My Little Ventrue - Cover

My Little Ventrue

Copyright© 2018 by Novus Animus

Chapter 122

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 122 - (Knowledge of the setting not required!) Set in the world of Vampire: The Requiem. Dolareido. A city of dark alleys, dirty contracts, and deadly predators. Predators in business suits and stiletto heels. Jack, just a young man and barely an adult, finds himself on death's door. Before he knows what's happening, he's pulled into the world of vampires, the Danse Macabre, and the Masquerade.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Fan Fiction   Mystery   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Group Sex   Orgy   Anal Sex   Double Penetration   Exhibitionism   Oral Sex   Petting   Squirting   Tit-Fucking   Big Breasts   Slow   Violence  

~~Natasha~~

They went back to her apartment. With the hunters defeated, and the few remaining still in the Prince’s custody, there wasn’t any reason she couldn’t sleep in her apartment anymore. Maybe Samantha would get her own place too? Daniel slept in the Elysium Tower, somewhere secret, but that didn’t mean Samantha had to as well.

She sat on the couch between her boyfriends, and looked between them as they obviously prepared a tale.

“It was ten years ago,” Art said, smiling down at her, half turned to face her. “Matthew and I had become great friends by this point. We hung out all the time, and we went on patrols together. Eventually, we did our hunting together, when we realized how much we complimented each other.”

“We were hunting a spirit,” Matthew continued. “It’d possessed someone.”

“H-How do you free someone from a possession?” she said.

“You have to learn about the spirit,” Art said, “and figure out how to manipulate it with a bane or ban. If a fire spirit, desperate to turn the possessed into an arsonist, got soaked in water for example, some fire spirits would have to vacate the body.”

“Oooh. A puzzle.” She did oh so enjoy puzzles.

“This one,” Matt said, “was a spirit of ... a sort of revenge, I guess. It was kinda hard to pin down. It’d possessed a girl who’d just found out her boyfriend cheated on her.”

Art laughed and looked down. “And, well, when we got rid of the spirit, it left an impression on the girl. She somehow got it into her head that she could hurt her ex by sleeping with the two of us.”

Matt shook his head. “She didn’t say that though. Instead, she invited Art and me to a thank you party sorta thing. She got drunk, and got us drunk.”

“No easy feat,” Art said, “but she really wanted a party.”

“And she, uh, kinda jumped us. Situationally speaking, I mean.”

“She was a tall woman, and apparently pretty, uh, comfortable with her sexuality. She went to take a shower, and was in there for a pretty long time. It was especially weird when we heard the shower running, and ten minutes later, still nothing. Matthew and I were thinking maybe we should leave, when she told us to come in.”

“Into the bathroom?” Natasha said.

Matthew nodded, scratching the scruff of his cheeks. “Yeah. Like, the both of us.”

“W-What’d you do?”

Art laughed and shrugged. “Details are a little fuzzy. We were pretty drunk, woozy, and not really thinking straight, or thinking at all. So Matt and I kinda just ... went with it.”

“Yeah, we did. I blame the alcohol.”

Tash scrunched up her nose and looked up at the big guy on her left. “I’m sure there was m-more than alcohol in your veins.”

He scratched the scruff of his neck a little, looking away, embarrassed. “Er, I mean ... well, we are werewolves. We’re kinda always—”

“Ready to fight,” Art said, grinning down at her as he did. Yeah, right. Fight, in this case, being anything strenuous involving biological functions. Should be changed to fight or flight or fuck response.

“W-What happened next?”

“She was naked, grinning at us, and waving a small bottle of lubricant side to side.”

The exact opposite situation Natasha had been in. They’d had to bully her, to get her to accept. A risky move, cause she could have reacted badly, and the situation would have ended horribly. But they’d been tipped off by Jessy. The stranger in their story, on the other hand, was the aggressive one, and guys were, well, guys.

“And you j-just went with it?”

Matthew shrugged, with more hand waving this time. “We were drunk! And a naked girl was beckoning! She wanted to repay us for helping her.”

“So,” Art continued, “we got naked. Apparently she’d done this kinda thing before, cause she took lead, and, yeah, that was Matt and I’s first experience with that sorta thing.”

“N-No, um ... problems?” She held out her hands in front of her, and mimed smooshing orbs together. “Cause, you know, things can touch, and it can get awkward.”

The two men laughed, hearty sounds that made her smile.

“We were pretty drunk,” Matt repeated. “A lot of that sorta stuff didn’t really register. The next time this kinda situation came up, we weren’t drunk, but we’d talked about it already, admitted we’d had a lot of fun being with a girl like that, and wouldn’t mind doing it again.”

Natasha laughed. “I’d say it’s strange for t-two guys to agree to something like that. But, it’s pretty normal in Dolareido.”

They grinned at her. Tinglies went through her belly, and she quivered at the rising tension in the air. If she pushed them just a little more, they’d pounce, pin her down, and do things to her. She kinda wanted to do that.

“You’re the first,” Art added, “that we’ve ever dated like this though. Like, really ... committed to a relationship with.”

She suppressed the need to gasp, and managed a peek up at the man beside her. “Y-Yeah?”

“Yeah,” Matt said, and he set a hand on her legs. Usually that’d be a precursor to much touching, no matter how much she squirmed to get away. The look in his face didn’t scream sex though. They were being serious.

Art sighed and shook his head. “Actually, we wanted to talk to you about something else, tonight.”

“Oh?”

He nodded. “Yeah. The pack has found more clues pointing to Maria. Red wraiths have been sneaky across the Gauntlet, and we’re sure they’ve been talking to her. Far as we can tell, they work for Black Blood, or it’s got a firm grip on them and they have no choice. Either way, Avery’s convinced she’s up to something.”

This again. Frustrating beyond belief, that the werewolves were the only ones capable of acquiring this sort of evidence. Except, that wasn’t true. The Prince got glimpses of things on the other side of the Gauntlet, and that necklace the Prince had acquired some time ago had drawn a spirit that also pointed toward Maria. Combined, it was hard to ignore.

“I could t-talk to her about it,” she said.

Art shook his head again. “Before we were sure, I’d say do it. But now we know she’s in deep. No idea if it’s linked to the tears we’ve been finding, but she’s into something dark if she has to go through those wraiths. If you ask her now, she might wise up, change her tactics or something.”

“I suppose it m-makes sense. If Maria suspected anyone the Uratha might send, to ask questions about what she’s doing, it’d be m-me.” Since she was so close to the Uratha, compared to anyone else. “I’ll ask D-Damien. He’s already keeping an eye on her, and says he hasn’t seen anything suspicious. B-But, I can ask him to look harder.” He was Mekhet, after all. It wouldn’t take much prodding to get him interested in searching for more. The curse of all Mekhet, to hunger for secrets to learn.

The problem was, Damien seemed to care for Maria, to some extent. Maybe he felt guilty for Lucas, and was doing his best to help Maria in his absence? Not very Kindred of him, to behave like that.

“I’ll be taking a trip into the Hisil tomorrow,” Art said. “I want you to tag along.”

“M-Me? Why?”

“Because you’re sneaky. And you provide some objectivity; the pack sucks at that. And because I’d like to hang out with my girlfriend for a while.”

She beamed, but washed the expression away quickly. “Ok, b-but, if I see an opportunity to learn something, I’ll take it.”

He grinned. “Avery won’t like that.”

She returned the grin. No way it had that smoldering look Art’s did, but damn it, she could do a smart aleck grin.

“That’s the p-p-price! I mean, if you want my help sneaking around, then I’m going t-to take the opportunity to learn about things. I w-want to see some of the tears.”

Art winced, but nodded. “Sure.”

“W-What about Matt?”

“I can’t sneak for shit.” Laughing, he shrugged. “If you two can cover for me, sure. I—”

The phone started to ring. Natasha’s, and the ring announced it was the Prince calling. She pulled it out, and held up a finger for her boyfriends.

“Yes, my Prince?” she answered.

“Natasha. Have you seen Jack?” First names and no additions meant she was serious.

“Jack? N-No, Prince. Is he missing?”

The quiet growl through the phone was like a knife’s edge against her skin.

“Yes, he is. Again.”

Oh damn it.

“Um, d-dawn is nearly here. And tomorrow I was going t-to see about going into the Hisil with Avery’s pack, to learn about ... possible ... things.” The word ‘things’ was enough to have the Prince thinking about it for a moment.

Another phone rang, and Art pulled it out to check a message. His eyes went wide.

“Then,” the Prince continued, “I have no choice but to ask for that man’s help.”

“D-Damien?”

“Damien.”


~~Jack~~

Sándor’s bleeding slowed, and stopped. Jack did his best to ignore the smell of blood, and so did Clara. For her, it must have been pulling at an instinct, some animal anxiety or need to get aggressive. For him, it was just making him hungry. Over two years ago, when he was just a freshly embraced fledgling, being hungry was terrifying. Feeding on people was terrifying, especially after his Beast had flipped out that first night and killed someone.

These days, he fed regularly, both on Antoinette’s ghouls, but also random people he found on the street, in dark alleys, or occasional trips to Bloodlust and other night lounges and clubs. The last thing he wanted was to get hungry, to give his Beast any excuse to run rampant. That meant feeding, often, keeping it sated and quiet.

He’d come into confidence quickly, to be able to feed so readily; except with women, of course. Something about talking to a woman always threw him off, made him hesitate, doubt himself, all those things women generally found unappealing. The Prince found it endearing. He’d gotten a lot better at it, especially when it came to hunting, but still.

He licked his lips as the smell of blood hit his nose again. Sándor’s, and Clara’s, where it soaked her jeans. The smell was different. Each smelled inhuman in their own way, Clara’s like some kind of rich meal, while Sándor’s smelled almost like alcohol. Subtle smells a human nose wouldn’t pick up on, but to a Kindred, blood was life. Given another few hundred years, maybe he’d be able to smell the difference between human blood with different diets. Maybe he’d be one of those elders who insisted on feeding on kine of specific age groups, sexes, blood types, or ethnicities.

“He’s healing,” Clara said.

Jack nodded as he looked over at the man still hanging off Clara’s shoulders. “Yeah, but he’s lost a lot of blood. And he pushed himself tackling the azlu.” Sándor’s head drooped, the man trapped somewhere between falling asleep and groaning in pain. “I ... don’t think he’s going to be able to help us for a little while.”

“Then I’ll climb the wall.”

“I mean, sure, if you can.” He looked up at the huge, smooth rock wall, wincing. “I saw how much the azlu hit the ground with its claws and feet. They didn’t leave much impact. No grooves anywhere.”

She snorted, set Sándor down against the sloping wall, and let out a quiet growl in her throat. Quiet turned into a heavy, bassy rumble as she transformed, becoming an eight-foot beast of muscle. Leaner than the male werewolves, he couldn’t help but notice how her furry form didn’t hide her feminine physique. Short fur meant he could still see the shape of hips, waist, legs, and even the hint of bust, and more impressive, the place where legs and back met. Very, uh, shapely, even with a wolf tail stick out over it.

Clara noticed him looking, and she managed the wolf equivalent of a quiet chuckle.

“Brianna has fucked, like this.” She gestured to herself. “Says body changes, for sex. Says it was fun, but ... hard, to control herself.” Clara’s words came out harsh, half bark, but he could hear the playfulness in them.

Jack nodded, gulping. “Uh, very dangerous, I imagine.” He was not a furry. He was not a furry. He was not a furry. He was not a furry.

She grinned, as much as a snout can grin, turned to the wall of rock, and slammed both of her hands against it at the same time, claws out, palms forward. They pierced the rock, a whole quarter inch, and the moment she tried to pull her weight upward, her claws came right back out. She tried again, harder, and for a split second, Jack was sure he could see a small, red glow on her claws.

Avery had done something with her claws, when she’d fought the azlu. She’d set them on fire somehow, but not really on fire. Maybe she could pierce the rock they needed to climb to reach the tear above, or maybe those fire claws were better for killing azlu, but either way, Clara didn’t seem capable of it, or any other trick that might let her climb the rock.

Apparently, the Gauru side of her didn’t like that. She roared, loudly, and Jack flinched back as the unnatural power of it crashed into him. She slammed her claws into the wall again, but got no further, despite the hard crack sound. Movement drew their eyes, and they both looked up to see through the fog, way way way up, several scurrying sets of spider legs run off into the darkness. The azlu spiders were still around, hiding in the mist, and staying out of reach. They hated Clara, but they were also afraid of her. And now, they were afraid of him.

But he couldn’t take advantage of that fear if he couldn’t force an engagement. And besides, better to not, and just escape.

Clara slammed her claws again and again into the rock, but she got nowhere. “Fuck!” she half screamed, half barked.

Sándor coughed a few times, before he looked up at the two of them. “Get me up. I’ll fly us up there.”

“You can’t even stand,” Jack said.

“Then I’ll burrow a tunnel home, and you can follow.”

“I get the impression you’d have done that already if you could.” Sighing, Jack came over to the man and squatted in front of him. “Opening portals, tunneling, opening your lair so it overlaps with other worlds, all of that must take effort. Right now, you’re useless. Which means we got two options. We wait until you’re feeling well enough to get us out of here, or wait until someone figures out what happened, and comes looking for us.” The first option looked rough, cause it could take Sándor days to recover, or more, depending on how well his human body could heal. The second option was rougher. Sándor hadn’t opened his lair to the other Begotten, and hadn’t really been in contact with them. They had no way of knowing where he was.

“So ... what’s the plan?” Clara said. She’d already transformed back into her human form.

“Fuck me, I don’t know.” He sat down against the wall edge beside Sándor, and leaned his head back against the stone. “I can feel sunrise; it’ll be here any minute. I’ll try and stay awake as long as I can, but...”

“But if we all fall asleep, we’ll be killed in our sleep.” Sighing, she sat down next to him, taking a breather while still scanning left and right. “Guess I’ll be pulling an all ... dayer.”

They laughed, and let the sound die away as the dangers of the situation sank in. A glance to the Begotten showed he was already asleep, and not in good shape at all. Sándor had seemed confident he would heal, but guys like him had a habit of lying about that sort of shit, right into a grave. But, him being asleep did give Jack and Clara a moment to talk.

“Clara,” he said at last, “I ... I’m thankful, you know.”

“Thankful?”

“For how you don’t seem to let the curse bother you, after everything you’ve seen.”

She watched him for a while, before she looked down, pulled up her knees, and hooked her elbows on them. “It bothers me.”

He winced. “Oh.”

“It bothers everyone, Jack.”

“Yeah, I ... I know. I meant, you don’t seem to let it bother you enough to keep you away.”

She looked at him, hesitating, a hint of pain in her eyes. “Yeah, well, someone needs to be there for you. Not like any elder ever risks their own neck on missions like this.”

He couldn’t hold her gaze for long. Her eyes were sad. It was the sort of look he’d seen in movies, when someone watched a friend go off to war. Why did she care about him so much?

“It’s not like my friends aren’t concerned too, Clara. Damien, Antoinette, they’re all looking for ways to remove the curse. Elaine might be able to help with that, too.” Assuming whatever devious scheme was she was up to allowed for that.

“And Beatrice?”

“Triss? She ... she...” He shivered as he looked down. “She needed my help, and I was glad to give it.”

“And when Damien needs your help, and only the curse can provide it, what happens? Or the Prince? Or the others?”

“I don’t know. It’s a bridge I’ll cross when I get to it.”

“Come on, you know what’s going to happen, Jack.”

He couldn’t keep a bit of venom out of his voice. “Educate me.”

“Things will happen that the power of the curse can help with, and you’ll help the people who need it. You’ll help because that’s you. But...”

“But?”

“But, you’ve got a self destructive impulse, Jack.”

He kept his eyes down. Easier that way, to have this painful conversation without any eye contact.

“I’m not self destructive.”

“Come on, that’s exactly what you are.”

“I—”

“You wouldn’t hesitate to put yourself in front of a train if it meant you could do something you felt needed doing. Problem is, you jump to that conclusion pretty damn fast, you know?”

He tightened his hands into his fists, but still kept his eyes down. “I make quick decisions because it’s the only way things can happen. He who hesitates is lost.”

“Against the first azlu, you threw yourself down at it, a monster clearly stronger than you.”

“If I didn’t, it would have killed you, and escaped.”

“Maybe. How about when you escaped Jeremiah and Angela, that first night when they captured you? You cut off your own hands.”

“If I didn’t, I would have been trapped.”

“Maybe. What about that rescue attempt you made for me, Jessy, and Eric? You came in guns blazing. And then there was our assault on their home turf. You went in first, on intel you got that very night, and took them all on yourself.”

“I—”

“Jack.” Her voice was heavy and sad, not loud, but the impact was enough to shut him up. “The point I’m trying to make, is ... I’ve dealt with vampires before. They take advantage of other people, without even thinking about it. That’s just what vampires do. It’s who they are. But you’re different. You put yourself in positions where you’ll take the brunt of the pain, and ... and I know vampires are going to take advantage of that.”

He licked his fangs slowly, before he ground his teeth until his jaw threatened to break. The anger hit him like a ton of bricks, and it wasn’t the anger the curse used to slip into him, before he’d freed it. It was the anger of an indignant child, not liking what it was being told. It was an anger he was familiar with from his whole life, from someone saying something he disagreed with, while he internally realized they were right, and he was wrong.

Being wrong sucked.

“But ... you won’t do that,” he said.

“Do what?”

“Take advantage of me, of the curse.”

She smiled at him in the corner of his eye. “I don’t know. I don’t think so?”

“You wouldn’t.” It wasn’t in her, that much was obvious. The werewolves didn’t think like that, think in terms of the self first. They were so far from the Kindred mindset, it seemed alien to him.

“You said the Prince and her friend are looking for ways to remove the curse?”

“Yes. Elaine is, in particular. She’s my great grandsire.”

Clara’s eyes shot open. “Oh...” He gave her a minute to process that.

“She had the curse, but never unleashed it, like I did. At some point, centuries ago, she removed it. Now she’s willing to help me.”

“Does she know how she did it?”

“She has some notes, and some hazy memories.” He shrugged, tension fading from his shoulders. “But, I’m not an idiot. Like you said, Kindred take advantage of anything they can, including each other. She’s up to something, and...”

Clara laughed. “But you slept with her anyway?”

He sat up straight and winced. Awkward. “Uh, yeah. But, it’s not what you think. With Antoinette, the sex isn’t the intimate part. And even mid ... you know, she never truly lets her guard down.”

Laughing, Clara looked up and stared off into nothing. “I suppose I can understand that, considering what I was doing.”

“You mean with Jessy’s ghouls?”

Her turn to wince. “Yeah. You ... you didn’t see the pictures, did you?”

He raised a brow. “Pictures?”

“Oh thank god. Those ghouls took some pictures, probably because that slut Jessy wanted to see. I was drunk, and I ... guess I didn’t really care. When in Rome, right?”

“Ha, yeah, when in Rome.” He gave her a small punch in the knee. “So, I’ve slept with four women at once, and you’ve slept with four dudes at once?”

She blushed, horribly at that, face going bright through her tan skin. “Apparently.”

“Sounds hot.”

She choked on a laugh. “I mean, yeah, it was. Jessy, uh, definitely trained her ghouls.”

“Sex is a sport, in Dolareido. But intimacy, romance, that stuff? It’s so damn rare.”

“And you have that with Antoinette.”

After a long, heavy sigh, he looked at her and forced himself to make eye contact with her. “Yes, I do. It’s a strange relationship, no doubt about that. We’ve talked about it, and ... it’s something we’re both aware of, and we’ll both work on it.”

“The sex?”

He choked on a laugh. “The relationship.”

“I suppose she’s mastered basically every aspect of sex, right?”

“Yeap.” No way around admitting that.

“Lot of women in Dolareido really seem to take the lead, sexually speaking.”

“I guess? I mean, the guys do too.” Julias did, definitely, but he didn’t say it. “It’s just, people kinda notice it more when women do, cause it’s not something that female kine normally do, you know? But, Kindred aren’t kine. For vampires, it’s a pretty even split on most behaviors, sexual aggression included.” Far as he could tell, the Beast did not have gender proclivities. It didn’t have a gender. It was a mass of shadow, claws, talons, beaks, fangs, fur, and feathers. How much of the human remained, when one became a vampire? A question for the Ordo, or the Circle, he supposed.

“Yeah, I guess. It was the same thing, in Tijuana. The vamps, girls included, were pretty damn aggressive about what they wanted. The sex was ... everywhere, and it was pretty intense, from the sounds.”

“But, that’s not what binds me and Antoinette, if that’s what you were thinking. Yeah, we have sex, and we enjoy it, but there’s a lot more to us than that.” He didn’t want to have this conversation, but maybe it was good to have it. Painful, sure, but Clara was interested in him, and thought his current relationship wasn’t a healthy one. Much as it sucked, it was probably a good idea to try and fix her impression.

“Do you joke around with her?” she said.

He shook his head. “Not really, not the way you’re thinking, anyway.” She was undoubtedly referencing how the two of them had joked around tonight, as seamlessly as two old friends who knew each other well. Hell, he could joke around with Clara more easily than Damien, or even Julias. Something about her was so damn enjoyable and fun.

She raised a brow at that. “You don’t?”

“No, but that’s not what makes us happy, you know? I mean sure, I enjoy laughing, and joking around, but to me, it’s ... it’s not what I crave.”

That confused her, and she tilted her head to the side as she watched him. “Eh?”

He laughed and shrugged. “I’d sound pretty pretentious if I explained. But, uh ... ever seen Frasier?”

She laughed, and before he knew it, his laugh grew to match hers. No need to say it, they were both bringing up funny memories from the sitcom. Clara was old enough to have watched the show when it aired, and Jack found modern television mind numbing, stupid, and written specifically with ADD in mind. Naturally, he deferred to older shows.

“Well,” he continued, “you know how a lot of the humor was poking fun at those two for their elitist mindsets? Fancy wine, fancy decor, nitpicking details about opera, etcetera?”

“Yeah?”

“Well, those are the kinds of conversations Antoinette and I have. Not about wine or decor, but that is how we approach topics, things like science, music, movies. We obsess and nitpick over specifics and minutiae, and ... it’s fun for us. We can talk for hours about it, argue, debate, or indulge each other. It’s really satisfying, and fulfilling. I ... I know it’s not what most people think of, when they think of a relationship, but it makes me happy.”

“So, you’re Niles?”

“Aha, I mean, I guess?” Niles’s greatest weakness was women. Jack could relate.

“You know Niles ended up with Daphne, right?”

Oh, right. Well, that example backfired pretty quick, and the look in her eyes said it all. Niles had been with a wretched, elitist woman before he fell for Daphne, and once he’d finally started a relationship with Daphne, he’d found his happiness.

It was painful, holding Clara’s gaze, and they both looked down at the same time. Reality wasn’t like a sitcom, and he was stupid for bringing it up.

“Jack,” she said at last. “I—”

“Hello.”

Jack and Clara jumped up, and Jack wasted no time drawing a dagger from within his suit. But, the new figure did not attack them. It just stood there, looking at them, occasionally tilting its head from side to side.

A woman, and a ghost. Like Mary, she had hollow eyes, with a see-through body, and mist trickling out of her legs to mix into the gray fog that surrounded them. Her face was soft and her hair was long, going past her shoulders. Gray. From her clothing, Jack guessed she wasn’t some crazy ancient ghost or anything; probably someone from the 90s, considering the t-shirt and jeans. But the jeans and t-shirt were faded, gray things, just like her hazy skin.

Only the strange, green light in her chest stuck out from the oppressively dreary grayness of it all. How the fuck had a glowing green light managed to sneak up on them? The ghost must have been able to turn that off or something.

“Hello,” Jack said eventually. “Um, I’m Jack. This is Clara, and Sándor.” Might as well be nice to the ghost, and do his best to not make enemies. He put his dagger away, and brushed his thumb against the silver knife hidden underneath his jacket. He doubted silver would work against a ghost, but he could be wrong.

“I’m Sabrina.” The ghost hovered closer, and Jack and Clara both took a step back, only for the huge rock wall to greet them. If the ghost noticed their retreat, she didn’t care. “Why are you in the Great Below?”

“Great Below?” Clara said. “Is that where we are?”

“Yes, the Great Below.” The ghost nodded, and gestured to the fog behind her, and distant, drifting green lights. “You’re alive. You shouldn’t be here. You could get hurt.”

Jack frowned. “Hurt, by who?”

“Us,” Sabrina said, and again gestured behind her. No other ghosts were nearby, and the gray mist was thick, but that didn’t stop Jack from seeing the hundreds, maybe even thousands of distant, drifting green lights move about. The green glow pierced the fog somehow, almost like a lighthouse, or maybe an angler fish “Why are you here? Are ... are you here because of the spiders?”

Clara nodded. “Yeah. They’re called azlu. I—” She stopped herself, and leaned over to Jack. “How much should we tell her?” she said, hand up to cover her mouth and his ear.

Jack turned, repeating the gesture. “We’re up shit creek without a paddle, and can’t afford to piss anyone off. Tell her ... most things.”

Clara nodded again before looking back to the ghost. “Sabrina, have you seen a giant spider ... monster thing, running around?”

The ghost woman shivered and hugged her chest. “Yes! Very scary.” Hints of a perfectly normal, human voice were underneath the raspy, harsh ghost voice, the remains of whoever this girl had been, someone named Sabrina. “And it hurts us. We left it alone after that.”

“We’ll try and kill it if we can,” Jack said. “But ... but...” He blinked down at the ground, and then at the ghost Sabrina, then Clara, and then fell onto his ass. “Oh shit. Shit shit. Not now. Not now...”

“Jack! What the—”

“It’s alright! It’s alright, just ... it may not be sunrise here, but it is back on the ... surface, I guess.” It certainly felt like they were underground, in the three dimensional sense, and the alternate dimensions sense. Great Below sounded right. Normally, dawn knocked vampires out within seconds, but Jack tapped into his vitae, and forced it up through his body and into extremities. Keep him moving, keep him talking, just for a few moments. “Clara, you—”

“I’ll play guard dog until you’re awake, Jack. Don’t worry, no one’s getting close.” She wriggled her fingers, like a cat unfurling their claws experimentally. “Ghosts are made of ephemera. If I have to, I can defend you and Sándor.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.