Hostage to Fortune - Cover

Hostage to Fortune

Copyright© 2018 by DeYaKen

Chapter 6

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Millionaire Will Wainwright was in his element sailing his yacht. Little did he know that someone was plotting to end it all.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Oral Sex   Safe Sex  

Tom came back at about the same time as Dr Montand. The Doctor was his usual cheerful self but was giving Will an odd look.

‘You know M’seiur Wainwright you are a puzzle to me. I hear on the radio this morning that millionaire businessman William Wainwright was washed overboard from his boat last night. I think that cannot be our M’seiur Wainwright because he has been in my Hospital for three days, and the other man only disappeared last night off the coast of Portugal. On the television, at lunchtime, they show his picture and I see it is my M’seiur Wainwright. So tell me are you like your English Dr Who? Have you travelled through time and space so I can make you well before you disappear?’

‘I’m sorry Doc I can’t tell you a lot. I don’t know why they’ve only just reported me missing.’

Tom intervened asking for a quick word with the doctor. He went through everything that had happened and why we’d tried to keep it quiet. Tom asked if Will’s presence in the hospital could be kept quiet for a few days more. He mentioned his father’s exploits in the famous raid.

‘M’seiur Wainwright I will do my best to keep it quiet. It shouldn’t be difficult because everyone expects you to be found in Portugal. I ask only that when you do release the information, you talk to our local newspaper. We are raising money for a new CT Scanner. It would be good for the campaign, there is still a lot of interest in your No1 Commando men.’

Tom put his arm around the doctor’s shoulders. ‘Dr Montand, after what you’ve done for my boy, a scanner is the least we can do. I know you’ve got tests to run. Please keep us informed. Things haven’t always been too good between me and my son. He may not tell me everything.’

Tom wanted me to leave but I wanted to know what was happening so we waited outside of the room for what seemed like hours. Eventually, the doctor came out and this time his smile was not so broad.

‘As I said before his cognitive powers seem good. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for his motor control. He doesn’t seem to be able to control his left leg. Reflexes are all good and he can feel pain in the leg, but full control is not there. Is the head injury, I think. It may return, but he may have to learn to walk all over again.’

Tom’s face dropped but I tried to be positive. ‘But he is alright. All the things that make him Will Wainwright, that is all undamaged.’

‘It is ard to tell such things mam’selle. Dealing with the physical problems may change him. He has had to confront is own mortality, that often changes a man’s outlook. I keep him ere another two maybe three days, so I can be sure there are no complications, then you take him home for your doctors to get him back on his feet.’

Will was somewhat subdued when we went back into the room. I couldn’t remember a time when he looked so down.

‘Looks like you’ve got your wish Steph, you’re going to have to deal with Sir George on your own. I’m not going to be doing much for a while. Looks like my days of making the business world tremble are over for a while.’

‘That’s not fair and you know it. My only wish was for you to be unharmed. I’ve already told you I don’t want to run your business.’

‘Now lad, if it weren’t for this lass you wouldn’t even be here. So just lay off. You’ve had a couple of big shocks, so we’ll cut you some slack, but I have to say your mum would be appalled if she heard you taking it out on this girl.’

Tom turned to me. ‘You get off lass. Go and get some lunch and take a break. I’ll deal with misery guts.’

I got back that evening to find The Rolling Stones on the iPod and Father and son arguing.

‘They’re all playing different things, there’s no structure to it.’ Will said.

‘Aye lad it’s like life, sometimes you just let people do their own thing and it just works.’

‘It’s a noise. Tell him Steph.’

‘I quite like it. I grew up with The Stones My dad’s favourite was The Midnight Rambler.’

‘Now you’re talking lass, your father had good taste.’

Will sat in the bed with his hands over his ears, pretending to cringe. He had the look of a little boy willing his parents not to punish him. If his adversaries in The City and Wall Street saw him now they’d wonder why they ever feared him. I pulled out my phone and pointed it towards him.

‘I’m going to photograph that look and put it on the internet. Will Wainwright looking for attention.’

‘Don’t you dare. Come on Fletcher give me the phone.’

Tom interrupted our little game by telling us he was going out to dinner. Dr Montand had put him in touch with a member of the memorial association.

After Tom left things went quiet for a while. Will seemed to look at me in a strange way, almost as if he was seeing me for the first time. It made me feel a bit nervous so I broke the silence.

‘You two seem to be getting on better.’

‘What? Oh! You mean dad and me. Yeah, I’ve been enjoying winding him up a bit.’

‘Well whatever it is has put you in a better mood’

‘Yes! I realised that until I can walk again, I can still work just as well from a wheelchair. I am going to you know. Walk that is.’

‘I never doubted it for a minute.’ I smiled at him.

He started giving me that look again. ‘How old are you Steph? 26? 27?’

‘I’m 29, not that it is any of your business.’

‘No potential suitors on the horizon? I mean a woman of 29 has got to have thought about marriage at some time.’

‘I’ve thought about it but I don’t seem to have the time for relationships.’

‘I thought they’d be queueing around the block. A girl like you should be beating them off with a stick.’

‘Perhaps I already have, and they’ve got tired of being beaten.’

‘More fool them. –So there’s no one likely to sweep you off your feet and take you away from me?’

‘No I don’t think so.’

‘Good, good. Now tell me about your plan for Sir George’

I outlined the plan to him and told him that having seen the news, Sir George had been on the phone asking what was happening.

‘Did you tell him I was OK?’

‘I told him he had nothing to worry about. He seemed to accept that.’

‘Good girl. Now you’ve got Sir George onside, do you think you can handle acquiring the company?’

‘Are you serious?’

‘Of course, I am you’ve already got Sir George eating out of your hand. I bet he trusts you more than he trusts me. I can always help if you need it, but I’m sure you won’t.’

‘Well since you have such faith in me, you’ll have no problems with the plans I’ve made for your recovery.’

We talked about physiotherapy and what needed to be done to ensure that he could cope in his flat. We talked about what to do about Sam and Ryan without any real decision. As evening came upon us, Will advised me to go back to the hotel.

‘I don’t need anyone to sit with me. You and dad should get a good night’s sleep.’

I fought against an overwhelming urge to kiss him. I just said goodnight and left.


Ryan felt a level of relief as he cuddled up Samantha’s back. Having filed the man overboard report he was over one more hurdle. If he could just get Samantha to hold her nerve, it would still work. Once more he cursed the change of plan. If Sam had flown to Gibraltar she wouldn’t have seen it happen. He was convinced that it was seeing it happen that had caused her adverse reaction. Maybe he should have left it until the homeward journey at the end of the Holiday.

`Holiday he’d called it, but everyone knew Will Wainwright never took Holidays. Even on this one, he’d planned to fly back to London to do some business. How could a woman love a man like that, who always put business first? Sam deserved better than that. She deserved the attention that only he could give her.’

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.