A Better Man - Book 2 - Cover

A Better Man - Book 2

Copyright© 2022 by G Younger

Chapter 32

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 32 - David’s first semester at USC is over, and he has learned some hard truths. He needs to accept who he is, which begins with the London World Premier of his James Bond movie. He is famous, and there is nothing he can do to change that. On campus, David vows not to repeat mistakes he made in the past regarding football. He is not going to lie down and let his rival at quarterback beat him out.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Humor   School   Sports   Safe Sex   Slow  

David
The driver got out of the bus and loaded their luggage as the second and third buses pulled up. David’s group was the last to board and found that seats had been saved for them at the front of the charter bus. Before he climbed on, he noted that it wasn’t just his friends from the football team. It looked like Cassidy had invited the girls rowing team as well, with still more people in the other buses.

Crystal claimed the seat next to him.

“The second bus is the entire Alpha Mu sorority. The third bus is the Song Girls, the football coaches, and your professors. Your mom invited them to bring their families.”

“You’ve talked to my mom about all this?” David asked.

“Cassidy gave me her number just in case. I called her for my dad to reserve rooms. Then she and I talked at your premiere party for a bit. She’s gone all out for this weekend.”

David nodded and went quiet as he contemplated what Crystal had said. His mom must have been working on this for some time to bring this many people together. Cassidy had mentioned over six hundred people. If he were back home, that would have been easy to pull off. But in LA?

He wasn’t able to overthink it all because the trip was only thirty minutes. The Queen Mary was permanently docked in Long Beach. When he saw the ship, he thought, ’It’ll be hard to top this birthday.’


The ship was now a hotel with 347 first-class staterooms and suites. David and Crystal found themselves in a suite. They walked into a living room that looked perfect for relaxing or a small gathering with friends and family. There was also a bedroom, as well as a breakfast-nook area. The whole place had an Art Deco vibe that harkened to its original décor, including polished wood panels and original artwork. It almost felt like you were transported back to 1936 when the ship had its maiden voyage.

His phone chirped with a text from his mother.

’Meet us at Chelsea Chowder House in fifteen.’

“Get the map out. We’re meeting my family at Chelsea Chowder House in a little while,” David said.

There was a knock at the door, so he went to get it. When he looked through the peephole, David smiled. He opened the door to find his best childhood friend, Tami. She was with Tracy, Pam, Brook, and Zoe, all girls he’d dated in high school. This was why David had invited Crystal: to keep him from doing something silly like hooking up with one or more of them.

“We’re here to meet your new girl,” Tami announced as she pushed past him.

“Come on in, I guess,” he muttered.

Tracy stopped and kissed his cheek.

“Happy birthday.”

“Thanks.”

He spotted Cassidy and Ruth hurrying up the hall. David left the door open so they could let themselves in.

The girls were busy introducing themselves to Crystal when he stepped into the living room.

“Go change into something nice but casual,” Tami ordered. “Your mother has your itinerary.”

“What are you girls going to do?” he asked.

“David?” Pam asked.

“Yes?”

“Coby thought I should have a day at the spa.”

’The old ‘Coby needs’ trick.’

“David’s mom already made the arrangements, and he’s paying for it,” Cassidy shared.

“David?” Pam asked again.

“Yes?”

“Never mind.”

“You’re still my favorite,” David told Pam.

Brook groaned.

“She’ll be bragging about that all day, dork.”

David ignored her and went to change.


David had an early lunch with his family—all his family. As expected, his parents, grandmother, brothers, the munchkin horde, Uncle John, and Aunt Bonnie were there. But even Grandma Felton and Uncle Jim and his family, none of whom he’d seen in a long time, were there.

David discovered that his mother really did have an itinerary for his day. While his dad, uncle, and two brothers were getting to take the munchkins to the beach, he was going with his grandmother to meet political folks. His younger brother, Phil, was about as excited about hanging with his nieces and nephews as David was to be hanging with the political types.

“You ready for this?” David asked a bit overexcitedly for his grandmother.

“Please be good for me.”

“I promise,” he said as she led him to the Observation Bar.

It had originally been the first-class lounge, and it was indeed opulent. Grandma Dawson stopped him at the door. Looking around the room, he saw three small groups and one larger one that looked a lot more fun than the other three. She wanted to make sure he knew all the players before talking to them.

“Of course, you know the Illinois contingent: Governor Kurt Higgins and his wife Betty, with Senators Dixon and Caster.”

David noted that Ms. Dixon, his principal lawyer and the senator’s daughter, was also with them.

“Over there is the California group: Governor Blackfarmer and Senator Hatley. I don’t know who the other man is,” Grandma Dawson admitted.

“That’s Daniel Hatley, the senator’s grandson. Daniel was engaged to my friend Kat. I’ve been told he’s a real horse’s ass.”

“That may be true, but please refrain from calling him that to his face,” his grandmother chastised. “Do you know who the other two groups are?”

“The male of the couple is Mark Ellison; I am assuming the lady with him is his wife. Mr. Ellison is the president of the NCAA. The boisterous group starts with Tony Giovanni from New York City, his wife Nancy, his sister Pia, and his business partner Kendra Bianco. I assume the rest are family,” David shared.

“The Bianco and Giovanni crime families?” Grandma Dawson asked.

“That may be true, but please refrain from calling them that to their faces,” David said, throwing her words back at her. “Let’s meet them first. That way, we have time to talk politics.”

Grandma Dawson gave him a look that he, being the favorite grandson, seldom saw. He knew he was treading on thin ice. He offered her his arm, and she took it. Counting that as a win, David guided her to where Tony was sitting.

“Birthday boy!” Pia said and gave him a big kiss.

It lasted longer than a friendly hello, and he tasted gin on her tongue. When they finally pulled apart, David saw the older man, who he assumed was her father, was displeased.

“Pia, behave yourself,” Nancy chastised.

“But he’s so cute,” Pia complained.

“He also has a girlfriend,” Grandma Dawson said.

Tony laughed and then introduced everyone. He was with his father, mother, and grandfather. Kendra had brought her father and her 18-year-old younger sister, Sophia, who would be attending Wisconsin in the fall.

The last man at the table to be introduced was Nancy’s father, Senator Wilson of New York.

“How about I see all of you at the dance tonight? Senator Wilson, would you care to join me as I talk to your colleagues?”

“David will one day join your ranks,” Grandma Dawson said.

’Well, okay, then,’ David thought as he kept the smile off his face, hiding his amusement at his grandmother’s attempts to push his career path. Who knows? he thought. She might succeed in her efforts.

“I would be delighted,” Senator Wilson said.

They next walked over to President Ellison’s table.

“Hello, and thank you for coming to my party. I was wondering if you’d like to join me in talking to a few people,” David said, nodding toward the Illinois delegation and Senator Wilson.

“I’d hoped to have a word,” President Ellison said.

David smiled.

“I’ll be glad to talk with you one-on-one later, but it would be impolite of me not to converse with my other guests first. And it’d also be rude of me not to introduce you to them, if you haven’t already had the pleasure.”

Grandma Dawson deftly introduced everyone.

Governor Higgins wanted to know how Mayor Duke was doing, which led to the story of how David got his dog elected.

“I’m glad you’re here. I wanted to have an informal discussion about the NCAA’s policy on Name, Image, and Likeness. We’re calling it ‘NIL’ for short. My committee starts hearings on the matter next month,” Senator Dixon said to the NCAA president.

There was a lawsuit working its way through the courts that the newspapers said might make it to the Supreme Court. The NCAA was currently doing everything it could to quash it. The problem was that certain states—Illinois and California being two of them—had either passed or introduced legislation to allow their college athletes to profit from NIL.

“What are your thoughts on all this?” Senator Wilson asked David.

“I think that if the NCAA doesn’t come up with a viable solution quickly, the courts will decide the issue for them. In my opinion, that will open Pandora’s Box,” David replied.

“What would you propose?” Senator Caster asked.

“I would suggest that student-athletes receive a stipend.”

“Schools can’t afford it,” President Ellison said.

David shrugged. If Mr. Ellison was that entrenched, he was doomed to fail.

His grandmother changed the conversation to less contentious topics. President Ellison excused himself and seemed to be headed to the bar.

David then gathered the Illinois assemblage and joined Senator Hatley and Governor Blackfarmer where they were talking. David wasn’t done stirring the pot.

“Governor Blackfarmer, one of my charity efforts when I was in high school was to help the homeless. I’ve seen that it likely will become a huge issue here, and so I respectfully suggest that you might want to get a handle on this soon, sir.”

“We’re working on just that right now,” the governor said dismissively.

“I hope so, sir, because I know two things. The vast majority of homeless would prefer the safety of a roof over their heads. The humanitarian aspect alone makes it a worthwhile endeavor. The second is that it’s your businesses and homeowners who tend to both vote and fund campaigns. If I had people living in boxes on my sidewalk, endangering the safety of my customers and/or family...” David left the rest unsaid.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.