Dear John - Cover

Dear John

Copyright© 2017 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 31

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 31 - He's a soldier overseas. She send him the letter: bad news.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Slow  

“So we’ll be going,” said Rina.

“Yes, the man made a good case; he is a persuasive gentleman. I can see how he was able to seduce Abigail. Abigail is smart, but not that kind of smart, and she is a material girl if there ever was one,” I said.

`

“Hmm, yes, I can believe it. I mean that Owen is a charmer, that is. He is good looking and he does have the gift of gab. So yes, she likely didn’t have much in the way of defenses to counter his assault.

“Anyway, so okay, I’m onboard. And though they are your kids and not even my steps yet, they will be soon enough,” she said.

“I just wish they were already,” I said. “I don’t know why you insisted on a June wedding. Yeah, I know it’s all traditional and everything, but really!”

“It’s just something I’ve always had a thing about,” she said. “It’ll give us a little time to save up for the honeymoon too.” She was smiling and for the life of me she seemed almost pretty to me. Well, they did say that beauty was in the eyes of the beholder, and I was the beholder.


May 18th, 2015, graduation day at the college. And it had come faster than seemed possible. The man knew my conditions: no communication whatsoever with the woman. None!

We were early, well, we had had to travel a hundred miles to get here. We had seats in the main

Gallery, on the far right side. We were gabbing about nothing much when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Ronald!” I said.

“Hi Dad,” he said. “I’m supposed to invite you to move over to where the family is sitting. Dad has saved seats for you guys.”

“Is your mom over there?” I said.

“Well yes,” he said.

“We’ll be staying here, Ron, but tell your Dad thanks for the invite,” I said.

“Huh? Okay,” he said.

He left and I watched to see where he was heading. I was able to spot clan Cord a minute later. I saw her standing beside her husband. She was looking right at me. I looked away. I guess she figured that enough time had passed that I had cooled off some; I hadn’t.

“This could be awkward,” said Rina, nudging me.

“It better not be. I made myself clear enough to the man when he came to visit in February. I wasn’t kidding then and I’m not compromising now. Her insults were so egregious that I no longer want anything to do with the woman, not on any level. Too many bad things happened and continue to happen because of her. Too damn many!” I said.

“Okay, I’m with you whatever you decide,” said Rina.

The grad ceremony was nice and traditional and well nice. Then it was over. The grad hat’s filled the air, the screams shook the walls of the auditorium, and then everyone was on the move, and milling and greeting and taking pictures and all of it. Rina and I waited for my daughters to get loose and join us for a picture or two. We had brought the mandatory grad gifts with us too: two gold ladies Bulova watches engraved “with love from Dad” on the backs.

I could see them all together, the Cords, hurrahing each other and having fun. I watched and the woman kept eyeing me from the rim of the group. I think my look was a sneer. She turned and I think said something to Mia. Mia nodded, said something to Sarah, and the two to them came toward us—finally.

“Hi and congratulations, girls,” I said. “I am so proud of the two of you.”

“Yes congrats,” said Rina, her tone warm and kinda excited.

“Thanks Dad, Rina,” the twins said in unison.

There ensued an awkward moment. No one said anything. Then I did.

“Girls?” I said.

“Dad, Mom is very sorry for what she said, whatever it was,” said Mia.

“It is what it is,” I said. “But this is your day not ours.”

“Dad, we, Sarah’s and I, would really love it if you would bend a little. I mean take a family picture with you and Mom and us—and Rina too,” said Mia.

“I’d really like to take a picture with you girls, but not with your mother. That cannot be. I explained that to your Daddy,” I said.

“We really only want to take a picture with the both of you, really, and mom,” said Sarah.

“Well, then, here are your grad gifts,” I said handing them to them. “We’ll be going. I know you probably have a big party and everything to go to. We won’t be holding you up from getting to it.”

“Daddy!” said Mia.

“Have a great life, girls. I really mean it,” I said. “Let’s go, Rina.”

“One minute first,” said Rina. “Girls, Your Dad and I are getting married next month. We’d like you two, to be co-maids of honor.”

“We’d be honored,” said Sarah.

“Yes, if you guys will take the family picture with us and Mom, we’d be so honored to be in your wedding,” said Mia.

“Wait, wait, you mean you won’t be in our wedding unless we take pictures with your mother?” I said.

“Dad that’s fair,” said Mia.

“Like I said, have a nice life and be well. Daddy loves you guys,” I said. I started walking off. Rina was right on my figurative heels trying to talk, but this one was not going to fly, not then not ever! I was not giving into blackmail, not on any level!

I heard the girls calling after me, but I was gone, wheeling fast and gone.

Finally at the truck, I broke down my chair and slid inside. I took my place in the driver’s seat. Rina was strapping herself in.

“You sure you wanted to burn those bridges, love of my life,” she said.

“Of course not, but I will not compromise on this one not ever,” I said, “and blackmail!”

“Never say never honeykins. There is almost always a way,” she said.

“Not this time,” I said, my anger boiling over and coming to the surface. “The man promised me that I wouldn’t have to deal with the woman, but I guess he’s a liar too.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.