Concussion Protocol - Cover

Concussion Protocol

Copyright© 2021 by Kim Cancer

Mount Everest

“What do you say about it? Where do you start? You’re having a normal day. You’re drinking coffee. Then you get a message like that, and everything changes.”

“No, I didn’t have any premonitions. I didn’t see any signs. Like I said, I wasn’t close with my dad. I didn’t know him well. He was a quiet man. But he was a good man, at least to me. I know that’s not a wonderful thing to say, considering what he did, saying that he was a ‘good man,’ but to me, he was.

“He took care of us. He wasn’t some deadbeat, or some wifebeater. He was there. He loved my mom. He loved us. He didn’t know how to express it, I think. His dad, my grandfather, was a military man. You know the type. Stone-faced. And my dad was the same way. As was my younger brother.”

“My younger brother was a withdrawn and difficult person to communicate with. I had very little contact with him, aside from occasional messages online, related to family gatherings. I have no idea what darkness lurked inside him. I wish I had known. But, as I said, I had no premonitions. There were no warning signs.”

“I don’t believe my brother and father acted together. I think both had their reasons. But I don’t know. I have authorized my father’s brain to be examined. Perhaps that will provide answers.”

“My sister and mother, I wasn’t close with either. My sister and I never saw eye to eye on anything. But she was a kind soul. My mother was too. They were both nice people. And I can’t imagine they knew of or had anything to do with any crime, whatsoever. Period.”

“There’s been rumors online that my sister purposely caused the pileup. I don’t believe one bit of that. It’s a horrible, terrible, tragic coincidence that the accident happened as it did, when it did. I grieve for everyone affected.”

“The police questioned me for hours on end. They ransacked my apartment. They handcuffed me. When they took me in for questioning, one of the police officers purposely banged my head into the roof of his squad car.

“Yes, they found a gram of cocaine, but that was the only crime I committed. Again, I reiterate that I knew nothing of my brother’s or father’s crimes. I knew nothing of any plans. I called the police and sent them the messages I got from my brother, immediately after I received them. I was mortified and shocked beyond belief.”

“It’s been a nightmare. I want to send my condolences to the victims of this tragedy. Words cannot express the horror and sadness I feel.”

“It’s been a nightmare, also, for myself, losing my immediate family. And it’s been worsened by the anger and death threats I’ve received, particularly on social media. I no longer feel safe in America. I’ve left the country, and am in Asia, but I will not disclose where, at this time.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.