Gabatrix: Relics - Cover

Gabatrix: Relics

Copyright© 2022 by CMed TheUniverseofCMed

Chapter 2: The Last Outpost Part 1

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 2: The Last Outpost Part 1 - Set in 2351 following the events of Gabatrix: Legacy, Operation Reliquary is underway. A small task force of ships is dispatched to the fringes of enemy territory. Their goal: to seek out the Alara'jal, the titans of the Itrean race. A paleontologist participates in this dangerous mission and hopes to seek them out if any of them are still alive. Story Contains: War, Love, Sex, Anthro, Human (Male), Alien (Female), Reptilian, M/F, Size Difference, Light Horror, Violence, Interspecies, Sci-fi

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Military   War   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Furry   Size  

“Sir! Sir, Passos!” yelled Fengge. The paleontologist hobbled down the passageway. His magnetic boots were clamping on the deck with several hard thumps as he wasn’t used to walking this way. Unlike last time, Fengge wore his signature safari hat. It almost seemed to give him a swagger when it came to his looks.

The zero gravity outside of the rotating centripetal ring was evident. It had been over a few hours. The vice admiral appeared to daydream as he stared at the bulkhead and thumbed his chin. The passageway was empty, leaving the older gentleman to his thoughts. He barely even seemed to notice the wondering civilian that appeared in a hurry to find him.

Fengge knew that he wasn’t far from the hangar bay doors. Passos again didn’t seem to notice the voice calling out for him until he was finally close enough to stir him from his thoughts. He sniffed and finally twitched his mustache before he turned to look at Fengge.

“Yes, Doctor Fengge,” Passos said.

“Phew...” The paleontologist remarked. “I didn’t know if you were on the bridge or not. Had to find you before the shuttle was going to depart.”

“What is it that you want?” The vice admiral turned to face him.

“I want to be with the marines when they start exploring the station.”

“What?” Passos tried to react calmly, but his voice expressed his level of shock upon hearing such a request.

“I ... had the time to think about it, and I want to be on that station. I want to be there to see it all!”

“You can’t be serious, Doctor.”

“Dead serious as the first day a dinosaur bone touched my boot, serious.”

“I ... don’t know if I can allow that. Assuming that we find anything to put our troops on, we don’t know what we might encounter. There could be traps ... Emphra ... maybe Aksren soldiers. It would be perilous for a civilian.”

Fengge shook his head. “I am all aware of the risks. I’m already going to be talking to the Alara’jal face-to-face. I’ve worked with skeletons of their ancestors that were three times my height. I know the risks and am more than ready to face it. I want to be there first before anything else.”

Passos only seemed partially convinced. “‘If’ we find them. I don’t know ... there are many dangers ... I can’t promise your safety. Even if we find the Alara’jal, it will mean nothing if you are killed or injured before we reach them.”

“Please ... you know me. I’m Doctor Fengge Yu, the greatest paleontologist of the 24th century. I travel to every corner of Earth regardless of its conditions. I would risk my life, if necessary, for science and Itreopology.”

“Itreopology?”

“My coined phrase for Itrean Anthropology.”

Passos seemed to sigh and look away. He paused for some time. It was as if he was arguing with himself but was distracted at the same time. Finally, he spoke to Fengge.

“Youth these days...,” Passos commented with a sniff of his nose. “I can’t keep up with how much is changing.”

“Surely, it isn’t changing that much.”

Passos shook his head. “It’s too fast ... I still remember Gabatrix. I spoke to him when I was a child. Now he’s passed, and I am almost the same age as he was when I first saw him. That felt like yesterday. Now ... we have Itreans ... aliens ... and a galaxy far bigger than we ever knew. It’s too much for an old man like me.”

“A man twice my age still has a lot to live for,” Fengge was adamant in how he said it.

“Hmmm ... when you reach my age, the last thing you want to be told is that you have a lot to live for. Do you know who I am, Doctor?”

“I don’t understand.”

“Do you know the JJ-78 incident?”

“A little bit.”

“Then you would know the ship that was involved in it.”

“I don’t.”

The vice admiral paused and looked at the interior. “Well ... you’re standing in it.”

“Really?”

Passos snifled his nose. “The Drake was the surviving ship. The Cabot and her Captain sacrificed themselves to save me and my crew. I still remember Commander William’s face when we had to make our retreat.”

“I know so little about it.”

“Hmm ... let’s say that history follows me. I believe in luck, Doctor. If it didn’t violate military rules, I would sneak every charm around my neck and appendage over my body. I’m a superstitious man...” He paused as his thumbs fiddled with his fingers. “Luck was with me two years ago. Then, I thought that I was going to die. Now ... once again, pressed against the enemy. I know what is going to happen in this mission...”

“What?”

“This will be my last mission ... I retire in two days ... two days, and I get to see my family ... my granddaughter ... my wife. I live away from the war as the youth replace me in this ever-changing galaxy.”

Passos was not a man of emotion, but there were heartfelt words in how he conveyed his last sentence. Doctor Fengge held his arms out in triumph.

“That’s great news. You finally get a chance to sit back ... maybe get a chance to enjoy my shows.”

“No...,” Passos shook his head. “I know exactly what this means. Two days from retirement. I’ve seen it all. A man of my experience can tell you when the signs are present. I’ve seen the old Earth films ... two days from retirement. I’ve been cursed ... and possibly my crew.”

Fengge still didn’t understand what he was getting at. What was so significant about two days from retirement? Was there some sentimental weight to the phrase? However, whatever the case was, the doctor was doing his best to reconcile with him.

“You are afraid that you’ll die?” the doctor asked. “You are still alive right now and have been alive since you started the military. I’m sure you will be alright through this whole mission.”

“Are you sure about that, Doctor? In about an hour, we’ll be departing to enemy territory, with some...” Passo’s looked at his ship. “Some ... aging warship ... rambunctious and rude allies ... and a woman that betrayed her own people ... with an even older Captain to lead them. There was a time that I had this ship in tip-top shape. Why I knew every screwhead and pipe that went to every deck that every new engineer would die to know. Now ... now ... look at it.”

The paleontologist looked around the passageway. He saw nothing of the unusual. It was a long straightforward alley with multiple sealed doors. It was clean and smelled like the artificial air that permeated the scene.

“I don’t see anything wrong,” Fengge comforted him. He risked it and held his arm to the vice admiral’s shoulder. “As a civilian, I think you just need someone to talk to. In two days, you say goodbye to this vessel and crew. I’m sure that they’ll miss you.”

“Hmm ... yes ... yes, maybe you’re right.” The pep talk seemed to stir him a little bit. “The problem with us’ Captains’ is that we don’t get a chance to talk to those lower than us because it makes us look weak, but who becomes our counselors? Who is there to slap that old man to get him to wake up?”

“Live life to the fullest. Don’t look at this as some cursed mission. Consider this as an opportunity before you finally retire. Look at that, Shira. She seems smart and levelheaded. She helped make this mission possible. Did she recommend having you a part of this?”

“Hmph ... hmph...,” he did a grumbled laugh. “Why yes.”

“Because she knew that you would do well in this mission. She knew that you were well experienced and that you would excel at your duties.”

“Hmmm ... perhaps.”

“Give you one last adventure before you get to be with your family. After this mission, it will be even fewer days before you retire. If all else fails, somebody like me will be the one that will bear the front for science. Toss me to the wolves, Vice Admiral. I’m your guy.”

“Heh ... Hmmm ... Yes.” Passos sniffed his nose. He paused and thought about it. Finally, he tapped the younger man’s hand to let go of him. “Ehh ... at least I was still able to deliver that briefing with some judiciousness. If it’s one thing that we Admirals get to do is talk, talk, and talk. I’ve done my best to avoid it. They tried to offer me a seat off the ship, but ... I liked this ship ... Drake ... it’s such a nice name. I never wanted to leave it. Well...”

The vice admiral almost pushed aside whatever emotions were threatening to come forth. Instead, he was reassuring himself and became adamant. Fengge knew that he was looking at the same man that was at the briefing. It was as if some aged warrior was resurfacing. The vice admiral then put his hand on the paleontologist’s shoulders.

“Fine...,” Passos said. “Go and get on that shuttle. But,” the vice admiral pointed his finger at him. “Captain Shira must give the go-ahead if she will let you participate or not. Just because I can say you can, doesn’t mean that she’ll let you. She must weigh the risks or not.”

Fengge held his fist in a minor form of victory. “Yes ... Thank you.”

With that, the paleontologist turned around and left the vice admiral. The magnetic boots would continue to click and clack the deck as he was determined not to miss his flight.

“Hmm ... hmm ... yes,” the vice admiral quietly remarked to himself.


Thirty minutes had passed. Doctor Fengge walked down the spinning centripetal ring of the Lifen’s habitat. Time was of the essence. The sooner that he had a chance to see Shira, the better. For a moment, the paleontologist would pause as he tapped his feet.

“Omph...,” Fengge said as he could see some crew walking back past him. “Not used to having to walk in zero gravity to induced gravity. Ah ... I miss Earth’s gravity.”

He finally neared the door. It had to be at the right spot. Shira could be in her stateroom or on the bridge already. He had to try this room first.

The paleontologist reached over and touched the door panel. His heart was pounding. He could feel it in his soul. He knew that he was going to go stir-crazy if he remained on the ship. Meanwhile, the marines would get the glory of touching Alara’jal engineering, their work, and their mastery of construction.

“Come on...,” Fengge said to himself. He was about to tap the panel when the door slid open.

“Doctor Fengge,” Shira calmly said. “Please enter.”

The near-emotionless voice echoed from the interior of the room. Upon stepping inside, Fengge had a pleasant view of the locale. It almost looked similar to one of the rooms inside the UHN Drake. However, there were some slight differences in the internal construction. The Captain’s stateroom consisted of a single display table. A few chairs lined around its spherical layout. A few displays lined the bulkheads and center projector. A set of closed bunks could be seen. Shira was sitting on her chair, her tail spilling over the seat and a cigarette burning by her fingertips. The hint of the aroma of cigarette smoke filled the air.

Another person was standing facing the Captain. She appeared to be human with a dark complexion to her. Her hair had been curly and cut short. She was dressed in the marine camouflage working uniform. She appeared to be mildly strong, cut from the hard work that marines typically had to go through. She briefly looked at Fengge.

“Continue...,” Shira gestured to the marine.

“I...,” the unknown woman seemed hesitant at first. “Does he have to be a part of this?” The marine pointed her finger toward Fengge.

“Time is of the essence, Sergeant Zalika. Continue...”

“I just ... where we’re going...”

The female marine was apprehensive. She was trying to remain composed, but she was showing signs of fear. She did her best to stay calm. Fengge recognized that this woman was Oshunian and had an accent that also seemed to mimic it. Her dark complexion also further hinted at her origins.

“I have to state my ... issues ... with this mission, Ma’am,” Zalika explained.

“You knew of this upcoming op for some time,” Shira responded. “However, you decided to wait till now before bringing this to my attention.” The Shal’rein took a drag from her cigarette. A puff of smoke radiated out from her nostrils.

“It...” Zalika gripped her hands so hard that they turned a lighter color.

“Zalika, you have the choice if you wish to be a part of this or not.”

The marine took a deep breath and momentarily looked at Fengge. “I...”

Shira lifted her hand. “Do not let his arrival cloud your emotions. Speak what is on your mind.”

“I can leave if...,” Fengge tried to say, but Shira again waved her cigarette. She didn’t even bother to look at him. The paleontologist remained quiet.

“Your expertise will be valuable on this mission,” Shira explained to Zalika.

“I still have nightmares about them, you know?” Zalika said with a nervous smile.

“No doubt that you do. I would question the sanity of most individuals that would carelessly fight the Emphra, human or Itrean. Unless ... of course, there was a defining reason to do so.”

The Emphra ... the name stung in Fengge’s mind. What had happened to Zalika? He didn’t know. He had to remain quiet as he stood there. A part of him genuinely felt that he should leave and let this discussion be in private.

“I lost a lot of friends recently,” Zalika replied in a shaken stir. “That officer ... that fucking officer didn’t care. They just sent us into a zone with not a care in the galaxy. Me and Ioren were the only survivors.”

“Indeed, I’m well aware of your actions on the UHN Columbia.”

“Then you have to promise me!” Zalika said, pointing her finger at the CO. “You know what is there. Anything ... any little thing. Where the Emphra maybe hiding ... something that we don’t know about.”

“I can only offer you the truth on this. We are heading into hostile territory. We face numerous enemies, both seen and hidden. Caution and speed will be the key to the first phase of this operation.”

Zalika was doing her best to handle this, but it was evident that she was partially distressed. Finally, she spoke up again.

“Those new marines ... they will be put into the thicket of this...”

“All the better to have you and Ioren there to provide backup for them. Of course, you can always choose not to be a part of this. There is no shame in doing such a thing.”

“Son of a...,” Zalika commented. Her anger was not directed toward Shira. If anything, the Oshunian woman seemed to fall back on her argument.

“Sergeant, unlike Major Marshall, I’m well aware of the enemy. I know the scene and environment that you will fight in. You will have the proper equipment, resources, and knowledge on how to defeat them, and I won’t pretend that your opposition may be more unsurmountable than you realize. Your actions here may very well determine the larger events that are yet to come.” Shira turned her head to look at Fengge. Her single yellow shark-like eye gazed upon the man. “Doctor Fengge Yu will also join you as well.”

“You read my mind, Shira,” Fengge replied with a smile. “And here I was going to plea to you that I be a part of this.”

“What!? Oh, heeellll no,” Zalika remarked in shock. “He’s just a civilian.”

“And he will be treated as such,” Shira calmly explained. “It will be Centurion Bekra’s responsibility to make sure that Fengge comes back alive ... preferably intact and unharmed.”

“What’s he going to do there?” Zalika waved her hand a little bit in dismissal. “Umm ... Doctor ... Doctor?”

“Fengge ... Fengge Yu at your service,” the paleontologist extended his hand to shake hers. “But, you can just call me Fengge.”

“Any combat knowledge?”

“None, but I have fired a pistol back on Earth.”

“But that isn’t why you wanted to be a part of this upcoming mission now, isn’t it?” Shira said.

“I want to explore...” Fengge explained. “Learn more about the Alara’jal as much as possible ... even if it’s just ruins. I must learn more about them, whatever the cost.”

“Sergeant,” Shira turned her attention to the marine. “Arm and prepare yourself. Unless you have any other issues that you wish to bring forth?”

Zalika said nothing further. She was distraught enough that she didn’t bother to salute when she stepped out. Shira waited till the marine reached the door.

“There is something else that you can tell Centurion Bekra,” Shira said. It caused Zalika to pause in her walk.

“What, Ma’am?” Zalika asked.

Shira took a drag of her cigarette before blowing the smoke from her nostrils. “You can tell Centurion Bekra that I will put in a good word for her. I think a promotion is in order. Greater Centurion is a more fitting rank for someone such as her to have. Especially after your prior past engagements. Of course, it would be important that both of you return back alive to enjoy the full fruition of such a possibility. Wouldn’t you agree?”

Shira took her cigarette and tapped the ashes onto her small ashtray. Zalika almost seemed glad to hear of it. It was enough to push her out of her trepidation and focus back on reality. She said nothing else and gave the nod in approval. With that, the door slid open, and the marine stepped out. Once the door closed, Fengge turned to speak with the Shal’rein woman.

“I’m sorry for interrupting that,” the doctor explained.

“Not at all,” Shira calmly replied, stuffing her burnt-out cigarette into her ashtray and closing its lid. “Time is of the essence, Doctor.”

“How did you know that I wanted to go with the marines?”

“You made great strives to come to my ship just to personally speak with me. You only confirmed it once you refused to protest it.”

“That marine ... she seemed really troubled with what happened to her.”

“How much do you know of the Emphra?”

“Not much ... except with just a mentioning here and there. Most of my attention is ancient history, not recent.”

“You will find what you encounter to be most ... interesting. But I have a question for you, Doctor. Assuming there is anything worth finding, what is your intended course of action when you traverse with my marines?”

Fengge noticed that Shira wasn’t asking that question out of curiosity. Of course, her lack of emotion in her words didn’t help, but it almost appeared that she already knew what she was asking.

“Why to take pictures, of course,” Fengge replied with a smile. “I want as much documented action and recordings about the Alara’jal as possible. From their civilizations, their buildings, their tools, anything to show exactly what they were to what they become.”

“Then I suggest that you record as much as possible. The more, the better, but always remember...” She intertwined her fingers together as she focused hard on him. “Every action has consequences. You will find that wishing for something that you desire the most usually has a price to it. I would very much prefer that you survive this ordeal. Your contribution to this overall operation is far more significant than you realize.”

Fengge put his hand to his heart. “I give you my word that I will come back unscathed. I won’t do anything to jeopardize the lives of those marines, I swear.”

“See to it. Head to the shuttle and get yourself suited up.”

“Thank you, and good luck.”

Shira said nothing else. She appeared to be getting ready to leave the room herself. It was as the captain of the Lifen had suggested. Soon, the operation would fall into full swing. With Fengge, he momentarily paused as he considered what Shira told him. Was he making a mistake by doing this? Only time would tell...


“Just like being back on Earth during its annual ‘Muck Dusters,’” Fengge said as he took a good look at his suit.

“Yeah, but this suit is a little bit different,” Zalika explained. “With the civie TT-100 suits, you can handle what’s going to be thrown at you in a vacuum. You have a computer guidance and small thruster packs just in case you end up free-floating in zero gravity.”

The interior of the Goshawk looked partially packed. It consisted of several marines, at least eight in total. The equipment that the marines used was daunting and incredible. They wore a heavy thick brown armored power suit. Their bodies looked like walking tanks due to their bulkiness. It protected every inch with only a small visor to see their faces. Even the paleontologist couldn’t believe it. Most of them had some sort of long arm that was strapped to their sides. The weapons appeared to be a heavy caliber machine gun and laser emitter connected into one frame. One seemed to be wielding some sort of large-caliber weapon, possibly a grenade launcher. Another had a smaller rifle on a large sling arm. All these guns had an ammo belt connected to a disk drum on the marine’s backs. A vast computer network connected to each person’s visor. The suits alone could easily handle the outside vacuum of space with little issue.

Fengge looked at himself again. He wore a white and gray suit that covered his entire body. He had a small pack behind his back. Dark gray magnetic boots kept him clamped to the deck. On his right hip was a pair of small devices. On the top of his head was a helmeted visor. It provided an enclosed atmosphere if he chooses to do it. On his left hip was a holstered pistol. The interior of the shuttle consisted of the main compartment where the marines sat together facing one another. Their backs almost pressed to the bulkheads. There was a set of doors on each side to allow grappling and forced boarding entry. The front compartment was where the cockpit resided. The rear room led to other facilities if needed. Inside, the comms would radio and echo to indicate the constant communication traffic in the task force. The lack of gravity, once again, put Fengge in a state of queasiness.

With Fengge and the marines were two Itreans. Both of them appeared to be of the Aksren variety. One wore red and green wrap armor that covered her entire body and tail, with the exception of her head. Fengge knew this to be Bekra, the one that Shira mentioned earlier. She carried a foldable two-barrel assault rifle of some sort with a large box magazine. The other almost didn’t seem to be Aksren. She had the nose and head crest of an Aksren, but her pointed nose seemed more rounded. She had green and red feathers that protruded from the top of her head and her wrap armor was greener. On each of her hips were two pistols of unknown design, including other sorts of detachable devices.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.