Hostage to Fortune - Cover

Hostage to Fortune

Copyright© 2018 by DeYaKen

Chapter 11

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 11 - Millionaire Will Wainwright was in his element sailing his yacht. Little did he know that someone was plotting to end it all.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Oral Sex   Safe Sex  

As they left Tangier behind thethem, Ryan started to realise that things were not going to go the way he’d planned. Samantha had come out for breakfast but hardly said a word to him. When he told her of his plan for a Mediterranean holiday, she laughed at h

.

‘What sort of holiday is it going to be, if I can’t go ashore?’

‘Of course, you can go ashore. Tomorrow we’ll put into Oran and we can go ashore and explore the city. I thought that we could go on to Algiers then Tunis, maybe Tripoli.’

‘All Arab countries, do you speak Arabic or Farsi because I know I don’t.’

‘We’ll get by with English and French in most places. Can’t you see the positives in this we are together? We have enough money on board to last us for months and we’ve got non-stop sunshine.’

‘What positives? There are no positives. I’m a prisoner on this boat. The only places I can go ashore are places where I can’t speak the language and have no idea where to go for help.’

‘Don’t be so melodramatic Sam. You’re not a prisoner, and yes, we can go places where you can get by with English.’

‘Oh forget it. I’m going below to read. Call me if you need two hands for anything.’

That was the way things went. They called into Oman, but they found very few people who spoke English, and Ryan’s French wasn’t much help. Algiers and Tunis were a little better. Ryan did manage to buy some paint in Algiers and painted out the name of the boat In Tunis he set about giving her a new name. Samantha laughed at his choice of name.

‘Billy Jean? I never took you for a Michael Jackson fan.’

‘I’m not, but the life belts, cutlery, napkins and almost everything else on the boat are embossed BJ. The new name had to fit in with that.’

It had been ten days since they left Gibraltar and the relationship between Ryan and Samantha hardly improved. In desperation, Ryan set course for Malta.

The first stop in Valetta was for fuel. Lying at anchor all night had meant they’d been using the engine a lot to provide electrical power. Ryan paid two days in advance for the berth, then went back for Samantha. As they walked into town, side by side, he tried to hold her hand but each time he was rebuffed. Sam was desperate to get her hair done so after a pleasant lunch Ryan left her in a hairdresser’s while he explored the town. As he walked the streets, in the warm Mediterranean sunshine, he passed several bars whereas many people spoke English as did Maltese.

This wouldn’t be a bad place to settle. He thought to himself. Perhaps after he’d sold the boat he could come back here, Sam would love it too. Warm climate, no need to learn the language, it would be their own little paradise.

On the way back to the Salon, he found a newsagent that sold English Newspapers. They were a couple of days old but that was no real problem. An hour later he was back at the Hairdresser’s and knew that he’d found enough in the paper to keep Sam onside. They went to a small bar by the quayside and after ordering drinks, Ryan unfolded the newspaper and opened it at page 4. Immediately she recognised her photograph. It was one of her publicity shots, quite flattering she thought. There was also a picture of Bee Jay II lying at anchor on a calm sea.

MILLIONAIRE’S WIFE SUSPECTED OF MURDER CONSPIRACY.

She gasped as she read the headline. The story went on to say that police suspect that she and ‘her young lover’ had planned to murder her husband, William Wainwright. The plan went wrong when Mr Wainwright miraculously survived and was picked up by a Motor Yacht owned by Sir George McMahon. If found guilty the couple would be facing a ten-year prison sentence. The rest of the article concentrated on the size of Will’s fortune and the way he made his money. Toward the end of the article, it said that the couple had evaded arrest in Gibraltar and were last seen heading for Madeira.

‘No! They can’t believe that. I would never do anything to hurt him.’ She said as the tears began to flow.

‘It’s what I’ve been trying to tell you, Sam. The truth is irrelevant, it’s what people believe that matters. These people.’ He tapped the newspaper on the table. ‘These people already have you down as guilty, and they are the people that influence opinion. Now you see why we have to run.’

‘They are looking in the wrong place right now, so we have a bit of time. We can wait until the fuss dies down, then work out a plan.’

Ryan already had a plan, one which he knew Samantha wouldn’t like. He hadn’t wasted his time when he’d been alone and within range, he’d been making calls. He knew they had to get Bee Jay down to Mauritius where an unscrupulous dealer would give them up to £1.5million for her. No questions asked.

‘But I’ve done nothing wrong.’ Sam sobbed as she repeatedly looked at the paper.

‘For the people who read this newspaper, a married woman who falls in love with another man, doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. It’s what I’ve been trying to tell you all along, the only one that believes you, is me. I’ve been trying to protect you, stop you doing something stupid. Trust me, Sam, I’ll get us out of this. One way or another, I’ll keep you out of prison.’

They left their drinks unfinished and headed back to Bee Jay. Ryan put his arm around her shoulders as they walked along the quayside. Once back on the boat Ryan decided to set sail once more. As night fell he started the engine and took her quietly out of the harbour.


I was surprised when I got to the office and found only Jean, our receptionist, there. I asked where everyone was.

‘Gone. She said.

‘What all of them?’

‘Mr McInlay went first then Ms Anderton and Mr West, left. Mr Wainwright didn’t seem too worried but it does make it very quiet around here. Tell me honestly Miss Fletcher, should I be looking for another job?’

‘I’m sure your job is safe Jean. This is just a blip. People will soon learn that Mr Wainwright can function perfectly well from a wheelchair.’

The door opened and Will’s voice boomed out.

‘Come on Stephanie, I’m sure Jean has plenty to get on with. Get us both a decent cup of coffee and I’ll bring you up to speed.’

I made the coffee and joined him in his office. He looked across the desk at me and smiled.

‘God, you’re a fine looking woman. How am I going to keep my hands off of you all day?’

‘You’ve always managed it before, why should now be any different.’

‘Because now I’m alive. I mean really alive, I’m starting to see things differently.’

‘Is that why you let James, Rebecca and Robert leave without even trying to persuade them to stay.’

‘They are yesterday’s people, Steph. Yesterday’s people with yesterday’s skills. We are going to need different skills, you and I.’

‘Now I really don’t understand. I hope you don’t mean what I think you mean, I’ve just told Jean her job is safe.’

‘It is safe, well as safe as anyone’s job is these days. We are going to fill those offices again, but we’ll fill them with people with different skills. This is a new dawn Steph, things are going to change.’

I must have looked as stunned as I felt because he went on to explain.

‘In the past, we’ve looked for asset rich, cash poor companies and we’ve relieved them of their assets. In many cases, these companies have been perched on a cliff and we took away the only thing that stopped them falling. I don’t want to do that anymore. I want to be able to pull them back from the precipice. We can still relieve them of some of the assets but we leave them as a viable business. We are going to need people with experience in turning around companies, not the fast buck people we’ve had up to now.’

I just sat there in shock. I thought I knew this man but even I didn’t see this one coming.

‘Come on Steph, say something, as long as it’s not goodbye.’

‘I don’t understand. What has brought this on?’

‘You have. You and the old man. You were ashamed of what we do. That’s why you gave away the bonuses, isn’t it? I nearly died Steph. If it wasn’t for you I would be in Davy Jones’ locker, and most people would have been happy about that. I would have left nothing behind but a lot of money and a lot of miserable people.’

‘When my dad dies people will say that he was a good bloke. Several hundred people will have had jobs and been able to feed their family because of him. That’s what I want. I want my children to be able to believe that the world was a better place because of me.’

‘What about the firms we already own, what do we do about them?’

‘Well some of them are salvageable and we save them, the others we do what we normally do. Take that company that made my life jacket. We would normally sell the rights to the products to the highest bidder and sell off the property and all the equipment. Now if we get a good manager in there and develop a worldwide marketing plan. We could set it on the path to recovery, then when the share price rises, we sell it off at a profit. Of course, we bill them for the manager we supplied. We won’t make as much money as before but it will still be a good living.’

‘And where are we going to get these managers and salespeople.’

‘We headhunt them. Dad knows manufacturing and he knows who the movers and shakers are, so I’ll start by talking to him. What do you think, Steph? Are you up for it or do I just get out of everything? I mean I really don’t need to work, I can live quite well on just the interest on my capital.’

‘Don’t make it sound like it’s all my decision. I’m just an employee here.’

‘A very important and valuable employee. One whose opinion I value. I think we can do this, but I want to know what you think.’

‘William Wainwright I have never seen you take on something that hasn’t succeeded. I don’t see this as anything different. I have faith in you. If you are asking would I like to be part of it then I say yes please.’

‘You know if I wasn’t in this bloody chair I’d get up and kiss you.’

‘Down boy. We’re taking this slowly remember. Now I think I should bring you up to speed with Mc Mahon construction.’

I went through all the negotiations I’d been through with Sir George and gave him details of the company I’d set up. The holding company had already acquired fifty per cent of the shares. We agreed that it was time to play hardball with the remaining shareholders.

We talked and planned until midday and I got another surprise. Will was just starting to talk about lunch when Jean came in.

‘Mr Wainwright senior is here to see you both.’

I looked at Will who just shrugged at me.

‘Show him in Jean thank you.’

Tom came bouncing in full of the joys of spring

‘Well am I in time to take my two favourite people to lunch?’

Will looked across the desk at me as if waiting for confirmation. I just smiled and gave him a slight nod. He turned back to his father.

‘I don’t know who your two favourite people are, but as they’re not here, maybe you could take us instead.’

‘I’ll settle for that.’ Tom said as he walked around the desk to take control of the wheelchair.

‘Now hang on old man. If we are going to lunch, we’re not taking this chariot. I’ll get my crutches and you’ll just have to be patient.’

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.