A Better Man - Book 2 - Cover

A Better Man - Book 2

Copyright© 2022 by G Younger

Chapter 29

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 29 - David’s first semester at USC is over, and he has learned some hard truths. He needs to accept who he is, which begins with the London World Premier of his James Bond movie. He is famous, and there is nothing he can do to change that. On campus, David vows not to repeat mistakes he made in the past regarding football. He is not going to lie down and let his rival at quarterback beat him out.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Humor   School   Sports   Safe Sex   Slow  

David
The interviews scheduled for the day were with smaller outlets but ones that’d been identified as big influencers on their target markets. The next day would be with the major players.

Their first stop was to see Cassie Krieger of In The Know, a reporter who was followed by a lot of teen girls and young women. The hope was that they would drag their boyfriends to see a romantic comedy after agreeing to see an action movie.

“The studio and Rita James both sent over talking points. Ignore the studio ones, but I promised I would give them to you,” Frank said.

David handed them to Ruth but was curious about what Rita wanted him to say. There was one line.

Since you and Halle are both now single...

David moaned and shook his head ‘no.’ There’d been a time when he might have agreed with her, but after the Lexi and Ben mess ... nope.

“You’ll be interviewing with Cassie first. I understand that Ben and Halle are coming in later,” Frank said as they pulled up.

“Thanks. I’m really not in the mood to meet up with them today,” David admitted as they came to a stop.

He hoped Frank would get the message without his needing to say more. Going into detail on this was not something David was ready to do.

Ruth got out first and went through her security routine. There were some paparazzi lurking, all of whom rushed over when they saw the limo pull up.

David remembered his first Star Academy media tour. While they’d hired cars, he hadn’t rated a limo. He was moving up in the world.

He patiently waited, as Ruth wasn’t as intimidating as some of his previous security people. At least, not until she pulled out a telescoping baton and snapped it open.

“What’s going on?” Frank asked.

“Ruth is letting the stalkerazzi know they have to step back,” David said.

“She almost got that one,” Frank observed.

“If she’d meant to hit him, he’d be on the ground.”

“As much fun as this is, shouldn’t we go in?” Frank asked.

“It’s like she has a lightsaber,” David said as he opened the door.

Typically, while the LA paparazzi were a pain in the butt, they were a manageable pain. Right now, they were acting like they were from the UK. Something had them riled up.

“Step the fuck back!” David barked. “Or she will put you down. I’ve seen her in action, so this is fair warning.”

“More are coming,” Frank warned.

David put his hand on Ruth’s back and pushed her forward. His head of security had previously told him that if a crowd got like this bunch, get out any way you could. Frank grabbed hold of David’s belt, and the three of them pushed their way inside.

“What the hell were you doing out of the car?!” Ruth yelled.

David knew she was right. He should have simply grabbed Ruth and pulled her back into the car once he saw the chaos.

“I give you my solemn word that I will not do that again. Call Fritz and have him send a team,” he said to calm her down.

“Can I make a suggestion?” he continued.

She glared at him.

“Next time, get back in the car. We can either find another door or call in the cavalry.”

“That might have called for an air strike, sir,” Ruth decided.


Cassie: “I want to welcome Academy Award-winning actor David A. Dawson to In The Know.”

David: “Thanks for having me.”

The show followed the expected script before the first commercial break. David chatted about his two movies, and they showed trailers for both. His James Bond movie, Devil May Care, was still in theaters. Cassie allowed him to promote the film and play a clip for that one as well.

When they came back from break, Cassie had a gleam in her eye.

Cassie: “I understand that Ben Cowley and Halle James are in both your new releases. I thought it would be fun to have a talk with all three of you.”

David acted surprised and happy when they both appeared on set. He even hugged them before they joined him on the guest couch.

David: “This is such a pleasant surprise. Our schedules are such that I didn’t think I would get to see them again before the premieres.”

Cassie: “I understand you’re all close friends off the set, too.”

Ben: “I met David when filming the first Star Academy movie. Every time he was able to get back to LA, we would find time to meet up. In fact, he was the one who suggested me for the role in Love Letters.”

Cassie turned to Halle.

Cassie: “I know that you and David dated for a time.”

Halle laughed.

Halle: “I moved halfway across the country to do it. Then he ended up with one of my best friends.”

Cassie: “Was it worth it?”

Halle: “Absolutely. I was young and didn’t really know what I wanted. David is the sweetest guy. At the very least, we became great friends, and having him as a friend is everything.”

Cassie: “That’s high praise. I understand that you also dated Ben. How was he as a boyfriend?”

David didn’t have to think too hard to figure out what was happening here. Isabel had talked to Cassie and fed her information on Ben, and Cassie was walking Halle into a trap. He decided that wouldn’t be good for either of the movies nor any of the actors.

David: “It’s funny how art imitates life and vice versa. Love Letters is about a girl who’s every man’s fantasy. She has a best friend she’s known most of her life, who is always there for her. That is, until he realizes he’s permanently in the friend zone. He goes away, grows up, and returns to win back the girl, only to find she’s infatuated with another man. What’s the poor girl going to do? Go for new and shiny, or the guy she’s known all her life? To find out, check your local listing for the time and place to see Love Letters.”

Halle gave him a sidelong glance that said, ‘Thank you.’

Cassie: “But we were just getting to the juicy stuff...”

David interrupted her with a big grin, like he was in on the secret about to be revealed.

David: “It looks like the cat’s out of the bag. You’re a great reporter because I didn’t find out all the details until this morning. Ben is going to be a daddy.”

Cassie looked startled. It took her a moment to process what David had just said, so David jumped back in.

’Time to nip this in the bud,’ David thought. He was going to make sure Ben and Halle wouldn’t ambush him again.

David: “Ben stole my personal assistant, Lexi Andon, to help him while he’s filming his current project in Paris. I guess it’s true that Paris is one of the most romantic cities in the world because Ben and Lexi fell in love.”

Cassie: “Aren’t you dating Isabel Alexandra?”

Ben: “No. We broke up a month ago.”

David: “There’s more...”

David looked at Ben excitedly.

David: “Is it okay if I share?”

Ben gave David a blank look.

David: “He’s just being secretive, and we can’t have that, can we?”

Cassie: “No, we can’t.”

David: “Ben and Lexi are getting married, and I’m betting Halle will be the maid of honor.”

Cassie: “What?! Really?!”

David: “Well, I may have misspoken, but she should be. Halle’s the one who got them together.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.