Lost & Found - Cover

Lost & Found

Copyright© 2022 by Marc Nobbs

Chapter 3

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Beth has lost the most important person in her life—her baby brother. The one person she wants to comfort her lives three thousand miles and five time zones away. And to cap it all, she's fallen out with her father. Again. Could things possibly get any worse? Written initially for Ruthie's Club and then published by Phaze before their demise.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction  

The next morning Chris breakfasted in the hotel’s restaurant and then borrowed a copy of the yellow pages so he could track down the town’s law firms. There was one in the town square, two in the surrounding streets, and another two further out of town, but in opposite directions. He tried the one on the square first.

“Good morning, sir. How may I help you today?” The receptionist sounded as if helping him was the last thing she wanted. The look on her face told him she had far more important things she could be doing. Chris decided that preparing for her retirement was one of them.

“I’m looking for a lawyer—”

“You come to the right place then. We have plenty.”

“Her name is Elizabeth Burnett.”

“Oh. Well, I’m sure that Mrs Burnett is a fine lawyer, but I’m afraid she doesn’t work here. What sort of help were you after? We have a superb immigration lawyer.”

How dare she, thought Chris. “No, it was a personal matter I had with Miss Burnett. I don’t actually need a lawyer. Immigration specialist or otherwise. Good day.” He turned to walk out of the office.

“I’m sorry we couldn’t be of service. Have a nice day,” the receptionist called after him. It was a shame her tone didn’t carry the same sentiment as her words.

The two firms in the side streets yielded no results either. He had to decide which of the remaining two firms to try first. One was to the west, the same direction as the interstate, the fast-food joints, and the mall. The other was east of the river, in the town’s wealthier district.

He went west first. If it turned out to be the wrong firm, at least he could get something to eat at the mall, safe in the knowledge that his last destination would turn up trumps.


The law firm of Hallsbeck and Johnston occupied a modern, three-story building on Regan Business Park opposite River’s Crossing Mall. The striking modern architecture of the two developments was a stark contrast to the historic town square and its surroundings. An auburn-haired twenty-something sat at the reception desk, which made a change from the old dragons Chris had come up against so far in his search.

“Good morning, sir. How may I help you today?” Her smile was bright and genuine and she sounded as if she actually wanted to help.

“I’m looking for Elizabeth Burnett. I understand she may work here.”

“You mean Beth? Do you have an appointment?”

“No. I’m afraid I don’t.”

“Okay.” The receptionist consulted her computer. “Well, you’re in luck, she has nothing scheduled. I’ll call her and ask if she’s able to see you. Who shall I say is waiting?”

“Tell her ... tell her it’s a friend come to take her for lunch.”

She made the call. “Beth, I have someone to see you. No, it’s not your father. The gentleman says he’s come to take you for lunch. He wouldn’t say. Just said he was a friend. I guess he’s trying to surprise you. He’s kinda cute, if that helps. Okay, I’ll tell him.” She put the phone down and looked up. “Beth will be along in just a minute. Why don’t you take a seat while you wait?”

Chris sat, picked up the local newspaper and flicked through it. He couldn’t find anything interesting in it so he put it down again.

“You have an accent,” the receptionist said.

Chris shuffled in his seat. “Yes.”

“Where are you from?”

“London. Originally.”

“In England?”

“It was the last time I checked.”

Beth’s arrival put a halt to the grilling. She stopped in her tracks when she saw him and brought her hands to her gaping mouth. “It can’t be. It just can’t be. It is. Isn’t it? Chris! Oh my God! Chris, is that you? Is it really you?”

Chris’s heartbeat raced. It was her. She looked as good as her pictures suggested—better even. He took a deep breath to compose himself, then nodded and stood. “In the flesh.”

“Oh, my God! It is, isn’t it?” She squealed, rushed over, and flung her arms around him. “When did you...? What are you doing here?”

“You said you needed a hug.” His heart was beating so hard and so fast, it felt like it might burst through his ribcage. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close.

“Oh, God, yes.” She hugged him tighter. “I’ve been looking for you online. I didn’t hear from you until late yesterday and it was such a short message, barely two lines. And then nothing again today. I thought I’d done something to upset you. Oh, God. I can’t believe you’re here.”

She hugged him again and her breasts pressed against his body. He could feel her hard nipples on his chest. His cock responded. It had been a long time since he’d been this close to a woman he wasn’t related to. He held her tight, not wanting to let go. He could sense her relief. Her perfume filled his nostrils—vanilla and wild roses. He stroked the back of her head. “Like I said, you needed a hug.”

She pulled away from him and held his hands. Chris didn’t want to let go. He got the sense that she didn’t either. “Give me a sec to get my purse and clear my desk. Then we can get a bite to eat and talk—in private.” She glanced at the receptionist and turned to leave. Beth stopped and looked back at him with a big smile on her face. “I can’t believe you’re here,” she said before rushing out of reception.

While he waited, the receptionist tried to strike up a conversation again. “So, you came all this way just to give Beth a hug, huh?”

Chris nodded.

“That’s sweet. You do this sort of thing a lot?”

He shook his head.

“How do you know her? The Internet?”

Another nod.

“Say, you got any friends you could introduce me to?”

Another shake.

“You don’t say much, do you?”

“Not if I have nothing to say, no.”

Beth again rescued him from the interrogation. They left the office, crossed the parking lot, and arrived at the main road between the business park and the mall. Cars swept past them at an alarming speed.

“How fast are they going?”

“Fifty-Five or so I’d guess. You sound scared.” Beth sounded amused.

“I’m used to London traffic, remember. The cars there don’t get above five miles an hour most of the time.”

“Stop worrying. I cross this road every day. Besides, it’s illegal to hit a pedestrian.”

“Yeah, right. That makes me feel so much better. Back home it’s illegal to drive while using your mobile phone, but that doesn’t stop anybody. Still, at least I know that if I get smeared all over the road, the driver’s going to jail.”

“Actually, they get away with a heavy fine most times.” She chuckled and took his hand in hers. Chris felt a shiver ripple down his back.

She waited for a gap in the traffic and dragged him across to safety. She didn’t relinquish his hand when they got to the other side, or as they crossed the mall’s parking lot. Instead, she pulled him close and slipped her arm around his waist. It felt like the most natural thing in the world—as though they did it all the time. He slipped an arm around her shoulders and hugged her as they walked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.