Concussion Protocol - Cover

Concussion Protocol

Copyright© 2021 by Kim Cancer

The Baby

Mia bows her head, and her eyes lower to the floor, to the empty spot where the bed was.

It is a new bed, at least, she thinks. The beds in which the children were shot had been replaced by new beds. There was no way she could have slept in a bed that someone had died in, especially a bed someone had been shot to death in...

A sudden chill overtakes Mia. And she feels stiff. Then frozen. Is unable to move. Unable to speak. Lisa freezes too. Her soft warm body shifting instantaneously into an ice sculpture. The blood on her face hardens, sprinkles into tiny red particles, misting like sleet.

Mia, her head stuck to the ice sculpture’s shoulder, can do nothing but stare as the room darkens.

In the spot underneath the Saint’s picture, there’s a white flash, then a circle of light, like as if it were illuminated by a searchlight.

A faint crackling sounds, and Mia sees a cherry-sized bubble, a red bubble floating, hovering up from the brown hardwood floor, the bubble then expanding and eclipsing the circle of light, giving it the appearance of a blood sun.

The bubble pops, with an angry clapping sound, like a balloon bursting, and the bubble breaks into a million droplets of dark red liquid that hang in the air and then solidify, constituting a smallish form that plunges to the floor, like it was thrown out of the window of a high-rise building.

Landing with a thump on the floor, the figure, at first, appears to be a doll in a red dress, but then Mia can see that it is clearly a baby, an infant, in red diapers. It is a chubby, pale child with cherubic cheeks and wispy strands of blond hair.

The baby has a face that looks familiar. A nose she’s seen. Eyes that are a shade of sea blue. She’s seen that face. She knows that face.

The baby on the floor sits perched on all fours. It has thin red lips that twist into a smile. It then emits a vacuum sound, a mechanical, whirring suck. A sound that is inhuman.

The inhuman sound, the twisted smile scares her. She’s unsettled, and something gnaws at her, deep inside her, like she’d swallowed a live rat. She feels like that, like there’s a rodent alive, inside her guts, eating into the pit of her stomach. A rush of acid pushes up at her throat. She feels sick. She too smells a burning stink, like garbage being burned, like plastic on fire.

The stench cuts into her. The stink sharp as a saw. And the baby remains on all fours, staring at her, its sparkling blue eyes with a baleful, ominous presence.

Then the baby stands to its tiny feet. Its feet look like clumps of skin. Mia can’t see that the baby has toes. The baby has what might be hooves. The baby giggles and shifts its gaze to the wall.

It moves. The infant launches itself, slinks with the agility of a small beast and then runs through the wall, disappearing for a second, only to reappear, hanging from a noose, from the ceiling, the baby’s face in a mask of agony, like a sad clown.

The noose knotting the baby’s neck is not actually a rope but instead is a blood-dripping umbilical cord that then shapeshifts into a live, slithering green snake.

The snake’s body is looped in a knot around the baby’s neck, and the snake is dangling the baby. The baby is wheezing like an emphysema patient, then starts shrinking, smaller and smaller, finally forming into another cherry-sized red bubble, this one like an embryo, that then pops.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.