Soup of the Day 224 - Cover

Soup of the Day 224

by MysteryWriter

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Drama Story: the serial killer is caught.

Tags: Ma/Fa  

John Allen
Lucy Allen Seabolt / Martin and /Rita
Jerome Morris the director of vocational education for the Cleveland school system
Bobbi James the radio personality
Amos Hardee deputy sheriff
Lori Moore deputy sheriff
Marcus hostage taker
Sara Thomas newspaper writer
Everett Martin the current leader of the Cleveland meetings of Freebird.
Mark and Happy Jones swingers.
Jethro Morris murder victim.
James Western the second murder victim.
Sarah the cousin who sold him his land.
Detective 2nd grade Joyce Mullins
Jay Summers serial killer
----

While I was agonizing over all this nonsensical personal bull shit, the sheriff’s department caught the homeless killer. Solving it was a complete accident, as most of those things wind up being. A cop stopped a car in the area near a homeless encampment. One of those places where junkies go to shoot up. The patrolman said the man just didn’t ‘look’ right. He was nervous and acted ‘hinky’. On closer examination the officer noticed a few drops of blood on his clothing. That’s when he called for backup.

There stop and subsequent arrest tied up the whole night shift. In spite of being deeply involved, I was only told later. Lori and Amos were both on mornings since their whole platoon had that rotation. They relieved the people who were involved with the arrest of the biggest criminal in the last ten years at least.

Freebird got a big thank you from the Sheriff’s office. It came in a framed thank you letter. Our people didn’t supply the tip that caught the killer, but we did identify the location as one that they should be kept a watch over. That tip eventually led to the arrest.

One of the detectives doing the follow up called me at home. “Mr. Allen, Jay Summers wants to meet with you,” she said.

“And who is Jay summers?” I asked. I had never dealt with that particular detective, so I was cautious.

“We think he is the homeless killer. He refuses to talk to anyone else,” Detective 2nd grade Joyce Mullins said.

“Did you looses your rubber hose on him?” I asked.

“That’s a myth,” she answered.

“You think so huh?” I asked. “So what does he have to say?”

“We don’t know, he won’t talk to anyone else,” she said.

“I’ll come down, but I doubt he will talk to me. He just wants some more attention. If you don’t have the DA to sign off on it, you need to get him to do so. You don’t want him crying all over the case saying I ruined his prosecution. He is an incompetent ass. One who will look for any excuse for his stupidity. So you cover your own ass first.” I said.

“Okay I will. I’ll come by for you,” she said.

“I know where you are so I’ll come down there when you are ready,” I said. “Oh get the DA’s authorization in writing. Call me when you have it, if that is still what you want.”

I spent the next four hours on the computer. When the call came it was from he DA’s office. They had to officially invite me to join the interview. The girl said it was because of my unique perspective that they wanted me there. She did not mention that it was Jay Summer’s idea. Nobody wanted to appear to be catering to him on even the smallest level.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.