On Gossamer Wings - Cover

On Gossamer Wings

by running light

Copyright© 2024 by running light

Romantic Story: Old school buddies meet. No explicit sex.

Tags: Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

As you can guess from the title, this story is inspired by Cole Porter’s 1935 song, The lines at the end of the story are taken from the song. “Painting the town” does not seem to be the style of the story’s characters. Cole wasn’t thinking about Jo and Andy.


We looked at each other questioningly and then looked at our name tags.

“Jo!”

“Andy!”

And we hugged. Immediately I started to get an erection. I quickly tried to break the embrace, but Jo held on a few seconds.

We were buddies without any romantic connections in high school. We were studious outcasts from the popular group; neither of us were particularly attractive or had any of the other attributes that made a student popular. We were just brainy.

I stepped back an examined Jo. My middle-aged eyes saw a beautiful woman. She had put on some flesh and her hips were wider; she looked wonderful in her pants suit. Now, I’ve been teased by my kids for my “dad bod.” Jo had a great “mom bod.”

We haven’t seen each other since graduation when she left for Michigan and I went to M.I.T. We both studied electrical engineering.

I offered, “Let’s go and have a drink together and catch up.”

“Great, but I don’t like bars. How about a coffee shop?”

She lived near Houston and was working for NASA; I lived near Boston and was working for a startup. She’s married and has two teens; me, too.

After a while, she suddenly erupted angrily, “We were so fucking stupid. We wasted four fucking years solving differential equations together when we could have been actually fucking each other’s eyeballs out. I was so fucking horny!”

I almost fell off my chair. “Oh, I was, too. I wanted to make the move, but I was scared. I didn’t want to endanger our trusting relationship.”

“Me, too. I also felt that sex and romance were only for the hot kids. I’ve always regretted that we didn’t hook up.”

“In fact, I still think about it a lot, too. When I saw you, I got so excited.”

She laughed. “I know. You poked me a little.”

“Oh, God, I’m so sorry!”

“Don’t. You wet my pussy, too.”

After a long pause, I replied sadly, “It’s too late. I’m married and love my wife. I’ve never cheated. I’ve got kids. What can we do?”

“We can go up to my room and discuss it.”

...

So goodbye, dear, and amen

Here’s hoping we’ll meet now and then

It was great fun

But it was just one of those things

...

Ohhhhh. What could have been!

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.