Country Boy, City Girl Book III - Cover

Country Boy, City Girl Book III

Copyright© 2020 by Mushroom

Chapter 41

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 41 - The final chapter of Pete Culver as he leaves the Marine Corps, and has to start a new life for himself.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Romantic   Crime   GameLit   Historical   Black Female   Oriental Female   Hispanic Female   Cream Pie   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Tit-Fucking   Small Breasts   Geeks   Prostitution  

The news a few days later was depressing. US troops were now pouring into Saudi Arabia, and Iraq was threatening to attack. And the fucking madman was moving families of diplomats and tourists trapped in Iraq and Kuwait around military sites as human shields! The news was showing videos of the madman patting Japanese and American children on the cheek, as in the background military barracks and equipment was visible. And yet, there was a growing noise of people screaming for the US to stay out of what was an “internal affair”.

Internal affair my ass! I saw those idiots, and wondered what they would think if it was their families who were essentially kidnapped and forced to live on a military base under house arrest, just to keep it from being attacked. If it was their families, I bet they would be screaming for the head of that lunatic, not trying to say we should do nothing as it was none of our business.

We now had 64 lines active for OrbitNET, and the 32 lines per server were working fine. Norm had installed a system to restrict how much each line could use for data, which did a lot for keeping a few people from hogging it all. And the first of the switches arrived and had been installed.

A few days later Blake showed me some of the data results, and things were moving a lot more smoothly. Packet collisions had dropped to almost nothing, and traffic between segments was a lot more efficient. We handed this information to Norm, and he said he would tell his buddy about it that night.

That night however, I was relaxing at home when we lost all power. I got a call a minute later from the guy handling the last shift and he said he was out of power also. I carefully drove to the data center as all the street and traffic lights were out, and we watched as the batteries were trying to carry the load. Thankfully, a lot of the calls had dropped, as obviously with no power to their computers they dropped out also.

I started a selective shutdown to the servers, turning off all but the one each on the largest porn ones, 1 of my own, and one Net server down. And the Video X batteries were at 15% when power was restored. We powered everything back up, and I knew what I had to do the next day.

Bright and early, I called Jack and asked him to come in when he got a chance. He was on a job at the time but said he would be by after 6. And when he got there I told him what I needed. “Jack, I need a generator. We had to shut down a lot of the systems last night, and some of them were almost out of battery when we finally got power back. What can you do?”

He asked me for a power bill, and I went and got the latest one from Bunny. He looked over our use, then went out and checked the meter to see what we were drawing then. “OK Pete, this will take some time. How long do you want to be able to power this for?” I told him at least a few hours, but also to be able to do it almost indefinitely.

“OK, you are going to want a multi-fuel system then. Those can be hooked into your natural gas line, but also use propane and gasoline. You build a concrete building in the back, and we put it inside. The moment power dies, it will take over and provide power. It will run on natural gas, so you can run it almost forever. But we also set you up with two backup supplies say if we get an Earthquake. Propane immediately, say a 500 gallon tank. That should be good for a day or so. And you buy a trailer with a 100 gallon propane tank on the back. Store that anywhere you want, empty. Say if we get another big earthquake and we lose gas also, take that and fill it up, and hook it up. Then you can switch to the permanent tank when you need to refill the trailer. I think that could keep you going forever.”

“OK, that’s what we’ll do. In fact, I will set this place up as a small shelter for us. Cots, food, water, if we ever do get something like that we could all live out of here until things are fixed. What about gasoline?”

“Well, you can use that also, but I suggest you just keep that as a reserve. If we do lose power for days, think about filling the tank. But the thing with gas is that you have to use it within a few months. So save that for is propane and gas are not available.”

I nodded, and he said that he had a blueprint he could get for a building. “It’s actually quite clever. The roof is a single piece, and bolts on top of a cinder block wall. Remove a few bolts from inside, the entire top comes off. That way if you ever need to replace the generator or propane tank, you just remove the roof, and use a crane to put them in.”

I wrote him a check, and he said he would make all the arrangements. I then drove to a surplus store in Van Nuys when I got off work and bought twenty cots, twenty sleeping bags, ten large 5 gallon water containers, and some other things I thought we could use.

The week before I had to leave for Idaho, we had both the Orbit and AdultNET IRC servers up and running. And the software to connect the BBS to IRC that Norm had written was working like a champ. And the capabilities of using IRC were immediately obvious to Video X as their live chats with their cast were now attracting up to a hundred people or more at a time. And we were starting to get paid registrations for the “IRC Door” that we had released, allowing any Sysop that had access to the Net to add IRC chat. This I was splitting 50-50 with Norm. He laughed when I gave him his first check and said that was beer money at least.

On Wednesday the Geek Crusaders were loading the truck, Sharla and Karl were leaving once it was loaded. Most of us were heading up Thursday. Holly and Dan were leaving on Friday. We had them scattered between the Big house and my house, with Becky getting the RV.

I went ahead and flew up Wednesday evening. Kim and Dee met me at the airport, and after hugs and kisses Kim said she would meet us at home. Dee had me drive on the frontage road by the freeway, and I saw the new building on what had been a vacant lot. It was about 1,500 square feet, cinder block and painted beige. We went inside, and I saw the windows were small, and had security bars over them. There were four offices inside, and most of the back was turned over to open space. “Dee, this is perfect! When I come back next month, I will bring the truck again with a load and we can get this up and running. We can do most of the work from down there, mostly just have you as a local contact, kind of like what you did down there.”

“OK, and this was told to me this morning. You still want this separate from Orbit, right?”

“Yes, this is going to be part of it, but also separate. Why?”

“This came from Darla. ‘Hainji Net’. She said it’s Shoshone for ‘friend’.”

“OK, Hainji Net it is, you all set it up. Put me down as 51% owner when you do the paperwork, the rest of you all spread it around as you want. This also is a family operation, and if for some reason I close up down there, I can do this when I move home.”

On Friday we all headed over to the Casino, and I was armed with my new laptop computer I had bought just for this. The test BBS was all up and running, and I could show it to them in real-time.

First, we got a tour of the convention space, and the theater. I then went into a conference room with Jackie and five of the big wigs of the Casino. I gave them my pitch, saying what all Hainji Net would be able to do for them. One of them immediately said he thought I was “Orbit”. I told him I am, but this would be run entirely by a new company I was setting up here in Pocatello. “Everything will be run right here, this company is owned by me and my family, and they all live right here.” I then explained how I could handle the day to day administration remotely, as well as now I could provide them with access to an international market.

Jackie handed me a phone line, and with a 20” monitor I had brought I was calling my Net server, and explained how this was a way that people could connect to it from anywhere in the world. I entered the BBS, and navigated through it, showing them the calendar that Norm had created, complete with the next 3 months of events in the theater as provided by Jackie. Also the conventions and other events, specials and promotions, and rooms with sample pictures.

“I have a team of experts and programmers, and we are constantly expanding our services. Now one feature is not quite ready yet, but here, let me show you.” I fired up another door, that Norm had called “Check-In”. “With this, somebody can reserve a room there in the hotel. With a computer at the check-in desk the clerk can confirm it, bring them into a live chat, and even get the credit card information and send a confirmation number. All over the computer. And with the Internet, somebody in say New York can do all of this by making a local call to them. As I said, this is still a work in progress, but I hope you can see the possibilities.”

Several asked how that would all work, and I gave a basic description of how it would operate. “Now I am already investing a lot of money into this operation. I already had built a call center, and the phone lines and high-speed connection will be installed next month. But I can have this fully up and running by the start of December.” The General Manager was impressed, and he asked when I was leaving. I told him on Monday, but included in the proposal was my number, as well as Dee’s number if they wanted to talk to her. Then they asked why the name.

“Well, that actually came from my Aunt Darla. Darla Littlebuck is my second mother, and she had a dream the other day I could call it Hainji Net. And I never argue with the ladies in my life when they tell me something like that, so that is how it is named.”

They all thanked me, and asked if I could leave the computer so they could show a few others. I nodded, and showed them how to use the program to dial up the Net server, and the command to get into it. “Now for people calling the BBS itself, they literally just call the number and it connects. As I said, right now this is going through the Internet, where there are hundreds of thousands of such computers hooked up, and growing daily.”

Jackie hugged me after we left, and she said she thought I nailed it. “I know them all quite well, and although they do not show it, they were all paying close attention, even if they did not understand all of it. But they seemed to all pay more attention when you said this could reach people internationally. That is something they could use to show that we are not just stupid Indians using smoke signals, we are on the cutting edge of technology.”

At 6 in the morning we were all helping Kent set up the convention. It was a smaller one, and I asked him about Mountain Home. He sighed, and said that only around 200 that he knew of were coming. “A lot are already getting ready to ship out. That will reduce things a bit, but we have over 1,500 that will be there. So Brad will still make some money on this.”

Brad looked over at Kent and shook his head. “No, I am making nothing on this. I already decided that any profit on that when it is over is being donated to the Mountain Home MWR. But at least I will break even, and 10% of all profits for the videotapes are going to the USO. Pete here helped me see that a lot of the military play games, and with so many getting ready to go to war, it is the least I can do.”

I gave him a hug and thanked him. The opening presentation was me, and my friends that were up here were all present. I explained how I was a local boy, born and raised right here in Pocatello. “Now I moved to California, but this will always be my home. And someday I am moving back here, so do not think I am just here to make an appearance.” I got a lot of applause at that, and some even called out my name. One or two even called out “Speedy!”

“Now some of you might also know of me by the many hats I wear. I was the founder of GamerNET, a BBS service that Kent, my mom Dee, and many others up here provide. I of course have been making adventures for almost ten years, and Kent tells me every time I come up here how much you all love them. And my newest one I will be presenting here for the first time publicly. And let me tell you a bit about it.”

I explained that yes, The Thunderbird was indeed based on Indian mythology. “But nobody get offended at this, please. When the game Dungeons and Dragons was created, they purposefully used what they considered ‘Fictional Religions’. In other words, ones that are not commonly practiced. Norse, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and others. Many like those of India and Japan are also included, but like the American Indian mythology, in a watered down form. The one presented by TSR in their newest book is kind of an amalgamation of all of those in North America, but homogenized so that it can blend in for all. Now I grew up with tales of Itsappa growing up. He is as part of the tales my Aunt Darlene told me as a child. As much as Mary Poppins or Br’er Rabbit. But to generalize the beliefs for all tribes, TSR calls him ‘Coyote’. And in this adventure, I do the same thing. Otherwise, they would have to call him by Itsappa, and the word the Creek, Apache, Lakota, the Pottawatomie, and all other tribes use. So please, for those that attend my presentation tomorrow night, realize that is why the names and beliefs may not be the exact same. Because the one most here would call Itsappa, my ancestors would have called Nanimwe. Both are Coyote, no different than God, Dios, Dieu, or Jehovah. The name does not matter, it is the concept of who we ask for blessings.”

I had been getting sporadic applause through that, and now almost everybody was applauding. I thanked them all, and then grinned. “Real quick, I want to ask three of the most important people in my life to come up here. Kim, bring up your mom please. Yes, come on up Darla! Everybody, this is my Aunt Darla Littlebuck, although she is really my other mother. She raised me with my mom, and is my second mom. And her daughter Kim Littlebuck is my sister, even though we are not direct blood. I love her as my sister, and those of you in the local game community should know her. Dee, get up here too! This is Dee, my dad’s second wife, mother of my brother George, and my other mother. Technically she is my step-mother, and George is my half-brother. But I say nonsense to that, George is my brother, and I will punch anybody that says he is ever half in my heart! Dee knows I almost never call her mom, because that is my real mother who is not with us. But she knows I love her as if she was my actual mother.”

All three ladies then gave me big hugs and kisses to the applause of everybody. “Now there are a lot of other people that you can see up here, and there are a lot of games to be played and hopefully you all will learn some new ones while you are here.”

I then closed with my usual ending. “When you go out to play, do not worry about winning or losing, but play games for the enjoyment of playing a game. Have fun, and share that fun with your loved ones. Teach your children and siblings to love games as much as you all do. Thank you again, and have a great convention.”

I left and went to a room set aside and sat and relaxed as my friends came in and said it was great. “Well, hopefully some will be less antagonistic about this. I have heard some were talking about doing a protest that I was corrupting their sacred beliefs.”

Jackie sat in my lap and hugged me briefly before getting up again. “Oh don’t worry about them Pete. Nobody cares about idiots like that, I no more believe in Itsappa than I do the Great Pumpkin. Or any of the other whites out there that worship Odin, Zeus, or Jupiter just because their distant ancestors did. And I bet that when it is done, they all respect what you wrote. I read the reviews that guy posted who played it, and he said it was exciting, and gave a real feeling for the beliefs while not making it specific to any one tribe. And you had to do that.”

I was surprised however that when I was going through the floor when my old girlfriend Lisa came up and gave me a hug. I hugged her back, and asked her how she had been. It seems she was now a Junior High teacher in Chubbuck, a town a little north. We wandered around and chatted as we explored the convention, and she said she thought my presentation was great. I said I was surprised she was there, and she smiled and said she was there because she had heard I would be there. “Local boy, makes it big and returns a celebrity. I even have students who know who you are. There, that is three of them over there.”

We went over, and they were all playing a game of D&D that one seemed to be making up as they went along with a few others. Lisa introduced me to them, and they all shook my hand and wanted my autograph. “Wow Miss Tinker, we thought you were kidding!”

We both laughed, and I said she was not. “We’ve been friends for years, She was even my girlfriend way back ages ago. But we are still friends, and you all can tell any others that do not believe her that she really does know me. I’m no different than you all are back then. Just another kid playing D&D and making up adventures.” We talked for a bit more, then we let them get back to the game.

When it was time for lunch I offered to buy her lunch, and we headed on over to the grill and got some burgers. She rested her hand on the back of mine as we ate, and apologized for how she had treated me back then. I told her that was nonsense, we were both 15, and it was not like we were going to become a permanent couple at that age.

“Lisa, you were a plenty good girlfriend. We had a lot of fun together, and we stayed friends even afterward. So don’t ever feel guilty, or think you were not a good girlfriend.” She smiled when I told her that, and squeezed my hand. Shortly after we went back in and I gave my presentation of GamerNET. I gave out the numbers for Dee and Kent’s BBS, and told them what all they could do there, not only games and documents I had written in the past, but even small adventures I had started to post. “And yes, I am active in it also. There are hundreds of regular users from all over the world on there now, all talking about games, and sharing tips and tricks. And best of all, it’s free. All you need is a computer, and a modem.” I gave out the numbers, and said that there were others, but I did not know those people but they were surely good as well.

George then took over and gave a lecture on how to get into publishing, and the legal things to look out for. Then after that, Becky gave her lecture on what to look for in a publisher, how to publish yourself, or what services like what she provided could do. She was now a growing name in the small publishing area, and had distributors and stores buying direct from her, including Kent.

I hugged her when she got off the stage and introduced her to Lisa. We all talked, and Becky reminded me it was time to head over for rehearsals. We went to the theater, and as usual, Gloria was in charge of everything. I spent several minutes with her and Ken as they showed off their “SkyCam”. This was the first production model, and they showed me what it could do. And as promised, move from side to side, turn, and zoom in to capture almost anything they wanted. It also had a telescoping arm, so it could be lowered down to about 10 feet off the ground.

And as usual, Ken was marking places on the stage with tape as Gloria had me move around the place. At the same time, the Geek Crusaders were practicing several songs. I even noticed an older guy on the guitar was playing with them. During a break I went up and greeted everybody, and Sharla with a bit of awe in her eyes introduced me to Lolly Vegas. I shook his hand, and asked if he was new to the group.

“Naw man, I heard they were playing up here, so I decided to join them. I thought it would be good to see what it was like, it’s been a long time since I played in Idaho.” I thanked him for coming to join us. I asked if he was local originally, and he shook his head. “Naw, I’m from California, Fresno area, man. But I got roots here you might say. I’m Shoshone, but from the California tribes.”

I went back to the stage, and soon I heard them break into a song I knew. And I did a double-take when Lolly moved in front of a microphone and started singing. I looked over at Becky, and she grinned and nodded. Holy crap, we somehow got the lead singer from Redbone? And sure enough, they were doing “Come And Get Your Love”, and he sounded exactly as he had on the record. And Keith was having a blast working the bass on that song, one of the few that instrument plays prominently on.

Finally, we had everything marked out, and I asked Brad if everything was arranged. He said it was, and that when we did the final rehearsal tomorrow we would have the last person join us. I moved to the back and stood with Lisa as we watched the group go through several more songs. And Mr. Vegas was coaching them a bit on how to add a bit more of an “Indian” sound. “Drums, remember drums and bass. Yes, better. Becky, bring up the woodflute just a bit more, perfect.” Soon we all broke up, and I said goodbye to everybody, and asked Lisa if she wanted to join me for dinner.

I had already put four steaks in the fridge the night before, so once we got there I went outside to fire up the grill as she said she would do the rest. She laughed when she came out, and asked why I had no potatoes, or fresh vegetables. “Lisa, remember that I do not really live here yet. Kim and my family stock a few things like bread, butter, milk, and the like before I come up. So I just made do with canned and instant for the few days I am here normally.” She nodded, and said the instant mashed potatoes and canned mixed veggies were ready. And I could see the teasing disdain in her face.

She liked her steak medium-well, and I overcooked mine a tad but that was fine. Soon we were at the table, and I asked if she wanted a drink. I told her what I had, and she said a red wine was fine. So I opened a bottle and we sat down to eat.

We had a lot of catching up to do. I gave her a brief rundown on Lisa, and I learned about her ex-fiancee, who was a year behind her at Boise State. Seems he was an engineering major, and she was already teaching up here when he got a job offer at a company in San Diego and took it. “Bastard did not even call to tell me, he sent me a letter.”

I reached over and squeezed her hand. “Well, be glad for that then Lisa. When Linda ended it, she sent me just the rings in an envelope, not even a note. Of course, I learned years later that she had written a note, but was so high she forgot to include it.”

She shook her head, and we gave a toast to old fiancees. I saw that Kim had put a carrot cake in the fridge, so I cut us each a slice and we went downstairs, Lisa bringing the wine and glasses. I just put on a music station on the stereo and we talked as we caught up on the past 7 years. Both of us single, both of us largely happy in our careers. She told me how much she loved teaching Science, and I told how much I loved exploring the limits of technology.

It was around 10, and we were on the last of the wine when she cleared her throat. “Pete, I want to ask this before I lose my nerve. I talked to Jackie sometimes, and I knew you were here last year. And I know you and her had a fling while you were here. I know you are going back to LA next week, but can we share something similar? It has been a long time for me, and I could really use some loving, with a guy that I know will not simply use me. Can we be lovers, until you go home?

I saw Lisa was wringing her hands, and I reached over and took them in mine. “Lisa, so long as you understand I am leaving soon, yes. Casual sex has never been my thing, but it has probably been almost as long for me as it has been for you. And I do care about you, I always have. If you are sure about this, I would enjoy that a lot Lisa. But if you just want to kiss and go home, or lie in bed and cuddle I would be fine with that too. Do not think I require sex for either of those. I always loved just kissing and making out with you.” As I said this I reached over and caressed her cheek, my thumb caressing right under her eye.

We pulled each other into a kiss, and it was like I was 15 all over again. It was soft and gentle, and our bodies moved closer together until we were pressed tightly against each other. Her hands went up to run through my hair, as I caressed her back and sides. And after a bit, I felt Lisa opening my shirt and sliding her hands inside of it and behind my back. Her fingers felt wonderful on my bare back, and we pulled each other tighter.

And as much as I did not like casual sex, I could not deny that I was wanting some, or at least some intimacy like we were sharing at the moment. But had indeed been almost a year, and I was as tired of my hand as I was in my first year on Okinawa. Masturbation was nice, but I was almost at the point where I would be willing to pay somebody else to do it for me.

After a bit Lisa turned to the side and laid down on the couch, pulling me on top of her. She was wrapping her thighs around my hips and our tongues were caressing when we heard the door upstairs open. We quickly disengaged, and smiled at each other and she gave another kiss as she tossed the bottle into the trash and I grabbed the last of the snacks.

We went upstairs and saw Keith in the kitchen. We all said hello, and I introduced him to Lisa. Keith told me that Jan was over in the Big House getting Crystal. He was asking me if he could have some of my Canadian Whiskey, and I told him to go ahead. I got out four glasses, and after adding ice the three of us went into the living room. Keith watched as I added a few more logs to the wood stove, and then I went and refilled the tea kettle that sat on top. Keith asked me why I had done that and I was explaining that it was to add more humidity to the room when Jan came back.

“Crystal is sleeping, along with George, Grace, and Sam. I could not bear to wake her up, and Darla said it was fine for her to sleep over there. So no baby tonight.” She grinned, and sat next to Keith on the loveseat as I asked her if she wanted a drink. She nodded, and I introduced her to Lisa.

“Oh, we met already. When you were busy on the stage and Keith was playing guitar, Lisa and I got to talking as we were about the only ones not doing anything. So, is this another girlfriend Pete?”

I grinned, and Lisa nodded. “Yeah, we were kind of each others first, although we were only together a couple of months, and never really did more than kissing. We were all of 14, after all.”

I nodded and handed her a glass. She cuddled against me and draped my arm over her shoulder, and I saw Keith and Jan grin at us. Keith then raised his glass, and said “To the girls we loved in the past, and may we all stay friends with them in the future.” The girls and I all raised our glasses, and Lisa added “And the same with the boys.” Keith then asked the expected questions, and was surprised that we had basically known each other all our lives.

“Keith, that is how it is here. Some do come and go, but not like LA. Lisa, Jackie, Kim, Jackie’s brother Joe, we have known each other all of our lives. My mom and Darla, my dad and Dave are the same. Although my dad moved here with his family in the second grade I think. But close enough. Van Nuys alone probably had double the population of the entire area out here. Hell, the San Fernando Valley alone probably has three times as many people as this entire state.”

“Yeah, and now I really get what you mean by why you love it up here. It is peaceful, if sparse.”

I took a sip and nodded. “Growing up, I walked down the road a few hundred meters to the bridge, and went fishing. Kim and I played in that area where the campground is now growing up. Or skinny-dipped in the stock pond at the top of the hill.”

Jan giggled and Keith raised his eyebrow as Lisa laughed. “Really? You all really do things like that out here?”

“Sure we do. We only stopped when we were around 8 because our mom’s made us. But we continued down at the river until we were about 12. Ask Kim if you don’t believe me.”

“Wow, I can’t imagine that.”

I looked at Lisa and smiled. “Lisa, how old were you when you learned about the facts of life?”

“Oh, I think I first really realized when I was 4, maybe 5?” Jan raised her eyebrow, and I nodded and said it was the same for me. “Jan, Keith, you all in the city are really the isolated ones. I was about the same age the first time I realized that the thing I saw the bull put into the cows to make them pregnant was the same thing I had. When you grow up in the country, you know the difference between girls and boys early, and it does not matter. You all, your parents work to protect you all, here we just accept it. The reason Kim and I stopped skinny dipping is that I finally realized at around 12 that she was starting to grow boobs, and she saw I was as she said ‘popping boners’. So we stopped because at that time we thought of each other more as brother and sister than anything else.”

Jan nodded, and said she stopped sharing baths with her younger brother at around 5. “That’s when we first really become aware of our bodies. Before then, they are just bodies. At that age, the fact we are different starts to become of interest. About the age we start school, and our thinking develops more and more. At 5, girls and boys will play together more than at age 10. Then each normally plays with others of the same group.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.