Kissed by a Rose - Cover

Kissed by a Rose

Copyright© 2022 by Marc Nobbs

Chapter 52

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 52 - Who'd have thought that hearing someone's tears in the library could change your life? For Adam Smith, it led to love. But when your new girlfriend is England's Rose, the latest starlet to grace the silver screen, then life's not going to be easy. Hounded by the press. Autograph hunters at every turn. Everyone says an ordinary student & a superstar just don't mix. They're from two different worlds. It will never last. She's his power, his pleasure, his pain & every Rose has its Thorn

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   School  

Epilogue

February 2029

Michelle Adams opened the envelope and looked at the card inside. She smiled and looked up at the expectant audience.

“And the winner of the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay is ... Adam J. Smith for Thyme and Again.”

Adam was shocked. Being nominated was one thing, but to actually win was something else. Chloë squeezed his hand and kissed his cheek.

“Well done,” she whispered.

Adam rose from his seat and walked to the stage to collect the award. When the applause had died down, he began his acceptance speech.

“Wow. Er, I’m... Not speechless I’m afraid. My wife, who’s done this a couple of times herself, made me prepare one.” The audience laughed politely. “I genuinely didn’t think I would win this. I mean, first ever screenplay, come on, that doesn’t happen, does it?” He glanced at Michelle who was standing just to the side. “Apparently so. I’m overwhelmed, I really am, so I want to thank the Academy for giving me this honour, I feel truly privileged. I also want to thank everyone involved in bringing the script to the screen—the cast and crew, who were, indeed are, awesome.

“If I’m privileged to win this award, I’m even more privileged to be the man that wrote the last film that Sam Bradwell ever made—that’s something no-one can ever take away from me. But most of all, I want to thank my beautiful wife. I wrote the script as a birthday present for her, not thinking it would ever get made. As you may know, it’s based on the story of our early relationship. But what I didn’t realise was that when my wife wants a film made, it gets made, and she wanted this film made.

“I’m nearly done—promise. I just want to say that now I have to make a decision. As you may know, we have three of these—” He held up the golden statue. “—at home already. So I’ve got some way to catch up with Chloë. But on the other hand, I now have a one hundred per cent record, which she’ll never be able to match. Hmm, what shall I do? Thank you again.”

He went back to his seat with the audience still laughing to find Chloë grinning at him.

“You’re a rotter,” she said. “One hundred per cent record indeed.”

Just over half an hour later, Mark Watson stood behind the podium and opened a golden envelope. “And the Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role goes to...” He read the card and smiled his trademark beaming smile.

“She’s still England’s Rose. It’s Chloë Goodman-Smith!”

Thunderous applause greeted the announcement of Chloë’s fourth Oscar. She grinned, turned to kiss Adam tenderly and then stood and strode majestically to the stage. Even after twenty years and two children, Adam thought she looked better now than she had when she won her first Academy Award. She took the gold statue and rested it on the podium while she waited for the applause to die away so that she could make her acceptance speech.

“Thank you. I’ll keep this short. Twenty years ago, I stood on this stage and collected my first Oscar. This...” She put her hand on the award. “ ... is my fourth—which matches the milestone set by a very good friend of mine. A friend and a mentor. Someone who taught me not just about the movie business, but also about life. I’ve thanked him a thousand times, and even if I thank him a thousand more it will never be enough. But in this, the year he was taken from us, I want to thank him one more time, for the last time. Thanks, Sam. Thank you, Samuel Bradwell.”

The applause broke out again. It grew in volume and soon every person in the theatre was on their feet to pay tribute to one of the greatest actors they had ever known. Chloë waited until the room was seated again before she continued.

“When I accepted my first award all those years ago—it seems like a lifetime—I dedicated it to the three most important people in my life—my parents and my then boyfriend. My parents are no longer with us, but my boyfriend is now my husband. So once again, I dedicate this award to the three most important people in my life. Adam, my husband and the only man I’ve ever loved, and our two gorgeous, glorious children, Eddie and Cassie. I do this because no matter how many films I make, no matter how big the paycheques are, and no matter how many awards I win, the most important thing in life is family. Because our families love us unconditionally, as we do them. And love is what makes us rich—Samuel Bradwell taught me that.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.