Cardiology - Cover

Cardiology

Copyright© 2020 by Westside24

Chapter 8

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - A spinoff from a prior story Dr. Brandle and tells of a man who gets on with his life after the loss of his wife. There is some sex in the story but this is not intended to be a stroke story. Please don't bother to read the story if that is the type you are looking for.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual  

When Rene Patterson opened the door to her condo on this date he had an unfavorable impression of how the evening was going to go. There was no smile on her face as he introduced himself to her. He complimented her on her good looks but in truth, she wasn’t that good looking. Rene was a tall thin frame lady with short auburn hair and small breasts. Even with her war paint on he would classify her as average looking.

With her saying she was ready to go and not offering Paul a drink, it told him she was all business. That was later confirmed in the car when in trying to get to know her Paul said, “Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself, Rene.”

“It’s Dr. Patterson Mr. Leonard and I would like for you to address me that way.”

So this was going to be that type of evening thought Paul.

“To answer your question I received my Ph.D. in from Indiana University and started teaching at Ohio State. A few of my research papers that were published drew the interest from the prestigious University of Chicago and they offered me a position. My book “Income for Life” was sufficient for them to approve my application for tenure. I was satisfied with teaching there but the University is located in a dangerous part of the city with drive-by shootings and a high crime rate. I almost had my car hijacked one evening which caused me to have concerns for my safety. At a conference, I mentioned that concern to some fellow professors and in some way, the university here heard that and offered me a tenured position. This seemed like a nice safe area to live so I accepted the offer. I have been here for two months and decided to join the country club here. Does that answer your question, Paul?”

“Yes it does and if you are going to want to be addressed as Dr. Patterson then you can address me as Dr. Leonard.”

That remark he could see hit home with Rene.

“You... , you have a Ph.D.?”

“No, I earned that title the old fashion way, I am a medical doctor, a cardiologist in fact. If you want to be addressed by your title I can do that but it might be best if it’s Rene and Paul for tonight. Do you agree?”

“Yes, that would be fine,” she said somewhat chastised.

“I did read your book I may add.”

“And what did you think?”

“I thought it was fine.”

“I sense there is more to that than what you say so tell me, what did you think about the book.”

“The main premise of the book is fine in that it tries to tell people how they should be specifically investing after they retire for income and mentions specific types of investments. Most investing books talk about investing for growth. The problem that I see is that the book was written when interest rates were six or eight percent which is not now the case. The book is dated and needs to be revised. REITs and preferred stocks need to be expanded upon and discussed more in detail. Reading an income statement on a specific REIT is confusing for me and I assume for other investors.”

“Secondly, you seem to bash the need for a financial advisor by saying all people with a little effort on their part can learn to handle their investments and do not need to pay a fee for a financial advisor. That, unfortunately, is not completely true. There are situations or circumstances where there can be a need for a financial advisor. Not everyone can or wants to understand the market and do the investing.”

After Paul finished saying this he could see that Rene was quiet. He assumed she was thinking about what he had just said and also was maybe a little stunned. He doubted that she ever received much criticism of her work and he wasn’t sure if she knew how to handle it.

They arrived at the club and after exiting the car enter it and went to the ballroom. There was already a large crowd there and the cocktail hour was in full swing. Paul secured the drinks and they mingled amongst the people there. It became quickly obvious that Paul knew a heck of a lot more people that were from the University there as opposed to Rene who knew very few.

Stuart Chambers the University’s President came up to Paul and extended his hand and asked how he was doing. Paul told him he was fine and he introduced Rene to Stuart as “One of your professors.” Stu acknowledged her but he somewhat ignored her and talked with Paul about golf and Jim Stanley. Stu said he was playing with him when Jim got a hole in one on the eleventh hole here at the club. After discussing that event Stu told Paul to have a good time and left to mingle with other people.

Paul could see that Rene was impressed with Paul’s relationship with the President and at the same time maybe was starting to realize she wasn’t the center of attention.

During the dinner there were speeches. Each of the two co-chairs said a few words and then introduced Stuart Chambers. He again thanked everyone for coming and supporting this event. He said the funds raised over the eighteen years they had been having this event helped needy students earn their degrees which in the long run contributes to our society. He then said he was going to call out some names and asked the people who he called to stand and stay standing.

Stu started out saying, “Bridgmans, Colliers, Daniels, Stevens and Paul Leonard. The people you see standing are people who have attended this event every year for the past eighteen years we have been having it. Thank you for your support which is deeply appreciated. I also want to further acknowledge Paul Leonard because if it wasn’t for him I probably wouldn’t be standing here, he saved my life.”

Someone started applauding and soon everyone was applauding.

Rene asked Paul why the President said that. He responded saying that during golf he told Stu that he should go to the hospital. What he didn’t tell her was the total story. That was that at the end of a round of golf Stu was complaining about chest pains and thought it was heartburn. Paul put Stu in his car and drove him to the hospital where an EKG showed he was having a heart attack. Paul did an angiogram that turned into an angioplasty and he inserted a stent into his blocked circumflex artery which opened the artery and solved the problem.

Paul despite Rene’s attitude attempted to act as the perfect date. He brought her some drinks and danced to a few songs with her. He also had time to look at the silent auction table and place bids on the dinners at Parenti’s and Embers along with a bid on a half-day of fishing on the pontoon boat as he thought his son and his family would enjoy doing that when they were to visit. He also placed a bid on a whim for a seven-day Mexican cruise since the present bid was in his opinion very low. It was a trait of his that he couldn’t pass up a bargain. He thought if he won he could give it away as a gift, maybe take someone, or he could just go by himself.

As soon as he saw people were leaving he suggested to Rene that they should leave as well. There wasn’t much talk on the drive back to her place other than her asking how he knew so many people. He told her a number of them were members of the club and a number of them were his patients.

Arriving at her condo building Paul didn’t bother to park the car and just pulled up the entrance and kept the car engine running. He did thank Rene with tongue in cheek, for a nice time and wished her much success in the future. After driving away he thought he was not going to do anymore bidding on dates in the future.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.