A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 8 - NIKA - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 8 - NIKA

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 68: The Rules

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 68: The Rules - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 7. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first seven books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have extreme difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author is a two-time Clitorids 'Author of the Year' winner (2015,2017) and won 'Best New Author' in the 2015.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Crime   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

June 29, 1995, Chicago, Illinois

On Thursday, I finally had lunch with Melissa again, something I hadn’t been looking forward to. Much like with Cèlia, Melissa and I had passed an inflection point and I was left with sub-optimal paths forward. I’d been struggling with the possible solutions, and all of them had pitfalls. When I walked into Takumi, I had something of a plan. Whether it was good or not would only be known once everything played out.

“I spoke to my wives,” I said after we’d ordered. “And the issue of my rules came up.”

“I don’t think I like where this is headed,” she said dejectedly.

“Actually, I need to explain some things to you, things I probably should have explained before. My rules developed over time, and usually because I did something dumb, or had some bad result.”

The waitress came and took our orders, and the conversation continued.

“How many rules are there?” Melissa asked.

There was NO WAY on earth I was going to reveal ‘Rule 0’ because there was simply no way to explain how that had developed or why it was necessary. The others I could safely talk about, although I’d have to be careful how I explained ‘Rule 2’.

“There are three,” I said. “First, no sex with anyone who is in any kind of committed relationship, which includes women who are separated but not divorced. Second, no sex with anyone under the age of consent. Third, no sex with employees or customers of NIKA, anyone who works at a hospital where Jessica works, a university where Kara teaches, or students at the dojo. There isn’t much flexibility in those rules, either.

“As a bit of background, I began developing those rules when I was a teenager and, in a fit of pique, told my closest male friend’s girlfriend I’d screw her into the next century. He ended up bouncing me off the hood of his car. It became inviolable after I nearly had an affair with a married woman. In both cases, I would have created a nightmare situation and destroyed very good relationships, and that’s something I never want to do.

“And, before you object about me being married, there is an important point I want to make. I know the effect that having what my wives and I call ‘dalliances’ will have on my relationship, and it was discussed at length with my wives before we married. That said, there is no possible way I can know how such a thing would affect the woman’s relationship, even if she had permission. It’s just not worth the risk.”

I felt explaining the situation with Elena, and the exception to the rule, was probably a bad idea, as it would make the rules seem ‘flexible’, which they were, but only to a point.

“That actually makes sense in a weird sort of way,” Melissa said. “You can know for sure how you feel and about your relationship, but not about how she feels or her relationship. Is it really an issue, though? Are there that many women you know who are married or dating exclusively who you want to sleep with and who want to sleep with you?”

I chuckled, “You have NO idea.”

“Now I have to ask, just how often do these ‘dalliances’ occur?”

“Recently? Not very often. Up to about eighteen months ago? Quite often.”

“I may regret asking this, but just how many women have you been with?”

“Before or after I got married?”

“Both, I guess.”

“Call it roughly seventy-five before I married and about fifty since.”

Melissa gasped and recoiled.

“You’re serious?!”

“Yes.”

“Mostly in college?”

“More in High School and after college than during college. By a long shot.”

“That’s insane!”

“Perhaps so, but those are the facts. I flirted my way into some very crazy situations, and I think you can see why I’d need rules in place to prevent things from getting completely out of hand. Fortunately, I haven’t had too many bad breakups, and I’ve been religious about birth control and STD testing.”

“I’m not even sure what to say at this point.”

“That’s a fairly common reaction.”

Our sushi was brought to the table and after I said «Itadakimasu» we started eating.

“How old were you the first time?” Melissa asked.

“Fourteen.”

“Holy cow! And the girl?”

I smiled, “Woman. She was twenty-three.”

“Mrs. Robinson?”

“She was widowed. And from there, well, just assume I lived out every heterosexual man’s fantasy for the next eighteen years.”

“And I was going to be another notch in your bedpost?”

I shook my head, “I never, ever looked at it that way. I only know the number because someone who reads my journals counted them.”

“Wait! You would have written about us in your diary?”

“Sure. Pretty much everything important in my life goes into my journal, along with philosophical and spiritual musings.”

“And who reads this journal?”

“Now? Or ever? Now my wives and my most trusted female confidante. Before? A few others. It kind of depended on who was helping me figure out my life.”

“I’ll bet that’s interesting reading!” Melissa replied. “But I’m not sure I’d want to be part of that diary if other people read it.”

“So you aren’t going to kill me if we end up not doing this?”

“I didn’t say THAT!” she laughed. “But it certainly gives me pause. Minus my desire to have an affair with a married man, I’m pretty conventional and conservative.”

“So, why?”

Melissa shrugged, “To do something wild and crazy for once. I’ve had sex fewer times than you’ve had partners! I was nineteen my first time and there have only been three guys. And I suspect you’d find me boring and conventional.”

I chuckled, “While I’ve certainly done my fair share of crazy, I’m pretty conventional when it comes right down to it.”

“Seriously?”

I nodded, “Yes. Surprised?”

“I guess I am. I figured you for someone who would be, well, exciting.”

“I suppose that depends on what you mean by ‘exciting’.”

“Does it really matter at this point?” she sighed.

Unexpectedly, I wasn’t sure of the answer to her question. The discussion had not gone in the way I’d expected it to, and my opinion of Melissa had changed slightly, but just enough to rethink my decision.

“Actually, it might.”

“NOW you’re reconsidering? After giving me over a hundred reasons not to?”

“This conversation went nothing like I expected it to. I’m actually reasonably sure you could handle a brief, torrid affair.”

“Brief?”

“If this were to happen, I can’t engage in anything long term.”

“Wham! Bam! Thank you Ma’am! Is that it?”

“That is NOT what I meant. I meant the length of the affair would be measured in weeks or months, not years.”

“It’s funny,” Melissa said with a wry smile, “but I had the test and was ready to do it, and now I’m not sure.”

“Because I have too much experience?”

“You know what they would call a girl with that much experience, right?”

“‘They’ talk too much and worry too much about what anyone else is doing. You’ve only been with too many people if YOU think you’ve been with too many people.”

“Have you been with a girl who’s been with as many guys as you have?”

I chuckled, “Lots! I’ve never been with any guys!”

“I meant as you have girls, you idiot!”

“Yes, in fact one who has me beat threefold, by my estimates.”

“No! Freaking! Way!”

“Oh, it’s true. She had a little black book with every guy, the date, what they did, and a rating from one to five!”

“You’re serious?”

“As a heart attack.”

“Do you know your rating?” Melissa asked with a sly smile.

“Six,” I said smugly.

“Bullshit!”

“Nope. One of her friends at the time told me the rating and the system. Usually, the girl would only ever be with a guy once and got off on having him beg and turning him down. Six was reserved for guys she’d do it with again. There was only one other guy in her list of hundreds that rated a six.”

“You’re that good?”

I chuckled, “As I said to the friend, I’d like to think so.”

“But ARE you?”

“My partners seem to think so. But remember, it’s possible to have bad sex even if you’re really good at it.”

“Huh?”

“There’s more to it than just ‘Tab A’ into ‘Slot B’.”

“If you were with that many girls, it’s not like you could have relationships with them.”

“Not the way you mean, no. But the sex was better when there was, even if they were just friends. Believe it or not, with only a few exceptions, I didn’t have sex on the first date or the first day I met the girl. Getting to know them was important.”

“I thought guys just wanted to get off,” Melissa said.

I smiled, “I get off on making the girl feel really, really good. You know, curl your toes and make your eyes roll back in your head, screaming in ecstasy.”

“Riiiiggghhht!” she laughed.

“Hang on! If you don’t think I can do that, why do you want to have sex with me? It’s not about creating a relationship, because we already have one!”

“It just seems like you’re bragging and braggarts are usually full of crap.”

“I wasn’t bragging,” I said. “I was telling you what gets me off. The girl comes first, both literally and figuratively.”

Melissa laughed, “Cute.”

We finished eating and after I paid the bill, we walked out to the sidewalk.

“The ball’s in your court,” I said. “If you decide you want to, I’ll clear it with my wives. There’s plenty of time because in two weeks we’re off on our family trip to Europe. Then I have to go to California for a couple of days. We’ll have lunch after that, and you can let me know.”

“Have a safe and fun trip! See you in about a month.”

We hugged and she headed for her car, while I walked by to the NIKA offices.

June 30, 1995, Chicago, Illinois

On Friday morning, Jackie Phelan-Ferguson and Gerald Brown met Sensei Jim, Lisa, and me at the building we were considering for the new dojo.

“Thank you both for meeting us here,” I said. “Lisa has as-built plans and as far as anyone can tell, there have been no major modifications. Jackie, we’ll need changing rooms about the size of the ones we just saw in the current dojo. We also want a vestibule similar to the one there.”

“I’d say everything is straightforward. You are going to have to bring the plumbing and electrical up to code to get your occupancy permit. That’s required because of the changes you want us to make.”

“How bad?” I asked.

“Mostly you should be OK,” Gerald Brown said. “Based on when this was built, the plumbing should be OK, and we’ll replace all the fixtures anyway. Electrical will likely need some work. I suspect this building has a fuse box, and that will need to be replaced with breakers. Do you want the lighting similar to your current dojo?”

“Yes,” Sensei said. “We strongly prefer diffused incandescent lighting. It’s not as harsh as fluorescent.”

“I’ll need to get an electrician in here to evaluate the wiring. The other thing I can say right off is the entrance will need to be modified to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The new changing rooms will also have to conform, which means wheelchair access. The interior doorway between what used to be the stockroom and the main grocery is large enough.”

“What kind of doors did you want there?” Jackie asked.

“We don’t have any now,” I said. “But maybe a sliding door so we could close it if necessary. What do you think, Sensei?”

“I like that idea. What about the front doors?”

“I’m thinking we take out the old ‘Entrance’ and ‘Exit’ doors and put in a single, larger door and surround it with glass panels. That gives good visibility into the dojo from the street, and allows the entrance to be large enough for a wheelchair. The back door, which is your emergency exit, will have to be replaced with a larger door.”

“This all sounds expensive,” Sensei Jim said.

“Jackie and Mr. Brown will work together to give us an estimate,” I said. “Let me worry about the financing. The only thing you need to worry about is paying the rent!”

Sensei Jim laughed, “I’ve bought two houses in my life, and I thought both of those transactions were insanely complex. I’ll leave the ‘high finance’ to you experts!”

I chuckled, “I never did tell you about the property swap and REIT transactions that we had to go through for NIKA to get our new building in the West Loop. I was almost as confused after it was all explained as I was beforehand. It’s crazy tax law, but it was perfectly legal and apparently happens all the time.”

“Real estate transactions, except for purchasing your own home, are often extremely complex,” Jackie said. “Steve, I have just one question...”

I chuckled, “No sauna!”

Jackie laughed, “How did you know?”

“Because every single time I’ve had you guys draw up plans, SOMEBODY has made that joke. That said, I wouldn’t have minded having one at the office these past few months. I’ve made do with my Japanese decor, tea, and music.”

“Now a Japanese bath...” Sensei Jim said thoughtfully.

“Used Japanese style?” I asked with a smirk.

“Having a co-ed school does make that a bit difficult!” he laughed.

“Would you mind letting us in on the inside joke?” Jackie asked.

I smiled, “In Japan, our «shihan», the master of our school, would bathe in a large, round tub with his black belts. Naked. But that’s all guys. Our school here has Kara, Jolene, Therese, and Hannah, in addition to Will and me.”

Jackie smirked, “Kara would go for it!”

“Kara would walk naked, hand-in-hand with Birgit, down Woodlawn Avenue if they wouldn’t get arrested!” I laughed. “She’s not the example I’d use!”

“I think Will might have a heart attack,” Sensei Jim laughed.

“He’s fifteen,” I added.

“On the serious side,” Jackie said. “It’s what, four blocks from your house?”

“A nice convenience,” I agreed, “but not a deciding factor. It’s only about six blocks from the current dojo. And the fact that it has its own small parking lot is a huge plus.”

“Now that all of that is out of the way,” Lisa said with a smile, “let me get the plans from my car.”

She walked out of the building, leaving the rest of us inside.

“Is this a done deal?” Jackie asked.

“I think so,” I said. “I have enough capital commitments from the black belts and Will’s parents to fund the LLC to make the purchase, Sensei Jim will sign a five-year lease, and the bank will fund the loan based on that. Obviously, I only have tentative approval and have to get everything in order to get the loan originated, but in the end, if necessary, Lisa’s dad will guarantee the note.”

“How the HELL did she get out of prison?” Jackie asked.

“Prison?” Sensei Jim asked with a look of shock on his face.

“Jackie, I can’t answer that question. Sensei, yes, she was at Logan Correctional Center.”

“For WHAT?”

“First degree murder. But it’s complicated.”

“I’ve obviously missed something. And we do need to have a talk.”

“There is actually very little I can say,” I said. “And please don’t ask Lisa.”

Lisa came back with the plans and gave copies to Jackie and Gerald Brown. They promised to get back to us with an estimate within a week, and left. Sensei Jim followed them out, leaving me with Lisa.

“Jackie asked how you got out of prison, and I wasn’t quite sure how to answer that question. What did the federales say to you?”

“The commutation wasn’t published, but anyone could find it if they check the records.”

“I’m curious why you wouldn’t have asked for Witness Protection?”

“Give up my entire life? Never see my parents again? Pretend to be someone else? Not to mention all the corruption inside the police force here!”

“Sure, but the federal program is run by the US Marshals Service.”

“And you don’t think they can be corrupted?”

“One of my best friends is a US Marshal and I know the mentality. I seriously doubt it.”

“And what?” she laughed. “One of those ‘Casper Milquetoast’ lawyers is going to put a hit on me?”

“You do know that the information the FBI got from that raid is just what they needed to nail the entire South Side Outfit for racketeering? They aren’t going to be happy in a month or so.”

“Two-bit loan sharks? Give me a break.”

“You do NOT know who you are dealing with,” I said. “Trust me. I’ve lived down here and had enough dealings with unions, trucking, and construction. The guys at the top, who are going to be busted, are seriously connected Outfit guys.”

“And how will they know it was me?”

“Don’t be naïve,” I said. “It can be figured out.”

“I don’t appear to be the only one at risk. That pistol under your arm isn’t a fashion accessory!”

“True. But it’s totally not related to Hart-Lincoln. My security consultants identified a credible threat.”

“Which says something important. If you were in my position, would YOU give up everything to go into the program? Your wives? Your kids? Your friends? Your business?”

I shook my head, “No. I can’t see doing that.”

“So we both take the risk. I don’t know what your threat is, but you have WAY more to lose than I do. Honestly, I’d rather take my chances with some theoretical Mob hit than spend nearly forty years in prison. You have no idea what it’s like. In a way, I’d say it’s worse than death.”

I nodded, “I can see that. I sure don’t think I could handle it, but I don’t think being dead is a better alternative.”

“Don’t be so sure.”

We left the building and I headed back to the NIKA offices. I considered what Lisa had said, and I wondered just how safe she really was. There was no doubt in my mind that the Outfit would discover she was out of prison. The question was whether they would do anything about it before the FBI completed the case. And that made me wonder what the Outfit thought of me. My conversation with Theo had been reassuring, but that could easily have been a ruse on his part. There were also the issues of Scuderi and ‘Little Tony’ lurking in the wings.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.