A Festive Affair - Cover

A Festive Affair

Copyright© 2020 by angie65

Chapter 8

Romantic Story: Chapter 8 - Will it just be for the season... or will it take them into the New Year and beyond as well?

Caution: This Romantic Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction  

Dean was still grinning as he climbed into his car a few minutes later. He whistled to himself as he pulled away and put his full attention on the road in front of him – well almost his full attention.

He would not be able to see Shelly again for a while now, but...

He laughed softy as his imagination filled in the details of his next assignation with this beautiful woman!


And Shelly was no more successful with keeping the grin off her face.

She made herself busy by going around her mum’s spotless house, hoovering and dusting, and polishing.

She was just considering cleaning the already clean windows when her phone rang again.

“Hello?” Her face lit up and she turned her back on the windows. “Hi Kelly, how’s it going?”

“Oh, I am just trying to make up a couple of lists for our Christmas,” Kelly’s voice sounded cheerfully, business-like down her ear.

“It’s a little early yet Kel’?” Shelly protested.

“Not so very early,” Kelly insisted. “I mean we both work full time, and have busy lives, so if we plan it properly, we can slot it into our normal routines and shopping and things.”

“Yes, Mum left a pile of cards on the side to be done closer to December, but it made it feel like Christmas was looming even though I know it isn’t quite yet ... okay let’s start to make a few plans even if it’s just to make you happy.”

Shelly sank down onto the sofa and curled her legs under her, even as she pulled a notebook and pen off the side table.

“I can sort out some crackers,” she murmured as she scribbled. “And some wine and the veg...”

“And I will get the turkey and trimmings and something for desert – a Christmas pudding...” Kelly said down the phone. “And some brandy ... and whiskey maybe ... We’ll have to see what the fellers prefer – for nightcaps and so on ... I have some decorations ... but I will need to sort out a new Christmas tree – probably an artificial one for this year...”

They continued to confer with each of them adding items to their lists, until neither of them could think of anything else to add.

“So how did your drive home go?” Kelly suddenly asked and Shelly could hear her smile down the phone.

“Well I got here – obviously!” She sniffed evasively.

“And did he ... pop in for a coffee?” Kelly pushed with a laugh.

“No, actually he wanted to get home and shave and freshen up.”

“ ... Oh.”

Shelly grinned at the blatant disappointment in her cousin’s tone. “But he did come back later in the afternoon,” she finally conceded with a laugh of her own.

“Oh really?” Once again Shelly could clearly see Kelly sitting up with interest, and her tone had warmed to an almost purr.

“Yes ... he came around again yesterday afternoon ... but he had to leave again, about an hour ago.”

“OH Really!”

Shelly giggled and then she gave an emotional sigh. “Oh Kel’, he was ... wonderful!”

“But do you think that you might be rushing into something?” Kelly said hesitantly after a moment of silence.

Shelly pouted and her lovely eyes narrowed into a scowl.

“We had a fun time together,” she said defensively. “It was nothing more than a little harmless sex – between two consenting adults ... two free agents.”

“Is he though?” Kelly said a little warily. “I mean we only met the guy ... well less than a couple of days ago really!”

Shelley’s frown deepened with a moment of concern, but then she sighed and smiled.

“He is a friend of Brian’s for one thing,” she said lightly. “And although I don’t see myself as an expert in human nature ... or more particularly men’s character ... well to tell you the truth Kelly, I think that Dean is one of the good guys.”

There was a moment of silence again, and then Kelly’s warm tone reassured and rested Shelly’s brief doubts for good.

“I agree,” Kelly said simply.

As Kelly said goodbye and then switched off her phone she sat back with a pensive sigh.

And then she ran her fingers through her auburn locks a few times. She made a mental note to call Brian a little later, and interrogate her cousin and find out everything he knew about Dean.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.