Larissa's Pledge - Cover

Larissa's Pledge

Copyright© 2022 by Oz Ozzie

Chapter 16

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 16 - Larissa is married, and her life is good. But what about her friends and family? And will Julian her husband and her best friend Layna be able to sway the Australian election, and make a difference to the environment? Will she hold true to her family and friends and her values when she’s challenged?

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Light Bond   Swinging   Exhibitionism   Massage   Oral Sex   Nudism   Violence  

Monday 30 May 2022

Monday was almost a normal day. What a relief. University lectures and tutorials, and then friends around for yoga in the evening.

But not quite. While she was in her first lecture, she got a call from Deanna. When she called her back, Deanna wanted to know, could she come to Canberra on Wednesday? If she could, they’d organise her flights - up and back on the same day. Larissa grimaced - missing yet another Wednesday but it was just normal lectures and assignment time, so she could make that work. Suzy was coming too, Larissa said, and Deanna agreed that would be good. Would Julian like to come too? Deanna asked, and after a quick text exchange it was agreed that Julian would go with her.

Late morning, she got a message from Julian, saying that they’d talked about the White House request for a couple of hours, made their decision, and were just releasing the last video from New Zealand, bird-watching with David, with some additional comments from Layna. Sweet. Also, the message said to check for an email from Layna. She looked at that immediately.

“Dear Larissa

The team deeply appreciates the contributions you’ve made to our project over the last year. Your contributions have been a very significant part of the way our project has grown. This morning, I put to the team the idea that we should make Suzy available to you up to a quarter time to help you with your initiative around reducing the damage alcohol does to society. I’m pleased to say that there was nothing to discuss, the team uniformly approved that immediately with enthusiastic support, and Suzy is beyond thrilled. Further, if at any time you need to make your own video without any other voices controlling your message, all of our resources are at your disposal.

We all love you a very great deal, and we wish you and your initiative all success.

Love Layna and team.”

Well, that was very nice, and brought tears to her eyes. No matter how bad things went, she had plenty of friends right in her corner. There was another one, from Layna to her and Toni, confirming an offer for Toni to work for the project two afternoons a week starting immediately with an initial focus on supporting Larissa as directed by Suzy. Toni had responded immediately with a message simply saying, “I ‘m going to print this email out and put it on my bedroom door. It’s the best thing that can ever happen to me. Suzy is awesome and I have no words for Larissa or you, you are both the greatest.” That generated a message from Suzy to her and Toni: “Your team is ready for your command, our hero. Let’s go!”

Sweet, she had her team. Now to use it well, so she asked Suzy to sort out Wednesday’s trip, telling her what was important to her.

Over a late lunch, Larissa watched Layna’s video. It started with a magnificent drone vista looking down a steep mountain valley, lush green forests on the sides and a river flowing along the bottom. In the distance, flat plains and then the sea was just visible beyond that. “Welcome to the Tarurua Ranges,” Layna’s voice over said. Then just gentle music - Larissa recognised Mason’s hand - as the drone swept down the valley, turned in a wide arc and down into the valley before flying up the river. She recognised the river now, saw David’s bird hide go past under the drone, and then the drone came up to the water hole. What magnificent flying, a really wonderful shot. And on the edge of the waterhole, holding old blankets for some decency but still very obviously naked, Layna, Tui and David. What an introduction!

Then the shot changed to Layna and Tui grabbing packs off the back of David’s tractor right where they’d parked the first time, along with David who was already heavily loaded, and heading up the valley. At this point, Layna provided a voice over. “I’ve come to the Tarurua ranges to meet with New Zealand’s own equivalent of David Attenborough, who’s famous in these parts, to teach me about bird-watching and conservation New Zealand style.”

That was it for the voice over. Wow, this video was lean - mostly just footage of David leading Layna and Tui up the valley, pointing out sights of interest, and talking about the local birds. They turned up to the side valley, and then they were lying on the floor of the valley looking up at the birds. Wow, the boys had got a shot of the orange chested bird, and David explained that to Layna. Then they showed them tramping up and over the crest, now in thick cloud just like that first time, and down to the river. Then a loving shot of Layna and Tui getting into the mud, and how dirty they got, laughing and frowning by turns, and then really great footage inside the bird hide and of the birds. Even pigs and deer. Larissa knew it had been two hard days of work for the team and they’d hired some local help that hung around a few more days for some of this footage. Then truly mud-covered Layna, Tui and David getting out of the hide, and walking up the valley. A voice over from Layna explaining just how stinky the mud was.

Then all three of them falling into the water and shucking their clothes off in the water. Another voice over from Layna commenting on just how cold the water was. Then them getting out, wrapping up in those rough blankets for warmth, David hanging their clothes out on his line and doing his bum dance, and then them cooking over the fire and talking into the night, a sixty-year perspective on conservation, biodiversity and caring for the land.

Wow wow wow, it was everything Larissa had imagined, and unlike last week’s video, it was so simple. Long shots where ever possible, only the four voice overs, and as much of David as they could get. This video was his, his voice, his style. His warmth, humour and compassion shone through crystal clear. Larissa took a deep breath and let herself feel how much she had wanted to be part of that, but she couldn’t have everything.

Then, when the camp fire finally went out and the three of them called out good night to each other, Layna was back, in the studio with the team behind her. “It’s one of the great privileges of my life to meet David, and share a couple of days of his life, and sleep beside his camp fire. What an incredible man, and an incredible story. And thanks to his family for sharing him with all of us.” They showed a photo of David with his children and grandchildren around him. “I feel super lucky that we ran into David and could share his story with you. One of the really sad things about the whole climate change challenge we face is that ‘conservatives’ aren’t on board with ‘conservation’, but David’s been both a conservative and a conservationist all of his life, and I just loved talking to him, and I hoped you loved it as much. David’s time is running out, though I hope he’s got more than a few good years yet, and he told me that he wants to meet his maker out there in the wild where his heart belongs. David, when you watch this, thanks for sharing your life story, and for caring, and handing the torch to us, among others. I know that our team listened carefully and we very much want to continue your work.”

The team behind Layna said in unison, “Amen, love you and your work, David. Thank you.”

“I’m sad to say that that’s the last video we’ll be producing from our New Zealand trip. The whole trip was amazing, we all loved New Zealand. I need to give plenty of thanks, and please watch and enjoy the credits, but obviously Air New Zealand generously supported our trip, and bent over backwards to make it possible, and they’re a great airline. The Kiwi Minister for the Environment that we started this series with helped us a lot in the background, thanks so much. Amanda and her family who volunteered to act as our ground crew in New Zealand, and sourced Layna’s bus, which was just so much fun.” There was a shot of Amanda and her family in front of the bus for that bit. She went on with other thank you to many people, only some of whom Larissa knew.

“Sadly, this means that we’re saying good bye to Tui and Marty for now. Don’t worry, we love them a lot and they’ll be back. We’re not done with New Zealand by a long shot, we’ll be returning there sometime, and they’re going to make some vids of their own. If you’re interested in biodiversity or bio tourism, you really should check New Zealand out, they’re super keen to show you round, and it’s a lovely place full of generous caring people and amazing flora and fauna and nature programs.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.