A Game of Inches - Cover

A Game of Inches

Copyright© 2019 by Rhiannon57

Chapter 44

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 44 - A young man's journey as he plays football

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Fiction   Sports  

Alexis dropped me off at the airport that morning on her way to work asking me to call her and let her know what was going on as soon as possible. I kissed her goodbye and promised her I would call her as soon as I could. When I arrived at the airport, I rented a full size Mercedes CL600 Coupe, it was quite a machine. For some reason, it seemed I always arrived back home on a Wednesday, I laughed to myself as I pulled into the school parking lot. It was just after one thirty, less than thirty minutes until Ms. Carter’s weekly stage performance. I walked through the large double doors took the first right and headed straight to the office. I noticed there was a young woman sitting in the secretary’s desk, I guessed Ms. Wilson had finally retired.

“Yes sir, how may I help you?” she asked, barely looking up from her paperwork.

“I would like to see Ms. Carter.” I answered.

“Do you have an appointment sir?” she responded.

“No ma’am, I don’t.”

“Well Ms. Carter has General Assembly in about fifteen minutes, she won’t be available for quite a while. But I will tell her you are here, would you please sign in.” she directed, pointing at the clip board on the desk.

I quickly printed my name on the line and used the word personal for the nature of my visit. I set the clip board back down on the counter and took a seat in the lobby. I heard the secretary pick up her phone call in to the back.

“Uh Ms. Carter, I have a ... uh, Brian Stevens here to see you, but I told him...” that was about as far as she got.

I heard the high heels clicking on the floor just seconds before she rounded the corner, she was smiling from ear to ear.

“Come here baby and give me a hug.” she beamed, throwing out her arms.

“Mmmmmmm, it so good to see you sweetheart, how have you been?” she asked.

“Just fine Ms. Carter, how have you been?” I replied.

“Keeping them on the straight and narrow, you know me.” she winked.

She grabbed me by the hand and we started down the hallway, she was talking a mile a minute. She told me she was watching the day I was carted off the field to the ambulance and how she had been so worried. She told me about how she had just watched the Super Bowl and how proud she was of all that I had accomplished. She asked about Alexis and what the two of us had been up to. It was close to five minutes to two when we made our way to the back of the auditorium. I could hear the students filling in the rows, pulling down the chairs, getting ready for this weekly ritual. Ms. Carter stepped through the curtains motioning me to stay put for the time being.

She addressed the student body as she had done hundreds of times before, with her no nonsense brand of authority. While I’m sure there were a lot of students who didn’t particularly like her, most respected her. She was strict, but she was fair. If you were sincere, she would always take at least one chance on you. She finished up her announcements quickly, I noticed there was still close to fifteen minutes left of the assembly. It was time for her to introduce another of her visitors, as she called us, she always believed in having former students come back and talk to the general assembly.

“This is probably the fourth or perhaps fifth time this young man has been back, it seems every time he returns it’s with new accolades. Just two weeks ago, he won his second straight Super Bowl in as many years. Boys and girls, please help me welcome, Brian Stevens.” she finished.

The auditorium exploded in applause, much more than I had ever remembered as I stepped through the curtain. I looked over to the far right and waved to Ashley, who was in her normal spot with her glass. She waved back, excited to see me, it had been a while. I stepped up to the microphone and leaned forward.

“Thank you Ms. Carter, this always seems to be the first place I stop at every time I come back here.” I told her.

“That’s because you can’t wait to see me.” Ms. Carter answered quickly, leaning over the podium.

Everyone in the room exploded in laughter, she knew how to work a crowd of young people. I leaned over and hugged her, kissing her softly on the cheek. All the students started oohing and pointing at her, I could tell I caught her off guard.

“Kissing in general assembly, isn’t that a detention Ms. Carter?” I asked.

Once again the entire student body erupted in laughter, everyone was clapping.She raised her hands and settled the group down, then motioned for me to continue.

“Well, I really didn’t have anything prepared, so does anyone have any questions that hopefully I can answer?” I asked.

As is usual in a large crowd of young teenagers, no one wants to be the first to raise there hand. I scanned the crowd, but there were no takers, at least not yet. Ms. Carter stepped back next to me leaning into the microphone.

“Let me get this straight, we have a young man here who helped win this school’s first State Championship in football, won a National Championship in college and now has two Super Bowl rings and no one can think of anything to ask him?” she prodded.

Finally one younger looking boy in the second row raised his hand meekly. I leaned over and pointed at him, he stood up slowly.

“What happened to you in the game where you got taken off the field in the ambulance?” he asked softly.

“Well, I had what is basically called a stinger. It’s when the nerves in your spine are severely compressed or severely stretched. It’s a spinal cord injury that causes temporary pain and numbness to your extremities. In my case, I was totally numb from the neck down for quite a while. Fortunately it was a temporary injury, I was able to bounce back pretty quick.” I answered.

Another hand shot up, this time from a young girl sitting in the senior section. She stood up and smiled at me, then asked her question.

“Do you make a lot of money playing football?” she inquired.

Once again the room erupted in laughter, much to her dismay, she really intended it to be a serious question. I leaned into the microphone once again and addressed her.

“That’s a very valid question, why do you ask?” I responded.

“Well my boyfriend plays football, he keeps telling me he is going to play in the pro’s one day.” she replied, her voice turning somewhat sarcastic.

“Does he go to this school?’, I asked.

“No, he goes to school at Baker.” she answered.

“Well I’ll try and answer your question, but I have to go back a few years. I was very lucky to have a father who coached football when I was growing up. We practiced for hours and hours after he came home. Then I started training in a gym six to seven days a week, never taking a day off. I never drank alcohol or took any drugs of any kind. But I think the biggest thing is, you just have to be lucky. I was never injured seriously, I played on very good teams and someone took a chance on me. I never dreamed I would be in this position right now, I consider myself very lucky. But to answer your question, I would tell your boyfriend to put all of his effort into getting a degree first, then football second. I laid on a football field earlier this year and thought my career was over for a while. Football can be taken from you at any time, an education cannot. It’s next to impossible to play ball at the level I am at now. It takes everything you have to give, then you need a great deal of luck, as I have had.” I finished.

I answered a few more questions then finally Ms. Carter stepped in and announced to everyone it was time to head back to class. The groups began getting up in the regular orderly fashion beginning with the freshman. As they were starting to file out, I walked across the stage and down the steps over to where Ashley was standing. I gave her a warm hug and a soft kiss on the cheek, it was great to see her again.

“Hey, I didn’t know you were coming, you should have told me.” she said softly.

“It was a split second thing really.” I answered.

She asked that I walk back to her class room where she would give me a key to the house, so I could make myself at home. I walked down the hall with her, I noticed that she had a new room this year, on the other side of the school. As she fished the keys out of her purse, she opened the clasp and pulled the house key off. I took the key, left school and drove straight to Ashley’s.

I called Alexis to tell her I had arrived safely, promising to call her the following day when I found out what was going on with my grandfather. I woke up early the next day, had breakfast with Ashley, then left for the home about the same time she left for school. It was about a forty minute drive but I have to admit, it was a very nice facility from the outside. I walked up the steps and followed the signs to the main office, where I was greeted by a receptionist.

“I would like to speak to someone about my grandfather, Mr. Thomas Winters please.” I asked.

She asked me to have a seat, that one of the administrators would be with me shortly. Several minutes later, an older woman, very well dressed, introduced herself to me.

“Mr. Stevens, I’m Lynn Johnson, it’s very nice to meet you. I’m a huge fan.” she said, extending her hand.

“Thank you Ms. Johnson, it’s nice to meet you too.” I replied.

She invited me into her office, where she closed the door and offered me a chair. She moved behind her desk, rearranged a few pieces of paper, then looked up at me with a warm smile.

“Alright Mr. Stevens, what are your concerns regarding your grandfather?” she asked.

“Well for one, why is he here?” I asked.

“I’m not sure I am the one who is best suited to answer that question.” she responded.

“Is he sick?” I inquired.

“No not at all. Mr Winters is quite healthy, I think it was more based on his mental state than his physical health.” she answered.

“I’m sorry ma’am, I’m not following you.” I replied.

“Mr. Stevens, perhaps it would be better if you discussed this with his daughter, Mary, and her husband.” she urged.

“Well Ms. Johnson, let me get right to the point. His daughter Mary, is my mother, Richard for a lack of better words, is my step father. I have no use for either of them. Richard beat me as a child and when everyone found out, my father took me away from all of that.” I started.

“Oh I see.” she replied softly.

“I haven’t spoken to either of them in years, nor would I ever consider doing so.” I told her.

I could see she was getting uncomfortable, I was guessing my mother had probably filled her head with all kinds of garbage. My mother could play the role when it came to making people feel sorry for her.

“Ms. Johnson, would it be possible for me to see my grandfather?” I asked.

“Well of course you can, come with me.” she urged.

We walked down the long hallway, then stepped outside before going into another wing of the facility. There was a nurses station in the center of the wing, two women in white uniforms were manning the station. Ms. Johnson asked if my grandfather was in his room, they replied that he was. I followed Ms. Johnson to room 1310, where she knocked softly on the door and entered.

“Mr. Winters, you have a visitor.’, she announced, walking into the room.

My grandfathers face lit up as soon as he saw me, I could tell he was extremely surprised. Ms. Johnson excused herself, then left the two of us alone, closing the door behind her. I looked around the room, it was small to say the least. A full size bed, a table with two chairs, one dresser, a small TV and a night stand next to the bed. I sat down at the table across from him, he reached over and grabbed my hand.

“We watched the game in the main recreation room, I was so proud of you.” he said, squeezing my hand.

“Thanks grandpa, we played well.” I answered.

I could see that even while he was happy to see me, something was wrong, he seemed very depressed.

“Grandpa, why are you here? What happened, why aren’t you home, in your own house?” I asked.

He looked down, wringing his hands, he seemed almost ashamed. He took a deep breath, then looked up at me with very sad eyes.

“I don’t know what happened Brian. I forgot to pay a few bills here and there, so your mother had me put her name on all my accounts. She started paying all the bills, taking care of everything. A few months ago, she came home from work one day and told me that I would be better off here. So, here I am.” he admitted.

“Just like that?” I asked.

“You know how your mother is, she is the splitting image of your grandmother. They always get what they want.” he answered.

“So she has everything? Your house, the truck, your money?” I asked, dumbfounded.

“Yes, she does.” he replied.

I knew my mother had issues, but to put her own father in a home, just to take what he had worked his entire life for, was not something I thought her capable of.

“Grandpa, you’re ok with this, I mean being here?” I asked.

“I don’t really have a choice.” he answered.

“Of course you have a choice, that’s your house she’s living in.” I told him.

“Honestly Brian, I feel more comfortable here. Your mother and Richard, they don’t have any need of me. They make me feel ... well, like I’m not wanted. At least here, I feel like I fit in, most people in this wing are like me, not really needed or wanted anymore.” he responded.

I felt so sorry for him at that moment, I could tell his words were genuine and heart felt, tears were stinging my eyes. We sat there in silence for a few moments, then I leaned over and took his hand once again.

“How about we go get some lunch somewhere, just the two of us?” I offered.

I immediately saw a gleam in his eyes, a soft smile come to his face.

“I would like that, can you give me a few minutes to get ready?” he asked.

“Sure, I’ll be right outside.” I responded.

I stepped out into the hallway, then quickly called Alexis on my phone. I filled her in on what had happened as quickly as I could, knowing what her reaction would be before I even asked the question. After a brief conversation, I promised to call her later after I got a better handle on what was going on. As I leaned on the wall out in the hallways, one of the nurses looked in my direction.

“You’re the grandson? The football player from...” she asked.

“San Diego, yes ma’am I am.” I answered.

“He talks about you all the time, he is so proud of you.” she smiled.

Just then the door opened and out walked my grandfather, closing the door behind him. He informed the two nurses that we were going out to lunch, like it was some extraordinary event. I followed him down the hall back to the center of the complex, then out past the administration building where we had to sign out, it was required if a guest left the premises for any reason. We walked out into the parking lot and I directed him to where I was parked.

“Is that your car?” he asked.

“No grandpa, I rented it at the airport.” I answered.

We drove to the other side of town to a decent steak house and had a really good meal. After several hours of being together, the old man had come out of his somber mood, he really seemed to be having a good time. He was asking me all kinds of questions about Alexis and San Diego, I could barely keep up with him. As we headed back to the home, I could see his mood begin to change back to what it had been. He became quiet and distant as we drove the last few miles. When we pulled up into the parking lot, I stopped the car and turned to him.

“Grandpa, I have an idea. Why don’t you come out to San Diego with me for a while, stay with Alexis and I. We have a huge house, you could have your own wing. I’m off for several months now, we could spend some time together.” I offered.

“Oh, I couldn’t do that Brian. You young kids don’t need an old man hanging around all the time.” he replied.

“Grandpa, we have had Alexis’ mother stay for over a month already, it’s not a bother, I mean it. I want you to meet Alexis anyway. I promise you, whenever you’re ready to come back, I will fly you back here.” I offered.

“Brian, I don’t know. What about my room here? I can’t just give it up.” he protested.

“You said my mother was paying the bill, let her keep paying it. You don’t owe anyone anything grandpa, what do you say?” I asked again.

“I don’t have any luggage, few clothes, I can’t just walk out of here today.” he argued.

“Come on grandpa, just for a couple of weeks. I’ll bring you back whenever you want.” I pleaded.

The old man sat there thinking, I could tell he was struggling with the decision. He finally turned and patted my knee and smiled.

“Ok, maybe for a week or so, but when I’m ready, no arguing about me coming home ok?” he instructed.

“I promise.” I quickly agreed.

We got out of the car and walked back into the main complex, then through the recreation room which was quite full by this time of the afternoon. Two men who were sitting at a table playing cards waved to my grandfather, one of them calling out to him.

“Hey Tom, you up for some rummy?” one of them called out.

I followed my grandfather over to the table, obviously these were two of his new friends. He patted the one on the back and turned, pulling me by the hand.

“Guys, this is my grandson Brian, the one I told you about. Brian this is Don and Chester, two friends of mine.” he said.

“It’s very nice to meet you.” I stated, shaking both of their hands.

“Well Tom, you sure didn’t lie about one thing, he is a big son of a bitch.” the one named Chester laughed.

“Guess what guys? I’m going to San Diego for a while, hang out with my grandson.” he boasted, putting his arm around me.

The three of them talked for a while, then we made our way back to my grandfather’s room. I told him I would call the airlines and book the flight back home as soon as possible, then get back to him. I left a short time later, but made it a point to stop by the administration building and let Ms. Johnson know what was going on. She seemed really surprised when I let her know about the plans we had made.

“Mr. Stevens, I can’t hold his room here if he is not going to be residing with us full time. We have a waiting list of people wanting to get in.” she argued.

“If his bill is paid monthly, doesn’t that guaranty his room?” I asked.

“Well yes, but I don’t think his daughter is going to agree to pay for a room that he is not using.” she replied.

“Ms. Johnson, here’s my phone number, you can get me here anytime. If for any reason the bill is not paid, let me know, I promise you I will pay it immediately, it’s not a problem.” I told her, handing her my number.

“Not a problem Mr. Stevens, we will hold the room until he comes back. One thing however, you are planning to tell his ... um, your mother that he is going with you correct?” she asked, nervously.

“Personally Ms. Johnson, I don’t owe my mother the time of day, but I will make sure he calls her and lets her know what is going on.” I promised.

I left the home and drove back to Ashley’s, she was not home from school yet. I was able to arrange a flight back home the following day, we would depart at three fifteen in the afternoon. I called my grandfather immediately and told him to be ready for around noon, that I would pick him up then. I then mentioned perhaps, he should call my mother and tell her what was going on. He seemed reluctant, but after some debate, he agreed he would do just that. I hung up the phone, turned on the TV and settled down on the sofa. I must have dozed off on the sofa, my cell phone ringing startled me back to reality. I looked at the number, saw it was a local call, then answered it.

“Who the hell do you think you are, coming down here and trying to take my father away from me?” the woman growled.

“How can I help you?” I replied, with no inflection in my voice.

“You can get your sorry ass on the plane and go back to where you came from, we don’t need you here.” she yelled.

“That’s exactly what we are going to do tomorrow, we leave a few minutes after three.” I answered.

“Like hell you are, my father is not going anywhere with you.” she screamed.

“I think that’s up to grandpa, not you. He wants to come spend some time with Alexis and I, so that’s exactly what we are going to do.” I informed her, once again, in a calm soft tone.

I knew my mother well, she lived for the confrontation. She loved to argue and try and assert her will over people, she had learned that from my grandmother. The fact that she could not pull me into an argument was frustrating her even more.

“Who the hell is Alexis?” she asked sarcastically.

“Alexis is my wife, we have been married almost a year now.” I replied, calmly.

There was a sudden silence at the other end of the phone, I knew I had caught her off guard. But true to form, she recovered quickly, I knew she would.

“Well if you think you’re going to waltz down here, take my father back with you, then try to lure his house and money out of him, you’re fucking crazy.” she screamed.

“First, I don’t want a thing from grandpa, other then to just spend some time with him. And from what I have been told, you and Richard have already gotten your names put on everything grandpa owns.” I answered, calmly.

“Just get on the plane and head back to your whore wife, leave this family alone. I never wanted you in the first place, you ruined my life, you and that worthless piece of shit father of yours.” she screamed, slamming the phone down.

I just sat there for several moments thinking just what I could ever have done to make her feel this way. I never asked my mother for a dime in my life, I had been almost fourteen when I moved in with my father. From that time on, I had rarely even spoken to her, much less asked for anything. I pushed it out of my mind, but I had a bad feeling that I had not heard the end of this situation. I decided to call my grandfather, just in case she had spoken to him, as she had to me.

I could tell immediately, she had, his voice was nervous and shaken. He basically repeated everything that she had told to me, then adding he thought maybe I should just forget the whole thing.

“Is that what you want grandpa? Or do you really want to come out and visit?” I asked.

“I really wanted to come ... but I don’t want to cause problems for you, Your mother can get ruthless when she gets like this.” he warned.

“Then you be ready at noon tomorrow grandpa, there isn’t a thing she can do about it. You just let me handle everything.” I urged.

I then called Alexis and let her know everything that had went on, I could tell she was extremely upset at how my mother had spoken to me. I asked her to relax, everything would be ok, that we would see her tomorrow evening after work. I watched a bit more TV before Ashley got home, then the two of us went out to dinner, getting home around eight o’clock that night. I took a shower and went straight to bed, I was exhausted from all the running around.

I got up early the following morning, so I could see Ashley before she left for school. It was always sad saying goodbye to her, but this time I had other things on my mind. I decided to stop by the high school and see Coach Mike before I left, I always enjoyed our talks. I had just left his office behind the gym and was walking back down the hall to the front entrance when the bell rang signalling change of periods. Immediately the hallway was jammed with young teenagers all talking and scurrying to get to their next class. I had just rounded the corner as was headed toward the main exit when I heard a young female voice behind me.

“Hey Brian, wait ... hold up.”

I turned around to see three girls, all appeared to be maybe fifteen or sixteen at the most, one of them was walking toward me. She didn’t have to say a word, I knew immediately. It was Courtney’s younger sister Gia, the ressemblance was quite uncanny.

“Oh my God, look at you.” I said, holding out my arms.

She ran the last three steps and jumped into my arms, squeezing me tightly. I held her for longer than perhaps I should have, my eyes filling with water. I finally sat her down, then stepped back, wiping my eyes.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.