No Contest Book 3: Tallying the Score 2001-2003 - Cover

No Contest Book 3: Tallying the Score 2001-2003

Copyright© 2019 by Maxicue

Chapter 35

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 35 - Ten years after the last book, Joe has lost some of his mojo and a couple of his wives, but finds it and them again. Eddie has lost much of his audience but gains things sexually. All in all, if it was a contest between Joe and Eddie, it had come out a tie, as the two become best friends again.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Mult   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Orgy   Polygamy/Polyamory  

The next morning Joe woke up fairly early considering the lateness in which he’d gone to sleep, and found Eddie awake as well. “We should talk,” he said.

Eddie nodded. “Studio?”

“Sure.”

“Shower, and I’ll meet you there.”

“Maybe the kitchen first.”

Eddie chuckled quietly. “Of course.”

Joe put on his clothes from the night before and headed to the room that he and Celia shared. After showering he changed into a short sleeved button shirt and some khaki shorts and went down to meet Eddie in the kitchen. Eddie poured him a mug of coffee, and they waited for the bagels to be toasted, smearing them with cream cheese and bringing both down to the studio.

Eddie brought a small table beside his chair, set the breakfast down and pulled out his twelve string. Joe found another small table, and pulled out his notebook where he was working on his play. He still wrote longhand for his plays and poetry, copying them into his computer creating the second draft.

“So?” Eddie asked, beginning to pluck at his guitar.

“Jane.”

“She’s good.”

“Better than good.”

“Yeah. I want to work up some songs with her, and with you as long as you’re here.”

“I figured. But we have some other engagements.”

“Ronnie.”

“And Jane’s in a band. The one she was in when Lech showed her abilities to Rhonda.”

“And she wants to remain in it. Go ahead.”

“They basically kicked out their bassist, who sucked, and who was also Jane’s abusive boyfriend.”

“Good. And you’re replacing him.”

“For the time being. Both they and you need to find yourselves bassists.”

“Unless I decide to head home.”

“You know Nate isn’t available.”

“And both Ronnie and this band need Jane.”

“And whatever you keep saying, I think I’m a lot more replaceable on bass than Jane would be. She really is something.”

“I got that. But what about when I’m ready to tour? I don’t imagine Ronnie will want to join me.”

“I agree. But that won’t be for a while, will it?”

“No. But its still problematic. Eventually I’ll want to come home. Both Rachel and I miss our kid.”

“Shit.”

“Yeah. And Joe, I know you inisist you’re replaceable. You’re not. Nige was Nige, but there’s no else I want to work with. I can see you like Jane. I like her too.”

“So you’ll keep working with her?”

“Yes. And we’ll figure it out. Whether we need to fly her to the east coast, or we’ll bring her in when I’m ready to record and tour, I don’t know. As far as touring, me and Ronnie can work it out. If we can. But ultimately it could mean Jane needing to make a choice. It can’t hang on her being both our drummers.”

“Who do you think she’ll choose?”

“I don’t know.”

“She’ll choose you, Eddie. If nothing else, it would be a lot more challenging. A lot more interesting. And you being one of her heroes just adds on to her decision.”

The elevator opened and Jane emerged. “My ears are burning,” she said.

“Did we wake you?” Joe asked.

“Sort of. But I’m right, aren’t I? Who else would you be talking about?”

“Joe thinks you’d choose me over your other bands,” Eddie said.

“It wouldn’t have to be for a while,” Joe interrupted her response. “The decision can wait until Eddie tours. Meanwhile you can work here with Eddie and still be with Rhonda and the J’s.”

“But you plan to head back east?” Jane asked Eddie.

“Not for a while, though I’ll probably pop over next month.”

“But when you do go home to stay, you’ll keep working on the new songs.”

“I would.”

“Without me?”

“I can work with another drummer until then.”

“And with Joe. Who’s more necessary than he thinks he is.”

“Smart girl,” Eddie chuckled. “And?”

“I think you should go where Joe goes. Just working on that amazing song, I could tell Joe is integral to your process.”

Joe and Eddie glanced at each other, astonished at her perceptiveness. “You figured that out?” Joe asked her.

“Pretty obvious actually. And I want to come too. And not just to cum,” she smirked. “The truth is, I love working with Joe. He gets me, and I think I get him.”

Joe nodded. “You’re a remarkably talented drummer, Sweet Jane, but maybe it had to do with how well we clicked than anything else.”

Jane nodded. “So it’s more I’m sticking with you than I’m sticking with Eddie. Though working with Eddie fucking Frank is pretty fucking awesome.”

They all laughed.

“What about Rhonda?” Joe asked.

“We’ll find her a drummer and a bass player. And unlike my old band, she can afford the best.”

“True,” said Eddie.

“And your old band?” Joe asked.

“Like I said I like working with them. I like the power of their songs. Maybe they could relocate as well. And retain Joe on bass.”

“Because you’d rather work with me than anyone?” Joe chuckled.

“Yep. And maybe Eddie can help them to the next level.”

“How good are they?” Eddie asked.

“They’re okay,” Jane admitted. “But a nudge might make them great.”

“I agree,” said Joe.

“Do you think I could hear them?” Eddie asked.

“We’re recording at Lech’s studio before Rhonda shows up. You could come check us out?”

“Not a good idea,” said Eddie. “Ronnie wants me to keep my distance.”

“Then I’ll have Lech dub the sessions,” Jane decided.

“It’s actually what I originally wanted to talk about,” Joe said. “Having us work up songs earlier so Jane and I can head to Lech’s studio earlier.”

“Sure,” Eddie smiled. “Do you want to work now?” he pulled his Altoids tin out and pulled out a thick doobie.

“Maybe in a couple hours,” said Joe. “I need to work on my writing.”

“I’ll go hang out with the ladies,” Jane said.

“Are they up?” Joe asked.

“I think so.”

“You want to smoke?” Eddie asked.

“Maybe later,” Jane smiled.

She left them to work. Joe writing and Eddie strumming. Eddie brought out his notebook and wrote as well.

A couple hours later, Jane returned with Celia, Rachel and Hank carrying a large video camera.

“Talking heads,” Rachel said.

Hank looked around. “Let me grab some lights from my truck,” and headed out.

“Too bad I don’t have Nigella’s bass,” said Joe, taking the just lit joint from Eddie.

“I got something,” Eddie grinned, and walked over to a door. A storage closet. He emerged with a large guitar case and opened it. “Something I found years back in San Francisco and stashed it here.”

“Holy shit,” said Joe, seeing the electroacoustic bass. Less unique and homemade looking than Nigella’s, but somewhat similar.

“Just in case,” Eddie grinned.

Joe tuned it, pausing for more hits of the joint.

Hank borrowed Eddie’s mics, bringing them over to each of them. “What about the instruments?” Eddie asked.

Hank shrugged. “I don’t think I’m equipped for more inputs.”

“Let me hang the condenser mic over us,” Eddie suggested.

“Like a boom. Sure.”

Eddie brought a crane-like stand in to sit to the side between the camera and them and set up the mic. Hank had them test it and nodded. “Ready,” he said.

Eddie and Joe continued to quietly improvise.

“What do you want us to talk about?” Eddie asked.

“Whatever you want,” Hank said.

“Rachel?” Eddie asked.

“Tell us about the bass,” Rachel said, noticing the similarity to Rachel’s bass.

So Joe and Eddie took turns talking about meeting Nigella and heading up to Woodstock twenty years before.

“So Joe was still your bassist,” Hank asked. His voice was quieter than theirs in the mic, but that was a convention of such interviews.

“Not anymore,” Joe chuckled.

“The first time we jammed,” Eddie explained, “it was pretty much a done deal. Nigella was basically slumming, playing in the Monsters. She was already an in demand jazz bassist.”

“She’d been in another band,” Joe continued, “which was actually more challenging than Eddie’s, but for personal reasons she wanted out.”

“Personal reasons,” Eddie sighed. “Too bad it didn’t take.”

“Can you elaborate?” Hank asked.

“You’d guess anyway. Her demon always seemed to catch up with her. Even in fucking Minnesota,” Eddie glanced at Joe.

“I did cut off her source there,” Joe said. “But it’s true I was less of a solution than I should have been.”

“Heroin?” Hank asked.

“Of course,” Eddie muttered. “Nigella was a junkie. Like an alcoholic who should have stuck with AA. It would have been NA with her. But for whatever reason, she never did. I’m the one who got off booze.”

“You’re on the wagon?”

“Me and Rachel both. Kind of each other’s sponsor I guess. I had a mega relapse when Nige died. Kind of emphasized the need to stay sober. Been sober ten years, right honey?”

“Yep,” Rachel chimed in. “Tell us about MIRE.”

“Good one, babe,” Eddie chuckled. “Nigella again.”

“Our first real collaboration,” Joe grinned, and they began playing her song. Acoustically and quietly, and without really thinking about it. “Our tribute to her really helped Eddie to move on.”

“I had the blank page syndrome. You know, writer’s block. We just improvised trading lines and it pretty much came together on the spot. After that, we kept collaborating.”

“But of course Eddie kept writing even better songs,” Joe amended.

“Joe’s a confident man,” Eddie laughed. “Except when it’s about music.”

“For a musician, I’m a pretty great writer,” Joe illustrated.

“See? Even this morning, it was brought up once again how essential he is as my bassist, right Jane? Right Jane? Don’t be shy. Let me introduce the newest member of MIRE.”

“It’s okay,” Joe encouraged her.

Jane finally emerged from behind the camera. Joe patted his lap and she sat on it. “Hi,” she said shyly to the camera.

“Let me introduce Jane...” Eddie started.

“Lattimore,” Jane completed.

“Jane Lattimore. Quite a remarkable drummer.”

“Thanks,” Jane smiled.

“How did you get to know Eddie?” Hank asked.

“Long story,” Joe said.

“Through Joe mostly,” she said.

“That’ll do,” Eddie chuckled. “How about we show instead of tell. You think you got that new song we worked on?”

“Sure.”

“Joe?”

“I can do it if she can.”

All three laughed.

Both Joe and Eddie plugged in their electric guitars. Jane sat at the drums. She and Eddie exchanged nods and she began a quiet marshal beat. Joe came in and then Eddie. By the end it was anything but quiet.

“And there you go,” Eddie grinned. “The newest member of MIRE.”

“Cut,” said Hank, and everyone laughed. Eddie pulled out another joint.

“Want to keep working?” he asked.

“Yep,” said Jane.

“I’ll go grab you some lunch,” Celia offered.

“See you guys later,” said Rachel. “Cool song, Eddie.”

“Thanks.”

She left with Hank.

The three passed the joint around.

Eddie set up his notebook. “How about some ska?”

“Really?” Jane responded. “Cool.”

Eddie showed Joe a simple riff on his low string. Joe picked it up easily. “Maybe slap it,” Eddie offered.

“Funky ska?”

“Yep.”

Joe laughed. “Totally punk. You have to dance to it, but it’s too damned fast.”

“They’ll be pogoing like the old days,” Eddie agreed.

“Cool,” said Jane with a huge grin.

After a couple verses, Eddie shook his head. “We’re going to have to slow it down some. I wanted to shift tempos at the bridge, but it would be too extreme. And I wanted it to be spacy.”

“Spacy?” Jane asked.

“Like a reggae dub. Faster than usual, but not that fast. How about I demonstrate. Let me set up the deck and we’ll record a take. Then I’ll layer over it with the spacy shit.”

Joe played Eddie’s guitar to set the levels, as well as talking into Eddie’s mic. Once Eddie returned he set up a rhythm, somewhere in between ska and reggae. They went through some verses, created a chorus and then Eddie worked up the bridge, a medium paced reggae, before having them do a break and returning to the verses and the chorus. They went through everything without stopping, and Eddie rushed back to the control room.

“Grab the headphones,” Joe said. A set sat on a table beside her, along with some mallet like sticks. Joe put his on. They could hear some fast forwarding until it stopped sometime before they began the final take.

“Just a second,” Eddie said and opened the supply closet, coming out with a digital pad with some knobs on it.

“Electric drums?” Jane muttered.

Eddie chuckled at her reaction. “Just for effect,” he told her. “Just play with it.”

“Sure.”

Echo, reverb and sustain with decay. Each thing able to be adjusted. Eddie grabbed another guitar. Fretless. And an effects array. “What do you think?” he asked Jane.

“Kind of fun.”

“Then have fun,” Eddie grinned. “We’re just playing around.”

“Okay.”

Eddie handed the guitar to Joe to set levels, shutting off the playback near where the final take began. He managed to wear the effects guitar just as it needed to be added.

And things got spacy. Joe there just to enjoy the effects.

“What do you think?” Eddie asked.

“Maybe one more time?” Jane grinned.

“You want me to add some synthesizer?” Joe nodded towards the mini moog.

“Maybe later. Too much clutter I think,” Eddie replied.

“Makes sense.”

So he listened to a second attempt, which sounded better. Mostly Jane much more in control of her rhythm and the distortions. But Eddie’s additions sounded better as well.

“Definitely fun,” Eddie grinned.

“Yep,” said Jane.

“Do you want to help us out Celia?” Eddie asked.

“Me?”

“Just hand claps. You can keep in rhythm?”

“I think so.”

“Just steady with the beat. Jane, I’ll show you some syncopated claps. And then I’ll add some. That’ll happen at the bridge. And the break will mostly be clapping. When I stop, Jane will stop. I’ll nod to tell you when. You keep on the steady clapping Celia, okay?”

“Okay,” Celia smiled.

“Let me set the mic up in the reverb booth. You want to set up the playback Joe?”

“Sure. From the beginning.”

“The last take.”

“Okay.”

“Channel eight.”

“Okay.”

Joe knew the rudiments of the control room enough to get the tape in the right place and set up the level for the channel.

The second time through had it. Joe found it to be a pretty wild and funky track. Fun.

“We should go,” he said into the mic.

On the way to Lech’s studio, Joe asked Celia, “Did you enjoy finally participating?”

“After getting over my nervousness, yes,” Celia replied. “I didn’t want to fuck it up.”

“You definitely had the rhythm,” said Jane. “Play any instruments?”

“No. But I like to tap along to songs. Make my own kind of percussion.”

“Would you like to pursue that?” Joe asked. “I could fix you up with some percussion instruments at the townhouse.”

“Sure. I’d like that.”

“I’m glad you could participate,” Joe said. “I worry...”

“I’m not bored, Joe,” Celia interrupted. “I enjoy the process. And I have my books if it’s getting slow or repetitive. Don’t worry about me.”

“Let me know if it gets old.”

“I’ll always be honest with you.”

“Me too,” Joe smiled. “And it makes me feel better that you said that.”

“It’s why I reminded you. Even if I shouldn’t have to.”

Joe chuckled. “True.”

“Speaking of honesty,” Jane said. “How do you think I should handle my decision to stick with Eddie?”

“I suppose I could say there’s time for that... , “ Joe started.

“But there isn’t is there?” Jane completed. “Not if Eddie’s on a roll and you’re leaving in less than two weeks.”

“I suppose I could stay longer. Make sure Rhonda has what she needs from me.”

“Or Rhonda can hire some musicians to replace us. It’s not like there’s not a plethora of session musicians in this town. It sounds like she can afford to hire them.”

“She can,” Joe said.

“Makes me wonder why she’s looking for basically amateurs. Of course I’m glad she did, otherwise we’d have never met.”

“I think she’s looking for people she’s comfortable working with,” Joe opined. “It’s what she’s used to.”

“I guess that makes sense. But isn’t she already out of her comfort zone? I mean, not working with Eddie anymore?”

“Maybe that makes her want someone she can at least be okay with,” Joe figured. “To keep it from being even more uncomfortable.”

“Who do you think that might be?” Celia asked.

“Someone not like Greg,” Jane grumbled. “A hot dog who, maybe worse, can actually play.”

“And who doesn’t try to hook up with Rhonda.”

“Probably Theresa more,” Celia added.

“Either female or gay,” said Jane. “The female might be interested, but I think Ronnie could handle that a lot more.”

“Probably,” Joe nodded.

“So Eddie’s out,” Jane continued, “because of Ronnie’s whole independence thing. You don’t know anybody Joe?”

“A couple people. Mostly musicians I’ve known for years. Musicians who are also from Minnesota.”

“Who?”

“Dylan. Westerberg. Prince.”

“Prince would be perfect!” Jane exclaimed. “He’s had his share of women in his band.”

“True,” Joe replied. “I’m not sure I know how to contact him, but I bet Joanne could track him down.”

“You should do it!”

“I will. I’ll call when we get to the studio. And the J’s?”

“I’ll see if they want to relocate.”

“Can they afford to move to New York?” Celia asked.

“Maybe Eddie can help with that,” Joe said.

Jane nodded. “I’ll get him the tapes. If he’s interested in recording them...”

“Isn’t that what Lech is doing?” Celia asked.

“Not really,” Jane replied. “He’s basically making them a raw demo on Ronnie’s dime. But I think their family has some money.”

“Then why the freebee?” Celia asked.

“Circumstances I think,” said Jane. “The deal when Ronnie was interested in them. Or me I guess.”

Joe called Joanne.

Between takes of the J’s, Lech announced, “Uhm, Joe, there’s someone here to see you.”

“Oh shit,” said Jane.

Prince had arrived.

“Joe,” Prince half smiled.

“Prince,” Joe responded, puzzled. “I didn’t expect you to come here.”

“You know I’m a fan of Rhonda’s. She’s not here?”

“She’ll be here later.”

“Who’s the drummer?”

Joe chuckled. “Jane Lattimore. Want to meet her?”

“Sure.”

“No poaching. She’s Eddie’s new drummer.”

“Promise,” Prince smirked, lifting two fingers. Boyscout. Joe chuckled.

“Jane,” Joe said into Lech’s mic. “Come into the control room please.”

Jane hopped off her stool and rushed to the door. Joe chuckled.

“Wow,” she said. “Hi.”

“Hi Jane,” Prince grinned. “So I guess Eddie grabbed you up.”

“Yeah,” she blushed.

“Too bad.”

They laughed.

“I’m...” she started. “I’m probably not your style anyway.” Plain Jane.

Prince frowned, but didn’t admit the truth of it. He shifted to Joe. “So Rhonda needs a drummer and bassist?”

“Yeah,” said Joe. “I’ll be leaving in a week or so, and I guess Jane’s coming with me. Like I said, she’s Eddie’s new drummer.”

“She hired me for the sessions,” Jane added. “And probably more. But ... Eddie...”

“Understandable,” Prince nodded. “I might know a couple ladies. Really good, but didn’t quite make the cut.”

“You think they’d be okay with Rhonda’s music?” Joe asked.

“I think they’d fit her much better than me. And they’re nice. Ambitious maybe, but nice.”

“Sounds like they’re like Wendy and Lisa.”

“Yeah. They write too.”

“That actually sounds perfect,” said Joe. “I’m sure Rhonda would be amenable to their ambitions.”

“Cool. I’ll let them know to come by.”

“You called them?”

“Yep. From what Joanne said, I thought I’d give them the heads up. So when do you expect Rhonda?”

“An hour or so? You want to stick around?”

“If that’s okay?”

Joe laughed. “Of course it’s okay. I just know how busy you are.”

“Yeah.”

“But I should warn you she has a friend who’s making a documentary. I can make sure he doesn’t film you.”

“That would be best. And maybe keep my name out?”

“Of course. We should get back to work.”

“I’ll just sit with your lovely wife,” Prince grinned.

“No poaching.”

“As if I could the way she gazes at you.”

Joe shrugged and he and Jane returned to the studio space.

“I hope this works out,” Jane murmured to Joe. “Kind of confronting the change of plans for me with Prince here and if these musicians show up.”

“Yeah,” said Joe. “Maybe we’ll be done before Rhonda shows.”

“We should,” said Jane. “Just one more take?”

The J’s thought otherwise, and they ended up reworking the song a bit. Both Joe and Jane were distracted. Worried. But they pulled their head back into it by the end. Unfortunately Rhonda had shown up by then. Not a lot before they ended, but enough.

“I’ll talk to the J’s,” Jane said.

“Chicken,” Joe returned.

They laughed a little nervously.

When he entered the control room, Rhonda was grinning. It made sense. A mutual admiration between her and Prince. The two women had shown up. Both blondes. Both serious. Pretty on the edge of plain. One a little taller than the other, but both midrange as far as women. The shorter one had a muscular presence. The drummer. Looked more masculine. Butch. The taller one had a much more feminine quality, though not quite a lipstick lesbian. No lipstick.

Rhonda came up to Joe. “Can we talk, Dad?”

She practically dragged him outside. “What the fuck?”

“I’m really sorry, Rhonda,” Joe said. “Can I explain?”

“Go ahead.” Hands on hips. The smile replaced by a frown.

“I didn’t mean it to be an all at once confrontation. But Prince...”

“Showed up with your replacements.”

“He showed up earlier, but had already talked to them, so they were ready to come by I guess.”

“Without my say so?”

“Will you listen?”

“Go on.”

“Jane wants to work with me.”

“With Eddie you mean.”

“Yes of course, but with me more.”

“What does that mean? Because you fucked her?”

“Because we click, Rhonda. Musically. I admit I like her, and yes we’ve had sex, but it really is the music. It’s not like I’m looking for another companion.”

“And her?”

“I think she and Lech would have hooked up. They still might, but probably a lot more temporary than Lech would have wanted.”

“But I thought we talked about her playing with Eddie and me.”

“Except Eddie’s on a roll, and you know how much I’m involved in him putting together songs.”

“And Eddie needs a drummer since Nate’s in college.”

“Exactly.”

“And Jane goes with you.”

“Rhonda, any way you look at it, I’m temporary. Well, without meaning to, Jane is too. You need us replaced. You know you do. At least me. So we’re talking about this, and I realized I could ask Prince if he might know some musicians.”

“Women musicians.”

“Exactly! And he did! And they’re here! With Prince’s recommendation! Can you at least give them a try?”

“Of course I will. It’s just...”

“I know. And like I said I’m sorry to surprise you like this.”

“Fine. Apology accepted.”

“Thanks. And one more thing.”

“What?”

“Prince seemed to infer that they’re nice women. Not prima donnas. But they’re ambitious, and write their own songs.”

“I’m okay with that.”

“I figured you would be.”

“I just hope their songs don’t suck.”

“Me too,” Joe chuckled.

“I guess it’s audition time,” she said matter-of-factly, and Joe followed her back into the studio.

“Sorry,” she said. “Dad and I needed a chat. Ladies? Care to join me?”

They entered the space. “Your set up?” asked the butch girl of Jane.

“Yep. Change them how you want.”

“Thanks.” The woman lifted her hand. “Mickey.”

“Jane.”

“You’re a damn good drummer.”

“Thanks.”

Jenna, the bassist, took out her bass. A cherry red flying V. “Nice,” said Joe.

“Thanks,” she smiled and took over his patch and tuned.

“You guys know any of my songs?” Rhonda asked.

“A few,” Jenna chuckled.

Rhonda chose one of her harder rocking ones. Then slow-tempo one. Then mid-tempo. The most complex. “You’ll do,” she grinned.

“Just good enough?” Mickey smirked.

“Nope. Much better. But you know that.”

Mickey and Jenna nodded.

“But if it’s okay with you, it’s my show.”

“Understood,” said Jenna.

“I still want to hear your songs.”

“Thanks,” Jenna grinned. “That’s awfully white of you.”

Everyone laughed.

And they began working up a new song. Rhonda’s all girl band. She couldn’t be happier.

Bob recorded the moment. He asked Prince, “How do I play this?”

“What do you mean?” Prince asked.

“I mean without you, those two women wouldn’t be here.”

Prince shrugged. “Put it on Joe. A friend. An old friend from his home state. A fellow rocker. Just not me. Look, I control my presence in the media. That I helped Rhonda out shouldn’t get out there. Understood?”

“Understood.”

“Good.” Prince gave him his half smile. “Now go shoot the ladies while I sit with Lech here.”

“Okay.”

Lech had been gob smacked by Prince’s presence, but had gotten over it. Prince advising him didn’t bother him. The superstar was selective and respectful. Lech soaked in whatever Prince brought him. A genius with vast experience. Even let him make suggestions to the band over the speaker. Rhonda was also fine with that.

“Prince?” Rhonda asked towards the end. “Want to get in with the vocal dub?”

“Sure,” Prince chuckled. “Just call me Neil Rogers.”

He ended up dubbing in a guitar solo as well, and even let Bob shoot both additions. But only so that the mic and maybe his mouth and chin could be seen. And his fingers on the guitar, borrowed from Rhonda. He left after that, and the recording session ended not much later.

While Rhonda negotiated with Mickey and Jenna getting legitimately paid through RaTL Productions, for Rhonda and Theresa, the L added because of the probable use of RAT already, and Theresa deciding it meant Loving, something that Cheryl set up for her daughter, Jane was doing her own sort of negotiating with Lech.

“You have your car?” she asked him.

“I do,” he gulped.

“I’ll ride with you and show you the way to Eddie’s.”

“Tonight?”

“Unless you don’t want to.”

“I want to.”

“I figured,” she smirked and kissed his lips quickly. “Let me grab the tape.”

“Okay.”

She’d dubbed the tape from J’s recording so far. Lech was a bit wary of Eddie hearing them, since they were rough, basically live. “He’ll understand,” Jane told him. “And they are way better than live.”

Joe was happy that Jane was finally hooking up with Lech. Not just for her or Lech, but for himself. Just being alone with his wife, Celia. But it did change a particular plan, so he went up to her before they drove off.

“The J’s?” he asked.

“I wondered when you’d ask,” she chuckled.

“I guess I was waiting for you tell me.”

“And Ronnie’s new band falling into place was pretty mesmerizing.”

“That too,” Joe agreed. “So?”

“I told them I didn’t want to break up the band, but I’d be leaving with you to New York when you left.”

“Bad news first?”

“Yeah. Then I let them know I’d be giving Eddie a tape of the sessions, and he might be interested in working with them, depending on what he thought. If they were game to getting his advice, which of course they were. And then I invited them to relocate to New York, whatever his decision, and that you and I would continue to play with them.”

“Best news last?”

“Yeah. They told me they’d tell me tomorrow, after thinking about it. But I think they’re interested. And tomorrow I can give them Eddie’s decision.”

“Good.”

“Yep.” She pulled him down for a quick kiss. “Have fun with Celia.”

“I will,” Joe grinned. “You too.”

“Depends on how trainable he is.”

“With you in charge of the training? Your metamorphosis from abused girlfriend to confident lover is truly breathtaking.”

She gazed at him a moment. A tear trickled from her eye. She embraced his much taller body and murmured, “I just needed to find someone who appreciated me.”

He kissed the top of her head, when she tilted it back, her lips. Soft and warm. When the lips separated, they smiled. “Lech?” Joe asked.

“I’ll disavow him of any jealousy,” Jane stated.

They both chuckled while separating. She went up to Lech. “Come on you big lug,” she said. “Take me home.”

Not long after he began the drive, he asked her, “You and Joe?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.