Loosening Up - Book 3 - Growth - Cover

Loosening Up - Book 3 - Growth

Copyright© 2018 by Wolf

Chapter 22: Confrontation

Sex Story: Chapter 22: Confrontation - Having moved to their new cohousing 'Circle', the group of friends continue their loving and sexual relationships, only to find that others also want to participate with them in the same way. The Circle grows, but not without some unusual events. Several new hobbies also intrigue the Circle members and lead to further complex relationships. (You must read Books 1 and 2 prior to this one.)

Caution: This Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Sharing   Incest   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Swinging  

Eight people were in the van as it pulled up in front of Amanda Tyler’s apartment building. Those in attendance were Joan Coswell, Dale Harnett, Alice and Dave Prentiss, Derek and Emily Wilson, Clive Henderson, Esquire – Joan’s divorce attorney, and Sgt. Jeffery Wallace of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Department. The latter was officially the process server of the divorce papers on Brian Coswell, Joan’s soon to be ex-husband. He was also there to ensure that no fights or worse broke out between any of the participants in the intervention that was about to occur.

The group tiptoed up the stairs and were waved to the door by a man who worked in Dale’s PI firm. Brian was still inside, where he’d been most evenings since Joan had left the city over two months earlier.

The sergeant knocked on the door. Not surprisingly, Brian opened the door. The sheriff stepped forward so he was just inside the entry. “Are you Brian Coswell, home address of 63 Rosewood Court, Sarasota?”

The surprise factor was still evident. “Yes.” The sheriff thrust a large manila envelope into Brian’s hands and said, “You’ve been served.” He paused and looked behind him, “Several of these people were outside and wanted to talk to you and Ms. Tyler. Do you want to come out or do you want them to come into her apartment?”

By now the others in the group has clustered behind the sheriff. Brian could see his boss from work, Derek Wilson, and one of his direct reports, Dave Prentiss. His wife was there, too, and a couple of other people, several he recognized.

Amanda had come to the door as well. She spoke clearly but in a worried tone, “Why don’t you all come inside. We don’t all want you to stand on the porch and worry my neighbors.”

Brian backed away from the door. He was not looking well. Amanda came forward.

Joan stepped to the front of the group. “Amanda, I am Joan Coswell, Brian’s wife. I hate to break some bad news to you, but there are some things you should hear about my husband. I will be succinct.

“I have just returned from over four months in a rehabilitation program because of the mental state that Brian put me in with his severe financial and emotional abuse. I could talk about the details of this for hours, and have with my counselors, but rest assured that he was very good at the control and abuse, and I got to the edge of suicidal as a result. He didn’t want to divorce me. He wanted me to commit suicide and be out of his life so he could carry on with you.

“But and here’s the part that starts to affect you, we had never talked about divorce or separation or anything as he led you to believe. As far as I knew until some friends rescued me from his clutches, I was trying to be a good obedient wife and was sure our marriage was rock solid.

“In the course of things, you met Dale Harnett, a PI as it turns out, who talked to you over coffee one day. Dale heard what you said, and knows the full situation. Dale?”

Dale stepped forward. Amanda sat down in one the straight back dining room chairs, but locked on what Dale had to tell her.

Dale started, “First, I apologize for not being completely candid with you about what I was doing. It was necessary at that time in our investigation into Brian. Let me just tick off some items.

“Mr. Coswell told you that his wife did not want children. That is a lie.

“He told you he was in the midst of a divorce. There was no divorce underway until today when Mr. Coswell just got served by his wife on grounds of adultery and severe emotional abuse.

“He told you he was working with a ‘bevy’ of lawyers to get the divorce back on track. Unless he has hidden this, and can prove it, there has been no discussion with any law firm in the geographic area regarding a divorce or any other legal action.

“He told you he had trouble with his boss. I assure you, and his boss is standing behind me, he had no trouble with his boss until the issue of abusing his wife came up, and now the lies surrounding his marriage.

“He told you he had trouble with his underlings. Mr. Prentiss is one of his direct reports, and if there is any trouble of any kind this is news to him as well as his colleagues in Mr. Coswell’s department.

“Mr. Coswell told you that he worked most nights to get ahead in the public utility company where he worked. I believe he led you to believe he worked somewhere other than the electric company. Also, the nights when he didn’t see you, he was at home, and now we know he was badgering his wife to the point of making her suicidal.

“Over the past months, I’m speculating that he told you he had a break in his work schedule and could spend more time with you. Actually, his wife had to go to a treatment center in Texas to rebuild the self-esteem and confidence that he destroyed in her, as well as restore her self-worth. Since she was gone, and he didn’t know where or on what schedule, he had more time to spend with you. I bet he told you there were several large projects coming up, and he might have to revert to his old work schedule when he was busy much of the time.

Amanda had started to look pissed but was nodding at the statements.

“The reasons Mr. Coswell didn’t take you out was not, and he indicated to you that he loved home cooking, although that might be true. The reason was that he is widely known in the community because of his management position in the utility. If he was seen with you, rumors would start and those would be uncontrollable from his viewpoint.

“Ms. Tyler, I’m afraid you are the ‘other woman’ in a legal action. As such, you may be subject to a lawsuit for alienation of affection by Mrs. Coswell. That issue is still under discussion with Attorney Henderson, who is also standing behind me and can vouch for the initiation of the divorce action by Mrs. Coswell.

“That’s all I have to say,” Dale stepped back into ranks, so to speak.

Clive Henderson stepped forward and addressed himself to Brian Coswell. “Sir, the divorce papers filed today seek two-thirds of the community property. Additionally, we have obtained a Restraining Order against you.” The sheriff presented Brian with another envelope. “This order states that you may not under any circumstances approach or talk with Joan Coswell, including by any method – electronic or otherwise, without my being there with her in our law offices. All remarks, comments, counter-offers of any kind, and so forth, are to be made to me. Our address is in the envelope.

“Additionally, we are suing you in civil court for your financial and emotional abuse. We are seeking $20 million in damages, and believe we have an especially strong case based on the interactions with Mrs. Coswell by the world-renowned therapists at the Ryder Clinic in Austin, Texas. The details of what you did to this poor woman are atrocious, and we believe that separate from any divorce settlement, that you should recompense her for the maltreatment you visited upon her over the past four years or more.” He passed Brian Coswell another sealed envelope.

Brian had started to sputter, but nothing cogent came from his mouth.

Derek stepped forward. “Brian, the utility is recommending that you take an unpaid leave of absence. In this envelope are the details concerning an employee assistance program that we believe meets your needs given the current situation. Also, in the envelope is a letter from you to me requesting your participation in that program for an unspecified period of time so that you can get your affairs in order and restructure your life. I expect that letter to be in my hands before the close of business tomorrow. You may drop it off at the main desk in the lobby; your key card and other access privileges no longer work at the utility.”

Brian squeaked out, “But...” Before he could finish Derek had turned his back on the man to step back in line.

Dale again stepped forward. “Mr. Coswell, that is all we have to say to you tonight.”

He turned to Amanda, whose mouth was still agape, “Thank you for admitting us into your home. On all our behalf, we apologize for being the bearers of bad news and for taking advantage of your hospitality to upbraid your paramour and inform him of the legal actions against him and with which he must comply. Here’s my business card, should you wish to contact me for any reason. We wish you well.” Amanda took the business card automatically.

Joan led the contingent from the apartment onto the walkway, and then down the stairs to the van they’d come in. About a mile down the road, the van pulled into a shopping center. Everyone left, got into individual cars, and drove off in different directions.

Joan hugged each of the men and women affiliated with the Circle back in the core living room after they’d all returned. She had tears in her eyes, and was still obviously grieving over the loss of her marriage and her husband. The evening had been tense and emotional.

Joan said, “Thank you, all. That whole scene at Amanda’s apartment was gratifying, but it is far from the closure that I can only get by completing this mess and then the passage of time.”

Alice and Emily hugged their friend. “Know that we’re here every moment of every day to help you through this. Joan, we love you, and we mean that in every sense of the word. You stay with us at the Circle as long as you want; make us your home if you want.”

Joan nodded, “I sure don’t want to go home, at least not without someone to protect me from Brian. I definitely don’t want to try to live with my parents. With all of this, I would think he could easily become physically abusive.”

Dave said, “The deputy that served the papers told me to let him know when you wanted to go into the house to get your belongings. They will send two deputies to go with you, but also call ahead to try to make sure Brian is not present or that he’s not a problem.”

Alice and Emily escorted Joan up to the Prentiss’ guest room, and got her situated. Joan was headed to bed so the two of them rejoined the men for a few moments. Derek and Emily left after bidding everybody goodnight. Dale went off home.

Alice pulled Dave upstairs again, and they joined Julie and Heather in bed. Pam was traveling again, this time she’d flown the Cessna 172 over into Louisiana for full day of meetings. After all the emotions, no one felt like doing anything other than cuddling and thanking the stars for the blessings in their lives.


Friday afternoon, after most of the Circle got home from work, Alice and Emily took Joan aside to talk to her about the Circle and what the weekend evenings usually became.

Alice started the discussion, “Joan, we continue to worry about your mental state. I’m guessing that the bruises still show.”

Joan nodded, “Yeah, I suppose you’re right. Brian hammered on my mind for over three years and I was a pretty sorry woman when you guys rescued me. I guess anybody wouldn’t fully recover after only a few weeks of therapy.”

Emily picked up the thread, “What we’re worried about is the impact of our behavior on you when we engage in group sex.”

Alice jumped in, “Em and I think you should wait before you even think about engaging.”

Emily said, “We all know that sex changes things both in regard to the other person and their relationship, and inside each of the partners. Sometimes those changes might be unpredictable and harder to manage or cope with than a simple conversation.”

Joan smiled, “Thank you. I think you’re probably right. I’m not feeling particularly attractive now, in any case. I’m still getting my sea legs under me in my overall life and the past couple of days at work in my new job.

“I do need the interaction with lots of people in a social setting, but I understand your concerns about the burden that a sexual overlay on that could distort things in a negative way for me.”

Alice said, “I’m glad you agree. There’ll be a time, but let it come naturally. For tonight and tomorrow, Em and I have volunteered to take you out somewhere, for instance, to a movie or a club or one of the malls that stay open late, just to take you from this crazy environment – or as crazy as it will be up until midnight or so with all our sex-crazed friends and lovers.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.