Sometimes It Goes Any Which Way - Cover

Sometimes It Goes Any Which Way

Copyright© 2020 by Sam

Chapter 1

Coming to a new city, no, a new life can be a difficult thing. It is like starting over. One holds on to certain pre-conceived notions for sure, but in the end to be successful you have to be open to many things. That proverbial ‘clean slate’ thing.

Back in the US after five years away, Sam was not certain any thoughts or opinions he held before were still valid, Things had changed; he had changed. He had seen and experienced life, a life that was a lot different from what it was going to be here in California.

It was on the long flight over from Paris that he contemplated those differences. He would concentrate on the priority items. A place to live, legal papers for his new identity as that of a French citizen, a driver’s license, car, school, income source and a plan which he called, ‘The Next Steps’ for everything else. All these things had already been identified and partially arranged for him. He could have kept his US citizenship but for various reasons he wanted that fresh start, another one of those compelling reasons to choose LA.

It was a decent flight to LA, not at all like those cattle cars he had to use before. He was 22, nearly 6 foot, about 180 pounds, give or take a few, well tanned and wise to the ways of the world; or so he thought. Some called him handsome, others said he had a rugged look even ignoring several noticeable scars. All-in-all he was not the same 17 year-old that left home to join the Legion.

He had many other reasons in choosing LA, the main one being Dominique. He had met her on the beach in Nice after earning his ‘Kepi Blanc’. ‘That seemed so long ago’ he thought. He would see her again soon. He smiled at that thought.

Domi, as he called her was a model. A bit older, 24 when he was 18, ‘soon she would be holding at that magic 29 mark’ he thought. Call it Fate, love at first sight, finding your soulmate or anything else but there was little doubt there was something special between them to have lasted this long and separated by thousands of miles. ‘Was it love?’ neither ever used that word.

Her “Please put some lotion on me!” started it. By nightfall his hands had never left her body. For three days and nights they never were out of each other’s sight. Once or twice a year they relived their meeting someplace, usually at some French bastion that still remained. Today Domi would pick him up at LAX.

The years had been kind to her, very kind. She did not look her age, not by a long shot. Sam on the other hand looked older. With carry on in hand he exited Terminal 2 and automatically knew where to find her. Look for the crowd of men, there one would find Domi. Cherchez la femme or ‘look for the woman’.

If her face was not recognized as an object of attention, then it was her body that men flocked to. The tap-tap-tap on her left shoulder was followed by a kiss on her right cheek. When she saw him her eyes lit up, hands opened wide then clasped around his neck; culminating in her giving back those kisses and him swinging her body around in an almost circle. They said something to one another in french then hand in hand walked out the terminal door to her car then to her home.

The ride home was a crescendo building. Her saying repeatedly how much she had missed him, he saying that his time away was over and he was settling down here. Up until then there was never the thought that settling down would be together. Now it was something in the back of both their minds. He was no longer a brash teen and she had endured their separation with grace and dignity. No pledges or demands had been made yet both had done nothing to be ashamed of. Out of sight out of mind never reared its ugly head.

Her car, a new Mercedes Benz AMG GT C was her only vice, she lived in a nice 4 bedroom apartment in Malibu, a smaller one in New York City and a dedicated suite at the Bar Harbor in Florida whenever she was there. Her comment to Sam as they arrived at her place was, “I tried to find you a place of your own, but no luck. I guess you will have to stay with me.”

“Oh, it will be hard. A real torture; but we men must endure life’s little challenges. It will make it easier now to keep my woman safe.”

He did not see the look on her face that brought out. Jennifer, a pop music star lived with her. Yes she was a companion but both were more interested in keeping the numerous romeos at bay. Jen was a cute blond, 19 and filled out anything she wore. Domi had no fear of any negatives that Sam might voice about Jen living with them. In a way Jen would fill-in for her when she had to travel. Sam himself had said that jokingly when introduced to her.

Hand-in-hand they made the rounds to her neighbors, the pool, gym, sauna and tennis court as well as setting Sam up with keys and passes so security knew who he was. Dinner was a steak and sides for Sam with Red wine. Domi and Jen had seafood with White wine. Sam played Somolier. It was difficult not to notice the hand linking then unlinking when Sam had to use his knife.

After a long, hot shower it was time for bed. With two mostly naked ornaments standing by the master bedroom door, his choice for the night was already made.

“Might as well start off this way stud. We don’t bite; much.”

Giving away some of the suspense with those two, not much ever changed about their relationship, if anything they got closer. The rags did not know what to print as both girls were seen on Sam’s arm then together at times. As I said before, except for Jen, Sam and Domi looked about the same age.

Sam slept late on Monday. Domi and Jen crept quietly out of the bed without waking him. By the look on their faces they must have thought it was a grand accomplishment. After a visit to the bathroom, he deemed it much nicer than the cat holes and latrines in the field Sam then went for breakfast. One of them had made oatmeal and left a bowl for him. It was still warm. Standing in-line were raisins, a jar of brown sugar and a jar of cinnamon. Next to that was a note with two kiss lip marks and a message that both had things they needed done today. ‘Be back in time for Din-Din’ ended the note. Underneath was a list of tasks Sam needed to do.

“Yes Mothers!” he said loudly

Registration for school, a local bank, new clothes and look at cars. It was a full day’s agenda and not much time to do it. He did not realize both girls(Yes to him Domi was a girl, not just a woman) had gotten up at 4:30 am and left by 6:00 am.

Jen had a recording session. Domi realized to keep making the ‘big bucks’ travel would be required or...

She chose the or. Sam coming home may have had some influence in that decision. Today was a ‘Meet and Great’ at KNBC 9:00 am then KCBS at 10:00 am. Both were to see how each felt about the opportunity each network would present. The gig at KNBC seemed best at this time; two 13 week segments featuring 5-10 minutes of her commenting on fashion that were taped and would allow her to continue her modeling.

The $100,000 per segment sort of surprised her. When asked who her agent was, she gave Sam’s name without much thinking. TV monies would rival if not surpass modeling pay if she ever changed her career. The fact that who she modeled for and the use of their clothes made the network happy campers too. The comment that they would have her agent’s fee added to the contract flew right on by her as she left.

Domi decided to go to UCLA and pick up Sam. She had called Jen but left a voice mail. When she called Sam, he indicated he was about to call a taxi and would meet her on the lawn in front of the Admin Building, Murphy Hall.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.