A Game of Inches - Cover

A Game of Inches

Copyright© 2019 by Rhiannon57

Chapter 31

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 31 - A young man's journey as he plays football

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Fiction   Sports  

“Brian, I know I don’t have to, that’s why I want to. Come on.” she The next time I woke up, the room was bright and sunny. I looked over at the clock, it was eight thirty. Alexis was not in the bed, but I heard someone moving around in the kitchen. I got up from bed and walked into the front of the unit. Alexis was seated at the table drinking a cup of coffee.

“Hey, how are you feeling this morning?” she asked.

“Much better. I’m still really sore but the pain is gone.” I answered.

“Let me see your back.” she asked.

I walked over to where she was sitting and turned around, she lifted my shirt up high on my back.

“God Brian, this looks awful, I can’t believe this doesn’t hurt like hell.” she said, sympathetically.

“It’s much better, really it is.” I replied.

I went into the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee, sitting down at the table with her. Today was Tuesday, our normal day off, so I knew I could relax and not worry about the team or game preparations for this week.

“I think I’m going to take the day off, stay here with you.” Alexis suggested to me.

“Really Alexis, I’m fine. If you have work to do, I can manage until you get back tonight.” I answered.

“I do have a ton of work to do, you sure you’re ok?” she asked.

“I’ll be fine. If I need something, I can call you right?” I responded.

“Of course you can.” she replied.

She got up telling me she had to go to her unit to shower and get dressed for work. She kissed me very softly and sweetly on the lips, it was the most sensual goodbye kiss I ever had.

“Thanks for staying last night. I really appreciate it Alexis.” I told her.

“You’re quite welcome, call me if you need me.” she answered heading out the door.

I laid around the house and watched TV most of the day, it was pretty boring. Alexis called me about six, telling me she had a last minute appointment, she would be late. I told her I was feeling a lot better, not to worry, I would go to bed early and talk to her the following day. The anti-inflammatory medication was really working well. I got up about seven thirty Wednesday morning and started dressing for practice. Even though I had been excused until Friday, I wanted to see the trainers, get their feel on how I was progressing.

I arrived at the practice about eight thirty, most of the team was still dressing in the locker room area. I went in, put my bag in my locker, and walked over to see Josh.

“Hey kid, how are you feeling?” my friend said.

“Not bad considering how I felt Monday morning.” I laughed.

“What’s it look like?” he asked.

I turned around so he could pull up my shirt, which he did so gently.

“Son of a bitch, I can’t believe you can stand.” he yelled.

Several of the other players made remarks of one kind or another, finally Josh dropped my shirt. I told him I was going to meet with the trainers, I would see him later. I met with the trainer who looked me over and asked me a bunch of questions, then physically examined my back by applying pressure to different muscle groups. I was still plenty sore, but I really felt little pain. He told me I could go watch practice, then report in after for a soak in the ice tub, then a massage. I thanked him and walked out to the practice field in my street clothes.

The offense was going head to head against the defense, something we did every day. I walked up to where Coach Cullen was directing the play calling, standing right behind him. Several minutes passed before he noticed me, finally turning in my direction.

“Stevens, what are doing here. You’re supposed to be resting.” he asked.

“I feel much better Coach. Besides, I was bored at home.” I replied.

“You see the trainer yet?” he asked.

“Yes sir, they are getting ready to work on me.” I answered.

He nodded to me then went back to work, directing this complex offense like he was playing tic tac toe. I watched practice until I knew they were maybe thirty minutes from finishing, then started to walk back to the locker room area. I stripped down and went to the medical area, the ice tub was ready. I got in slowly, I hated this brutal device. The whole idea behind this madness was after you got out of the tub, the blood in your body was immediately pumped vigorously back to the tissues stimulating oxygen and nutrient supply to the areas that needed healing. Some trainers swore by it, others called it voodoo medicine, all bullshit. I sat in the tub for ten minutes exactly, then got out and laid on the table. Hot packs were immediately laid on my back, I stayed like that for another ten minutes, that followed up by a short massage. I met with the trainer right before I left, he gave me two injections, then more anti-inflammatory medication telling me to double the dose for the next twenty four hours. I was back home for about noon, ate some lunch, then went down by the pool. I laid out there until about three, then went back up and took a nap, waking up to the ring of my cell phone. I looked at the number, it was from back home, it was Ashley.

“Hey hot shot, I haven’t heard from you in a while. How are you doing today?’, she asked, cheerfully.

“I’m ok, a little banged up.” I replied.

“I saw the game Sunday, they were trying to hurt you. I was so pissed off.” she answered.

“It’s part of the game, no big deal.” I told her.

We talked for about thirty minutes, just catching up really, but I sensed there was something she wanted to tell me. Finally she got around to it but I wasn’t sure I wanted to hear what she was about to say.

“Brian, uh ... have you met anyone ... you know a girl since you have been up there?” she asked, nervously.

“Well, actually I have been hanging out with someone for a few weeks.” I answered, cautiously.

“Oh, good. Where did you meet her?” she inquired.

“Actually, she is my agent, Alexis Clarke.” I answered.

“Wow, I’m impressed, a professional woman.” she laughed.

“Kind of. How about you Ashley?’, I asked.

“Well, that’s kind of why I was calling you. I have met someone myself. It’s only been a month now, but I really like him. He’s kind, gentle and treats me like your father did. He owns a small business in town, I don’t know if it will become serious, but I wanted you to know.” she finished.

“I’m so happy for you Ashley, I really am.” I replied.

“You mean it?” she asked, hesitation in her voice.

“Yes, I mean it.” I responded.

“Brian, I can’t tell you how glad I am to hear that.” she told me.

“But, he better treat you like that all the time. If he hurts you, he has to deal with me.” I told her.

“I have already told him that. He really wants to meet you. Oh, his name is Jeff Constant, by the way.” she replied.

We talked for a few more minutes, then she had to go back to her last class of the day. I promised to call her next week after the game.

After I hung up with Ashley, I was amazed at how relieved I was. It took me a few minutes for it to sink in, I was falling in love with Alexis. Two months ago, this news would have made me miserable, but I was truly happy for Ashley.

The following morning, the trainer cleared me to practice, although with no contact, mostly just drills. I was listed as doubtful for the game, I knew better, I was going to be ready. By Saturday, I had virtually regained most of my movement, although it was still difficult to get full extension without feeling pain. I was told, it would be a game time decision as to whether or not I played.

After meeting with the trainer early, I was told I was cleared to play, but I would not start, Billy would get the nod. I didn’t have a problem with that, I just wanted to be out there. Just to be sure I was fitted with a air cushioned flak jacket, with a thin plastic plate insert in the rear pocket, protecting my back. It was cumbersome and awkward, I had difficulty moving well, but I had no choice. I was in for a total of three plays in the first half, never catching a ball. We held a narrow 17-14 lead, but would get the ball to start the second half.

Late in the third quarter, we were inside their ten yard line, Coach Cullen was looking for a mismatch, he called my number. I joined the offense in the huddle, Josh knelt down and called the play.

“Delay, X Cross Right, Hook Left, 69 Smash, Toggle Y, Flash.” he yelled, above the crowd.

This was a simple pattern, the first read was the right flat, the second was left at the goal line. The third read was the back out in the right flat. I would stay in tight, blocking anyone head up with me, if I had no one covering me up or on my outside, I would help the tackle with his man. After a three to five second count off in my head, I would simply run a quick post across the goal line.

The ball was snapped, I drove hard on Lester’s man, pinning him inside, then broke off middle, turning my head left. The ball was already in the air, I had to react quick pulling it in. I was hit immediately, spun around, then hit again, finally falling into the end zone. I got up slowly, teammates immediately surrounding me to protect me. I was fine, but I passed on the Hyper Dunk, I wasn’t up to it. I picked up the ball and jogged off the field. We scored twice more in the fourth to put the game away, once again Josh had close to four hundred yards.

It took another full week, for me to be back to normal, I spend a lot of time with the training staff. Alexis was out of town on business, she would be gone for close to two weeks. She was only gone a few days, I already was feeling terrible, I missed her a lot. I concentrated on football and getting healthy. Three weeks later we clinched our division and a playoff spot with a win, we were 12-0 for only the second time in team history. We were the number one rated offense in football, our defense was at eleven. Josh was on pace to crush the record for total yardage in one season. He only had to average two hundred yards a game for the next four, the record would fall.

Then inexplicably, as these things do, we laid an egg in Houston, getting beat 28-21, our worst performance of the year. Josh threw three interceptions, we fumbled twice. No way you have five turnovers and win in this league, not unless the other teams helps you. Our chance for a perfect season was gone, which stunk, but the playoffs were all that mattered. What did change however was how quickly we would secure the home field advantage in the playoffs. If we won two of our next three, we would host the playoff’s until we lost, or qualified for the Superbowl, whatever came first. The problem was, if we won our next two, the starters would definitely sit out the final game, it meant nothing. That might cause Josh not to get the record, which he really deserved. He was only six hundred and eighteen yards shy of breaking it, hopefully he would do it.

We went on the road for our next game, which we won easily 45-10, Josh had a banner day, four hundred eighty six yards, four touchdowns. That combined with a loss by the team with second best overall record in our conference, meant we had home field advantage locked up. Josh was one hundred thirty two yards from the record, we had two left to play.

At practice the following Monday, we were told that the starters would definitely rest the final game of the season, possibly the second half of the game this Sunday. This meant Josh had possibly only two quarters left to get the record, it was going to be a tight squeeze.

At practice that week, all of the receivers kept putting the bug in Coach Cullen’s ear. We made sure he knew, we didn’t want Josh out until the record fell, no matter what. By Friday, he had heard enough, he called us together as a group and laid into us, although I know it was more for show than anything.

The tension was overwhelming in the locker room before our second to last game. Although Josh had all season long, down played the record to everyone including the press, I knew how bad he wanted. We all left him alone in the locker room, it was quiet and somber.

He threw an interception on our first drive, he short armed the ball, I knew he was feeling the heat. They scored first putting us in the hole, but the offense was right back on the field. Josh put together a good drive, we responded with a touchdown of our own, tying the game at 7-7. One of the equipment managers on the sideline was keeping an unofficial record of the passing yards, so the receivers could keep Josh informed. It was something that we had plotted on our own, no one but the receivers and the equipment guy knew about it. By the end of the first quarter we had a 14-7 lead, Josh had thrown for ninety two yards, there were only forty yards left to go. They went on a long drive to open the second quarter, they took almost eight minutes off the clock, finally scoring and tying the game up. We had a little over seven minutes to make it happen when we took the huddle. We threw on first down, a quick out for nine yards, we were down to thirty one yards. After a quick slant of fifteen, we were under twenty. With the ball on our thirty nine, this drive was going to do it. The fans were out of control, there were signs all over counting the yards down as we gained them. Josh couldn’t help but know, everyone knew now.

On first and ten, we ran a delayed counter trap to the rookie, who broke a tackle at the line of scrimmage, shifted gears then ran the ball the length of the field scoring quickly. We regained the lead at 21-14, there were a little over four minutes left on the clock. We never got the ball back, they settled for a field goal as time ran out. We headed into the locker room at halftime, no one knew what was going to happen. Thankfully Coach Cullen put it all to rest early, there wasn’t going to be a doubt.

“Josh, I’m leaving the starters in until the record falls, even if it takes the rest of the game. Go out there, relax, get it done, then we move on.” he stated.

The entire locker room erupted in unison, everyone wanted the record for Josh. He just smiled and waved to us, I knew he was a mess inside, but he couldn’t show it.

They opened up the second half with the ball, had a good drive going, but then fumbled at our thirty five yard line. The offense took the field, we were ready to get this done. Once again we opened with a quick slant pass reeling off ten yards to our forty five. The next two plays, Scott Douglas ripped off two big runs, getting the ball inside their twenty to the eighteen. Our opponents took a time out, trying to regroup, at least hold us to a field goal. Josh went to the sidelines to talk to Coach Cullen, everyone else milled about in the huddle. Josh returned quickly to the huddle, we were still in a TV time out. He leaned over and told me quietly, he wanted me on the other end of the record setting pass, no matter what. I looked at him rather stunned, while we were close, for him to intentionally hold the ball and get it to me, meant a lot.

“X Slant Right, Double Pick, Power Option, Waggle Cross, Delay.” he called on one knee.

This was a called pass, in which both receivers on the right would line up outside of me, then on the snap, both run slants across the field at two different depths about seven yards apart. I would run inside between them to the corner, hoping my man would get caught up in the traffic. By now the entire stadium was on it’s feet, they were seeing history. Right as Josh started his cadence, they showed us an all out blitz, stacking the line with seven players, possibly eight. I was covered up by the free safety, who was at best six foot tall. Josh immediately called an audible, signalling up and down the line of scrimmage.

“Kill, Kill, Kill. Seventy two, Seventy two.” he yelled, above the crowd.

I put both hands on my backsides, then removed my right first, signalling him I was going inside. I then looked back at Josh, he was pointing up, telling me he was going high with the ball.

The ball was snapped to Josh who was deep in the gun, I collided with the safety, immediately pushing him off to the left, stepping inside of him. They came with the blitz, I headed to the back of the end zone. Josh held the ball as long as he could then threw it up in the direction of the goal post. I had beaten my man inside but I knew this was going to be way up there. My only chance to catch it was to stop, plant my feet then go up, I couldn’t do it from the fade motion. I stopped maybe seven yards deep in the end zone, planted both feet, bent both knees then jumped with everything I had. My eyes were glued on the ball, it was there. I felt contact with the defensive player just a split second before I felt the ball in my hands. It started to slip, but I was able to recover, holding it out as I fell to the turf, the safety on top of me. The noise was deafening, the stadium had erupted. I was being pulled up by teammates, everyone was out of control. I was about to start in Josh’s direction when I saw the flag on the ground. The defense was signalling to the officials I had pushed off to make the catch. Four officials were conversing in the end zone, two were pointing back and forth, then talking to the referee. While I had pushed off initially at the line of scrimmage, if there was anyone guilty of illegal contact late, it was the safety.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.