Miki and Me - Cover

Miki and Me

Copyright© 2021 by Megumi Kashuahara

Chapter 16

AUTHOR’S NOTE

Certain opinions are expressed in this chapter regarding homosexuality. They are the opinions of fictional characters that have prevailing attitudes because of culture and are simply part of the story. Please do not assume that these are necessarily the opinions of the author

Sunny had spent the night at Miki’s and Bye Bin sat at the kitchen table stewing over having to call her older sister. Lee Hye Bin was a menopause baby, born to her parents when her mom was almost fifty. Both of her parents had now passed away and her older sister, her eonni [on-NEE]; very respectful honorific for Older Sister], Lee Bon Hwa, was now the matriarch and eldest of the siblings at sixty-four. She was very conservative and still wore the traditional Korean dress called a hanbok instead of western clothes. Hye Bin was terrified to make the call, afraid of what she or other family members might say about Sunny being a lesbian. Hye Bin had felt the same way about homosexuality just four months ago, but her acceptance of her daughter’s sexual preference was restricted. She despised the open, overt, and militant branch of the female gay community, but now understands how people who do not flaunt their sexuality seem just as normal as heterosexuals. She also could not accept a woman dressing, acting, and flaunting a male persona, commonly called a butch. Regardless of how she felt, she, like all parents’ are of the opinion that you can say anything you wish to or about them, but the moment you call my child a derogatory name or term, those are “fightin’ words.” That’s what Hye Bin feared the most. Someone saying something derogatory about Sunny, and her definite strong reaction defending her daughter’s character.

She sat silently weeping while she pondered this over a cup of coffee. She stared at her cell phone sitting next to her coffee cup for a long moment. She thought to herself well, sitting here crying won’t get it done. Just do it.

He picked up the phone and pressed #2 and held it for the speed dial for her sister. Bo Hwa answered on the third ring, “Good Morning yeodongsaeng [yo-dong- SING; honorific for younger sister]. How have you been?”

“Good Morning Eonni [on-NEE]. To be completely honest, stressed out, but otherwise I am well. And you?”

“My arthritis is acting up, but I’m fine overall. How’s Sun Yoo?”

“She is fine and doing quite well. I’m sure you know why I’m calling, and yes, this call is about Sun Yoo. You may have already heard from Lee Ju Jin [Jenny], my daughter has come out as a lesbian. She will be getting married on November 13th, and I would like to speak with you about supporting her and sharing this momentous day with her by attending her wedding.”

“How is Sun Yoo? From what I’ve heard, she is very vocal about the topic.”

“Eonni, Sun Yoo is still Sun Yoo. That same girl you’ve seen grow up and have loved. She doesn’t flaunt her sexuality, but she doesn’t hide it either. She is still the “Sunny” we all love and adore. She’s honest to a fault ―first with herself and with others, she’s moral, ethical, and empathetic.

“Although I have come to understand her better, like all people who are heterosexual, I find aspects of it hard to grasp. But then, she told me that during her entire life, not one boy ever approached her or showed any interest in her romantically. Even a puppy dog kind of love or infatuation, and, at the same time, she has never, and she can’t understand why because she has no prejudice against boys, ever been attracted to a boy, not even an infatuation. It never bothered her because she wasn’t looking to get involved in a one-on-one relationship with anyone because she was focused on other things in her life.

“Sun Yoo has fallen in love with a girl who is two years younger than her. This girl has Duchene Muscular Dystrophy and is bound to a wheelchair. She’s the same Sun Yoo who believes that a girl like Miki deserves to be loved for who she is and loves her for herself, not seeing a handicap or the wheelchair. Sun Yoo is the same girl who, for the sake of love, is willing to embrace the pain of knowing that she will be a widow by the time she is twenty-seven because her spouse won’t live to see age twenty-five.

“Eonni, Sun Yoo is still the Sun Yoo she has always been. She doesn’t flaunt or promote her sexuality; she has simply accepted who she truly believes she is. Like she tells people, ‘I am who I am, and I can live with that.’ Sun Yoo has the strength and gift to selflessly love another at the cost of everything, embracing the pain she knows loving this person will bring. I love my daughter and will always love and support her because of who she is. And I can proudly say, Eonni, Sun Yoo is a better woman than I.”

“Hye Bin, you have always been such a shy, quiet woman. But just now, you showed yourself to be very eloquent and passionate. You are right. When I first heard of Sun Yoo being gay, I had these visions of her being like those distasteful women who try to act like a man. And one’s mind wanders to think of all sorts of perverted acts. What you have just said has really touched my heart. Yes, we have loved Sun Yoo, or as we have come to affectionately know her as Sunny because she is such a happy child. Happy with life and happy with herself. And yes, she is all those things you said she is. She’s honest to a fault, moral, ethical, an empathetic and caring girl who has a capacity to love others. She’s shown this throughout her life.

“I am very surprised to hear that not one single boy has ever approached her or shown any interest in her. By anyone’s standards, she is a very pretty girl, bordering on beautiful, in my opinion. It’s just hard to fathom no male ever showing any interest in her. What is most surprising to me is why Park Ji Hon [Jimmy] has never expressed his feelings for her all these years.”

“Ji Hon? What are you talking about?”

“Those two have grown up together and he has carried a torch for her ever since she entered puberty.”

“But they’re cousins. Nothing could ever come of it even if he did express his feelings to her.”

“Jamae [TSAW-may; sister], they are second cousins. If they fell in love, they could legally marry in every country in the world.”

Shaking her head, Hye Bin replied, “No one ever knew. I think Sunny has always loved and thought of him as an older brother. If she had thought he had any romantic feelings towards her, who knows how things would have turned out.”

“In any event, Hye Bin, like you, I have seriously pondered how I feel about Sun Yoo’s life choices and what my response is to them. I have come to the conclusion that Sunny is all those things she has always been, and they’re things we all love about her. I have decided to attend my niece’s wedding. I have heard from Ji Hon that you need a guest list. I’m sure you already have everyone’s address, but I’ve made the list of those who are attending and will email you the names and addresses.”

“Who has chosen to attend?”

“Well, there’s me, our sister Lee Bo Yung, Park Ji Hon [Jimmy], his sister Angela, their mother Lee Jun Hye, and Park Ju Jin [Jenny]. If you notice, besides Jimmy, all are women. The men refuse to go. I’m sorry.”

“Eonni, I am so very grateful all of you have chosen to show Sun Yoo your love for her by attending her wedding. She will be overjoyed! She was hoping that you, her favorite aunt, could see her walking down the aisle.”

“Are you walking her down the aisle?”

“Yes. With her father gone, she and I have become extremely close, and I feel both the right and the privilege to give her away. Eonni, I can’t wait for you to see her rings and gown. They’re both simply gorgeous. She truly looks beautiful in her gown.”

“Hye Bin, I’m sure she does. Now, stop stressing and do what you need to do to prepare for the big day. I need to go. I’m old and have an acupuncture appointment with Dr. Kim. I’ll talk to you soon.”

“Thank you, Eonni, thank you for all your support.”

“You’re quite welcome. Now, I really do need to go. I’m running late as it is.”

“Okay, goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

As soon as she’d hung up with her sister, Hye Bin speed dialed Sunny. “Hi, Mom, what’s up?”

“I just spoke to your Aunt Lee Bon Hwa. She is coming to your wedding. So is my sister Lee Bo Yung, Jimmy, Angela, and their mom along with little Jenny. That’s six from our family that will be there. She’ll email me the address list today. She has an acupuncture appointment, so I’ll probably get it this afternoon or evening. Make sure you put all of them at one table at the reception.”

“Oh Mom, that’s fantastic! I’m so happy! So, how was it? Were you scared?”

“Terrified. She was a little formal, but not overly. She loves you dearly. But ... I have a question. What do you know about Jimmy’s feelings for you?”

“Mom, I just found out at our dinner that night that he has had romantic feelings and hopes for me that I never knew or that he ever expressed. I didn’t mention it to you because now, it’s a moot point. I am marrying Miki and I still love Jimmy very much in a familial way. He knows and understands and accepts that, and still agrees to father our baby. I told him that his revelation made me very happy. Now I know that at least one man in the world thought I was worth pursuing.”

Hye Bin agreed and replied, “Funny how life works out, isn’t it?”

“Uh huh, I’ll be home in about twenty minutes. You and I have to get ready for our private swim party.”

“Sunny, why don’t you call Stacy and her girlfriend to come?” I know it’s short notice, but maybe they can make it.”

“That’s a great idea, Mom. I’ll do that! I’ll be home in about ten minutes. Bye now.”

Click.

When Sunny arrived home and her and her mom were getting things together for the pool party, Sunny said, “Your idea was great! I called Stacy and she said that she and Emmy were thinking of somewhere to go today, since it’s so beautiful out. So, they’ll be coming. Also, Miki said her and Hassiba might want to go skinny dipping; her mom said she’d seriously think about it. You should get a little wild and crazy.”

“Surely you aren’t talking to Moi. You should know me well enough to know I am a conservative, Victorian, and prudish Korean woman. Skinny dipping is not in my vocabulary.”

“Come on, Mom. The pool is indoors, so no one will ever see you.”

“You, Miki, Stacy and ... what’s her name? Emmy and Silvia can see me. That’s enough. The Chinese have a proverb that says, ‘If you don’t want anyone to find out what you’re doing, don’t do it.’”

“Well, we may just need to throw you into the pool and get you nekkid by force.”

“I can read the headlines now. Middle-aged Korean woman drowned trying to fend off a rape attempt by a crazed lesbian gang.”

“Oh Boy! That’s an inflammable, prejudicial remark if I ever heard one. What gang?”

“I would call five like-minded young lesbian girls a gang.”

“Hmm, my feelings are hurt.”

“If the shoe fits wear it.”

“Shucks, and I thought you were more progressive than that.”

“I’m taking baby steps, dear, not giant leaps like Neil Armstrong.”

“Mom, come on now. You’ve got a great figure. I mean, what do you weigh? About 115?

“Higher.”

“120?”

A little higher.”

“125?”

“Close enough. 126.”

“See? I knew you were slim and trim.”

“Shut up. I will not be going swimming in my birthday suit.”

‘Well, you’d better bring another change of clothes cause you’re going into pool ― kicking and screaming if need be. It’s indoors, so no one will hear you.”

“On second thought, I’ve got things to do today, I need to compile the guest list. I’ll stay home.”

“Mom, this could get ugly, you know.”

“Are you threatening me, child?”

“No Ma’am. I’m promising you. You forget I can press 205 pounds.”

“I can’t go, really. And I can’t go naked. My pubic hair is like the Amazon forest.”

“Wow, I never would have guessed. But, no problem, Mom, Let’s go tidy up the jade garden.”

“How did you hear that term? That’s from an ancient Chinese erotic novel. What have you been reading?”

‘You’d be surprised at how varied my education is. Come on, I’ll give you a nice landing strip right down the center.”

“You’ll do no such thing.”

“Come on. I’ll just trim you up nice and neat.” If she lets me do this, I think I can get her into that pool naked.

Hye Bin was doing some thinking of her own... part of me wants to be that adventurous, but I can’t ... I simply can’t. I hope Sunny will understand that I too am who I am...

Hye Bin told her daughter, “Sunny I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong with nude swimming, but like you have said many times, ‘you are who you are.’ I too am who I am. I cannot find it in me to do it. You may think me a prude or archaic. But I just don’t have the courage to be that adventurous.”

Sunny could see her mom was near tears and went and hugged her saying, “Mom, it really doesn’t matter to me if you do, or you don’t. I love you with all my heart. When you are old, and I need to change your poopy diapers and wipe your stinking butt, I will, and I’ll do it happily and with joy.”

Changing gears, Sunny said, “Let’s do this. If you want me to trim you or remove your Amazon forest, let’s do it. If you go swimming au naturale or not it will be your choice. Take your suit, but at least think about it and see what Ms. Silvia does. Maybe she won’t do it either.”

“Alright then. I’ll think about it. But ... would you, you know ... my...”

“Yes, Mom, I’ll do it for you. What do you want: a simple trim around the edges, or are we going to go Brazilian?”

“Brazilian? What’s that?”

“Smooth as a baby’s behind.”

“Could we try that ― just once?”

“Sure, Mom! One Brazilian coming up!”

They decided to do it on Hye Bin’s bed. They laid a bath towel down and Sunny retrieved the scissors and razor along with a jar of sugar wax.

Hye Bin lay there with her legs barely open, covered with a towel. Sunny plugged in the electric trimmers and put it on the bed next to her mom. When Sunny was ready to begin, she reached for the towel, but Hye Bin clung to it for dear life. Sunny laughed and said, “Come on, Mom. It’s just you and me here.”

“Yeah, but you’re going to see my ... my...”

“Your pussy?”

“Sun Yoo! That was naughty! How could you use that word with your mother!?”

“X-cuuse me, Mother! I’m sorry, your vulva. Geez, you really are a repressed, Victorian, prudish Korean woman!”

“Hey, I take offense at that! I resemble that remark.”

“Okay, Mom, I have the same exact equipment that you and every woman since Eve has had. I can get all scientifically technical with you. For example: most of your hair is most likely located on your mons veneris and pubes. Of course, if you are extremely hirsute, then your labia majora, perineum and sphincteric areas may also be covered.

“Okay, smart Alec, I get your point. I’m just not used to being this intimate with my daughter.”

Intimate!? Gee golly whiz, Mom, we’re only clearing away the forest, not getting ready for any wild lezzie monkey sex.”

‘Wild lezzie what????

“Forget it, Mom. It’s an inside joke.”

“Let me up. I knew this was a bad idea. What in the world was I thinking?”

“Whoa there, Nellie. Hold the phone. Don’t go getting’ your panties in a bunch.”

“That’s the problem. I’m not wearing any panties.”

“Muth-er, we are both adults here. We should be able to conduct some simple feminine hygiene without a lot of hoopla, don’t you think?

Frustrated, Hye Bin yanked the towel away in resignation and said, “Okay here. Just do it. If I’m going to do this, do it all the way. I’ll probably regret it, but what the hell.”

Sunny looked at her mom’s vulva and said, “Wow, Mom. Now I know why mine doesn’t have any hair cause you’ve got it all!”

“What, you don’t have any pubic hair?”

Pulling down her shorts, Sunny said, “Look, see? Hardly any at all. I must take after Dad. He never had much hair, even for a man.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.