A Festive Affair - Cover

A Festive Affair

Copyright© 2020 by angie65

Chapter 16

Romantic Story: Chapter 16 - Will it just be for the season... or will it take them into the New Year and beyond as well?

Caution: This Romantic Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction  

Shelly spent the day feeling like she was dancing on air. She was sorely tempted to ring her cousin Kelly and put off their get together this evening – in favour of another steamy encounter with Dean; but in the end she decided to stick with her plans

Dean would be picking her up on his way home from work, and she would persuade him to come in for a coffee when he dropped her at home.

But until then she had work to do.

She stormed through her morning, giving her work her usual thorough attention, and diligence, and if anyone had popped in, they would have seen her industriously working, until they looked into her sparkling eyes and animated expression, which she just could not seem to dispel.

She ate her lunch at her desk; and sipped at her coffee, whilst she did her alphabet backwards things as she sought her usual composure.

When she went into the office of Mr Shandler senior, to assist him with his accounts job, she hoped that she was serene enough; and that older man glanced briefly at her, thought how decidedly pretty she was; and then got down to work.

By the time she finished she was a little blank from all the concentration and the almost oppressive silence of the room; but the accounts of ‘Beddings Beds and Bedrooms Inc’, was complete.

“That was a job very well-done Shelly; and in far less time than had I been doing it on my own;” Mr Shandler informed her with satisfaction. “Thank you so much for your conscientious attention to detail – as usual you are faultless in your approach.”

“Thank you, Mr Shandler – I feel that it is mostly down to this company’s input – I have been treated and trained very well here.”

“Thank you my dear; that is very kind of you to say,” he glanced at his watch. “Now it’s already past four o’clock so I shall let you get on.”

She looked at her own watch in dismay as she rushed to grab her bag and coat.

Four fifteen to be exact; and she had totally lost track.

She rushed through the lobby waving to Valerie; as she passed.

Out of the door and across the pavement and straight into Dean’s arms.

“Oh, you waited!” she gasped. “I am so sorry the job took longer and I got delayed – I didn’t realise – I am really, really sorry!”

Dean wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hard on the lips.

“You worry too much,” he told her gruffly.

“But you can’t park here; so where is your car?”

There is a small parking bay, just round the corner from here; you can park there for as long as you want after four p.m. for free.”

He took her hand and began walking her down the street, and Shelly skipped along to keep up.

“Oh, that is so good to hear,” she sighed with relief.

“Yes, and useful too.”

He helped her into the car, and walked around to the other side; and only after leaning across to kiss her on the mouth again, did he fasten his seatbelt.

He set the car in motion and then to break the silence he asked.

“Did you have a good day?”

Shelly smiled across at him. “Yes, it was pretty much as I predicted so no surprises there, but a good day none the less. You?”

“The same,” he shrugged with a little grin. “No surprises but a good day none the less.”

“Good.”

“Yes ... so, what are your plans for tonight?” he asked lightly.

She gave a little sigh. “Me and Kelly are going out for a meal and to talk more about Christmas plans.”

“Ahh, well that will be nice for you both ... no Brian though?”

“No, he was busy tonight; so, we said we would gather again next Wednesday to swap out Christmas cards.”

“Oh?”

“We have a large widely spread family, and most cards are sent by post just for convenience, but a few – well quite a few need to be hand delivered; and so, we split it between the three of us. Kelly has hers and her parents’ cards, I have mine and mum’s and Brian will have cards from him, his mum and her new family, and his dad and his new family.”

“Complicated,” Dean shuddered with a grin.

“Yes, it is,” Shelly smiled back. “But like I say we will split the cards. I will take all the cards from all of them and put them with mine to deliver to the aunts, uncles and cousins near me, and Kelly will take all of the cards and deliver to the aunts, uncles and cousins near her; and Brian will do his share for who’s closer to him.”

“You should talk to my brother, Chris,” he laughed. “It sounds like a logistics nightmare!”

“The soldier?” Shelly laughed too as he nodded. “I should like to see him do better!”

He pulled up outside her house, and Shelly looked across at him longingly.

“I’m not in a rush,” she told him huskily. “Would you like to come inside for a little bit?”

He hesitated and then grinned crookedly. “A little bit ... of what though?”

She shrugged and her tongue touched her top lip. “Whatever you might fancy?”

He leaned across and kissed her cheek. “I fancy you my love; but I shall wait until tomorrow and not rush anything.”

“But you are making me wait too,” she pouted.

He grinned. “Are you feeling horny my lovely?”

She nodded. “As a matter of fact, I am – and it’s all your fault!”

He laughed, and then reached for her and kissed her again, but this time a long deep kiss that promised much and left her shaking with desire for him.

“Call me when you get home tonight, no matter how late; give me a call and we will see if we can do something to satisfy your immediate needs.”

“What, over the phone?” she gasped as the colour flooded her cheeks.

He laughed again and his eyes glinted wickedly.

“Have a pleasant evening Shelly – give my regards to your cousin and I will talk to you later!”

He climbed out of the car, and walked around to help her out.

“Go inside now,” he ordered and she found herself obeying.

As he got back in his car – he reflected that it wasn’t just Shelly who had an itch. He would wait until later though and hopefully they could both reach fulfilment – even if over the telephone.


Shelly dressed casually for her evening out – in jeans and a soft cashmere sweater; and she brushed out her hair and settled for a little lip gloss and a little mascara.

She danced downstairs as the letterbox rattled and she pulled the door open to greet her cousin.

“Taxi is waiting, and the meter is still running – so hustle cousin dearest!” Kelly grinned and her dimples flashed into view.

They clambered into the taxi that had picked up Kelly before coming here for Shelly; and the two of them chatted animatedly whilst the driver took them to the city centre restaurant.

The food was good and the company and conversation was better; and for a while Shelly forgot all about Dean – and her own baser needs.

They confirmed their plans and laughed a great deal as they settled back with what was left of their bottle of wine.

At one point though the waitress came across with a fresh bottle and as the two of them looked at her in surprise, she smiled.

“It’s from the gentleman over there,” she told them. “With his compliments to two beautiful ladies having a good time, but most especially to the brunette – no offence intended to the blond.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.