Widowed Waif Wages - Cover

Widowed Waif Wages

Copyright© 2021 by Yob

Chapter 6: Reorganization

Unarguably, Leticia is not only the best qualified, she is supremely qualified to lead. If you doubt that leaders lead, you aren’t very observant. Leticia naturally arises on every occasion. Appointing or electing a leader is superfluous when already in charge, one exists.

“Ladies? It’s the appointed time, please take your seats. Some of you know Joey’s official wife, and for others, this will be the first meeting. Let’s put a good face on it, and smile. Warmly welcome Joey’s bride, Georgia, the lady controlling the purse strings. On-screen please.”

“Hello, ladies. Oh, very nice, I see some familiar faces. Lilli, Gail, Cindy, Gladys, Lauren, it’s nice to see you all participating. Lauren? Please introduce the other ladies if they’ll raise a hand when being identified? Introducing myself, I’m Joey’s wife, Georgia in Florida.”

“I’ll respond hon, it’s my call. You won’t mind, Lauren? I’m Leticia and I organized this video call. Remember me Georgia? We briefly talked by phone recently? If you refuse to grant us status as wives, then I claim a superior status. Chief among the women your husband preferred over his wife. I’m first among Joey’s island mistresses and undisputed Mistress of the Manor estate. I’m surprised you appear shocked. I demand an answer to why. Resentful I’m in charge or appalled that I’m black? How you choose to answer is important. Island courts are strongly biased in favor of us islanders. I’m not going to take any shit off a snot-nosed uppity redneck teenage Florida cracker too young to even vote! Now, blow your nose, hon, and dry your eyes and let’s be friends. My purpose in calling you is to explain Joey’s unfortunate health condition and the dire financial situation he’s facing. Hopefully, we can coordinate joint efforts towards finding solutions. Can you be an asset, or are we wasting money and our time even talking with you?”

“Not shocking, you amuse me a little Toots, or tush. Tish? Whatever diminutive Joey called you in vain. Can’t hide you, you’re huge! I won’t say a huge what. Lotta poor mouth I’ll say, for one thing.

Lauren? I AM surprised at you! Did you go and leave your balls here? Forgot to pack them? You’re outmatched there and I need you here. Pack, you’re coming home. Any women visiting from Florida and not essential there, bring home with you. Vacations are canceled.

Florida cracker? Dead on, sister. Cattle drovers settled rural Florida and were the original American cowboys. The crack of our bullwhips earned us the title. I’ve been ramrodding rough tough mature cowboys since before I started to bleed. Don’t assert yourself with me, I won’t tolerate any of your lip. Do you think friends is a good idea? Unless you hurriedly change your attitude, you can try making new friends somewhere else. You didn’t steal my man, Humongous, Joey married me after rejecting the rest of you! Do you think you’re in the inner circle? I’m the center of the bull’s eye, the apple of his eye. I’m not worried about your courts. You should worry, beware of offending me! Why? Because not only am I an asset? I OWN all the assets! Joey legally endowed me with all his worldly goods on our wedding day. Now, sit down, tits, your time is expired. Lauren? Proceed with introductions. On second thought, instead of just raising a hand, each of you stands, introduces yourself, and explains your function, and why you believe you are an essential asset to my operations. Make it good. I’ll begin getting to know you quicker this way. I’m taping this call. Anyone unhappy with my bossing this show, pack kit and git.”

“Georgia? I wish you had a Gladys type back home with you because you need her now. I think you’re making an angry mistake. Leticia just left in a big huff. Gladys, you already know, but don’t know her importance. She’s our empathic human balm. The non-judgmental friend you need when in need. Gladys is unbiased, an unruffled smoother of feathers and fur rubbed the wrong way. Allow her to calm Leticia? Leticia is a huge asset, a strong ally once the two of you reach an understanding. Trust me. You need Tish.”

“OK, Lauren. Send Gladys to stop Tish. You assure me Tish was an asset, but make no concessions, no allowances for her. She’s not a smart manager and she just demonstrated she’s stupid and too wrong-headed to be in charge. My place is not hers to decide. No boss can accept a seditious attitude in a manager. She deserves to be fired and runoff for presuming to bully me into a niche she picked for me. I trust your judgment on most things. Trust mine in this.”

“Well, if I’m recalled to the ranch and Tish demoted, who runs the estate, Boss? It’s a complicated operation. There’s no one I could recommend.”

“The GM doesn’t have to personally know how each task is performed. I’m not looking for heroes, just an overseer. They have to know how to inspire and empower people.

Empower the staff by providing the correct materials, equipment, skills, and manpower to be successful. Establish the time component. An ambitious goal when the project is expected finished. Allow enough hours to reasonably complete slightly ahead of that deadline.

Understands people. Inspiration for some is their pride in accomplishment, in others, a fear of criticism. Some seek advancement. In a few, it’s love or respect for a leader.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.