The Unknown Enemy Hidden Below, Book 9 - Cover

The Unknown Enemy Hidden Below, Book 9

Copyright© 2020 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 12

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 12 - The concluding episode of the series is a thriller. The vanguard of an ancient enemy arrives in our universe and occupy the bodies of students and tries to kill the Emperor. They are highly advanced and unstoppable. Another universe may present a solution but travel is perilous and the outcome uncertain. The Emperor must find a solution that protects the students and his people from an implacable foe.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Science Fiction  

“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

Winston S. Churchill

“We had all the advantages” – the Gazronnaas General banged her armored fist on the table – “yet we managed to lose three quarters of our surface troops and we achieved very little. They are technologically primitive; they cannot even see us and yet we managed to turn a successful well-planned operation into an unmitigated disaster. We found the Emperor and even found an Empress with him. They were injured and leaving hospital. Could we have found a softer target? We had overwhelming numbers and we neutralized their atmospheric advantage with our latest shields and maskers. They couldn’t get to us and they couldn’t see us and certainly couldn’t see what we were doing from above. We used our latest cyberwarfare AIs but other than getting the Emperor’s name in a medical AI we got nothing else of note. What do you have to report?”

The General pointed to one of the colonels.

The colonel stood confidently in his place.

“Our role was to capture students and test our new tag tool on those who managed to run before we got to them. We completed our quotas of students, and we captured fifty troops and forty guards. We tried to assist our colleagues in the pursuit of the Emperor and Empress. We believe the Emperor discovered one of our hidden entries and found his way to our base. We tagged him there.” The Colonel stated triumphantly.

“With what did you tag him?” The General asked ominously.

The Colonel looked at her nervously.

“We tagged him with a locator, a poison and with nanobots.”

“Did you find him? Do you know if you got him?”

“We did not get a good fix on the locator. We chased after him as soon as we could mobilize the drills. Several drills were elsewhere in the tunnels. We did not find him or his body.” The Colonel informed her.

“You all appear to be incompetent jackasses. The first group tells me the Emperor has disappeared, and now you tell me you think you tagged him, but you’re not sure you tagged him. How, in the name of missing king, could he have switched off the tag?”

“We experienced an abnormal rate of equipment failures. Siphons stopped working, our suits stopped working and even our masking and shields malfunctioned. I suspect they can shut us down,” said the colonel in charge of the operation to catch Jason.

“So why did we not just switch it back on? Did any of it malfunction when we switched it back on?” The General asked.

“No, it all worked perfectly well when we switched it on again.”

“Explain to me how our enemy could switch off our equipment.” The General demanded.

“There was no evidence they knew anything about advanced power systems. How would they suddenly gain a sophisticated understanding of equipment millions of years ahead of their own development?”

“General, I believe they have done exactly that. We have seen evidence they have begun developing competence far ahead of what we would have expected. We are unable to transfer our consciousness into the Gromelix and into the Azloc. We can see the Gromelix have powers well ahead of the other civilizations that form the Empire. What if the Emperor used powers to hide himself? Could he have used powers to destroy our dart? Could he have used powers to move underground? We can also see the use of advanced powers is growing exponentially. We continue to see an exponential increase in magic use residues. I believe there is a reasonable chance they have had the ability to develop but chose not to do so until we presented as a threat. We can’t assume they are as primitive as we thought. They come from Norbut 19 as did we. We did not have a good experience with them in Norbut 19. Could they have a link with their people? Why wouldn’t they have a link with their people, we maintain such links?”

“Have we seen any evidence they used powers to attack us?” The General asked.

“We are not sure,” said the fourth Colonel, “there is some evidence they may have used powers, but so far it is not conclusive except on one occasion. When we attacked the hospital from below, there was a series of power surges. They destroyed two of our drills. That event was unequivocal. We measured the magical surge.”

The General nodded her head.

“Maybe things are not as they appear?” The General remarked.

“We will need more troops and equipment if we are facing increased resistance. There is no evidence they can find our bases unless they stumble upon them. They are also not reliably detecting our ships in the system. We need to take advantage of the fact they can’t see us and they can’t find us.

“Doctor what can you tell me about our new power supplies?” The General asked.

“They prolong the life of the hosts by one day. There is something we are missing. The hosts continued to deteriorate quickly after two days, even though we are feeding them power and keeping ourselves fully powered. They need input we are not providing.”

“Doctor they are detecting our people before they enter facilities. How are they doing this?” The General asked rhetorically then continued.

“We cannot establish how they are identifying us in the students. They can do it quickly. They can identify our soldiers are present even if they can’t see them. We don’t know how this is being done!” Said the doctor before continuing. “They know we left Norbut 19, surely they alerted their people? We have been repeatedly underestimating them, and we are not doing anywhere near as well as we should be. It makes me think of a trap. They are drawing us in making us think they are primitives and far behind us, yet they are implicitly encouraging us to send more and more people here. Every time we try something, we get a bloody nose. They make sure we are confused at every turn.”

“Thank you very much for your opinion Doctor. I don’t know we have the evidence to support your conclusions. Such idle speculation will not do our morale any good. I hope you keep your unsubstantiated conclusions to yourself!” Said the General angrily.

“Yes, General I will keep my speculations to myself. I have not breathed a word of what I have told you in any other forum. I believe I must take responsibility to warn you of what I think. You are the one who is in charge, and you have always said you do not want to be surrounded by sycophants.

“These people are part of a people who we fought against for a long time and lost. We are here hoping to exact revenge and we are assuming they have no contact with their species and are primitives like most of the civilizations in this universe. I have too much experience with the unusual in medicine to believe we are as lucky as we believe we are.

“I will say no more, but I am happy to commit my views to the formal record if requested. I hope I am wrong, but there are indications not all is as we believe it to be.” The doctor noted. “Maybe they know how to manipulate powers and they might be able to see us. Perhaps they have found out how to switch off our equipment. Perhaps they asked for help from Norbut 19, why shouldn’t they after all? Perhaps they didn’t need to learn how to use version 3 power, they are doing well with what they have. Perhaps they are now learning how to use V3 power because they need to understand what we are doing, and they need to counter us. I wouldn’t assume they are as primitive as we believe they are.

“I would like to formally note for the record, I think there is every chance we have made a mistake coming to universe Bekta Delta and Nasta 9 without establishing bases first and learning how the universe operates. We don’t even know the simplest facts about the physiology and energy acquisition of these beings. We have launched into attacks on them in two different universes, and despite them being millions of years behind us, they have done us a lot of damage. I can’t understand why we are in such a hurry. It took us 1.5 million years to adjust to Mespa 49 where we found these bodies. We mistakenly believed Bekta Delta and Nasta 9 were going to be the same as Mespa 49. I recommend we setup bases in both Bekta Delta and Nasta nine and find out how these universes work and then we attack these peoples. I don’t want us to suffer the same fate as we suffered in Norbut 19.

“Sometimes one has to accept we may have made a mistake. Our biggest mistake is this universe, Nasta 9 and Bekta Delta do not work like Norbut 19 and they do not work like Mespa 49. The second mistake is we are underestimating our enemy and we cannot penetrate their resources to find out anything useful. The third mistake is everything is being done on the fly. We are constantly reacting, and I promise you we are going to be directly under threat before long.

“They have captured our equipment. They have working siphons, they have our armor, our masking systems for armor and ship masking which we used on the planet beneath the shield. They have our armor shields and they have our ship shields. We have captured a whole lot of small bits and pieces we can do nothing with.

“Pushing on is singularly unwise. Let us make a strategic withdrawal. Let us make the effort to adapt our equipment and our weapons to this universe. Let us build a base where we can make ships suitable for this universe and let us find a way to adapt ourselves to the civilizations without trying to do too much at the same time under extreme pressure.” The doctor advised.

“Thank you very much doctor. I will seriously consider everything you have said. Our superiors are being driven by our people on Norbut 19 who have no understanding of the problems we are facing. They have become impatient and demanding. They want revenge, but we also know our time in Norbut 19 is coming to an end fast.

“Doctor, I will summarize your arguments and I will put them to my superiors. I believe you make some good points. I suspect they will demand more of us, rather than seriously consider what we say. The Destroyers captured many of our capital ships as did the Azloc. They will be able to understand us if they can access our technology but I don’t think they can use our technology at present, any better than we can use theirs. I also don’t see them progressing any faster than we can,” said the General.

“General, how are our people doing on the Dinnion and Destroyer planets?”

“They are not telling me much. I suspect they are doing no better than we are. I know the Azloc found our people within two weeks and obliterated them. I suspect we have captured as much useful material for analysis as we are going to get. We can always come back. I do tend to agree with you. I won’t hold my breath hoping they will listen to us. Norbut 19 is going through its death throes. Our people are going to have to move sooner rather than later. My mother says the situation is increasingly dire. Our leaders don’t want to make two transitions. Mespa 49 doesn’t have the resources we need. They want to be in Nasta 9, and they have left it very late. Now they are in a frantic rush and are pushing us faster than we can go!” Said the General deep in thought. “Nasta 9 is a huge universe. There must be other alternatives! We could have easily gone to a galaxy distant from here and done the hackwork necessary to sort ourselves out. We could still go that way. I have never understood the urgency to attack the Uzliumbax here and in Bekta Delta. We have stirred up the enemy prematurely.

“For the time being Doctor, press on with your work. No matter how good our argument is, I suspect unless we can provide another acceptable choice, they will push us to continue.”

****

“How are you feeling today, Jason?” Razza asked at breakfast as Jason returned to the table with his fourth plate of food.

“I slept well, and I am feeling much stronger this morning. Thanks very much for pushing me to eat last night. I am sure I would’ve woken up the middle of the night if you hadn’t,” said Jason. “I’ve got to go back to the hospital later for a re-boost of magical therapy and a checkup in the machines. I am a long way from feeling back to normal.”

“Porquenta told me the recent events led to him recovering new memories. The Gazronnaas and their technologies triggered unlocking of some of his hidden knowledge. He is trying to work out what it’s all about,” said Razza.

“Sophie Stone will be returning this morning. I got a message from the hospital she has completed her hospital phase of rehabilitation. She will be back to work in a month. Despite high casualties, most of our soldiers were burnt but not killed. Our latest shield modifications made a big difference according to Porquenta,” said Razza. “I understand Sophie wants to see you when she gets back.”

“How are you Razza?” Jason asked.

“This is the first time most of us couldn’t help you. I know it is illogical, but I feel a sense of shame and guilt. The Gazronnaas remind me of the worst of the Grork. They infest people and they have no sense of moral values,” said Razza. “I feel so helpless. Each attack gets bigger and more sophisticated.

“I also feel sorry for Ooryphyon. She seems so sad and vulnerable, she loves you and she knows you love her, yet she is trying so hard to keep a distance from you.”

Sophie Stone walked unsteadily into the room.

“Jason, I am sorry we were not well enough prepared. I am prepared to tender my resignation.”

She tried to look directly at Jason, but her eyes wandered down to the floor.

“Sophie, none of us could’ve predicted how many troops would go for us. I refuse to accept your resignation. Sophie they also used new technology and tactics on us. Without your help we wouldn’t have escaped. Tell me how you are and what happened after we left?”

“I had several penetrating burns, both shoulders were replaced as well as several internal organs and part of my right leg. We lost twenty-six people,” Sophie replied. “At times, during the intense firefights, I thought none of us would survive.”

“Begona Keris, your Azayal friend, showed up seconds after you left. She elected to continue working with a science and engineering group on campus rather than going home and heard what was going on through the Azloc network. She came to help.

“She turned up in full armor and loaded for bear. She is a very dangerous young lady and I was delighted to have her with us. We charged a second Gazronnaas position after you left. We had recently learned how to cast to see the Gazronnaas. We exposed them, then we hit the siphons and we shut them down then killed them. The technique was effective. We shut down their equipment and broke the switches, then moved on to flank a platoon of Gazronnaas guarding technicians and a shield generator. We knocked them out and shut down the generator. By then we were feeling more confident using the magic.

“We started looking for further generators a much bigger group of Gazronnaas attacked us. They outnumbered us two to one; but moments before we were overwhelmed our troops broke through and knocked out the Gazronnaas. I lapsed into unconsciousness, but not before I saw Begona tear the Gazronnaas commander to pieces with her claws. Begona was also burnt and injured. I saw her shortly before I left the hospital. She was going back to the campus and then coming here to see you.

“I am very pleased to see you are alive, Jason. The campus has become a much more dangerous place for you. I will not be happy if you stay overnight at the University after this debacle. We must discover how to find their bases and eradicate this pestilence. If we can’t protect you with two hundred elite troops, what is it going to take to keep you safe on campus?” Maj. Sophie Stone asked.

“Sophie sit down and have some breakfast, I’m sure you are hungry. You are not on duty,” said Jason smiling. “I want you to be here while I ask some questions.”

“Has anyone heard from Adhhan?” Jason asked.

“She arrived with a large entourage while you were trying to escape the Gazronnaas on campus. They sat riveted watching what was going on. It certainly brought home to them what we are facing. She first wanted to speak with Ooryphyon who had fortunately left campus and was visiting with her parents.

“Adhhan had several doctors, engineers and scientists with her. While we waited for Ooryphyon, we took the scientists and engineers to meet with their counterparts on Porquenta. Ooryphyon showed up shortly after we arrived back. The portals were working perfectly well between here and Porquenta, but not on campus and in parts of the city. Ooryphyon ended up flying here by shuttle,” said Andrea.

“Vanda arrived shortly after and she is with Annjus who has gone to visit home,” said Linda. “I had a brief talk with Vanda, who suggested she brings along some of her colleagues to add to Sophie’s team. They are powerful offensive and defensive magic specialists.”

“That would be of great help,” said Sophie, briefly pausing while hungrily eating a mountain of food on her plate. “I wouldn’t mind a few masters from the Undis, Ichia and Moheim. They are also great teachers.”

“I arranged it with Queen Adhhan. She is going to send over 50 people so you can cover all the shifts, Sophie,” said Linda.

“They installed a hard portal between the atrium of Adhhan’s suite here at the palace and an equivalent suite for you Jason, in her palace. It is a secure portal and will only allow those with clearance to pass through. No Gazronnaas will get through in any form. Andrea and I know how to add people to the portal. They will install another one between Porquenta and their own science facility sometime today,” Linda added.

“Where is Adhhan?” Jason asked.

“She has gone with her sisters to visit Ladovaz and Annika. The princesses told us Adhhan is academically way ahead of them. She teaches mathematics and physics at their University,” said Andrea.

“The princesses are playing less dumb games. Beneath the superficial fooling around they are pleasant highly intelligent young women.”

“Where is Lisirra?” Jason asked.

“She went to support Ooryphyon during her evaluations by the doctors. Ooryphyon wanted her to go along. Ooryphyon is not happy Annjus is getting close to you, Jason!”

“Lisirra of course relishes the company of anyone who has something critical to say about me!” Jason remarked.

“Ooryphyon is only critical to your face. She’s not critical behind your back. Lisirra has become much closer to Ooryphyon this year and she is genuinely supportive of her. I don’t think their friendship has got anything to do with you,” said Linda. “They have a link that goes back thousands of years!”

“I hope they can do something for Ooryphyon, I don’t like the constant arguments and I miss her company.

“I assume Oksana also went home?”

“Yes; a lot of people used the break to go home. That decision saved many lives. I suspect the Gazronnaas captured fewer people than they expected,” Linda observed.

“You have a call scheduled with your mother in five minutes, Jason, see if they have any intelligence data, they can give us about the Gazronnaas here,” asked Andrea.

Jason stood uncertainly, wobbled, steadied himself, and began to walk out.

“Wait, I will walk up with you. Lean on me, I will ask the question myself. Then you had better get to the hospital.”

Zafa, Linda, and Andrea followed behind.

****

Jason made his way to one of the small conference rooms. He was accompanied by Linda, Andrea, Razza and Zafa. His mother was excited to see Zafa and told them she had also accompanied Jason from Norbut 19.

“Things are stable here Jason for the time being. We are following the schedule of sending people. How are things going?”

Jason explained about the attack on him, the darts, the kidnapping of students and their inability to find the Gazronnaas. He told her about the destruction of parts of the University and the hospital where he had been hiding.

“They killed 400 of your people being rebuilt or in rehabilitation at the hospital during the attack. They can be rebuilt as we still have their consciousnesses in storage.

“Thank you for the orb, it defended us and helped stabilize me medically,” Jason explained.

“Excellent, it will be even more useful to you in the future!”

“Empress Azanelja, we are increasingly concerned about Jason’s safety and the safety of our students on the campus. We cannot find the Gazronnaas bases and the scientists you have sent us here are not yet ready to be able to help us. Do you have any suggestions for us?”

“The only idea that presents itself to me immediately is to look underground, not for the base, but for areas which do not quite match the earth around. They do not have many ways to hide themselves. They can ensure you do not see the base, but they cannot create an impression that accurately reflects the underground areas in which they find themselves.” Azanelja explained. “It may not work. Sometimes, in the short term, you must use brute force on a problem.”

“Mum, do you know what they are trying to achieve in our universe?”

“The Gazronnaas are interested in domination for the sake of it. They could have easily worked with us, but they chose to conquer us. We should have hit them harder much earlier. Things escalated very slowly. They had worked to undermine us without us knowing and made life difficult. Like us they now they are out of time and must find somewhere where they can settle. We drove them out of all areas of our sphere of influence.

“Most of the universes are bleak places with few resources until one gets to Nasta 9. Mespa 49 looked as though it had some potential, but it is resource poor. It was a reasonable place to stop along the way and begin to find how to adapt to the very different universes. I would search for their bases on Mespa 49. There is absolutely nothing before Mespa 49.

“You can’t negotiate with the Gazronnaas, they will simply use the respite to prepare to attack you again. We learned that from bitter experience with them.

“Soon you will have the help of our scientists, but I do expect it will take them some time to adapt to the laws of your universe. Our people will not take long to show you how to penetrate Gazronnaas masking and shields once they get the feel of where they are. They do understand the Gazronnaas and they know how they think. We are highly motivated to help you and to ensure our migration to Nasta 9 will be made safe.

“The Gazronnaas try to kill the leaders first. Your father and I had to be very careful. They attempted to assassinate us on many occasions. When we finally realized what we were dealing with, we went after them with a vengeance,” said Azanelja.

“Jason, please thank your educators, we have commenced the ‘how to live life in Nasta 9 program’ in anticipation of people being sent over. We are finding it useful and helpful. We combined the Collective, Dinnion, and Azloc programs. The people are amazed how different life is in your universe. Most look forward to the challenge, though many are fearful of such drastic change.”

Ooryphyon walked into the room in her Teokraeus form. She looked upset.

“Please introduce me to your mother Jason!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.