Brethren of the Coast - Cover

Brethren of the Coast

Copyright© 2021 by Yob

Chapter 6: Betrothal

My courtship of Clarissa began the very next day following the dinner party hosted at Juan’s and Marissa’s home in Georgetown. Apparently, not only am I percieved as a suitable match for Clarissa by her siblings, but a suitable “catch” by Clarissa herself.

As I was preparing to leave, saying my goodnights the previous evening, Duerte suggested we meet for lunch at noon the next day, to discuss particulars of our pending expedition. An address scrawled on a slip of paper, to a coffee house located near Duerte’s law office was pressed into my hand. Odd! Why be secretive about lunch?

Arriving at the appointed place just prior to mid-day, and assigned a table with a clear view of the entrance, which I sat facing, I settled myself to wait for Duerte to arrive. It was her perfume that preceded her, gave notice of her nearness and allowed me to remain calm, when her small cool hands covered my eyes from behind. Not startled but surprised, I did go rigid.

“Guess who?” Clarissa whispered near my era.

“That is easy. My dream girl, my fantasy come true. Don’t pinch me, I don’t wish to be awakened just yet.”

On cue, she pinched both of my cheeks. Moving to the chair at right angles to me, not across the table from me, she waited to be invited to join me. Is this the same demure girl I met yesterday evening?

“Are you awake and alert now?” She teased.

Stunned by the radical change in her appearance, I had completely forgotten my manners. Rapidly rising, I pulled her chair out for her and assisted her to sit. Then resumed my place.

“Forgive me Clarissa. You startled me out of my wits!” Almost true.

“Did I? Am I really your dream girl? Did you fantasize about me when you were alone on your boat last night?” Intentionally risque.

No, but I likely will many nights to come. Clarissa wore a thong bikini, the brazillian crevice hugging kind, and a short gaudy flower print beach wrap. Her sheer robe left gaping wide open in the front. Almost nothing of her is concealed. If I described her as wearing only her perfume and sunglasses, it would be 99% accurate.

“Fantasize about you? Most definitely yet reality is far more provocative. If I ravished you now on this table in the center of this restaurant, would it seriously risk damaging our future relationship?”

“You would be quicly stopped if you tried and arrested and jailed. I would never think of you, see or speak to you again!”

“Then, I will restrain myself and try to resist the terrible temptation. For the sake of our unborn children. Yes, you are the girl I’ve seen haunting and only known in my dreams. How soon can we marry?”

“Don’t be ridiculous. You’re kidding, right? You don’t even know me. We only met last night. You are hasty, capricious, and arrogant. Why would you imagine I would ever consider marrying you?”

“Do you want to answer your question yourself? Or shall I list your reasons for you? You’re very smart, very indepenent, and it’s your choice who starts. So choose, Clarissa of the post modern world.”

“Well! Out of curiousity, I will listen to you recite your silly list, but you must defend it as well. Not only say what you think my reasons are, but give real reasons, good reasons I would and should marry you. Was your proposal authentic or just a game? If it’s only a game, then just forget it and let’s order lunch instead.”

“Great idea, let’s order lunch. Over lunch, we can discuss what our future lives together will be like.”

“You are infuriating! You are assuming without the least justification, we will spend our lives together. How dare you!”

“I dare, because I proposed, an honest authentic propsal of marriage, and you accepted. You have made me very happy. Let’s celebrate. You order for us. Okay? Waiter? Will you order for Duerte too?”

Clarissa placed our orders and enjoyed doing it. She confesses Duerte isn’t coming, she arranged everything, for us to meet without a chaperone. She doesn’t need one. She won’t be supervised!

“I am ... I don’t know if I’m honored or flatered by your propsal. I’m not! Not in the least, it’s too abrupt. I want to be wooed, courted, won over. Not only do you assume too much, too fast, you claim I accepted your precipitous proposal, when I most certainly did not!”

“Yes you did and I can easily prove it to you. You are still here. That is a tacit acceptance. If you rejected the idea, you would have left in a huff, very offended. You are here, calmly accepting the situation.”

“That’s a ridiculous argument. I refuse to marry you.”

“Pick the date. Sooner the better. We’ll go explore Atlantis for our honeymoon.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.