Soup of the Day 60

by MysteryWriter

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Drama Story: John saves a life. Flash fiction. quick and dirty.

Tags: Ma/Fa  

John Allen
Lucy Allen Seabolt/ Martin and /Rita
Jerome Morris the director of vocational education for the Cleveland school system
Bobbi James the radio personality
Amos Hardee deputy sheriff
Lori Moore deputy sheriff
Marcus hostage taker


“What do you want to do?” Amos asked his partner deputy Lori Moore.

“I want to go in there and light his ass up. But as your training officer, I say call the guy from Free Bird. If we don’t, we are likely to be in a world of shit. That radio person he is talking to on the phone has him on tape I’m sure. She also has him live on the local show.”

“Hello,” I said into the phone. “No I was doing some research for one of the cons.”

“Well Mr Allen, one of your cons has a family hostage and is threatening to shoot them all. He wants to use you to negotiate,” the female voice said.

“So where are you, and can you send a car for me?” I asked.

“Don’t you even want to know who it is?” the cop asked.

“Not really, if I can help I want to do it,” I said. I spent ten minutes making and eating a banana sandwich. I got into the Sheriff’s car which drove up while I had a glass of tea in my hand.

“So do you know anything I can use?” I asked.

“How the fuck should I know what you can use,” the female cop asked. “He just said to bring you or to bring four body bags.”

“Okay, hold off on the body bags for now,” I suggested. “Maybe the standoff will be over before we get there.”

“I doubt it. They are carrying it live on the radio. It’s too early for the bleeding hearts to be in bed, so we won’t be sending anyone in for a while.” the lady cop said. While she talked she drove like hell to get to the scene of the hostage situation.

“Is this it?”I asked as she pulled in front of a small white frame house. There were two other patrol cars sitting out front.

“Yeah,” she said rushing out of the car. Then, “This is Allen Lieutenant.”

“Well Allen, I hear you can talk these guys down, so show me,” he said.

“Tell me what you know about the situation,” I demanded.

“He has a gun on his ex-wife and two small kids,” Lieutenant explained.

“Can I go in. I’ll sign any waiver you need,” I said feeling the Adrenalin start pumping.

“No you can’t go in,” he said. “The TV camera’s are right over there. We don’t need you on TV when you get you head blown off.”

“It’s not going to look good on you, if I’m out here with my finger up my ass when the shooting starts,” I suggested.

“Here,” he said handing me a phone.

“Hello, who am I speaking with,” I asked into the phone.

“John Allen it’s Bobbi James. We spoke about a month ago,” she said.

“More like two,” I said. “So what do you know about the man inside the house?”

“He said his name was Marcus the hostages are his wife and kids. He just got out of prison two months ago. He sounds terrified.”

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.