Widowed Waif Wages - Cover

Widowed Waif Wages

Copyright© 2021 by Yob

Chapter 7: Heart of Bone

Elaine’s case is hopeless I fear. She’s so self-absorbed, she’ll never know guilt and remorse, they may be impossible for her to experience. I’m dedicated to her cause. She’s going to learn to feel guilt and remorse if I have to kill her trying to teach her. It’s a strange and curious race, I’m reluctant to wager on. Will Elaine develop a conscience before Joey develops a conscious? Before I torture the life out of her trying to beat sense into her? Which of their two souls is deader? What’s happening with my soul in the interim? Am I learning to be sadistic as Elaine claims I’ve become?

Elaine can’t be let out of her dungeon even to visit the arboretum where she set up her laboratory. Too much risk she’ll be seen by someone, and one person would be too many. Elaine must be kept secret. None may know she remains on the island, except me.

Offering to relocate her entire collections of chemistry apparatus and jars from the arboretum to the dungeon infuriated her. Just as I suspected, she had some ulterior motives for visiting the arboretum. Nothing else adequately explains her frustration and fury when her plans were thwarted.

After she calmed down, she asked for Internet access but I can’t allow that. It is simpler to pass her a phone to call 911 with. That’s not happening either. Elaine complains I’m forcing her to experiment using only thought experiments. To do it inside her head, she needs ideas and information instead of potions to filter and mix together.

Sort of makes sense, so I offer to research the Internet for Witch Elaine. A tedious boring mistake, comparing different translations of the same passages of many scriptures. Example: Ecclesiastes 11:5

As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with a child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.

Just as you don’t know how the breath of life enters the limbs of a child within its mother’s womb, you also don’t understand how God, who made everything, works.

Just as you don’t know how the breath of life enters the limbs of a child within its mother’s womb, you also don’t understand how Elohim, who made everything, works.

Just as you do not know how the life breath enters the human frame in the mother’s womb, So you do not know the work of God, who is working in everything.

Just as you do not know how the breath comes to the bones in the mother’s womb, so you do not know the work of God, who makes everything.

As you do not know how the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with a child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.

Just as you do not know how the spirit passes into the bones in the womb of a pregnant woman, so you do not know the work of God who makes all things.

Elaine laughed when I asked if she was getting religion, so I swiped one of her water bottles. Many inmates in prisons do claim to find God while incarcerated. It was a rational question to ask. I hate being laughed at. Keep laughing bitch, I’ll cut off all your water. Witch Elaine taking an interest in the Bible makes no sense at all until she explains it’s a Jewish Grimoire.

From Wikipedia

“A grimoire (/ɡrɪmˈwɑːr/ grim-WAHR) (also known as a “book of spells”) is a textbook of magic, typically including instructions on how to create magical objects like talismans and amulets, how to perform magical spells, charms, and divination, and how to summon or invoke supernatural entities such as angels, spirits,...”

The Hebrew scriptures are books of ancient lore and wisdom, full of occult and arcane knowledge. Filled with stories about demons and witches, sorcerers, and dreams. Qohelet, (Preacher), is the Hebrew name for Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament and this passage answers an ancient question people are struggling with even today? When is a baby a living soul? Scientists speculate where the soul resides if it exists. In the brain? A function of the brain?

Ecclesiastes answers both controversies about when and where the spirit enters the fetus. With the formation of bones and there it resides thereafter. Why is this of any interest to Elaine? She isn’t interested in abortion issues.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.