Hostage to Fortune - Cover

Hostage to Fortune

Copyright© 2018 by DeYaKen

Chapter 8

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Millionaire Will Wainwright was in his element sailing his yacht. Little did he know that someone was plotting to end it all.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Oral Sex   Safe Sex  

Ryan made it clear that he was not a happy bunny when he arrived at the police station. Inspector Garcia had him and Samantha taken to separate interview rooms. As Joseph Garcia walked into the room Ryan made his displeasure known. The inspector said nothing until he was sitting at the table opposite Ryan.

‘Now Mr Betts why don’t you tell me all you know about the disappearance of Mr Wainwright.’

‘I’ve already filed a report with the Harbourmaster.’

‘Yes I know that sir, it was the Harbourmaster who passed the case on to me’

‘Then you know what happened.’

‘I’d just like you to go through it again, sir. A man is missing, maybe dead and we need to get to the bottom of it. I’m sure you don’t think a couple of hours of your time is more important than finding out what happened to him? Now sir can you please tell me, in your own words, what happened on the night Mr Wainwright disappeared.’

Ryan started to tell the tale and the Inspector noted the fact that it was almost, word for word, the same as Samantha’s story. The inspector let him finish before asking questions.

‘Whereabouts on the ship do you sleep Mr Betts?’

‘What? What the hell has that got to do with anything?’

‘Just answer the question if you would sir.’

‘In the crew’s cabin, where do you think?’

‘That’s what puzzles me, sir. You see when I went around the ship this morning, I could see no evidence of anyone living in the crew’s cabin, nor in the heads, that is what you call the toilets on a ship isn’t it sir?’

‘Yes it is, but I still don’t see what you’re getting at.’

‘it’s quite simple, sir. When Mrs Wainwright showed me around the boat this morning, the only room that showed any evidence of occupation was the main cabin occupied by Mr and Mrs Wainwright. Now if Mrs Wainwright slept there, where did you sleep? I’m just trying to understand how it was that you didn’t get up on deck until after Mr Wainwright got washed overboard.’

There was a knock at the door and a uniformed officer came into the room and gave the inspector a piece of paper. Joe Garcia read what was on the paper and returned to the interview.

‘We’ve got another little problem now, sir it seems that there is evidence of blood being spilt in the cockpit area of the ship. Could you shed any light on that sir?’

‘What. No. I don’t know, perhaps Will was injured before he went over the side. Perhaps, like me, he got hit by the aft boom.’

‘Ah yes sir, your injury. That happened at the same time as Mr Wainwright disappeared, did it not?’

‘Yes you know it did.’

‘The strange thing is, sir, Dr Etheridge says it happened less than 24 hours ago.’

‘No the doctor is wrong.’

Another knock at the door and an officer came in with another note. The inspector read the note and looked at Ryan.

‘Excuse me, sir.’ He got up and left the room.

‘All right! So when did all this happen?’ He shouted as he walked into the squad room.

‘It’s just been on the news sir,’ the duty sergeant replied. ‘They just showed him leaving a French hospital.’

‘Shit! Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. Has anyone called the forensic team?’

‘Not yet sir, no’

Inspector Garcia walked to the nearest desk picked up the phone and punched in the number

‘Dennis, gather up what evidence you’ve got and pull out.’

‘What do you mean pull out. We’re getting somewhere here Joe. We’ve found an oar with blood and hair on it and blood on the floor. I thought this was a waste of time but now I think we’re on to something.’

‘He’s been found, Dennis. So it looks like there’s no crime to investigate. Just pack up what you’ve got and pull your crew out of there.’

‘What about the oar Joe? It’s got fingerprints and palm prints on the blade. If there had been a murder, I’d bet money that the oar was the weapon.’

‘Bring it back with you Dennis. Who knows maybe when we find out what happened, the evidence could be useful. In the meantime, I’m going to have to let these two go. I don’t like doing it, but until I’ve got a crime, I’ve got no reason to hold them’

‘Okay, Joe we’ll see you later.’

The inspector put the phone down and went down the corridor to the interview room, collected Samantha and took her to the room where Ryan was waiting.

‘Well Mrs Wainwright, Mr Betts, I have some good news for you. Mr Wainwright is alive and has just left a hospital in France. Quite how he got from Portugal to France I don’t know, but I’m sure it will all come out in the fullness of time.’

Samantha seemed to go faint and had to be supported while Ryan just sat quietly. As she regained her composure, she looked at the inspector.

‘This is not some cruel joke is it inspector. Will really is alive?’

‘Yes madam it was on the afternoon news today. I believe he is being flown to London as we speak.’

‘Thank you, Inspector, thank you.’ She went to Ryan. ‘He’s alive Ryan. He’s alive’

‘Yeah that’s really good news thank you, Inspector. Does that mean we’re free to go now?’

‘You’ve been free to leave at any time, sir. We appreciate you taking the time to help us with our enquiries. We have nothing more to ask you at this stage. Thank you again for coming in.’

As the pair left the police station, Joe Garcia looked at his sergeant.

‘I’ll tell you now John, there is something that doesn’t add up with those two, but until I’ve got a crime to investigate, there is nothing more I can do.’

Ryan walked quickly out of the station with Samantha almost running to keep up.

‘Ryan slow down. It’s all over he’s alive. Ryan.’

‘Shut up you silly cow, and get a move on.’

‘We don’t have to run anymore. He’s alive.’

‘Don’t be stupid, of course, we have to run. Once he tells people what happened we’ll both be charged with attempted murder. I have no intention of spending the next five or ten years, locked away.’

All the way back to the boat Samantha pleaded with him but Ryan kept walking. As they reached the boat, Ryan lifted the bow rope off the cleat and stepped on to the boat.

‘Get the stern rope,’ He yelled at Samantha as she reached the boat.

She picked up the rope and standing on the edge of the dock, threw the rope into the cockpit. He held his hand out to help her aboard.

‘I’m not coming, Ryan, I’m staying here.’

‘The hell you are.’ He said leaning forward and grabbing her legs. As he pulled her onto the boat, they both fell down into the cockpit. Ryan scrambled to his feet, started the engine and pulled Bee Jay away from the dock. As Sam got up, he told her to get below and stay there. Turning the boat around he pushed the throttle forward and headed for the harbour entrance.


‘What are you going to do about Sam and the lad?’ Tom asked once we were aboard the plane.

‘I’m not sure yet. –Where are they Steph?’

‘I can’t tell you right now since we don’t have an internet connection on the plane. I can say they docked in Gibraltar earlier today. –Have you remembered anything about what happened.’

‘I don’t know whether it is a memory or a dream but I think I’ve remembered something. One minute I’m standing at the helm, the next I’m on the floor being dragged to the side. I think foul play was more or less certain after they reported me lost off Portugal. As soon as we get home I think I’ll call New Scotland Yard.’

‘Shouldn’t we have reported it to the gendarmes France was the nearest country?’ I asked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.