Variation on a Theme, Book 1 - Cover

Variation on a Theme, Book 1

Copyright© 2020 by Grey Wolf

Chapter 66: Closing State-ment

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 66: Closing State-ment - What if you had a second chance at life? Steve finds himself fourteen again, with a chance to do things differently. He quickly finds this new world isn't quite the same as the first time around. Can he make the most of this opportunity, and what does that even mean? Family, friends, love, growth, change, loss, heartache, sadness, recovery, joy, failure, success, and more mix and mingle in a highly character-driven story that's part do-over, part coming-of-age.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   School   DoOver   Spanking   Anal Sex   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Tit-Fucking   Slow   Violence  

April 24, 1981

 

We descended upon an IHOP about 9am and baffled the poor waitresses. A bunch of kids in formal attire, polite but somewhat mischievous. Not so much intentionally as just moving around to talk to other people. It took a while to get the orders straightened out and in front of the proper people.

We got over to the host school at 11am. Those kids lucked out, maybe, with a free holiday courtesy of us. Once equipped with name tags, we staked out territory in the cafeteria and started quadruple-checking our files, note cards, pens, and everything else. At State they spaced out the events so they should never run late and to make sure the cross-event kids could make it to their events on time.

My first round was at noon. I felt like it went well, but I was trying to remember that, instead of average competition, everyone here had already proven themselves somewhere.

In between rounds, I dug into homework. Second round at 3, third at 6. By the time we rolled out at 8, I was tired. I hadn’t really done anything, but the combination of boredom and bursts of furious activity and adrenaline was wearing.

We met two other district schools for dinner. I was starving; so was most everyone. We were also burned out. Of course we chatted through dinner, but everyone was a bit off their game.

We got back to the hotel about 9:30. I knew some kids would be up talking, but I didn’t care. I rolled into bed when we got back and was out by 9:45.


April 25, 1981

 

The wait-staff at the IHOP were more prepared for us today. I guess we’d left an impression. I tipped generously. I think we all did.

First round was at 10am today. As with every round yesterday, I felt like I was on my game. But then so was everyone, presumably.

The buzz went up around 12:30, while we were enjoying the catered barbecue. Lizzie braved the crowd to get the results from the posting sheets. She was back in about 10 minutes.

“OK, y’all. We have the following breaks:

“LD: Callie.

“CX: Janet and me, Martha and Anne, May and Emmy.

“Extemp: Ted, of course. Art, Emmy, Callie, Cammie.”

No surprise. My tournament was over, but I’d watch the rest and urge them on.

Meg smiled. “Sorry to all of those whose competitive year is over, and congratulations to those who are still competing.”

I stood up. “Kick butt for the rest of us, y’all!”

“Yeah!” “We’re all behind you!”

Callie gave Kenzie a big hug. It had to be bittersweet to be out of everything but with a twin who advanced in both events.

We hung out until the crowd cleared, then went to check the sheets. There was some grumbling about this judge or that. I didn’t have any complaints; I’d gotten two threes, a four, and a five. Against the level of competition here, I had no problem with that. I was right in the middle of the pack. For half a year of practice and competition? I’d exceeded my own goals, and that’s what mattered, not the disappointment of not exceeding them by even more.


Just after Janet and Lizzie dragged back from their quarters round, Sue turned up. “Steve! Found you!”

“Hi, Sue. Come meet the team.”

She looked around. “Hey, mostly girls.”

“Yeah, the girls kicked ass this year. It’s not as lopsided as it looks. Art and Ted are off somewhere. Five guys, eleven girls on this trip. Plus the two from Spring Woods we’re looking after.”

“Still! Awesome!”

Cammie had perked up and come over. “Hi! I’m Cammie! Steve said you’re joining us.”

Sue smiled. “Yeah, Dad got transferred. Can’t wait! Anything would be better than Lubbock.”

“I hope you like Houston a lot more. I’m a freshman; so’s Steve, of course, and Janice over there. We’re a pretty good mix of ages. Let’s see ... twelve of us at State are back next year, unless someone drops. Well, thirteen I guess, ‘cuz you’d count.” She gave Sue a big smile.

“We only brought six. And I’m the only girl.”

“That sucks. ‘Cept you get a room to yourself!”

“I wish. Believe it or not, I’m rooming with Coach. Apparently it’s ‘too risky’ to let the only girl room by herself. Who knows what mischief would happen?”

“Really?” Cammie frowned. “That just sucks all around. You’re with some guy, no privacy, being watched, plus the message about not being trusted.”

Sue shook her head. “I know! What, I’m gonna go out street-walking? Or invite the team in? I don’t like any of them a quarter that much.”

Cammie giggled and wrinkled her nose. “Eww. Yeah. No.” She grabbed Sue’s hand. “C’mon, Steve, let’s introduce her around.”

We made the rounds, everyone shaking hands or hugging. Or both. Janet decided I needed a hug for ‘findin’ such a totally bitchin’ new teammate’, and Lizzie decided, if her girlfriend was doing it, she’d show support.

We wound up over by Meg last. She was flipping through some papers. “Hey, Meg! Got a new recruit for you!”

She looked up. “You’re poaching off other teams, Steve? And Cammie?”

I grinned. “This is Sue. She’s moving down to our area.”

“Nice to meet you, Sue. Where from?”

“Lubbock. Travis. Can’t wait to get out of there.”

Meg laughed. “Honestly? I can’t blame you. Someone’s gotta live there, though. Job change?”

“Yeah. Dad’s with Texaco, they’re transferring him.”

“And you’re going out again next year?”

“I was wavering, but that’s because I’m getting fed up with our program. Yours looks totally different. I’m excited now! I’m pretty sure I’d have signed up anyway, but it’s different knowing I’ve got things to look forward to.”

“What do you want to do, Sue?”

“Extemp and CX. I did LD this year, under protest.”

Meg frowned. “Under protest? I don’t care much for the sound of that. Get in touch when you get down to Houston. Here, let me give you my number.” She produced a business card and added her home number. “I’ll drum up some of the team and make sure you’ve got some research buddies. It’s no fun hitting the libraries by yourself. Well, unless you’re a loner. But even then, it’s nice to have a ride or someone to go with on the bus or whatever.”

“That is so cool! I figured I’d be scrambling to catch up. I was hoping to scope y’all out, but then Steve bumped into me — not literally, I don’t think he’s that clumsy — and took care of that.”

“You’ll be a... ?”

“Sophomore, same as Steve and Cammie, I guess.”

“Yeah, and Henry, probably. And we usually get a fresh face or two. You’d count as one, of course.”

Callie came bustling over and grabbed Meg, so we said a quick goodbye.

“I still can’t believe y’all just call her Meg. I think they’d expel us or something!”

“There are only a few teachers who are like that. Ms. Smith — Steffie — Meg’s counterpart through the wall. She teaches Drama. She’s around here somewhere. Mr. Myerson — Tom — but he only has seniors. He’s Government and Economics. A few others. Mostly it’s the same, no first names, Sir or Ma’am preferred, all that. It’s really a conservative place, but some teachers bend the rules.”

Her eyes flicked to Lizzie and Janet, who were holding hands. “Conservative?”

I laughed. “If you’re asking what I think you’re asking, yes. And they’re only open like that around us. I’m a little surprised they’re doing it here.” I wondered if it was a signal to Sue. “Otherwise, well, Lizzie’s pretty out. But most of the school has no clue about Janet.”

She shook her head. “Anyone at my school is way, way in the closet. Nasty stuff would happen.”

“I know a few people who’d get sent to re-education camps if they peeked out. It sucks.”

“Re-education... ? Oh. Those pray-the-gay-away places.”

“Yeah.”

“There are a bunch of those near Lubbock. Ugh.”

“A bunch up in East Texas, too.”

“I’m so glad I ran into you! I better run. We’re all out of the running now, and Coach wants to drive back. Six hours! Ugh!”

“Have a pleasant drive, anyway.”

“I’ll just try to read and ignore the guys.” She stepped in and hugged me. I wasn’t expecting that, but hugged back instead of freezing. “Great meeting you and I’ll see you sometime this summer!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.