Variation on a Theme, Book 2 - Cover

Variation on a Theme, Book 2

Copyright© 2021 by Grey Wolf

Chapter 77: Clearing The Air

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 77: Clearing The Air - It's been just over a year since Steve found himself 14 again, with a sister he never had and a life open to possibilities. A year filled with change, love, loss, happiness, heartache, friends, family, challenges, and success. Sophomore year brings new friends, new romances, new challenges. What surprises and adventures await Steve and Angie and their friends?

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   School   DoOver   Spanking   Oriental Female   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Slow  

Saturday, April 3, 1982

 

Our phone rang as I was wrapping up some Algebra II homework. I picked up. “Hello?”

“Steve!” Megan’s voice did not sound happy.

“What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong is Cindy fucking Baird! I found out last night that she’d called my parents and tried to convince them that I was being suckered by some awful guy who’d be all two-faced and hurt me. They didn’t believe it, but that’s part of why they really wanted to meet you. You really impressed them. They felt bad about believing her. She’d portrayed herself as being a close friend to me until you ‘led me astray.’ They knew too much for it to be plausible, but still. They told me because they were so happy I was happy and said they were glad they didn’t call it off! And they didn’t tell me before the dance because they knew how upset I’d get.”

“Ugh. Well, that really sucks.”

“I am just livid! But I wanted to let you know because, now that it hasn’t worked with me, she might go after you.”

“Yeah. I need to figure out what to do. Thanks for calling! I really appreciate it!”

“I will kill her, I swear! Bare-handed!”

“She’s not worth it. Really.”

“I’m just so, so mad. I’ll calm down by Monday. Unless I don’t!”

“Thanks, and try to calm down.”

“I will!”

 

I went over to Angie’s room, watching her practice her piano a bit before she noticed me. She pulled her headphones off. “What’s up?”

“Megan called. Cindy apparently called her parents a while ago trying to stir up trouble. That’s why they wanted the longer parental meeting.”

Angie bit her lip. “So, she might...”

“Yeah. I’m going to have to talk to Mom and Dad.”

“It was likely to happen, sooner or later.”

“It was. Fortunately, they like Jasmine, all my ducks are in a row otherwise, and ... there’s not a lot they can really hang their hat on. I’d rather it’d waited, but...”

“Yeah. It’s not waiting.”


An hour later, after thinking it through, I headed to the living room, where Dad was reading a book. He looked up. “What’s up, son?”

“I’ve got some things I need to talk about with you and Mom.”

“I get the feeling they’re serious? Something we might not like?”

“Serious, yes. Like? Maybe not, but I think you’ll understand.” He nodded. “I’ll go get Mom.”

I found her in the kitchen. “What’s up, honey?” Obviously my face was showing my nerves.

“I’ve got some things to talk to you and Dad about. I already alerted him and told him I’d get you.”

“Oh! Just a minute.” She put a couple things away, then followed me to the living room. I sat on the couch; they sat in their favorite chairs.

“What’s up, Steve?” Dad asked.

“A couple things. I’m going to preface this by saying something I think is obvious. I’m considerably less conservative than you are.” They both nodded. “I don’t think that’s a bad thing, for me, but I know you’d rather it were different. That said, I try to be moral and ethical and do what I think is right. It’s just that I have a different take on things.”

Mom nodded. “I know the world is changing. I don’t like it all the time, but I certainly don’t want to be your Aunt Helen either.”

Dad rolled his eyes. “No, definitely not.”

“So, there are two things that I should mention, really. And ... well. You’ve trusted me to make a lot of my own decisions and I think things have worked out well. I’m not about to tell you anything that would change that.”

They nodded.

“The first thing is, my relationship with Jasmine is different than most people’s. I know you were curious about Sadie Hawkins, but that’s just a dance, right? People go with other people and it’s fine. And that’s true; Angie did that. But for Jasmine and me it’s a bit more ... complex. To give an example, two of the other girls in Drama give me hugs and kisses occasionally. That’s something that’s okay with Jasmine. It’s something we talked about before we started going out at all. You could say, to borrow words we don’t really use now, that we’re not ‘going steady’, but really, we are.”

They both nodded. Dad bit his lip a second. “I can’t say that I understand why she’d be okay with that, but ... I like Jasmine. I do. She’s a nice girl, and very smart. I think I can say that ... well...”

Mom stepped in. “I know girls! If you were doing something she didn’t like, she’d land on you like a ton of bricks. And if she’s not, I’m not sure how we can say that we know better than she does.” She hesitated. Quite a bit. It was obvious she was going to go on, so I waited. I’d learned a lot about conversations by watching Mom wait people out. It served her well, and me, too.

Finally, she did. “I have to admit, I was really, really unsure whether it was okay for you or Angie to date. Fifteen! Sam and I talked a lot about that, and he reminded me that a lot of what Tim and Ryan did at fifteen wasn’t any different, and, honestly, was just as unsupervised. Really, more. Sure, the dances were closely chaperoned, but we lived a long walk from the school, past parks and wooded areas and ... well ... if a couple wanted to get out of sight, they could. Anyway ... the proof really is in the pudding. If you were being a jerk, many people would call you on it. Angie wouldn’t put up with it, I’m sure, nor would your other friends.”

I nodded. “Exactly. But I wouldn’t put up with it, either. I’m better than that.”

Dad bit his lip again. “You’ve matured enormously these past two years. Enormously. So has Angie. I think ... you two have been wonderful for each other. And part of it is that neither of you lets the other get away with being immature for very long.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true.”

Mom finally made herself say what she was thinking. “Okay. Fine. I can’t ... I’m going to ask. Steve, have you...?” She was a bit red.

“I’m pretty sure I know what you’re asking.” She nodded. “The answer is ... that I’m not going to answer that. Maybe that’s an answer, but if I give any other answer ... well, shouldn’t what you’re asking be private? I certainly think it should.”

Mom blushed a bit more. “It’s an answer. But ... it’s also a good answer. I ... uh...”

Dad smiled softly, something passing between them.

Mom hesitated. “I can’t exactly say ... well, I don’t know what I can say. Obviously ... well. You’re right. You can’t answer that because the next question would be obvious. And the next one. And those answers would be ... disrespectful. But, still...”

This time I could answer without waiting. I nodded. “I thought this might come up. And ... well. Let’s just say anyone for whom it might matter remembers the dos and don’ts and won’t get in any trouble. And, on the main point, I ... I’ve suspected you’ve been wondering.”

She laughed, softly. “For quite a while. Yes. Too many girls! But they’re all such nice girls. I really liked Nancy. Candice is wonderful, and you moved heaven and earth for her when you needed to. If you and she hadn’t been close, there wouldn’t be a Candice. I like Jasmine, quite a bit. She’s the best of the three, I think, and that’s thinking the others were great. I just can’t ... well. I can’t say I completely condone it, but I guess that’s all I can say. I’d be crazy if I tried to close the barn door now, especially since there’d be no way to do it that wouldn’t impact every single thing you’re doing. And doing well at. And that I want you to do well at!”

Dad shifted. “So, is that...?”

“There’s one other thing. It’s maybe less personal, and maybe not. Another thing the church doesn’t approve of, but I personally don’t object to.”

He nodded.

“I’ll just be blunt. I have friends who are gay. One of them is very, very open about it. It doesn’t bother me in the least, but it bothers other people.”

Mom blushed a bit. Dad nodded. Then he looked at Mom, who blushed a bit more.

She finally spoke. “I um ... I knew that. At least about Lizzie Vinton. I’ve known that for almost a year. One of the other moms asked if it worried me that there was someone like that in Debate, especially if Angie was going to join. I ... it’s not ... I guess it’s another thing I can’t completely condone, but...”

Dad was obviously surprised. “I didn’t know, but I think ... I think what you’re saying is that you can’t condone it for yourself, but it’s not your choice to make, it’s this girl — Lizzie’s — choice. Right?”

Mom nodded. “I believe it’s not a good choice. But I also think God lets people choose and it’s not our place to condemn them.”

“And, for me ... well, this is me being more liberal. I don’t think it’s a choice for most people. I don’t understand why someone would make a conscious choice to do something that would subject them to constant taunting and threats and put-downs. But if I assume, for the purpose of argument, that it’s a choice, I agree, it’s still something that’s between them and God.”

Dad nodded. “I guess I’m the same way. I don’t approve, but I’ve known a couple of people, and they’re good people. And I don’t think people should be treated badly because of that.”

Mom looked at me. “More than Lizzie?”

“I made that obvious, didn’t I? But I can’t tell you who. I can only mention Lizzie because she lets people know.”

Dad chuckled softly. “You live a very... busy ... life, Steve. No question about that.”

“I do. The thing is ... well ... I’m who I am very much because of the two of you. Even if I’m more liberal, it’s because you’ve both always been willing to listen and discuss, not just find a Bible passage and dismiss anything that doesn’t fit. Of course, now I’d add Angie to the people who’ve influenced me, and then my closest friends. But it starts with you both. I don’t want you to disappoint either of you.”

Mom teared up, suddenly. “I don’t think you would, honey. Really, I don’t. I’m not sure you could. I don’t know that that’s you. I can’t say I’m ... well, overjoyed ... at some of this. But it’s not a disappointment. You’re growing up and making some tough decisions, and I ... I can’t argue with the results.”

Dad smiled, nodding. “I can’t either. Honestly, the last time I can remember really being disappointed was...”

Mom jumped in. “When you hit your head. That disappointed us both. But that was the last time, I think.”

“I disappointed myself that time. It was stupid and dangerous.”

Mom blinked. “Okay, so, I have to assume that Angie knows all of this. I mean, obviously she knows about Lizzie. She knows how things are with you and Jasmine?”

“Of course, Mom.”

“Good. Angie disappointed me badly last year — you know when — but then she turned over a new leaf just as thoroughly as you did. You two have proved again and again how mature and trustworthy you are since then.”

Dad said, “Definitely. We really couldn’t ask for better children. We just couldn’t. We could, say, have children that were more faithful, or whatever, but ... you’re both just wonderful.”

“We’re a wonderful family. We always were, but Angie just multiplied that.”

Mom shifted and gave me a little grin. “I have to ask if there’s a reason this is coming up today.”

“There is. I’m not going to pretend that I wasn’t very nervous about this. That’s obvious.” They both nodded. “I’d have preferred to wait. I could have made some arguments about, say, being sixteen or whatever. Not that a mark on a calendar defines maturity, but people used to see ages differently than now.”

“Definitely,” Mom said. “A lot of kids married before they finished high school back in my day. Or got married and dropped out. And it was even more so when my dad was young.”

“Yeah. In any case, a girl in Debate named Cindy Baird has been very, very upset with almost all of us recently. Her church is a considerably different denomination but right up there with Aunt Helen’s, maybe even more so, and she feels that everyone who’s not following the same precepts she does is wrong. She apparently called Megan’s parents and bad-mouthed me. I just found out today that’s why they really wanted to meet me; it was too inconsistent with everything else they knew. I wouldn’t be surprised if she makes more trouble.”

“What’s this coming from?” Dad said.

“It’s been coming on for a while. The most recent trigger is that she and Megan sat at the same table for most of the year. They weren’t friends, but they were acquaintances on reasonably good terms. Then ... well, Cindy was running for the same office as Megan in the student council election, and...”

Mom chuckled a bit. “That right there would do it. Holier-than-thou, plus a catfight. Something to steer very, very clear of!”

“I don’t care at all about what she might say about me. I can take it. Thanks to Jessica, I’ve been a fixture in school gossip for a month now. It’s totally startled me! But I don’t want her making life rough for anyone else, and I didn’t want news about me coming from someone else. Though I guess you already suspected quite a bit of my news.”

Mom shook her head. “For all I knew, you didn’t even like Lizzie Vinton. I don’t know! I mean, I was pretty sure you did — you seem to like everyone — but it could have been. It’s different when you’re clear that she’s a friend.”

“She’s a friend. She’s an incredible person, and very, very brave. She’s been laughed at and mocked and called names for two and a half years. I know people have literally spat upon her. Last Wednesday she stood in front of three-quarters of the school and calmly spoke about why she wanted to be Student Council Secretary and asked people to vote for her, and on Thursday, people did.”

“That is brave. I agree,” Dad said. He shifted a bit. “The world is changing. I’m not going to change as fast as it is...”

“And I won’t either!” Mom said.

“ ... but I’ll meet it partway. I think people should live their own lives as much as they reasonably can. I’d like it if everyone did what I thought was right, but I know billions of other people believe something else and would like it if I did what they think is right. There’s room for all of us.”

“There is,” Mom said. “Also, Angie, you can come out now. I know you’ve been listening!”

Angie appeared, sheepish and blushing. “Sorry, Mom!”

“Of course you were, dear. I know you’re thick as thieves with Steve. And pretty much I like it. You’re good influences on each other.”

“Thanks, Mom!”

Dad smiled. “Any more serious topics?”

“Not from me. Ang?”

“No. Not from me, either!”

“Good. Because I’m hungry! Lunchtime!”


The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.