A Festive Affair - Cover

A Festive Affair

Copyright© 2020 by angie65

Chapter 12

Romantic Story: Chapter 12 - Will it just be for the season... or will it take them into the New Year and beyond as well?

Caution: This Romantic Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction  

She was right as it turned out.

It was very pleasant being driven to and from work. It was really nice getting up a little later and enjoying a second cup of coffee. It was lovely not having to traipse down the street in the increasingly damp and chilly weather, and hang around for a bus. It was wonderful not have to muscle her way on, and then hang on for dear life as the driver bombed down the road, swerving and slamming on his breaks – just to lurch forward again for no apparent reason.

But what was the best thing of all, was that it was magical to spend these little extra moments with Dean.

Moments where sex was not on the cards and his eyes were not eating her all up so that she could not think straight, and they could actually sit and talk, and also be in the same space.

And talk they did.

On that first morning though, she was outside waiting for him, having locked up the house, and was standing on the kerb.

He frowned as he climbed out of his car and walked round to open the passenger door for her.

“When I said be waiting for me, I only meant the evening – due to parking.” he said as he began to drive down the street.

“Oh, I know,” she smiled. “But you are being so good about this that I didn’t want to keep you waiting – plus I don’t know what time you have to get to work, nor how far you have to go once you’ve dropped me off.”

“As a matter of fact, I shall be able to drop you off on my way to work ... just after the bridge, I can go round the island and be at work no more than ten minutes later; and my hours are flexible to suit my needs so don’t worry about that either.”

“Can I walk to your place then in the evening – would that be more convenient to you?” she asked curiously.

“No, ten minutes by the main road in a car is more like half an hour or more as a pedestrian, and not always on safe walkways. I would rather come and fetch you on my way home.”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Ok ... and thank you.”

“Tomorrow morning, I will come fifteen minutes earlier and we can share a coffee?” he suggested, when he realised that she was determined not to inconvenience him.

“ ... that would be nice,” she nodded uncertainly.

“What?”

She shrugged. “It’s just that any time we are alone together, well thoughts tend to go out of the window and urges take their place, and things get out of hand very soon after.”

He laughed a low short laugh. “I am sure that I can contain my urges – so long as you promise not to make eye contact with me – until we are safely outside.”

She was silent for a moment, and then slowly she began to laugh.

“You’re making fun of me,” she finally said shaking her head.

“Only a little,” he responded huskily. “I do struggle to keep my hands to myself around you, Shelly; you are just so – touchable. But I also enjoy being around you – being with you.”

“Thank you ... I enjoy being with you too – and not just for the sex.”

He laughed again in true delight. “Thanks,” he told her dryly.

There was a kind of drop off point just before they got to the bridge, and Dean pulled the car into the curb neatly.

“Don’t get out,” she told him turning towards the door. “I can manage, and you can’t stay here.”

“Stay put,” he climbed out and walked around the car to help her out.

“Now remember, be right here for five minutes past four,” he told her as he kissed her quickly on the lips.

“I promise.”

She gave him a quick wave as he switched his engine back on and then strode quickly towards the bridge.

Dean spared her one last look as she walked. She had scraped her beautiful hair back into a tight topknot, and was wrapped up in a thick parka coat again, she was wearing smart tailored trousers, fit for the office place, and god only knew what else, god and his own sordid imagination that was.

He pulled his car into the traffic and tried to put the lovely Shelly out of his mind for the moment, as he began to plan his work day.

As he came off the road island, he turned down a narrow side street.

His attention was caught by the little boutique, just opening its doors for the day, and he gave a little smile even as he pulled in and parked in one of the parking spaces.

He had thought to put Shelly out of his mind for the day, but now his imagination was literally humming, as he stepped into the little shop.


Shelly stepped to the side of the bridge rather than onto it, since her office place was situated just next to the brick structure.

She walked into the main reception and smiled cheerfully at the receptionist.

“Good morning Valerie.”

“Well, I wouldn’t call it that good,” the middle-aged woman sniffed. “Cold and damp is what I would call it.”

“Well, I guess it’s just how you look at it then,” she grinned engagingly.

The older woman’s lips twitched in spite of herself, and she gave a little sigh. Shelly was far too good for this place, she really should be getting married and having babies, and being deliriously happy.

She watched the young woman as she practically danced up the stairs.

Yes, there went a woman in love!

The day rocketed by, since she was kept busy with a variety of bookkeeping jobs.

She loved the variety of the work, and really enjoyed bringing order to the chaos of receipts and check stubs and bank statements.

Each client had different requirements, so each job was unique to itself.

Shelly would have been quite happy to continue doing the lesser bookkeeping, but she knew that the real money was in the accountancy sector, and to successfully start up on her own she would do better with the full qualification, and so that was her end goal.

Cynthia popped in towards midday. “Hi, I was just wondering if you had managed to start on the Guilford books yet.”

“No, it’s next on my list, so I was going to make a start after taking an earlier lunch, since it will probably take me most of the afternoon to complete.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.