Instead he was deep in conversation with his sister.

I had to push it, but I made it home just before noon. I put my bike in the garage then went indoors. I checked for incoming calls but found none so I hadn’t missed my mum’s check-in.

Feeling clammy after the stressful bike rides and the ordeal of encountering Hector at the Fergusons’, I decided a shower was called for.

Apart from when I had sleepwalked to Dr Giovanelli, sleeping in the same rooms as my mother for a couple of weeks had been an effective libido-suppressant. But while luxuriating under the spray of hot water, my feelings of relief at having survived a second encounter with Hector resulted in a rock-hard erection. The temptation to masturbate while thinking of Alex was almost irresistible, but sleepwalking during the day, when the kidnappers were awake, and before I had Hector’s equipment, would definitely screw the pooch. Fortunately I was saved from my weakness by the bell - the telephone rang!

I quickly rushed the rest of my shower, towelled myself drip-dry then dashed for the phone, which had since stopped ringing. There was no message, but Mum’s number was the last one to have called. Mum was on speed-dial so I picked up the phone and typed in her code. She answered immediately.

“Hi Mum, sorry I didn’t pick up. I haven’t been back long and I was taking a shower.”

“That’s okay. Things are hectic here. I could come home if you need, but if you’re okay to get some lunch on your own, I’d rather keep working.”

Mum knew perfectly well I could get my own lunch, but I played along. “I’m fine, Mum. I’ll feed myself.”

“What are your plans for the afternoon? Are you going to tackle your schoolwork?”

“I was thinking of reading more of the third Russian novel. I’m trying to finish it before I have to return it to Ms Edgeway. Then I’ll devote my attention to catch-up schoolwork.”

“That’s fine. I’ll see you later.”

“Bye Mum.”

I finished drying myself, had some lunch then settled down with the rather belatedly engaging classic.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.