Walk Like a Man - Cover

Walk Like a Man

Copyright© 2019 by Coaster2

Chapter 23: Married Life

Young Adult Sex Story: Chapter 23: Married Life - The life and times of Joel Timmins, an Iowa transplant in Oregon. He does meet the most interesting people, including young ladies.

Caution: This Young Adult Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction  

I looked around at all the assembled guests in the church. I was completely surprised that we had invited so many people who knew us. It wasn’t just recognizing relatives and friends, it was seeing many people who I had encountered in college and at East Cascades. I had no idea that I had been in contact with so many people from so many different walks of life.

As the organist began the wedding march, I looked back to see my grandfather Timmins walk slowly down the isle with Naomi on his arm. He was beaming and Naomi was, as far as I could tell, just as delighted with our formal joining in holy matrimony. Me ... I was a bundle of nerves. I thought Marcus Conradi standing beside me could probably feel the vibrations. This was a huge step, and one I had never envisioned I’d take with a beauty like my bride.

The church was filled and combined with the warm June afternoon, it was also quite hot. Mercifully, the pastor had chosen a short ceremony to allow the congregation to escape from the heat and a long sermon. I’m sure everyone was pleased with his decision. My mother was in tears, as expected, but flanked by her mother and father, she was also smiling broadly. In the back of my thoughts were my father, and how much he might have wished to be here today.

As we were pronounced man and wife, I turned to my beloved Naomi and kissed her warmly, holding her to me. We broke, then with equally big smiles, walked arm in arm down the isle and out of the church. We were met with a host of people on the front steps showering us with cherry blossom petals. No rice or confetti, thank you. We stepped into the rented limo thoughtfully provided by Carl Heisler and were whisked off to the Redmond Airport and our brief one week honeymoon in ... where else ... San Francisco.

Carl and my mother had combined to book us a suite in a very nice, older style hotel. It was very luxurious and with a view of San Francisco Bay and the bridge to the Oakland side. We were tempted to rent a car, but decided that a city bus tour and a walking tour of the Fisherman’s Wharf area was a better choice. All in all, we truly enjoyed our visit. The weather was cool but sunny and that made it perfect for walking.

The week was over all too soon and we headed back to our home in Clarksville a newly married couple. I kept telling myself this can’t be happening, but it was ... it had ... I had won the big door prize. I spent a good deal of my first days with Naomi celebrating my good fortune. For all the years that I didn’t know what my future would be ... what my career would be, it all came together almost as if by plan. It wasn’t, of course. My life had been a series of good fortune and bad, with good easily outweighing the bad. Now I knew where I was going. I had a life partner, a career and soon I hoped, a family of my own.


Naomi’s business began to thrive. It was a gradual but steady building process and it now appeared to be on solid financial ground. She was happy with it and her partners, so that was good enough for me. My progress at East Cascades had slowed. There wasn’t a lot left for me to learn or experience. I spent some of my time reviewing labor law and employee rights at Emil’s side. Each state was different in one degree or another, so it was important to know what my responsibilities would be.

It was late that summer when Carl Heisler paid us one of his irregular visits. He sat down with Emil, Walt, and me in Emil’s office and laid out his plan.

“Joel, our year end is coming up and all signs point to another year of growth and profitability. You and Emil are to be congratulated. Emil and I both agree that you are ready to assume total responsibility for the operation. You’ve experienced all the various areas that fall under you and you certainly know the people here. I’m extremely proud of you and what you have accomplished. This plant will be in good hands, just as it was with your father. Keep Walter close, as he is the watchdog for any problems that might arise. Are you ready for the next step?” he asked.

I was silent for a few moments, thinking about what a momentous moment this was in my business life.

“Yes, Sir. Everyone here, plus yourself, has contributed to my education. I won’t pretend I know everything, but I know where I can go for instruction or advice. I’m very happy that you have the confidence in me to succeed my father. It’s important that I continue what he started here six years ago. I want to thank you, Emil, and of course, Walt, for your help and guidance. It’s been everything I needed to prepare myself. Now ... the rest is up to me.”

Carl rose followed by Emil and Walt, extending their hands in congratulations. “Well done, Joel,” Emil smiled. You’ll do well here, I’m sure of it.”

I nodded my thanks.

“We’ll make the official announcement at the year-end meeting in October,” Carl said with a smile. “It won’t come as any surprise to anyone here, but at that point, Emil will return with me to San Francisco to wait for his next opportunity.”

I spent the rest of the morning in a bit of a daze at the prospect. I would have a multi-million dollar operation to guide and over a hundred employees reporting directly or indirectly to me. The enormity of the responsibility was just beginning to settle on me.

“Is Walt in agreement with this decision?” I asked Carl and Emil when I had them alone.

“Yes,” Carl confirmed. “I talked to him yesterday and told him we would be meeting with you this morning. He’s well aware and very supportive of you. You two will make a great team,” he smiled.

I nodded. “I know I can count on him to keep me on the straight and narrow,” I kidded. “He’s been a big supporter of mine all along.”

“Yes, he has. It’s a great situation to have, I can assure you,” Emil agreed.


“Well, Mom, Naomi, it’s official. I will be confirmed as the new general manager of East Cascades at the annual review meeting at the end of October.”

Naomi jumped up and hugged me tightly to her. “Oh Joel, that’s wonderful. Congratulations.”

Mom was right behind her, but with tears in her eyes to belie her smile. “I’m so proud of you, Joel. If your father was here... , “ she tried before having to stop.

“I know, Mom. I’ve felt his presence all along. I knew what was expected of me and I knew I had to live up to his reputation. That’s what made it all possible. He may not have been here in person, but he was with me along in spirit.”

I got a tearful smile and a big hug from Mom in agreement.

Like most companies, the news leaked out regarding my appointment well before the October meeting. I had a number of people in the office and in the plant come up to me and congratulate me. I didn’t detect any suggestion that I hadn’t earned the promotion. I’m no politician, but it would appear that my track record was enough to establish my credentials.


Naomi and I had been discussing when we would like to have our first child. We thought we should wait a few more months so that I would be more acclimatized to my new responsibilities before we took on an even bigger one. In the meantime, Naomi had embraced Yoga for exercise and mental health. She was quite taken with the teacher she had and was learning more about the benefits of the practice.

“Joel, have you ever heard of tantric sex?” she asked one evening while we were in bed.

“No, I haven’t, but don’t be surprised. I always thought yoga was something you got in the dairy section of the grocery store.”

That got me a slug on the arm. “Smart ass. Listen, it’s something very ... I don’t know ... maybe weird. Apparently it’s like two people who become one when they are having sex ... making love I mean.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.