A Festive Affair - Cover

A Festive Affair

Copyright© 2020 by angie65

Chapter 22

Romantic Story: Chapter 22 - Will it just be for the season... or will it take them into the New Year and beyond as well?

Caution: This Romantic Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction  

Shelly had been sorely tempted to cancel her Wednesday gathering with her cousins.

Her evenings with Dean were all the things out of her fantasies and then some. She was in an almost constant state of arousal as he questioned her about her fantasies – determined to fulfil as many as he could, and he even volunteered some of his own; in short, they were pretty much at it like rabbits!

She was so tempted to cancel Wednesday night in favour of more hot and steamy time with Dean, but in the end, she held firm and Dean was not just understanding but determined that she stick to her original plans.


Her date with Kelly and Brian on the following Wednesday went ahead as planned, and the three of them agreed on who would deliver to whom, and divided their quota of Christmas cards accordingly.

“Don’t forget the gift bags and chocolate decorations for the younger ones,” Kelly reminded Brian of their little custom.

“I bought the chocolates yesterday and I have some little gift bags left over from last year,” he retorted smugly.

“And what about you Shelly?” Kelly asked in her most bossy tone.

“I sorted my gift bags at the weekend when I wrote out all the cards,” Shelly said a little meekly.

“Good good good.” She pulled her pile of cards closer to her and then slipped them into her bag.

Shelly and Brian exchanged a quick look and then in unison they said.

“And what about you cousin Kelly – have you remembered to sort out your chocolates for the little ones?”

Kelly looked at them both in surprise and then the colour crept into her face, as they both tried but failed to keep a straight face.

“Sorry,” she murmured awkwardly, as the other two laughed together – at her expense.

“And so, you should be,” Shelly grinned even as she patted her hand consolingly. “We have all been doing this long enough now to know the score.”

“I know but, I just like to be sure that’s all.”

“So, when will you deliver yours,” Shelly asked the other two.

“I’m away from tomorrow until Friday afternoon, and I shall see mum and dad on Saturday ... so probably Sunday will be my best bet.” Brian said thoughtfully.

“I’m working on Saturday, and so I will probably have to wait until Sunday as well.” Kelly looked across at her. “What about you?”

Shelly thought about it for only the briefest of seconds. “I hope to get it done on Saturday; then I can call in to see Pauline and the kids on my rounds.”

“Is she okay?” Brian asked immediately, and Shelly smiled in reassurance.

“Yes ... Robert left last weekend and I don’t think he will be back before Christmas – if at all ... but Aunt Lorraine thought that Pauline was being fairly philosophical about it this time.”

“I really wish that she would tell him to just get lost,” Brian sighed as he thought about his other cousin, and her children, and her latest unreliable partner.

“She will one day – but only when she is ready to say it and cut him loose.” Shelly sighed as well.

The mood had turned a little sombre, but Kelly quickly brought that to a halt as she signalled the waitress and asked her to bring them another round of drinks.

“Any way,” she said forcefully as she held up her glass. “Here’s to Christmas, let’s try and make it a good one!”

The three of them touched glasses and then fell to discussing the upcoming festivities and as always seemed to be the case these days, they talked with fondness of Christmases past.

“Oh, by the way Aunt Lorrain is having a bit of a do next week – for her sixtieth, and she asked me to pass on invites to the two of you, since I told her that I would be seeing you both tonight.”

“What day – evening? Where?” Brian asked.

“A week this Saturday – after two – she said and it’s at her house; just a gathering and a bit of a spread with drinks ... bring a bottle – that kind of thing.” Shelly flicked her hand negligently as she said it and the other two nodded in understanding.

“Shall we club together for a gift?” Kelly suggested.

Shelly nodded. “Yes, that might be a good idea, do you want to be in charge of the buying though – because I am not sure I will get the chance between now and then?”

“Yes, I can do that.”

Brian sighed regretfully. “I’ll be happy to put into the kitty, but I am afraid I will not be able to make next Saturday – so please can one of you give her my love and apologies.”

They both nodded their understanding and then they all fell to discussing the budget and then handed their agreed amount to Kelly.

“Well, I guess that’s everything now,” Kelly said, with satisfaction. “So how about a last drink and then Shelly here can tell is all about what’s going on between her and that nice man, Dean.”

“My nice boss, Dean – you mean.” Brian stated a little grumpily. The girls both looked at him in surprise, and he gave a little apologetic smile. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound so snide about it all.”

“Do you have a problem with my seeing Dean?” Shelly asked him sadly.

Brian sighed and touched her hand briefly. “No ... not really, Shelly ... I am happy for the both of you...”

“But?”

“But nothing,” he declared firmly. “I mean I will be honest and say that when I first heard that the two of you were seeing each other – well I had concerns; but at work Dean is always all about business ... However ... he has been giving me more responsibilities recently ... and, well I can’t help wondering if that was about me and his seeing my ability – or was it more about you?”

“Don’t you dare sell yourself short like that – or Dean for that matter!” Shelly said hotly. “You just said yourself that he is always all about the business; I really can’t believe that you would think he would do something that was not good for his company – the one that he has built up from scratch – just because of me!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.